Reviews (1-7 of 7)
January 15, 2020
Score 8 out of 10
We manage multiple online stores, allow customers to place orders over the phone, and sell both physical goods and information products in person at conferences and other events. We also manage a nonprofit organization that accepts charitable contributions online or in person. The PayPal Here app and card reader facilitate manual entry of orders or donations and credit card processing in person.
Read Jim Nelson's full review
PayPal Here makes it simple for any small business owner to process credit card transactions in person or manually enter credit card information when accepting orders over the phone or by email. Authors, or anyone selling at craft fairs, should consider using PayPal Here for instant credit card transaction processing in person or when taking orders by phone.
October 24, 2019
Paypal Here is used as part of our fundraising operations at events and meet and greets. It allows us to seamlessly take donations from individuals that would like to contribute to our campaign. It is used at nearly every event where there is a potential for people to make donations.
- It is incredibly easy to accept donations via card for our organization. It usually takes 3 minutes or less.
- It allows for easy collection of information we must report for campaign finance reporting and compliance.
- It is exceptionally easy if the donor already has a PayPal account. Donations are collected in record time without the need to collect any additional information except the donor's employer and occupation. The other information needed is already stored in their account.
- Usually, if there is any delay in donation processing it has to do with the speed at which a credit transaction is processed, but I know part of that is the strength of the internet connection.
- While it is user-friendly, it does require some training for people that have never used it before to ensure donations are processed correctly. It usually takes a few uses before newer employees feel comfortable using it with confidence.
Read Fredrick Doss, M.A.'s full review
Paypal Here is perfect for when you're constantly on the go. Our campaign sometimes does 3-5 events per day and we always need the ability to take donations, especially when we've run out of donation envelopes. As long as you have an internet connection and a smartphone, Paypal Here makes it easy. Collect payments on the road, and all of the information for compliance is waiting for you when you log in on your desktop or laptop.
Score 5 out of 10
We use PayPal Here in order to take customer credit card payments on site for our service business. PayPal Here is used across our whole organization. Since our business is not one that takes place in in office, we need to be able to take credit card payments wherever we are. This is where PayPal Here comes in handy.
- The user interface is very easy to use and intuitive.
- The free card reader is invaluable to businesses that choose not to invest in more expensive options. The cost for entry is not a roadblock to accepting payments.
- The PayPal here app is compatible with different operating systems, so it doesn't matter if you have an iPhone or an Android.
- While swiped payments are easy, manual entry of payment information often fails. This is a major roadblock when you are in the service industry because not everyone who is making payment is on site.
- In almost every instance of accepting a payment, we have to call in and reverify every piece of information about our business before we are successful.
- Whatever system they use to determine how high risk your business is can limit your usage if they get it wrong.
- Customer service is inconsistent at best. Sometimes issues are handled quickly and easily, other time you have to jump through hoops.
Read this authenticated review
PayPal Here seems to be well suited for low volume merchants with a low average sale. We seem to struggle to have any kind of stability or success in taking payments with an average single sale amount of $300 and have to call in for help every time. They also don't always follow their own rules regarding when they will hold funds and when they won't.
December 04, 2018
Our company specifically uses Paypal Here when we have offsite events where we also want to set up a quick retail experience. Previously we had a very messy system of trying to accept payment while at these events, but Paypal Here has solved exactly the problem we were facing. We are able to provide a great retail experience for our customers no matter where we are.
- Our customers can check out no matter where we are.
- It is incredibly easy to use. Training new retail employees and volunteers takes almost no time.
- When we were shopping around for solutions, Paypal Here was very cost effective.
- Implementation with our current systems went very smoothly. The Paypal support team was great.
- There are times where we have connectivity issues. I am not sure this falls directly on Paypal, but some sort of solution for times when there is poor cellular or internet coverage would be nice.
- We really haven't had too many issues with the actual product. It does exactly what we were looking for.
Read this authenticated review
If you have a retail experience for your customers that you would like to take off site, this is the perfect solution. I can also imagine that companies would use PayPal Here in their onsite retail shops as well. PayPal Here makes it very easy for someone to walk around and check people out without waiting in lines (similar to an Apple store).
Score 10 out of 10
I use PayPal Here for our merchant services. We use it for several things. We use it to request money from clients. We use it to send money to Virtual Assistants overseas. We use it to pay for monthly tools and subscriptions. We use it to set up recurring billing with clients as well. We have also used it on occasion to take a credit card on the spot at an event.
- Taking credit card payments in person. Very handy for live events.
- No set up fees or monthly fees for the paypal here app
- Low transaction fees.
- I don't believe you can set up monthly billing from the paypal here app.
- I use the Paypal from a web browser more than I use the app
- Sometimes the finger print scanner doesn't come up and I have to type in my password. No big deal.
Read Andy Ryan's full review
Paypal here is perfect for events. You can show up and just pull out your phone and take payments. I wouldn't recommend it for a point of sale system. There are much better alternatives to that if you have a retail location and are doing hundreds of transactions a day.
July 23, 2018
Our organization is using PayPal Here almost everywhere. Our stores can carry these around connected with their iPhones and check people out anywhere. Corporate offices can use it also for when they have people come in to view our retail items that we have on showcase. One problem it addresses is long lines. Lines at the front of the store are shorter now and everyone loves that. Customers can checkout anywhere in the store.
- On the go - can bring anywhere and still swipe peoples card.
- Easy to use - plug it in the phone and swipe away.
- Fees are cheap. You won't lose out on money by using PayPal here.
- No offline mode. You have to have service to swipe someone's card.
- Customer support could be better at times.
- And then there are fees if they are not using US cards. Which is not that big of a deal because it only happens every once in a while.
Read this authenticated review
Using it at retail stores is the best spot for it. Having the ability to checkout customers all over the store instead of standing in long lines at the front is very helpful. Can keep customers instead of them shopping somewhere else. I think one place where it would not work so great is at groceries store. It would be hard to check people out in the middle of the store with a lot of items.
Paypal Here was used for the first time by the nonprofit I volunteered for taking in registration and membership in an art show. This was the first time we had opted to take credit cards for the organisation.
- Easy to use and understand interface
- Versatility across devices and through the dashboard
- Easy to understand terms
- This is a service best for small non-profits and self-employed artists.
- Reliant on wifi or mobile access
Read AK Cyrway's full review
This is a great tool for artists, crafters, and non-profits to take credit card payments or paypal transfers on the go, to pay for goods, services, and memberships.
PayPal Here Scorecard Summary
About PayPal Here
The pricing structure for payment processing is:
2.7% per US card swipe.
3.5% + $0.15 to key in cards.
2.9% + $0.30 to invoice.
1% for cross-border transfers.
Categories: Point of Sale
PayPal Here Technical Details