MYOB Reviews

January 16, 2020

MYOB dropped Apple IOS software updates WITHOUT NOTICE

We have used MYOB for over 25 years on a Mac platform. It was used for service routes (reoccurring monthly billings), construction projects & job costing, A/P and A/R, payroll, inventory management and financials (balance sheet/P&L).
They decided to forego any future investment in keeping up to date with Apple's IOS platform, and they are NO LONGER COMPATIBLE with Apple's most recent operating system. They left users flapping in the wind. Now we have to convert all of our data, customer cards & data over to another accounting system - one that will continue to support Apple operating system for decades into the future - Quickbooks. MYOB officially SUCKS. The way that they left users is deplorable.
  • Their entire system functioned well with minimal to zero faults or hang-ups.
  • The inventory, payroll, A/P, A/R and sales tax features were easy to use and generated reports clear and concise.
  • Provide Apple iOS software update.
  • Communication with users.
It is NOT suitable for Apple iOS.
Stephen Lalla | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 02, 2016

MYOB was great initially but there are other more affordable options

We used it for our payables, receivables, payroll, general ledger and ran all of our proforma reports on it. I liked being able to easily email vendors and clients information as well as use it for contact management although it was a very simplified contact management system. For us, having a history to look back on over the years was especially helpful as it allowed our team to closely analyze trends and take appropriate corrective action if and where necessary.
  • Expense tracking
  • Payables Tracking
  • Receivables Tracking
  • Aging
  • At the time there wasn't a cloud based option and it had to be hosted locally.
  • Some of the templates were harder to alter than they should have been.
  • I found the updates to be rather expensive as at times there didn't seem to be much enhancements.
  • Support was tricky and not always as responsive as I would have preferred.
For a smaller business who isn't interested in having more than one user I think MYOB can serve them well. But if they want multiple users or are using virtual assistants there are better cloud based apps that are much more affordable and have far greater enhancements as well as integrations.
Read Stephen Lalla's full review
Kati Hesley | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 27, 2015

I didn't get to choose, MYOB was put in my lap.

I prepare monthly financial statements for a Client who uses MYOB. They bring me a backup and I prepare adjusting entries and reconciliations.
  • Its clean
  • allows you to undo a reconciliation
  • easy to use
  • Allows the client to manipulate dates when that can screw up their books
  • constantly freezes which causes the file to be corrupt
  • force balances the balance sheet
I'm told its good for MAC users
Yes - Yes
Read Kati Hesley's full review
March 16, 2016

MYOB is a terrible program, don't bother

MYOB is being used for accounts, invoices and the like. The program is very slow to load and has many design and implementation flaws. It is cumbersome and difficult to use.

Be very careful when choosing MYOB Account Right. When Microsoft updates Windows - MYOB's Account Right will no longer work - won't open. ALL the fixes provided by MYOB fail to work as well - I have tried everything they suggest - all I get is error messages.

As a result my business is shutdown because of MYOB being unable to process orders and produce invoices etc. I am now getting the run around with tech support transferring me and making me wait and wait for someone.

It is an appalling situation.

• Invoices
  • Purchase Orders
  • Is far too slow for business use, takes far too long to open and process inputs.
MYOB may be okay for a very small or hobby business, otherwise it is not at all professional.
August 29, 2014

MYOB Accounting System

MYOB was used by our company for purchases, invoices, sales, POs, etc., for all of our accounting needs.
  • MYOB is very easy to navigate and find the correct information.
  • The Help section was very straight forward and very easy to learn.
  • MYOB was a great accounting tool for our business as it provided the accountant, sales, etc all of the information they need all in one place.
  • The version of MYOB we used was off of a database. It was very hard for our company to make changes as only one person could be logged in at one time to do this.
  • It was not very interactive.
I would not recommend an accounting software that could only be used and edited by one person at a time.

Pay calculation (1)
Benefit plan administration (1)
Direct deposit files (1)
Salary revision and increment management (1)
Reimbursement management (1)
API for custom integration (1)
Plug-ins (1)
Single sign-on capability (2)
6.4
Role-based user permissions (2)
5.8
5.4
Bank reconciliation (3)
Expense management (2)
Time tracking (1)
Fixed asset management (2)
5.5
Multi-currency support (1)
Multi-division support (1)
Regulations compliance (1)
Electronic tax filing (1)
Self-service portal (1)
Pricing (2)
6.1
Order entry (2)
6.5
Credit card processing (1)
Cost of goods sold (2)
6.0

About MYOB

MYOB now has a suite of subscription-based products and a browser-based accounting product that was released in August 2010. On 24 October 2012, MYOB released AccountRight Live - the cloud-enabled version of its flagship product. MYOB competes with Xero and QuickBooks.

AccountRight Live is offered on three pricing tiers. The lowest tiered Standard package, available at $43 per month, calculates GST, automates bills, quotes, invoices, and expenses, creates purchases and manages suppliers, tracks jobs, and also manages inventory. The Plus plan manages payroll for $70 per month. And the Premier package manages multiple company accounts for $99 per month.