July 08, 2015
Score 10 out of 10
We use Privia as a collaboration tool for approximately 500 users in developing responses to Request for Proposals for Federal, State, and Local Government systems. It allows us to provide centralized access to documents for users working throughout the world. It allows our version control, specific security as needed, and collaborative input and commenting on the documents.
- The commenting feature in Privia is a unique feature that allows us to do frequent reviews with extended project teams to do reviews concurrently and quite successfully. It allowed us to be much more efficient and have more users to more fully participate in the review process.
- The version control feature works quite well for us, allowing us to completely avoid the common issues of over writing documents and loss of content.
- The delegate feature allows us to provide multiple users with control over the workspace. This allows us to be much more efficient with scheduling and control.
- There can be occasional lag time when working on the Web Client.
- If you are copying workspaces off line for archival purposes, Privia will allow non-standard Windows file names. These files will then have to be renamed to copy them off the system.
- If you copy a folder off line, if you do not have at least view access to the file, it will simply not download without any error indicated.
It is VERY important to make sure you think through the map for how your system should be configured. Time spent carefully determining exactly how you want it laid out and how you will use the system will make your implementation and roll out much more successful. You should understand how your process currently works and determine any preferred process changes before your implementation.
Read Rae McFarron's full review
The support team for Privia is extremely responsive. They take the time to understand how you are using the system so that they can help you to resolve your issues quickly. Working in a deadline driven industry, support availability and knowledge is critical. I have always been able to reach the support team directly and quickly.