Epicor Eclipse is an end-to-end business system for wholesale distributors, as well as electrical, HVAC, plumbing and PVF businesses.
- Order entry (17)7.777%
- Location management (17)7.777%
- Inventory tracking (17)7.474%
- Pricing (17)7.373%
Epicor Eclipse is an end-to-end business system for wholesale distributors, as well as electrical, HVAC, plumbing and PVF businesses.
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
10 people also want pricing
SAP S/4HANA Cloud is a modular cloud ERP software designed for every business need – powered by AI and analytics. SAP S/4HANA Cloud enables users to run mission-critical operations in real time from anywhere, introduce new business models in an industry, and expand globally. It can be deployed…
Sage 100 (or Sage 100cloud is a business management software offering a broad range of modules designed to meet the many needs of virtually any business. It encompasses financial operations and accounting, payroll, business intelligence, CRM, eBusiness, manufacturing and distribution.
Provides for pay calculation and benefit plan administration, in addition to managing direct deposit, salary revisions and payroll tracking.
- 10Pay calculation(1) Ratings
Pay calculation provides for computation of employee pay with state and federal deductions.
- 9Benefit plan administration(1) Ratings
Benefit plan administration is administration of health insurance plans and 401k plans, and other benefits.
- 8.7Direct deposit files(3) Ratings
Direct deposit is the ability to electronically transfer pay to an employee’s personal bank account.
This addresses a company’s ability to configure the software to fit its specific use case and workflow.
- 7.8API for custom integration(7) Ratings
An API (application programming interface) provides a standard programming interface for connecting third-party systems to the software for data creation, access, updating and/or deletion.
- 6.7Plug-ins(9) Ratings
A number of third-party plug-ins are available to expand the core functionality of the software.
This component helps a company minimize the security risks by controlling access to the software and its data, and encouraging best practices among users.
- 8Single sign-on capability(9) Ratings
The software system supports a centralized authentication mechanism allowing the user to access multiple systems with a single, centrally managed password.
- 7.5Role-based user permissions(14) Ratings
Permissions to perform actions or access or modify data are assigned to roles, which are then assigned to users, reducing complexity of administration.
Users can report on and analyze usage, performance, ROI, and/or other metrics of success.
- 6.7Dashboards(11) Ratings
Users can create, customize and share dashboards, which provide an overview of the most important metrics.
- 6.4Standard reports(16) Ratings
The software offers pre-built reports with metrics standard to the category.
- 6.9Custom reports(16) Ratings
Users can create custom reports.
Financial management solution, including capabilities for general ledger and configurable accounting
- 6.9Accounts payable(15) Ratings
This includes the automation and tracking of payment to vendors and suppliers, with features such as payment scheduling, check printing, open purchase order alerts, document management, direct ACH bill payment, and vendor records.
- 6.8Accounts receivable(13) Ratings
This includes the management and automation of invoices and collections, with features like statements, invoices, receipts, payment reminders, customer records, auto billing, and refund checks.
- 7.1Global Financial Support(7) Ratings
Account using multiple ledgers, multiple currencies, and multiple entities
- 7.2Primary and Secondary Ledgers(6) Ratings
Record and report across multiple currencies and accounting standards with primary and secondary ledgers
- 7.3Journals and Reconciliations(10) Ratings
Automate and synchronize ledgers and processes
- 8.3Configurable Accounting(8) Ratings
Configure accounting rules and segments for each chart of accounts
- 6.7Standardized Processes(10) Ratings
Centralize financial management to facilitate standardized financial processes
The ability to track and manage the flow of goods or materials into and out of an inventory.
- 7.4Inventory tracking(17) Ratings
The software syncs orders and stock to maintain a real-time picture of inventory and supports multiple methods such as LIFO and FIFO.
- 6.7Automatic reordering(15) Ratings
The software can be set up to automatically reorder a good when it falls below a certain threshold.
- 7.7Location management(17) Ratings
The software can track multiple goods across multiple locations.
The ability to process orders, and track them from quote to cash.
- 7.3Pricing(17) Ratings
Users can set up complex and unique pricing requirements.
- 7.7Order entry(17) Ratings
Users can enter an order once, and the data flows to all the necessary units such as fulfillment and billing.
- 8Credit card processing(14) Ratings
The software facilitates credit card processing.
- 7.8Cost of goods sold(16) Ratings
The software calculates the direct costs attributable to a finished product, such as materials and labor, and includes roll-up pricing.
- 7.4Order Orchestration(13) Ratings
Define and execute order fulfillment processes for products as well as services on the same order.
Revenue management solution including capabilities for subledgers and financial processes
- 6.9Billing Management(11) Ratings
Access role-based billing work area, perform discrete and recurring billing
- 7.4Cash and Asset Management(8) Ratings
Manage liquidity and cash requirements, asset transfers, disposals, reclassifications, and financial adjustments
- 7.3Travel & Expense Management(6) Ratings
Enter expenses from mobile devices, integrate credit card and travel booking, configure policy enforcement
- 6.1Budgetary Control & Encumbrance Accounting(5) Ratings
Control spending at any budget level or time interval
- 7.5Period Close(11) Ratings
Sustain fast close with integrated subledgers, intuitive dashboards, embedded collaboration
Project financial management solution including capabilities for project budgeting, cost control, billing and contract management.
- 6.8Budgeting and Forecasting(6) Ratings
Establish project budgets and forecast future project financials
- 7.2Project Costing(6) Ratings
Standardize, track, and control costs at all project phases
- 6.2Cost Capture(6) Ratings
Capture costs including those for procurement, financials or time and labor, including from external systems
- 6Capital Project Management(5) Ratings
Track and manage capital asset costs
- 7.7Customer Contract Compliance(5) Ratings
Associate projects or tasks with customer contracts, and lines within contracts, to meet billing terms
- 7Project Revenue Recognition(4) Ratings
Recognize project contract revenue in line with accounting policies and regulations
Project execution management solution including capabilities for project scheduling, resource management, and team member task management.
- 6.6Project Planning and Scheduling(3) Ratings
Interactive Gantt chart for establishing tasks, durations, and delivery schedule
- 5.7Task Insight for Project Managers(3) Ratings
Project manager visibility into task progress of team members
- 6.4Project Mobile Functionality(2) Ratings
Capabilities for project functions such as updating and monitoring task progress and timecards from mobile devices
Grants management solution for higher education, public sector, or non-profits with capabilities for managing financial awards for program and project funding
- 8Award Lifecycle Management(1) Ratings
Manage the life of program funding awards from initial funding to close-out
Procurement management solution with capabilities for sourcing, contracting, procure-to-pay and supplier management
- 5.1Bids Analyzed and Compared(6) Ratings
Evaluate, compare and recommend across multiple bids in real-time using diverse user selected criteria and graphical analytics
- 6.8Contract Authoring(2) Ratings
Document authoring with guided navigation, negotiation templates and productivity tools for reviews and collaboration
- 4.8Contract Repository(3) Ratings
Secure and searchable contract repository leveraging standard company language components, structures and formats
- 6.9Requisitions-to-Purchase Orders Integrated(4) Ratings
Create touchless purchases using purchase orders generated automatically per rules from approved requisitions
- 6.8Supplier Management(4) Ratings
Broadly manage and report comprehensive supplier profiles, capabilities and performance; identify bottlenecks; balance allocations, workloads
Risk management solution with capabilities for managing controls, assessing control effectiveness, certifying controls, and addressing deficiencies
- 2.7Risk Repository(2) Ratings
Idenity, document, and manage business risks in a unified repository
- 6.2Control Management(2) Ratings
Establish and update risk and controls matrix, control test plans, and instructions
- 4.5Control Efficiency Assessments(1) Ratings
Assess control effectiveness on criteria such as geography, business unit, compliance requirements, etc
- 4.1Issue Detection(2) Ratings
Detect and create issues as part of the assessment flow
- 3.8Remediation and Certification(2) Ratings
Create and update remediation plans and certify controls
Logistics solution with capabilities for transportation planning, transportation execution, trade compliance, customs management, warehouse management and warehouse workforce management.
- 4.3Transportation Planning and Optimization(6) Ratings
Plan shipments across all modes of transportation via lowest costs/highest service
- 4.2Transportation Execution Management(6) Ratings
Execute and track shipping orders
- 4.1Trade and Customs Management(2) Ratings
Manage duties, tax rates, customs documents, and other data required for products shipped in and to specified countries
- 6.3Fulfillment Management(2) Ratings
Support for multi-channel demand and execution fulfillment processes
- 6.3Warehouse Workforce Management(4) Ratings
Set goals, measure actuals, and analyze productivity for warehousing tasks and activities
Manufacturing solution for managing manufacturing processes and costs.
- 4.5Production Process Design(2) Ratings
Define data for plant hierarchy, process standards, work areas, calendars and standard operations
- 5.7Production Management(3) Ratings
Centralized critical status information for production supervisors
- 6.4Configuration Management(1) Ratings
Capture and process customer configuration orders
- 5.4Work Execution(3) Ratings
Monitor procution status, manage work orders for standard and non-standard production, enforce tight controls on serialized products
- 4.8Manufacturing Costs(3) Ratings
Estimate, plan and monitor costs and variances by plant. Capture resource costs using standard, actual, LIFO, FIFO or multiple costing methods.
Supply Chain Planning solution with capabilities for planning, performance monitoring, change responses and execution.
- 6.1Forecasting(12) Ratings
Statistically forecast based on historical patterns and sales input, monitor accuracy and estimate new demand
- 6.6Inventory Planning(11) Ratings
Establish projected inventory levels, monitor actual levels and compare with projected levels
- 5.6Performance Monitoring(9) Ratings
Analyze business metrics and compare actual performance to plans, identify issues, prioritize demands and respond to changes
Product Lifecycle Management solution with capabilities for innovation management, product development
- 5.9Proposal Management(3) Ratings
Capture budget, resource, and benefit expectations for proposals
- 6.4Product Master Data Management(3) Ratings
Create, classify, and manage product items, BOMs and product changes
- Tech Details
- 4.3Likelihood to Renew3 ratings
- 9.1Availability1 rating
- 9.1Performance1 rating
- 7.3Usability1 rating
- 5.5Support Rating1 rating
- 8.2Online Training1 rating
- 9.1In-Person Training1 rating
- 4.5Implementation Rating1 rating
- 4.5Configurability1 rating
- 4.5Product Scalability1 rating
- 4.5Ease of integration1 rating
- 7.3Vendor pre-sale1 rating
- 8.2Vendor post-sale1 rating
- It's very easy to use. I have used more complex accounting software and this is so simple.
- It has some powerful reporting tools.
- It can be used at a sales counter to handle walk-in customers.
- The version we use is a non-windows based version, we chose this due to pricing since we are a small company.
- Their Tier 1 level tech support leaves a little to be desired.
- It would be nice to switch between open windows/screens.
- Quote management and order fulfillment
- Doesn't support all the sectors of bussiness
- Strong is the job scheduling arena. Customer orders can be set up to release product on a specific schedule and each item can have its own schedule.
- The text search feature is robust. By default, the system will search multiple fields for information so you don't spend time clicking through columns to find something.
- The interface is fast, particularly compared with some other Epicor solutions.
- If you're not in the HVAC or Electrical industries and you're using Eclipse, you've got the wrong software. The scheduling component that is a huge asset to those industries is a major performance bottleneck for other industries.
- The reporting is very limited; outputs are not user friendly. No open database.
- Too many keystrokes to get things done. Redundant screens plague this system.
- I feel their customer service is pretty good. When having issues, being able to speak someone in a pinch is great.
- Adding features and improvements with every point upgrade keeps their software relevant and the value up there.
- Training modules make training new hires feel more comfortable with our system, and keep existing users "brushed up" on their skills.
- All these features don't come cheap.
- When we merged (both companies on Eclipse) certain functionalities we had on one system were not carried over. When asked about it, they responded"That would require custom custom coding $$$". Wasn't the code was already written?
- Sometimes more involved service requests get thrown into "Product development" status never to be heard from again...
- Transaction - we are able to rebuild inventory and financial history step by step if there is ever an issue.
- The pricing engine is fairly robust, and allows us needed control over sells strategies.
- Parts of the system are editable, and we are able to quickly iterate new solutions for internal customers.
- Their support has gotten worse over the years. They fired a large portion of staff in favor of cheaper new hires. It is getting slowly better over time as their support people are gaining experience, but decades of institutional knowledge was lost. Response time can vary wildly depending, which is troubling when you have an immediate need. They have made a partial mea culpa, but the situation is not fully remedied.
- The user interface is clunky. The original interface, E-term, is a terminal based system (think DOS). A few years ago they rebuilt it using Java and called the new interface Solar, which is a more point and click, windows friendly version. Solar is slower, and so has been difficult for us to get the user adoption we've needed. In addition, any customization we do doesn't work in Solar. Now they have announced a new road-map to make it all web-based. Good luck to them, but it seems they spend all their time playing catch-up instead of making deep system improvements.
- There are significant gaps in what Eclipse is able to do. Sometimes there are third party products (Proof of Delivery, E-commerce, Tax, etc.), and sometimes Epicor offers in house solutions (Job Management, EDI, etc.). In either case, there are a string of products we have to integrate and maintain to make Eclipse functional. Most of them require support contracts, and have varying degrees of support.
- The ability to look back in history and delve into a customers particular order creates an atmosphere of support.
- Broad functionality that covers all sections of the wholesale model keeps all participating clients involved and engaged in the day to day operations of the company.
- Utilizing the ERP to support our clients and offering information based off of the data given to us.
- I have had limited experience with support but most of my experiences have left me with my questions and concerns not being fulfilled. I have two tickets in the pipeline now that I have had no follow up as to the status of the request. Makes me think that my concerns are not a priority.
- I would like to see a more updated e-term client as I feel that e-term at the counter level is a much more robust vehicle for a salesperson to work with. The point and click with a mouse at the counter slows things down with the Solar client.
- Having an improved cut and paste would also make my life easier.
- Links between different areas
- Journal entries
- Data extraction
- Financial reporting is fairly weak. No ability to run cash flow statement.
- Data manipulation
- Importing journal entries
- The order entry process is very smooth, allowing users to see availability and immediately source unavailable items from vendors or other branches with single keystrokes or clicks. You can choose what columns of information display in order entry to help order writers make decisions.
- A set of built-in and unlimited user-defined "queues" allow users to be pro-active - always knowing what needs to be taken care of in real time. A "Trouble" queue, for example, shows a user their orders where the available date is further out than the requested date so they can take action.
- The RF warehouse system directs one or more pickers through the entire process of picking a customer's order and eliminates mistakes through scanning barcodes for both the shelf location and the product. The Carton Packing add-on can be used to verify quantities and products during packing, and product labels that indicate the order shipping information along with the package contents and quantities.
- Eclipse does not do cross-docking well. If you have multiple branches and want to effectively move material for specific orders between a stocking branch and a delivering branch, you may want to work partially outside of Eclipse. The system will direct you to pick, pack, and transfer the product. You then have to receive and verify the quantities and material and put it away to make it available to pick, pack, and ship to the customer.
- Eclipse gives the ability to utilize real time on hand quantities instead of having to wait til it does a nightly update.
- I wish there was a better way to do returns for inspections. It is a lengthy process to keep the items tagged on the outgoing for inspection and the incoming once inspection complete.
We use another product for 'Labor and Materials' when costing our manufactured product.
- Sales Order tracking, even returns are strengths of Epicor Eclipse. It can be set up to match returns to previous orders so that the correct credits are applied. It is capable of setting up contract pricing as well as matrix level pricing according to sales velocity or individual customer buyer programs.
- Purchasing can be set up to work by full line buys or short buys while still maintaining a balanced inventory level of vendor line product.
- Vendor Invoices and purchase orders are easily matched up for payment and the diverse reporting features are able to provide multi-faceted views of Product Sales, Items with No Sales, or Sales or Purchasing trends, just to name a few.
- It is also tracking warehouse operation in both RF and non-RF environments, or a combination of the two.
- Epicor Eclipse announced sometime back about an Advanced Cycle Count (ACC) feature that our company has waited some time for. While it does work somewhat and the dashboard board is nice, the reporting feature, while on the drop down menus, is woefully inept. It also lacks the ability to separate trouble queues, such as back orders, wrong locations, and other inventory concerns, from the ACC functionality (which in our company is done by different people).
- Customer Support is now ported to another country. We don't care who does it but it adds another step in getting needed concerns addressed and, at times, the dialects can be very hard to understand, hence complicating communication of both problems and solutions involved.
- Time management system is very basic.
- Inventory - maintaining products on the shelf without having excess.
- Order Entry - fast, easy and efficient- allowing us to give great customer service.
- Accounting - receivables and payables - system gives you all the information to handle problems and give good customer service
- New Message system needs more work. Still not efficient. Ability to have messages and Job Queues automatically emailed to offsite employees can quickly handle problems.
- A/P Preview Queue - should be able to enter thru options without having to move my hand to the mouse to update the screen.
- Emailing options should be a global option -- not just Faxing and Printing -- this is the 21st Century. Email should not be an additional expense, should be just part of the package.
- Web Order should be enhanced - no improvements in a very long time.
- To expensive and long wait time to get anything custom done or just a standard project (like move to laser printing in the warehouse) -- everyone has to go to other companies.
- Very detailed and specific inventory control
- Enhanced order entry and sales functionality
- Strong control of purchasing attributes and managing the purchasing process
- Better and more detailed sales analysis would be a great improvement
- Reporting tools are very useful. Numerous system reports are available and are customized for any use.
- User-defined screens allow for faster and more efficient work.
- Product maintenance is streamlined and efficient.
- Help screens are available with a keystroke.
- Order maintenance and processing are quick and easy with the available widgets.
- Additional help topics and easier to locate in the index.
- More customizable work queues.
- Great for retail sales and it works well with ipads, scanners, credit card machines and was easy to implement.
- Initial support, setting up Eclipse and ensuring that everything works correctly was a huge benefit. We were off running from the start.
- Epicor has continuing education on its products and offers alternatives for things they cant do.
- Support website is very frustrating to use. If you don't know exactly what they call something when creating a ticket you have to draw from a drop down that usually doesn't have what i'm looking for, so I have to enter bogus info to get help, then I get passed around to someone who is usually too busy to take the time to really help.
- Support Communication, maybe remote in to resolve issues instead of telling us to fix an issue and get back to them.
- Email communication is usually better after I complain.
- Sales order entry is very easy.
- Solar is much better than e-term if you are going to spend the money to change systems you should go with Solar it more windows based and users are able to find things much easier.
- Eclipse reports are good, and the ability to create your own reports really helps as well.
- Eclipse needs to improve their upgrade process. They do a good job of telling us what they are improving but they always break something that was working just fine before and they don't always fix it.
- The accounting side seems to be after thought, there needs to be more thought put into how it functions as a whole.
- Epicore Eclipse manages the inventory including Serial numbers, and Ordering quantity, taking into consideration seasonality.
- Trackers are an efficient way to keep track of things that need to be taken care of in the future.
- Custom Queues allow for the customization of work flows to best suit your business needs
- The database is relatively easy to work with when employing 3rd parties to interact with your data.
- It is shocking that Epicore Eclipse does not have a bank reconciliation function.
- Epicore Eclipse has some serious deficiencies in security protocols.
- We have struggled with the drop in easy to access support that accompanied the purchase of Eclipse by Epicore.
- Ability to personalize screens and widgets.
- Links between related transactions
- Return goods queue has flaws and bad links
- Serial numbers hard to fix in Solar
- Authorization keys can be difficult to understand