Cloudingo Reviews

Parker O'Very | TrustRadius Reviewer
I love Cloudingo. It's not pretty or particularly easy to use, but it works. It works very well. It definitely takes some time to set up and learn how to use, but for most that would be using it, this shouldn't be that big an issue. I use it to keep our CRM data clean. It has helped me clear out tens of thousands of duplicate records—Accounts, Contacts, and Leads. I also use it to import new record lists. Its import wizard allows me to de-dupe and import in the same process. No more vlookups!
  • Filter creation. I can create de-dupe filters on any and every field on our account, contact, and lead records. It has great built-in operators for the filters as well. Like URL, name cleaned, case sensitivity, spaces removed, etc.
  • Imports. I LOVE that I can import new records and de-dupe at the same time. Saves so much time!
  • Marketo integration. We actually don't use this, but it is very powerful. Marketo can't convert leads to existing accounts in Salesforce, and it always creates an opportunity. With this integration, you can run conversions through Cloudingo and avoid all of that.
  • Cost. The standard package has so much functionality and is priced very fairly. You get a ton of value for the price.
  • Lead to contact merges/dedupes, and lead to account conversions. Leads can be matched to existing accounts and can be merged with contact duplicates. Cross-object merges and conversions are super powerful.
  • Custom object de-dupes.
  • Support is GREAT! Always super quick to respond, very knowledgeable, and very helpful!
  • I wish there were a few more merge operators. You can set merge rules based on "equals", "oldest date", etc., but there is no "contains" operator.
  • Hard to use. The platform is just very complex. Not sure how you'd get around this though since this type of mass action is very involved.
  • The price difference between the standard package and the pro package is a very big jump. But it has to be since the pro uses a REST API.
For cleaning up large amounts of data and performing large data imports, Cloudingo is the perfect solution. You can do everything manually one-by-one, manually run a mass de-dupe, or even set it to run automatically with a schedule or with triggers. If you merge records on a regular basis, Cloudingo is the right tool. If you only have to merge things occasionally, you might not need such a robust tool.
Read Parker O'Very's full review
Rachel Green | TrustRadius Reviewer
Having clean and up-to-date data in your CRM is extremely important. Cloudingo is used in our sales and marketing departments to... 1) Merge duplicate records 2) Ensure leads are converted to contacts to the appropriate account. Rather than having to manually guess and search for "dirty" data in Salesforce, Cloudingo allows our teams to see the quality of the data in our CRM in a single dashboard view, and also allows us to merge and convert records individually or in groups. Cloudingo helps keep our CRM clean so the rest of the work we do isn't wasted on "dirty" or out-dated data.
  • Cloudingo displays a single dashboard view of the quality of data you have in Salesforce. You no longer have to guess how much of your CRM is "clean" or "dirty".
  • Cloudingo allows you to test functionality in Salesforce Sandbox prior to conducting changes in Salesforce Production. I highly recommend thoroughly testing functionality prior to making changes in your live CRM.
  • Cloudingo allows you to mass merge and converts records automatically and manually either individually or in groups. This saves a lot of manual time in trying to keep your CRM's data clean.
  • Cloudingo is slow. The processing power is not very quick, especially when mass cleaning records.
  • Our company does not have Cloudingo automatically running and cleaning, primarily because we do not trust the set up of our Cloudingo platform to conduct deduping or converting without human supervision.
  • Cloudingo onboarding and training. I felt confident when onboarding the software, but right after we had it set up I had to figure out a lot of the functionality and "rule" setting on my own. It is not the easiest application to self-teach yourself.
Cloudingo is a Salesforce deduping and cleaning tool. I highly recommend that someone in your company who works with Salesforce data also work within Cloudingo. Cloudingo, also allows you to import leads and contacts into Salesforce in the same document, which is a huge time saver. It is not a segmentation or "missing" data finding tool, like some of their competitors.
Read Rachel Green's full review
James Winslow | TrustRadius Reviewer
Cloudingo is our primary means of data governance in Salesforce. When I took over the Salesforce database a few years ago I realized just how bad things where in terms of data quality. There are a number of solutions on the AppExchange (some with longer track records) but after demos and trials of a number of them I quickly found that Cloudingo was far more advanced and actually easier to use. In my case, I am cleaning up leads, contacts, accounts based on case history. When I say case I see I mean in a legal sense (not Salesforce cases). We have custom objects that hold a lot of this data and that data is tied to various contacts, accounts and leads.

I am the Salesforce admin by default. I enjoy technology and I like thinking about better ways to do things. Cloudingo has allowed me to clean up our data to a point where we can actually think about outbound marketing and not be worried about doing so.
  • The automation engine is extremely powerful. I have over 500 fields on some objects and I want to do different things with that data depending on what the master record is. I was able to configure Cloudingo do all this. i.e. set it and forget it and I just get an emailed report.
  • Visualization of the problem areas is completely unique. Cloudingo has a dashboard concept with tiles and those tiles represent ways of looking at the data and potential duplicate records.
  • Innovate - every suggestion I've given them they have implemented and then some. Cloudingo really pushes the pace and I am always thankful when new releases come out because they put in cool stuff that I would have never thought of.
  • I would love to have a multi-user mode. I realize this very difficult though given I as an admin can see records my peers cannot.
Cloudingo does particularly well with large data sets. This was my issue and why I why I went with Cloudingo. The more data you have the longer it is going to take to analyze and Cloudingo is blazing fast for our database size. I am in a user group with someone who deployed Cloudingo to an org with 70 million leads, contacts, accounts and it just mows through it. I guess that is the power of the cloud!
Read James Winslow's full review
We use Cloudingo to connect to our Salesforce.com CRM system to help us identify and remove duplicate email addresses. We send outbound marketing email messages to addresses we acquire by a variety of means. De-duplicating new contacts and leads to ensure we don't send the wrong message, or an unwanted message, to a contact we already know (whether or not their email address matches) is very important.
  • The connection to Salesforce.com is seamless and works well.
  • Cloudingo has a library of common name synonyms for deduplication (e.g. William = Bill = Billy).
  • Cloudingo is entirely cloud-based so there's no software to install and setup / installation is simple and easy.
  • The price is right.
  • Cloudingo has no persistent notion of contacts it has flagged previously that are NOT duplicates. Without tweaking filters just so for match criteria, it will present you the same sets of potential (and previously identified non-) duplicates again and again which is a waste of time.
  • Innovation velocity at Cloudingo is low. The product is pretty much identical to what it was 2+ years ago. What you see is probably what you're going to get for a long, long time.
I would recommend Cloudingo for a Salesforce.com shop who wants a wholly cloud-based alternative for data de-duplication in Salesforce, probably irrespective of the data set size.
Cloudingo is being used to clean up and deduplicate Salesforce objects. We can only really automate the use of Cloudingo for leads due to our data structure and cannot allow it to automatically run on account or contacts due to data loss issues. Those still need to be manually handled.
  • Out of sight out of mind basic dedup
  • Address validation
  • Fine tuned merging rules
  • A faster UI
  • A UI inside of Salesforce as opposed to a separate login

What needs to be deduped?

How sensitive is data integrity?

What type of merging must be done by hand?

About Cloudingo

Cloudingo - a cloud-based SaaS, connects to salesforce.com and allows system administrators to scan their entire database for similar or duplicate records. Cloudingo was launched in late 2011. It is well known for its ease-of-use and rich user experience.