Benefits of Edmodo
October 22, 2019
Benefits of Edmodo
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Edmodo
We have used Edmodo as a platform to create a virtual environment for our classrooms to give students quizzes and assignments. We have used it building-wide across grade levels. This platform helps us to provide quick feedback to our students on their progress and performance in class. We are also able to track their improvements to be able to celebrate successes.
- Ease of access for our students and staff.
- Provides a way to access students with records of their performance.
- Customer service is available and willing to work with us to help us troubleshoot.
- When using the app, we have encountered difficulty with it asking to be reinstalled.
- There have been instances of student answers disappearing when they submit.
- Some notifications that will constantly reappear even after being cleared.
- Our students understand where they are at with their progress.
- It allows faculty to quickly grade and give feedback to students and frees up their time for other activities.
- Ease of creating assignments and quizzes.
- Canvas and Google Classroom
Canvas provides the most features as compared to Edmodo. I like the ease of Edmodo and its ease of use. It provides the basics of what someone needs who doesn't want every bell and whistle under the sun. There are times when all the extras make it difficult to simply do what you need to.
They provide multiple avenues to reach them whether through direct contact, help tutorials, forums, and communities. I am always able to find some avenue that will allow me to find the answer I am looking for. I am able to see the experiences of other users and do not always have to call or send in an email to customer support.
Do you think Edmodo delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Edmodo's feature set?
Did Edmodo live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Edmodo go as expected?
Would you buy Edmodo again?
Edmodo does a great job of presenting student results. The use of bar graphs allows us to quickly see where students are at to plan for interventions and instruction. It allows students to have access to the assignment even if they are outside of the classroom. It allows for faster feedback to be given to my students about their performance.