Podium Reviews

Lauren Morgan | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 07, 2020

Podium stands at the top of the review platform podium!

Podium is used by our entire company. As a residential home services provider, we initially signed on with Podium for the reputation management tool. We quickly discovered that the text messaging function is also highly useful and have since condensed our reputation management, communication platforms, and automated services down from three service providers to Podium alone.

Podium more than doubled the reviews that we get monthly, added a competition element to review tracking, which incentivized our field staff to solicit reviews more regularly, and provides a platform that allows us to easily identify reviews by the team member that received them, which we now use in coaching and feedback during performance reviews. Podium also allows us to communicate with our customers via text, which we have found to be highly successful. We now schedule about 15% of our appointments through text messaging using Podium. We then are able to transfer our back end follow up to a different department within the company who uses the text platform of Podium to solicit appointment feedback and try to capture unsold estimates from the appointment.
  • Text messaging: Without the customer having any knowledge, Podium allows the organization to transfer text conversations from one team to the next seamlessly and without interruption to the conversation on the customer's side.
  • Reputation management: There are plenty of review platforms out there, but we love the ability within Podium to respond to reviews from one easy to navigate location.
  • Internal reviews and feedback: Because Podium ties the review to the technician that worked with that customer, we are able to easily pull a report by team member for reviews and use that feedback when we are giving our internal annual performance reviews.
  • Account manager communications: I had been asking my Podium account manager for integration with our CRM tool for over 8 months before my account manager fell silent. After another 6 months, I proactively reached out only to find out that the integration had been in Beta for months and 8 other companies had already integrated. It was frustrating that my account manager did not remember a key request and make the Beta available to me the minute that it was open.
Honestly, I recommend Podium to everyone that I can. I suppose that if you had a smaller team and a tight budget, there are more economical options out there.
Previous account managers have been terrible. It took over a year for me to get an answer to one question I had been asking and by the time I got the answer they had already implemented with 8 other companies. The team that I am working with now is excellent. Often prompting me for a response and always responding to me within a half business day.
Read Lauren Morgan's full review
Rick Overholt | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 30, 2020

Before buying, look at the negative reviews!

We needed two features that Podium offered: 1) To have a live chat on our website to engage with clients, and 2) to assist our employees in requesting and securing reviews from actual customers and users of our products. It was being used by the Service and Sales department, which encompasses more than half of our employees.
If you want to work with a company that provides support, and communicates with you, this is not the product to use. It has been a true nightmare. The Customer Success Managers are experts at NOT returning phone calls and NOT answering emails. They do not understand their own simple terms of cancellation, which in our case was very straightforward.
I only give them a one because there isn't a lower rating. Support was never able to make the online chat window work properly on our website, even after following all of their instructions. We needed it to "pop up" on our desktops when a chat request was made, they were never able to deliver, even though the sales reps boasted about their ability to do this.
Read Rick Overholt's full review
Jessica Smith | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 07, 2020

Great reputation managment

We use Podium for reputation management online. We send out review invitations through our POS at the time of sale. Customers leave reviews on Google, Facebook, or other sites that they choose. This app has helped us advertise that we are the highest rated furniture store in our area. We also use them to communicate with our customers in a live chat via our website.
  • Reviews
  • Customer communication
  • Reputation management
  • Goggle visibility
  • Price
It is very good if you have the app on your cell phone so that you can respond to the customer quickly. It is not as good if you do not have someone dedicated to watching these messages come in. Also, customers can text all hours of the day so you need to address that with your staff and decide if you want to have them available 24/7.
The team is there to answer questions when we call. Great customer support and online support when we have issues.
Read Jessica Smith's full review
Jordan Barrick | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 23, 2020

Podium is our competitive advantage and makes us look like rockstars!

We utilize Podium across multiple channels of our organization. They fall under the following categories:
  • Billing and Payments
  • Sales Development and previous client acquisition
  • Customer Service
We are a first-party lender and therefore requesting and collecting payments is a primary function of our organization. We've found that clients are much more apt to communicate via text than other mediums, i.e. in person or over the phone, as it reduces the embarrassment factor of delinquency.
  • Forward thinking
  • Rapidly responsive
  • Integration with POS
  • Very expensive
  • Becoming more geared to enterprise-level clients
If you are a first-party lender and have consent to contact your clients in this manner, Podium is incredibly valuable. Text-based payment requests and solicitations--again, if you have consent--are wildly more successful than traditional contact methods. The API connection between our POS software is a lifesaver for collecting reviews and increasing our reputation online.
When you use the service you get so used to conversing via text in their platform that even the helpdesk questions are very easy to ask in text. We had an automation we were setting up yesterday that ran into a snag and the chat platform said it would usually get a response in a day. I was knee-deep in this project and built marketing around it so I definitely couldn't wait that long. Fortunately, I had a response within 10 minutes and we were back in action.

They are extremely good at the support side--just keep in mind the team behaves professionally but still with energy and enthusiasm.
Read Jordan Barrick's full review
Matthew Comer | TrustRadius Reviewer

My Podium Review

We use Podium for text-based interactions with clients from both our sales and service side of our business. It addresses two problems: 1.) We are able to have customers directly text us from our website when browsing our inventory and 2.) We can interact with customers using text without having to use our personal cell phones.
  • The UI is easy to use and simple to learn. Anyone can grasp the software quickly and get up and running fast.
  • Easy to maintain multiple conversations at once in an organized manner.
  • Ability to send attachments via text is A+.
  • The notification system is clunky.
  • Conversations seem to have to be manually refreshed once new messages come in.
We use Podium for client interaction and conversation management and it works incredibly well. I have used a few different text management software systems and Podium is by the far the best and easiest to use.
I don't have direct experience working with Podium support but anytime we have had issues they have been resolved incredibly fast.
Read Matthew Comer's full review
July 27, 2020

Podium has increased our business dramatically!

Podium is used at my company to get reviews from our customers. It is so easy to use and has made a huge difference in our online presence.
  • Easy to use.
  • Helps with SEO.
  • Customers like it.
  • Staff members like it.
  • The cost is a bit high.
  • No direct phone number for support.
  • Does not work with Yelp.
It works great with happy customers. They are usually happy to leave you a great review if prompted. I would not use it if a customer had an issue or problem because we do not want to suggest they leave an unfavorable review. It is easy to send them to Google to leave a review.
I have to send an email to get information. They have a chat system but I end up having to go through my rep for account questions. It was a little frustrating to not have a direct phone number to call with questions. I would like to see a helpline added.
July 23, 2020

Podium is helpful when you use it correctly

We use Podium to communicate with our customers and to manage our online reviews.
  • Kept us informed
  • Easy to use tool
  • Excellent support team
  • More one-on-one training from a rep
  • All tools on one back end function
  • More ways to filter reviews
Podium has been helpful in connecting us to our customers. It also keeps us up to date on how we are doing keeping them happy. We receive alerts in a timely manner and are able to easily respond to reviews. They can also help with contactless payments in your sales and service departments
Easy to reach via chat. They have had people available at all times when we have needed them.
Joshua Christopherson | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 26, 2020

Podium is an important tool for every business

At Achieve Today, we use Podium as a tool to help our customers write a review of their experience with their education easily. Our students love our solution and education, but sometimes sharing that experience with others can be daunting. Podium makes it easy.
  • Makes reviews easy
  • Manage reviews and respond
  • Track reviews across multiple sources easily
  • I really would love the ability to show all review sites for the customer to choose from as the first option, rather than taking them through the flow. Podium allows you to push customers to specific sites, which is valuable. But I would also like the option to switch to display all sites so the customer can choose.
I think every business needs to spend time managing their online presence in regards to customer reviews. No matter how great of a business you are, every once in a while, some customers will come along and try to damage your brand. Podium is the best resource to help the overwhelming majority of good customers voice their approval for what you do.
I've only needed to contact support a couple of times over the years. They have always been very responsive and helpful. Generally speaking, the product is very user-friendly and easy to use, so it doesn't require a lot of support.
Read Joshua Christopherson's full review
Blake Powell | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 14, 2020

Podium Brand Loyalists: Why You Need It Too!

We basically use every feature available by Podium:
  1. Reviews: We started using them simply for the ability to get our reviews up. Their interface is great and i was very impressed by how easy it was to combine most of our review sites so they could all be viewed within the dashboard.
  2. Webchat: We started using the webchat feature and it has been a great way to capture leads and see why people our on our website and what they are looking for / what questions they have. We also use this feature to communicate with current clients on their project.
  3. Payments: We are just about to start using this feature and it should be a great way to collect payment upon job completion.
  4. Feedback: This has been a nice way just to see how we are doing, it is all internal and no scores get posted but it was awesome to see that most of our customers are very pleased with our products and services.
  5. Team: It is a great way to also see how our sales people are doing in terms of their communication with potential
  • Great customer support.
  • Listens to feedback and takes it into consideration.
  • Honestly, there really isn't anything I can think of. The one issue I had, they solved. This was about having the ability to adding internal notes to conversations, which we can now do.
Podium is well suited for any company that is in customer service or wants a great way to track how their sales reps are handling conversations with prospects.

It can also be used as a great tool for communicating project updates to clients. This could include service, delivery, estimation or installation scheduled and arrival times.

It is an investment from a monetary and time standpoint so you need to make sure you have someone that is going to make it their baby or get buy in from all employees to make sure they are going to utilize the features and follow protocol.
Support is great. We have always had the best customer support reps and they go above and beyond to make sure that we are happy and any issues (which are rare) are getting resolved asap.

They listen to feedback and take it heart. They are continually finding ways to make their product better. We are definitely brand loyalists to Podium.
Read Blake Powell's full review
Jorel Cook | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 19, 2018

Best Review Software

We use Podium to request reviews from our clients to rate our company and gauge sentiment. It works better and has so many useful features that would be hard to live without. For example, after texting someone a review, we had no idea that people were trying to text back. It only makes sense that the customer should be able to text back to a review invite text that you just sent them.
  • Messaging with clients.
  • Review tracking is almost instantaneous.
  • Comparing your company to your competitors.
  • More research on why links may not work after sending to clients.
  • This feature is in the works for the app. Messaging through the app to clients, allowing us to respond quicker.
  • Maybe add reporting for the managers in the app.
I believe that it is the best review platform available, because of how simple it is to use.
Never had any hang ups, issues are resolved fast and best of all, the product works, so not many support requests.
Read Jorel Cook's full review
January 14, 2019

Podium Will Get You Results!

We have Podium being used at all dealerships, collision centers, and car washes within our auto group. Podium is used by sales and service departments to help generate online reviews.

We know the car buying experience is a lot different than it was even a few years ago. Customers are doing their research online before picking and coming to a dealerships- you need to stand out online before a customer chooses a competing dealership.
  • Easy for customers to leave online reviews.
  • Easy for employees to send review invites.
  • The text message software is what gets results. Everyone is opening and reading their texts. Other email based review generation products do not get anywhere near the results you will see from Podium.
  • I have no cons for Podium
Podium is great for review generation and that is the only way it is used within our group. We have not explored their texting/chat services; however, I'm sure it would only help the problem of contacting customers.
Emily Gatlin | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 29, 2018

Podium, a 5-Star Review Generator

We use Podium as a way to increase our reviews (hopefully our 5 star reviews) online. I work in the automotive industry and we use Podium to send a review invite to customers who have purchased a vehicle, within one week after the vehicle is delivered. Podium addresses a couple problems that we had at our dealership. First, it was a way that we could easily send customers a text to invite them to review us, which would, in turn, easily increase our amount of online reviews. Second, we are alerted of a bad review via email and the Podium app; therefore, we never miss a poor online review. These are both great solutions to online reputation management issues that companies may face.
  • Podium can send review invites automatically, if you choose to do so.
  • Podium allows you to decide which order each platform appears to the customer upon clicking your link. I was interested in increasing Google reviews, so I placed that first.
  • Podium has support available via chat, which is extremely convenient for me.
  • Podium allows you to customize the message that users receive, whether you want to send a mass text or you want to send out each text individually.
  • I had a few issues navigating the backend. For example, changing the link that is included. I tried on my own for a while, but had to contact support and they were able to help via chat.
  • When changes are made to the platform, Podium should offer a click-path walk through. I often find myself searching and clicking to find where something has been moved to. I end up having to contact support.
  • Podium could improve by offering a newsletter or a popup on the website with tips for how to use Podium better.
Podium is well suited for several types of businesses. If you are an entrepreneur or small business owner, Podium would be a great way for you to ask that customers leave you a review online sharing their awesome experience. For medium to large businesses, Podium review invites can be automated through the company's customer management system, allowing the use of Podium to be simple and not timely, even with a large customer base. It may not be appropriate for a large company to manually send out individual review invites.
Read Emily Gatlin's full review
Karly Weinberger | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 11, 2018

Podium = more reviews for your business!

We are using Podium across our retail organization that sells furniture to consumers. We send a link to every customer who purchases from us. The link asks the customer to rate us on either Google or Facebook. We are getting about a 10% return on this which is getting us the important reviews we need online so when potential customers look at us they see our great rating!
  • Podium sends a link directly to our customer's cell phone or email and with one click the customer can leave us a review.
  • Every time there is a review made I get an email alert so I can answer it.
  • There is a good backend website that shows all of our requests, reviews, ratings, etc.
  • It would be nice if after a certain amount of time that you designate, a reminder text or email could go to the customers that did not do the review the first time.
It is great for any restaurant or retail store that consumers search online before shopping.

Now, so many people search local businesses before shopping and they want to see what other customers are saying about the particular business so it is important to have a sufficient number of reviews and sometimes it's hard to get people to give reviews but if you send an easy link to everyone that is a customer you will get a return.
Read Karly Weinberger's full review
Brock Bruce | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 22, 2018

Try Podium if you want to get 5 star Google reviews!

We currently use Podium for review aggregation and after service follow up. It is the only platform we have used that successfully obtains Google reviews and is extremely easy to use. We have tried several platforms, but Podium beats them hands down! Also, the customer service from Podium is second to none. I highly recommend Podium, if you are looking to drive your online reputation and SEO through obtaining online reviews.
  • Obtains 5 star reviews
  • Make obtaining review extremely easy at the point of service.
  • Customer service is top notch!
  • We have been very happy with Podium. I cannot think of any improvements it really needs. Works great for what we use it for.
Podium is by far the best review aggregator we have been able to find. We have used a few and Podium beats them hands down. From the ease of use to ROI, I would recommend highly.
Read Brock Bruce's full review
Scott Keeler | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 14, 2017

Podium gets results and boosts our online reputation

Podium is used by the sales departments of all six dealership locations within our auto group. In the automotive retail business dealerships which choose not to ask all of their customers to review them online end up misrepresented with a larger share of their upset customers using review sites as a forum to vent or leverage the dealership's reputation against them to get something they want; while a relatively small percent of happy customers don't think to write a review. Podium gives our salespeople an easy and effective tool to ask every customer to write a review so that car shoppers who read reviews as part of their online research will get a more balanced and accurate feel for the experience they can expect to have when they come in.
  • Podium is intuitive and easy to use. All the dealership employee has to do is open an app, enter in the customer's name and cell phone number, and hit 'send'. Simplicity and ease of use translate into greater buy-in and utilization.
  • From a consumer's perspective Podium makes it really easy to write a review. It gives the customer the option to write a review on any number of review sites determined/provided by the dealership. When they select the review site they wish to post on, the customer is taken directly to the page where they can give a star rating and write about their experience.
  • From an administrative perspective, it is very easy to set up and manager new users, manage which review sites are listed, and view helpful reports.
  • If Podium could find a way to report back from Google and other review sites when a user referred to that review site by Podium actually posted a review and tie those reviews to the person who sent the invite to the customer, that would help to add another layer of accountability and recognition to salespeople who are following the process.
  • I'd like to see Podium add a service where they respond to positive reviews on behalf of the dealership and provide suggested responses to bad reviews which the dealer could accept, reject, or edit and post.
  • Another functionality that could improve the Podium product would be a tie-in to social media. A way to share reviews on Facebook, invite the customer to follow up on social media, and perhaps even a way to take a picture of the customer with their new car and post it to our page.
The way we use Podium is that when the customer agrees to purchase a vehicle and is waiting to go into the finance office for paperwork (which can be anywhere from a 10-60 minute wait), the salesperson sends the review invite while sitting with them. The customer is more likely to write a review during some downtime, while they are excited about their new purchase, and happy with the salesperson who has been serving them.
Read Scott Keeler's full review
Erica Birkhold | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 29, 2018

I <3 Podium!

We currently use Podium to send review invites via text to customers who have purchased vehicles from us. We are currently considering using it for our service customers as well. We like that there is a text option, as our customers get several emails from us with surveys and asking for feedback. Texting gives us better results.
  • Texting. Texting is huge and a great way to reach customers in a different way.
  • It is very easy to use. The back end is extremely user friendly.
  • They are always changing and evolving. They really take feedback to heart and make necessary changes.
  • We had asked in the past if there is a automated version where they could integrate with our CRM and auto send review invites. I think they are still working on this functionality.
Any business that has a customer base and that is looking to improve their online reputation would benefit from using Podium. We are a car dealership, and good reviews are a must for our online reputation. Reviews heavily impact customer consideration, and Podium allows us to see all our reviews in one place, and actively ask for good reviews.
Read Erica Birkhold's full review
Max Pourlak | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 08, 2017

Podium is effective to

We use Podium to ask for a review from current and new customers in both sales an customer service. Podium solves the ability to solicit a review, provide the platform for a customer to submit the review and the immediacy of a review on social media.
  • Creating an admin user [to be] able to create reports based on locations, users, etc
  • Multiple locations are separate but [with] limited ability to combine them under one user
  • Master user with ability to combine all locations
  • Combined reporting for multiple locations
  • Ability to add reviews to multiple social media platform
Great to generate a lot of reviews. May not be the best option if your processes are not in place or your product is not ready. You would want mostly positive reviews but there will be negative reviews in the mix (90% positive or more). If you get 30% or more bad reviews, Podium will negatively impact your business. The negative side of reviews allows you truthfully get feedback on what you need to improve.
Read Max Pourlak's full review
Kim Kimbrough | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 08, 2017

Stand at your mic and build your business with Podium

We use Podium to connect with patients after visits. The entire medical staff uses it and we have found that not only is it easy and convenient for us, it is quick and simple for patients to do reviews. We selected Podium when we were not getting results in asking patients to go to social media sites on their own and do reviews. Now, it is a text message to the patient; one click for the patient and the review can be do in 60 seconds.
  • The strength of Podium is in ease of use for the reviewer.
  • For the manager charged with customer service delivery at the highest level, Podium makes it easy for me to see the review first, respond accordingly and to quickly identify areas in which the staff needs help.
  • It is quite a sufficient tool as it is.
Every business from small to large and including non-profits can benefit from using Podium. If you are in a business in any way that provides a product or service to the public, you should be using Podium to get social media reviews. It's a business-builder; but it also is an identifier of the weak link in the chain, helping you to correct and improve customer service almost instantly.
Read Kim Kimbrough's full review
Ross Lugasi | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 14, 2017

Podium: The review platform to stand on

We use Podium every day. Every sales associate is trained to send out review requests and our management staff has been trained to monitor the staff and respond to negative reviews. In addition, I review and put together analytics reports to measure the success and growth of various aspects of generating reviews. The biggest problem Podium address is the fleeting nature of "word of mouth". Word of mouth only last for a few months, reviews are forever. It's a tangible way for our customers to see the service they will receive when visiting any of our stores.
  • Ease-of-use and low impact. For both the staff sending reviews and the individuals leaving reviews.
  • Responding to reviews and texts directly from their dashboard. It allows us to actively monitor and quickly respond to any issue(s) our customers might be experiencing.
  • In-depth reporting. This allows you to see the success or failure of any campaign you are using to drive reviews. In addition to that, you can monitor your competitors and compare their reviews to yours. Although thanks to Podium, our closest competitor only has 1/5 of a number of reviews we have.
  • The only critique I have is the pricing. Compared to other systems like Reputation.com, their pricing is considerably steeper. Other than that, they have always worked with us for any problem we have and even come up with customer solutions catered specifically to us.
Podium would be suitable for any business that has enough to pay the expenses. Because online reviews have effectively replaced word of mouth, it is invaluable to have a service help build your online reputation.

Podium would not be suitable for a business that is just starting or doesn't have the overhead to pay for it. Especially considering it takes a couple months for the service to begin paying off.
Read Ross Lugasi's full review

About Podium

Podium (formerly Repdrive) aims to help businesses make interaction with consumers simple and convenient by focusing on familiar communication channels they already use. According to the vendor, increased interaction with customers makes businesses more visible, improves business operations, and drives purchase decisions. Podium serves 130,000+ users across nearly 25,000 businesses.

Podium Competitors