Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Simple transformations (25)
Connect to traditional data sources (25)
Business rules and workflow (23)
Complex transformations (23)
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Astera Centerprise, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
- Supported: Connect to traditional data sources
- Supported: Simple transformations
- Supported: Complex transformations
- Supported: Data model creation
- Supported: Business rules and workflow
- Supported: Testing and debugging
- Supported: Integrated development environment
- Supported: Data quality and profiling
- Supported: Job flow, scheduling, and execution
- Supported: Extensibility and openness
- Supported: Performance and scalability
- Supported: Ease of use for business users
Visit http://info.astera.com/Centerprise-Activity_View-Demo-Landing-Page.html to watch Astera Centerprise video.
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||11%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||47%|
|Enterprises (more than 500 employees)||42%|
- ETL, ELT - moving and integrating data
- easy UX/Gui for interacting with the application
- Installation and setup
- Data Source Choices
- Complex Transformations
- Occasional Bugs
- Documentation could be better, more clear
- A premium priced product
- Transform data between data sources.
- Creation of HIPAA 834 files.
- Ability to deliver files based on a number of destination types.
- Better logging and error handling.
- Better support for MS Azure file repositories.
- Easily create and map to many incoming data sources
- Centerprise had an array of connectors
- Transforming data is very graphical UI based and requires little if any programming
- We’d love to see a share point connector.
- I’m not sure if a users group exists but would join if so.
- Data Automation
- Data Integration
- Easy to Manipulate
- Good User Interface
- Additional formulas in expression
- Set maximum number of emails per run
- Outstanding Customer Service
- Continued improvement/updating on Reportminer documentation
- Window management on smaller screens can be very difficult. I often have to rescale the the tool windows to use.
- Sometimes the data preview will glitch out and not display anything but I'm able to generate a .csv.
- Astera support team is very knowledgeable, helpful and very prompt to answer any question.
- Their product is very simple to use.
- Astera Centerprise Help documentation/training videos are very detailed.
- Astera Centerprise rolled out new version 8 recently. During our conversion from version 7 to version 8, we encountered couple of issues with new Astera version. Once notified, they fixed the issue and sent us the patch within days.
- I think Centerprise Server register feature in version 7 was much simpler than version 8.
- API integrations vis REST Web Service transformation
- Stored Procedure integration via SQL statement Lookup transformation
- Bulk imports and exports to and from tables
- Data dumps from SQL tables to excel, csv, text files etc...
- I would say Server Monitor is not very user-friendly. Astera [Centerprise] can add sorting features on different columns to make it more intuitive
- The search box in server monitor doesn't display the the way I expect.
- Designing report models and dataflow diagrams are very simple and understandable for users.
- Various type of output could be generated from the Astera package.
- Process thousands of files in a few second.
- Very supportive team from Astera which are ready to help our users
- We already communicated those issues which we believe could be useful for future development with your support team.
- Monitor folders for new files
- Workflow processing
- Data transformation
- Excel Formatting
- Makes designing ETL jobs quick
- Able to include business users in the design
- Centralized job management
- Job management interface could use some work
- Some procedural functionality would help in certain situations
- It would be nice for the complied package to detect the environment in which it's running; Prod, Test, Development, and use those parameters accordingly.
- Of the six mid-tier ETL/DI tools I studied, Centerprise is the most intuitive to use.
- Customer support is email-centric, but nonetheless solid. Astera happily does conference calls when the need arises.
- Wide range of features.
- Expression transformation uses SQL-ish (as opposed to Java-ish or MS-ish) commands. Simple to use, and select/paste helps.
- Love the PowerCenter-style expression transformation.
- Documentation explanations are in video and text format. While most explanations are relatively clear (or even very clear), in my opinion, the documentation is a bit haphazardly-organized. It takes me longer than I'd like to find something, although I usually do.
- Look-ups transformation certainly works, but it could be more robust. (There are ways around that.)
- Handles large volumes of data well!
- Centralizes and simplifies data management loading!
- Provides insight into data anomalies and patterns that weren't previously visible!
- Like any tool, it has a learning curve and is somewhat proprietary in how they approach things.
- It can be clunky to train others who aren't familiar with such tools or concepts, not so intuitive that it can be picked up by any engineer.
- Supports numerous data sources.
- Integration with AWS services.
- Individual statistics per record.
- Visualization intended for debugging.
- Attractive user interface.
- Streaming facilities.
- There is no reusable JDBC configuration.
- Processor configuration changes require stopping all data flow.
- Ease of managing large volumes of data.
- Good integration with Mainframe platforms.
- The Data Stream Programming Concept is straightforward.
- Good integration with Data Provenance and auditing.
- Possibility of handling binary data.
- Simple user interface.
- Lack of statistics per processed record.
- High resource consumption.
- Astera allows us to use connectors that support any type of data (structured, unstructured and complex), any pattern (between batches, ETL, ELT, real-time, Big Data processing, APIs, events and transmissions) and advanced functions such as optimization pushdown, data change capture, advanced search, partitioning and error handling.
- We create very simple and complex data integration loads in a mapping designer with time-consuming advanced data integration as standard.
- The software is available at all times and from virtually anywhere.
- Using the built-in task wizards to replicate and synchronize batch data at scale we occasionally encounter design flaws.
- Centerprise simplifies data modeling and workflow creation. The product has a very user-friendly UI, business users with no technical background need very little training.
- Extracting data from a PDF and other proprietary formats.
- The Centerprise product is very scalable and can handle robust volumes.
- I would like to have integrated source control and better change management tools. Often workflows and data models are updated or modified and the history or original files are not tracked or easy to follow in the history.
- Licensing a new instance can be difficult.
- Astera's customer service and help team are quick to respond and have always found solutions to my questions or problems. They also follow up after completing a support request to make sure everything was working correctly. If it's not something the current version allows, as far as functionality, they develop a solution for the next version because they assume if one company has that need that others will as well.
- I've never lost touch with our sales representative. She checks in at least twice a year, if not more, to make sure that we are happy with their product and to see if we need anything. I've rarely needed anything, but when I did she made sure to have the correct person contact me regarding what I asked for and she followed up to make sure the request was resolved.
- EDI is a very complex language and making any changes can cause errors in other areas that you aren't aware of. Astera Centerprise creates an environment that is much easier to understand than looking at a raw data file. The functionality allows us to make changes to each transaction within a file in under a minute with no errors created. Making these changes before we had Astera Centerprise took a week for one file. We can now get to more files to create clean data for the state and have reached 97% acceptance.
- Centerprise's functionality can be applied at any level. It can be a broad change to an entire segment, or it can be a single digit that is changed. You can program the system to look for specific items within a file and change only the records that need to be changed. It can sequence items, it can remove items and it can add items when specifically programmed to. And if you run into a wall creating the program, Astera's help desk will help you get past it. And the program language used is easy to understand as well. If you understand functions in Microsoft Excel or SQL statements, you will be able to use this product.
- When purchasing Astera Centerprise you are given options on how you would like to be trained and each option comes with a different price tag. We chose to be trained using online meetings over several days. The training went too fast and it was not always easy to understand until I started using the product.
- I am a person that wants to learn how and why something works so that I can use the knowledge in the future. When contacting the support team they take the problem, create a solution for you and send it back. The solutions always work, but when I get the solution I have to review every field and function to understand how it works so that I can re-create it for another solution I need. I would much rather have the support team explain what I had done incorrectly and what they changed or I would like to find a solution with them instead of having it handed to me.
- Astera uses license keys to allow their customers rights to only the functionality that was purchased. Each user and server has its own key and each key is only good for one year. There have been 2 different times that we received keys that had less functionality that we purchased. It wasn't until it created problems that we noticed and had to request new keys. This year our sales representative made sure she was available when we updated our keys so that if there was a problem she could fix it right away; however, there were not issues this year. I believe this is something they pay closer attention to now.
- It has a wide range of platforms, including Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, and more.
- Efficient workflow.
- Granular coverage for each database platform.
- Advanced SQL optimization.
- Test of performance.
- Real-time performance diagnostics.
- Detection and protection of our confidential data.
- Backing up the database takes a long time.
- Testing backups to make sure the database can be recovered is difficult.
- Recovering lost data in the event of an incident is time consuming.
- EDI integration.
- API integration.
- ETL batch updates.
- No issues encountered so far.
Data Sources: Oracle DB, SQL Server DB, XML, CSV.
Targets: Oracle DB, XML
- Very simple installation and configuration.
- Easy to learn.
- User Interface (UI) is very intuitive.
- Simple licensing.
- Expert product support services.
- Performance with large dataset (50 million+ rows) can cause some issues. But there are ways to work around that.
- Generating XML using CSV source - adding additional header elements in the XML was not available in the product. Needed to do some post processing. Should be included in the product feature.
- Data Accuracy - 38 decimal places (i.e NUMBER data type in Oracle type) not supported by Astera in the version we used. Newer version may have addressed this issue
- Needs more pre-built connectors for well-known cloud apps (Dynamics, SFDC etc.).
However, Astera may not best suited for real-time, API-based integration. One can make it work (it has REST/SOAP client), but it may not be as good as Mulesoft, etc.
- It is easy to use. Does not required too much technical background to learn.
- It can quickly transfer the data across different data sources as it supports the multi-thread processes.
- It supports many different data sources.
- Better support for SQLite, as it is only partially support it.
- Supporting the spatial functions. For example, connection SDE or geo databases.
- More user-friendly error message reporting.
- Simplistic in standing up a complex ETL process in days.
- Low maintenance.
- Fast execution time.
- Better normalization functions.
- Shouldn't have to adjust to daylight savings.
- It offers simplicity in building simple to medium integrations really fast.
- The integration flows are mostly easy to read and hence can be shown to and understood by many non-technical people.
- Any kind of feasible built-in security framework was something that was badly missing up till version 8. And even in version 8 it is still doing just the first baby steps. More effort should be invested from Astera to build a secure framework ideally with Active Directory integration.
- Better debugging options are needed. Sometimes the flows are failing and it is hard to trace the problem. Ideally we could have a debugger that step by step highlights the elements in the flow and thus shows where the data is currently being transformed in that step (just like when you debug source code).
On the topic of less appropriate usage scenarios - we have seen Astera struggling with vast amounts of data. Also if you have a huge system architecture, there is a good chance that some of the systems will not have any kind of native connectors. When compared to competition, Centerprise is definitely not that rich in terms of native connector collection for different systems. Should you choose Astera Centerprise, for some target systems you might need to opt for workarounds with webservice calls or file exchange to set up your interfaces.
- Slick drag and drop UI is easy to learn and get started with
- Customer service is friendly and responsed quickly
- Large array of built in functions makes data manipulation easy
- Sometimes when previewing the data output or even running complex dataflows it can take a long time.
- Occasionally crashes after long use
- Could use some more functions like row number
- The user friendly interface to develop integration packages means that you don't need to be highly trained in SQL code.
- There is a huge variety of out-of-box functions, translations, and connectors. This means you can get up and running with using these different components right away.
- Centerprise Data Integrator can mine data from unstructured and semi-structured data sources like pdf files and csv's. It means that virtually anything you have can be moved into a SQL database or fed into other systems.
- Centerprise Support has been excellent and responsive to our needs.
- We had some issues in getting the software running with their licensing model on our Citrix Desktop. They were very helpful in working with us on this issue.
- With any product that creates SQL code in the background, I am skeptical of how optimized that will be for our specific environment. We have not yet had problems related to this, but customers may want to monitor closely.
- They do not yet seem to have a large customer base and robust user community.