Cloudingo - a cloud-based SaaS, connects to salesforce.com and allows system administrators to scan their entire database for similar or duplicate records. Cloudingo was launched in late 2011. It is well known for its ease-of-use and rich user experience.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/TI/A7/VHAKOANTFMNL.pngWhy Cloudingo was the choice for me...Cloudingo is our primary means of data governance in Salesforce. When I took over the Salesforce database a few years ago I realized just how bad things where in terms of data quality. There are a number of solutions on the AppExchange (some with longer track records) but after demos and trials of a number of them I quickly found that Cloudingo was far more advanced and actually easier to use. In my case, I am cleaning up leads, contacts, accounts based on case history. When I say case I see I mean in a legal sense (not Salesforce cases). We have custom objects that hold a lot of this data and that data is tied to various contacts, accounts and leads. I am the Salesforce admin by default. I enjoy technology and I like thinking about better ways to do things. Cloudingo has allowed me to clean up our data to a point where we can actually think about outbound marketing and not be worried about doing so.,The automation engine is extremely powerful. I have over 500 fields on some objects and I want to do different things with that data depending on what the master record is. I was able to configure Cloudingo do all this. i.e. set it and forget it and I just get an emailed report. Visualization of the problem areas is completely unique. Cloudingo has a dashboard concept with tiles and those tiles represent ways of looking at the data and potential duplicate records. Innovate - every suggestion I've given them they have implemented and then some. Cloudingo really pushes the pace and I am always thankful when new releases come out because they put in cool stuff that I would have never thought of.,I would love to have a multi-user mode. I realize this very difficult though given I as an admin can see records my peers cannot.,10,We literally cut our data size in half and were able to drop extra storage we were paying for with Salesforce. Our case managers now have a lot more confidence not only when reaching out to people but I have more confidence in the reporting that I can after the fact. It's much faster to identify problem areas in the data when we import lists now and we're able to quickly auto-merge.,DemandTools,Salesforce.com, Microsoft SQL Server, DocuSign,3,4,The ability to import lists that we get and dedupe them as they come in. Automation - we simply don't have the time to keep the data clean so we rely on Cloudingo to be the watchdog (almost like having anti-virus). It just runs in the background and alerts of us anything that fell out of scope (i.e. exception cases). For example, there is a case when I want human eyes on the records and I was able to add that as part of the automation settings. Cloud-based - I don't want our staff using their machines' resources to dedupe. They are used to Salesforce and the cloud-model and it is much faster to bring them up to speed if stay within that paradigm.,Mass Update - Often times we'll find cases where things should have been structured better in our data. For example, we might combine two pick lists into one. With Cloudingo we're able to go and touch all those records and update them accordingly. Address Validation - we do a lot of mailings and with address validation built in - it is pretty slick to just automate that whole process through one vendor.,10,No,Price Product Features Product Usability Product Reputation Vendor Reputation,Implemented in-house,No,Change management was minimal,We didn't hit any issues,10,10,Yes,I had a case going on about eight months ago that required me importing a lot of data in Salesforce and I called really late with a question. It must have been 10PM on a week night and Steve worked with me for probably 45 minutes while we came up with a game plan. It had nothing to do with Cloudingo and everything to do with our setup that made it hard one to get around. I should point out though that Steve works in Dallas (the entire company is in Dallas). I was just impressed why the whole thing. I would have been up all night had they not picked up the phone.,Dashboard & File Creation Exportable Reports Import Wizard,Import wizard is a little hard to use from a small laptop screen Automation engine is a little hard to configure from a small laptop screen,10Cloudingo is a great solution for cloud-based Salesforce.com data deduplicationWe use Cloudingo to connect to our Salesforce.com CRM system to help us identify and remove duplicate email addresses. We send outbound marketing email messages to addresses we acquire by a variety of means. De-duplicating new contacts and leads to ensure we don't send the wrong message, or an unwanted message, to a contact we already know (whether or not their email address matches) is very important.,The connection to Salesforce.com is seamless and works well. Cloudingo has a library of common name synonyms for deduplication (e.g. William = Bill = Billy). Cloudingo is entirely cloud-based so there's no software to install and setup / installation is simple and easy. The price is right.,Cloudingo has no persistent notion of contacts it has flagged previously that are NOT duplicates. Without tweaking filters just so for match criteria, it will present you the same sets of potential (and previously identified non-) duplicates again and again which is a waste of time. Innovation velocity at Cloudingo is low. The product is pretty much identical to what it was 2+ years ago. What you see is probably what you're going to get for a long, long time.,8,While it requires some manual heavy lifting to operate, Cloudingo definitely saves us from misfiring on our email messages which has kept our complaint rate at zero for years, which is very important to us.,DemandTools,Google Analytics, Salesforce.com, Marketo, Bill.com, QuickBooks Online, JangoMailDedup with CloudingoCloudingo is being used to clean up and deduplicate Salesforce objects. We can only really automate the use of Cloudingo for leads due to our data structure and cannot allow it to automatically run on account or contacts due to data loss issues. Those still need to be manually handled.,Out of sight out of mind basic dedup Address validation,Fine tuned merging rules A faster UI A UI inside of Salesforce as opposed to a separate login,6,Neglected and not used due to destructive automation Fear of cleaning up data Not wanting a human to do proper cleansing,2,1
Cloudingo

Cloudingo Reviews

Cloudingo
Filter 15 vetted Cloudingo reviews and ratings
James Winslow profile photo
January 27, 2016

User Review: "Why Cloudingo was the choice for me..."

• The automation engine is extremely powerful. I have over 500 fields on some objects and I want to do different things with that data depending on what the master record is. I was able to configure Cloudingo do all this. i.e. set it and forget it and I just get an emailed report.
  • Visualization of the problem areas is completely unique. Cloudingo has a dashboard concept with tiles and those tiles represent ways of looking at the data and potential duplicate records.
  • Innovate - every suggestion I've given them they have implemented and then some. Cloudingo really pushes the pace and I am always thankful when new releases come out because they put in cool stuff that I would have never thought of.
  • I would love to have a multi-user mode. I realize this very difficult though given I as an admin can see records my peers cannot.
Cloudingo does particularly well with large data sets. This was my issue and why I why I went with Cloudingo. The more data you have the longer it is going to take to analyze and Cloudingo is blazing fast for our database size. I am in a user group with someone who deployed Cloudingo to an org with 70 million leads, contacts, accounts and it just mows through it. I guess that is the power of the cloud!
Read James Winslow's full review
February 12, 2016

Review: "Cloudingo is a great solution for cloud-based Salesforce.com data deduplication"

• The connection to Salesforce.com is seamless and works well.
  • Cloudingo has a library of common name synonyms for deduplication (e.g. William = Bill = Billy).
  • Cloudingo is entirely cloud-based so there's no software to install and setup / installation is simple and easy.
  • The price is right.
  • Cloudingo has no persistent notion of contacts it has flagged previously that are NOT duplicates. Without tweaking filters just so for match criteria, it will present you the same sets of potential (and previously identified non-) duplicates again and again which is a waste of time.
  • Innovation velocity at Cloudingo is low. The product is pretty much identical to what it was 2+ years ago. What you see is probably what you're going to get for a long, long time.
I would recommend Cloudingo for a Salesforce.com shop who wants a wholly cloud-based alternative for data de-duplication in Salesforce, probably irrespective of the data set size.
July 20, 2015

User Review: "Dedup with Cloudingo"

• Out of sight out of mind basic dedup
  • Address validation
  • Fine tuned merging rules
  • A faster UI
  • A UI inside of Salesforce as opposed to a separate login

What needs to be deduped?

How sensitive is data integrity?

What type of merging must be done by hand?

About Cloudingo