https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/2c/MQ/OF0UF2F4191X.JPEGBy using XaitPorter your working hours will be shorterWe use XaitPorter to write proposals/tenders. Some of us are also using it when writing [about] technical equipment information and procedures.,This tool gives us the opportunity to work together. We always work in the last revision. We can write comments as we go along and all involved will see it straight away. We can structure it the way we want/our the way customer wants it and print the whole book in one go. We are sure that pictures/text/tables are where they are supposed to be (they have not moved around the document as it does when using Microsoft Word).,The new version, XaitPorter5 has issues with tables. We cannot have less than 10% column width if the table has several columns. I would like XaitPorter to accept my choice of columns width. We did not have this issue in XaitPorter4. I would also like to use the arrows going up and down when clicking on the table of content to the left. Now I have to use the mouse to move from one section to the next. When using spellcheck I have to go back to another section and in again to see that the yellow highlights have disappeared. I cannot click on the spellcheck icon again to have the yellow highlights disappear. I would like to have two different subtitles styles (ie Heading 1 and Heading 2) :-) Replace function could improve. I would like to find words and replace 1 at the time since sometimes I don't want to change but keep as is. If I click on find and no more then it replaces the word with nothing.,10,Has improved me from spending hours in the office (less overtime). More constructive work. Writers now focus on the write-up and we [focus] on the look and how it reads. We have received positive feedback from customers that our submissions look professional and easy to navigate through.,,,4,Tender writing Procedures PSL Specifications,Procedures,Contracts End of Well Reports,10,Yes,Product Features Product Usability Product Reputation Analyst Reports Third-party Reviews,Start using it sooner,Vendor implemented,Yes,Change management was a major issue with the implementation,Getting people to change their way of working from Word XaitPorter Getting the system up and running (slow network connection),10,Online training In-person training,10,10,10,No not really.,Some - we have done small customizations to the interface,Some - we have added small pieces of custom code,Table Colours, different styles we wanted in our response (ie. key text, "extracts" ),Yes,10,Yes,Yes, we had an issue with a person I gave access to. He was new so I had to create an account. After I had done and given the user all information needed he couldn't log on. He got either wrong password or username. I tried several times but without success. I had to call for help from Xait Support and what he discovered was that despite me giving him access he couldn't find him. Support had to create a new user profile for him to try again. We still had problems. Support had to go back and check, well he solved the problem and the User is now happy.it was really strange since I could see his profile but Support couldn't. I am not sure why but since the problem was solved I was happy and so was the User. :-),you are always working in the last revision All involved in the project, are seeing the last revision Adding pictures, tables and attachments. The whole process of using XaitPorter in a tender process gives us the possibility to deliver a well done and professional document,The only issue I have is the FIND/REPLACE function.,Yes, but I don't use it,10,10,10,10,No other systems,SAP,File import/export,10,If any systems can be used, please use it since it makes your work / day a lot easier :-),10,10,Price of Licenses,no other than be yourself and treat them as you want them to treat you, meaning trust.,Yes,Faster and better new upgrade of Tables, writing in columns, attachments. Less clicks,More feasibilities.XaitPorter - the perfect co-writing toolXaitPorter is being used by a couple of departments in our Danish, Norwegian and UK offices. It's mainly used for license reports, e.g. license relinquishment reports and license applications. In particular when writing license applications it's really helpful that we can grant access to our partners, so they can see and contribute to the documents. After we began to use XaitPorter we spent less overtime to get the applications finished, because we finish the figures as we go along instead of at the end of the process.,Enables several writers to write in the same document at the same time, which means that it is always possible to get the latest version printed and see the current state. Because we are limited in the template to a few styles we don't use a lot of time after completion checking up on which style the writers has been using. This saves us a lot of editing. Before we got XaitPorter the drawing team didn't get the figures to quality control until the final stages of the process, but now the figures are received as soon as the writer uploads them. This also saves a lot of overtime, because the drawing team is involved earlier on.,When creating a new user I find the country list very long to scroll through, it would be nice if it was possible to just key in the first couple of letters and then the system would automatically jump down in the list. In the job description text field in the figure workflow tab, it would be nice if it was possible to set line breaks, then it will be easier to get an overview as to what is new comments and what is old comments. Rights now, all text floats into one. In the previous version it was possible to set the "AutoShrink Picture" to off in the template, so it was common for the whole document, now we have to do it for each figure, we would like the option to do it overall as before.,10,It has reduced our overtime a lot. The final product looks much better and more professional than it did before. It's gotten easier to give access to people outside the organization, and also limit what they have access to.,Writing text and adding figures Printing the document. Setting up new documents and adding writersPunchy proposals prepared painlessly with XaitPorter 5We utilise XaitPorter to create professional tender responses and sales proposals. It allows us easy access to a library of information which has been approved and to tailor our responses to suit client requirements. This is done without having to worry about formatting and once complete we have a searchable PDF which reflects our brand and is ready to print or email to our client.,Quickly create impressive looking proposals. Allows the user to focus on content, rather than format of documents. Makes it easy to collaborate with colleagues and get approvals.,Would like the option for different levels of table of contents on the final PDF print (as per XaitPorter v.4) Would also be good to have access to company templates rather than having to rely on XaitPorter team for changes.,10,Significantly less late nights in the office completing tenders - we can turn around responses much faster and with much less man-hours. Our proposals are standardised in format, style and content - assisting to build our brand.,10,Yes,Auto save is very useful - but it's great to have access to previous saved versions if you change your mind. It's great to be able to open multiple sections on different pages.,Importing from Word and the alterations you need to make are a bit of a pain - however it's still a great way to create new content quickly.,9Schedule AnalystThe application was used to gather and summarize information from all stakeholders of a project to present to management. This summarized report was performed once a month. I would complete a report of the project schedule in the XaitPorter and submit the report before the deadline (provided by the XaitPorter controllers, Project Coordinators) to the Project Manager for review. Once my information has been approved, it is submitted to the Project Coordinators to compile with the other team member's reports (from document control, procurement, quality assurance, etc.). Upper management would then meet and review the reports with the Project Managers. I believe these reports helped in two ways; the first, for how managers presented the information, and two, for how upper management received the information. The XaitPorter application made it easy for the Project Managers to gather and present information about his project. He did not have to chase after the information from each team member every month. The report was a set format and that provided a great outline for his presentation. The layout of the reports were consistent for all the projects. This consistency helped upper management better understand the information presented.,Easy to use. The application can compile several reports into one. Keeps track of historical reports.,Better graphics or layout options. It was easy to use but the tools were very basic. More options to customize would have been a nice feature.,7,Better organized reports.,,6Solid product that could use some tuneupsXaitPorter is currently used primarily for proposal development, but expanding into documentation development.,PDF output is clean and good. Workflow is good. Dashboard is good.,It would be helpful to improve functions used to organize and reorganize sections. They work fine, but could be retooled for ease of use. Simple drag-drop over the tree-view from the primary navigator (not only in the dedicated dialog for reordering sections) would be very good. It would be good to support simple flagging or tagging of sections to indicate whatever is meaningful to the user (e.g., to flag a section as imported text that needs formatting, or a section that is high priority for review). The icons do change to indicate predefined workflow states (e.g. approved), but there isn't support for a user-defined tag, perhaps with the ability to filter by tag as many newer applications can do. That would be handy. These aren't criticisms so much as product enhancement suggestions. The editor is ok but could be tuned up a bit. For example, styles in the toolbar dropdown apply only to the whole paragraph. It's hard to indent text. The button tool doesn't consistently remove the button attribute on an existing button; works sometimes, sometimes not. Little stuff. Overall it's adequate for text creation. The process of defining templates and styles appears to be a black art. While it's something you don't do often, it should be simplified and better exposed to ordinary admins. The ability to have more than one section open at a time in the editor would be fantastic. Great productivity tool. Word import/export could be cleaner. The ability to export to html with user-defined style sheets would open new markets for Xait. If the product had that, we'd use Xait to maintain our online help site too. The ability to link to externally stored images rather than lock them inside the Xait library would be huge, as we've expressed to the support team. We manage hundreds of images (diagrams, screen shots etc.) that are used throughout the company, not just for Xait documents. We would like to store them on a file system (e.g. Dropbox) and have them update into Xait automatically when the master copy is modified. This is a very important capability, though in fairness we didn't find it in other products either. Explicit support for Dropbox/Google Drive/Box would be one way, but dynamic linking a la Microsoft Word would be fine, maybe even better.,8,Too soon to tell. Right now we're still at the near end of the value chain - it still seems expensive given the outputs to date. But we have a lower proposal volume than some companies, so you need to factor that in. Also, the named user licensing is restrictive and problematic in a small company where people perform multiple roles and may dip in and out of the proposal development process over a period of weeks or months. A concurrent user model would be much, much better for us, though I understand you'd need to figure out a way to handle email notifications.,
Windows, Mac
XaitPorter

XaitPorter Reviews

XaitPorter
Filter 21 vetted XaitPorter reviews and ratings
Solveig Solheim profile photo
October 26, 2015

Review: "By using XaitPorter your working hours will be shorter"

• This tool gives us the opportunity to work together. We always work in the last revision.
  • We can write comments as we go along and all involved will see it straight away.
  • We can structure it the way we want/our the way customer wants it and print the whole book in one go. We are sure that pictures/text/tables are where they are supposed to be (they have not moved around the document as it does when using Microsoft Word).
  • The new version, XaitPorter5 has issues with tables. We cannot have less than 10% column width if the table has several columns. I would like XaitPorter to accept my choice of columns width. We did not have this issue in XaitPorter4.
  • I would also like to use the arrows going up and down when clicking on the table of content to the left. Now I have to use the mouse to move from one section to the next.
  • When using spellcheck I have to go back to another section and in again to see that the yellow highlights have disappeared. I cannot click on the spellcheck icon again to have the yellow highlights disappear.
  • I would like to have two different subtitles styles (ie Heading 1 and Heading 2) :-)
  • Replace function could improve. I would like to find words and replace 1 at the time since sometimes I don't want to change but keep as is. If I click on find and no more then it replaces the word with nothing.

The cost and also to get people to change from old systems to new systems. It is not easy to get people to change from using Word to using XaitPorter.

Those who are willing to change and start using say "why haven't I started using this before". :-)

Read Solveig Solheim's full review
Anne Jensen profile photo
October 21, 2015

Review: "XaitPorter - the perfect co-writing tool"

• Enables several writers to write in the same document at the same time, which means that it is always possible to get the latest version printed and see the current state.
  • Because we are limited in the template to a few styles we don't use a lot of time after completion checking up on which style the writers has been using. This saves us a lot of editing.
  • Before we got XaitPorter the drawing team didn't get the figures to quality control until the final stages of the process, but now the figures are received as soon as the writer uploads them. This also saves a lot of overtime, because the drawing team is involved earlier on.
  • When creating a new user I find the country list very long to scroll through, it would be nice if it was possible to just key in the first couple of letters and then the system would automatically jump down in the list.
  • In the job description text field in the figure workflow tab, it would be nice if it was possible to set line breaks, then it will be easier to get an overview as to what is new comments and what is old comments. Rights now, all text floats into one.
  • In the previous version it was possible to set the "AutoShrink Picture" to off in the template, so it was common for the whole document, now we have to do it for each figure, we would like the option to do it overall as before.
Any time it is needed to be more than one person, internal or external, writing a report is useful. I can't think of any type of report where XaitPorter can't be used.
Read Anne Jensen's full review
Carol Wilson profile photo
October 20, 2015

Review: "Punchy proposals prepared painlessly with XaitPorter 5"

• Quickly create impressive looking proposals.
  • Allows the user to focus on content, rather than format of documents.
  • Makes it easy to collaborate with colleagues and get approvals.
  • Would like the option for different levels of table of contents on the final PDF print (as per XaitPorter v.4)
  • Would also be good to have access to company templates rather than having to rely on XaitPorter team for changes.
If you are utilising it for a tender response where the answers are mainly attachments or questionnaire based then it is sometimes easier to manage this outside of XaitPorter.
Read Carol Wilson's full review
Zoua Vang profile photo
February 21, 2014

XaitPorter Review: "Schedule Analyst"

• Easy to use.
  • The application can compile several reports into one.
  • Keeps track of historical reports.
  • Better graphics or layout options.
  • It was easy to use but the tools were very basic. More options to customize would have been a nice feature.
I believe it is a great tool in collecting and compiling information from all team members and suited the company's purpose of implementing the application.
Read Zoua Vang's full review
October 23, 2015

XaitPorter Review: "Solid product that could use some tuneups"

• PDF output is clean and good.
  • Workflow is good.
  • Dashboard is good.
  • It would be helpful to improve functions used to organize and reorganize sections. They work fine, but could be retooled for ease of use. Simple drag-drop over the tree-view from the primary navigator (not only in the dedicated dialog for reordering sections) would be very good. It would be good to support simple flagging or tagging of sections to indicate whatever is meaningful to the user (e.g., to flag a section as imported text that needs formatting, or a section that is high priority for review). The icons do change to indicate predefined workflow states (e.g. approved), but there isn't support for a user-defined tag, perhaps with the ability to filter by tag as many newer applications can do. That would be handy. These aren't criticisms so much as product enhancement suggestions.
  • The editor is ok but could be tuned up a bit. For example, styles in the toolbar dropdown apply only to the whole paragraph. It's hard to indent text. The button tool doesn't consistently remove the button attribute on an existing button; works sometimes, sometimes not. Little stuff. Overall it's adequate for text creation.
  • The process of defining templates and styles appears to be a black art. While it's something you don't do often, it should be simplified and better exposed to ordinary admins.
  • The ability to have more than one section open at a time in the editor would be fantastic. Great productivity tool.
  • Word import/export could be cleaner.
  • The ability to export to html with user-defined style sheets would open new markets for Xait. If the product had that, we'd use Xait to maintain our online help site too.
  • The ability to link to externally stored images rather than lock them inside the Xait library would be huge, as we've expressed to the support team. We manage hundreds of images (diagrams, screen shots etc.) that are used throughout the company, not just for Xait documents. We would like to store them on a file system (e.g. Dropbox) and have them update into Xait automatically when the master copy is modified. This is a very important capability, though in fairness we didn't find it in other products either. Explicit support for Dropbox/Google Drive/Box would be one way, but dynamic linking a la Microsoft Word would be fine, maybe even better.
Xait is well suited to its primary purpose of proposal writing. It's less of a good choice for a more general purpose document production tool.
October 16, 2015

User Review: "XaitPorter eases collaboration"

XaitPorter is being used mainly in the upstream oil and gas technical department. We have used it to create field development plan documents and supporting technical documents. We also use it within the E&P business unit to construct our input into the group's annual report. In both of these cases we have contributors, reviewers and approvers in various offices across two or three continents.
  • Allows multiple writers, reviewers and approvers to work on a document without serious headaches arising from version control.
  • Provides a very intuitive way to add tables and figures and then provide explicit references to them within the document.
  • Creates a very professional looking document, including fully hyper-linked table of contents both within the document and also within the Adobe Reader Bookmarks sidebar.
  • It is presently not possible to include a caption for a text table.
  • As a user knowledgeable in HTML it would sometimes be convenient to include HTML code in the document source (for example HTML entities). This was possible in the previous version of XaitPorter.
  • As well as "absolute" cross-referencing (e.g. see Table 3.1) which is presently done very well in XaitPorter it would be nice to have automatic "relative" cross-referencing (e.g. see table on next page).
XaitPorter is ideal when a large document, containing many (preferably independent) sections is being created by more than five writers across different office locations and is subject to review by multiple reviewers and requires formal approval. It is particularly suited for external documents which are to be delivered as a non-editable PDF file.
October 21, 2015

XaitPorter Review: "An Xaiting product"

It is being used currently only by the business development department to prepare response to tender documents.
  • Collaboration within a document works well.
  • The publishing engine is very good.
  • The ability to store past RFPs was good and the search function as well.
  • Workflows are good. The ability to control user rights and workflows throughout the document was good.
  • The customer support is excellent.
  • The dashboard is complex and not easily understood. Since we only worked on a few documents at a time, we went straight into the document and never spent time on the dashboard.
  • Being cloud based, the time taken to move from one section of the document to another becomes painful.
  • The word import function could be improved.
  • There are some functionalities in Word that are not available in XaitPorter. For example you can insert pictures within a table in Word but you cant do that in XaitPorter.
XaitPorter is better suited to larger complex documents with a lot of contributors.
October 13, 2015

XaitPorter Review: "Xait Porter - Nobody does it better!"

Porter is used by our Business Development organisation to prepare and publish proposals and tender responses which we submit to both our existing and prospective customers. These documents involve input from a number of different persons or departments and Porter helps organise and manage the workflow.

Porter replaces Microsoft Word as our primary tool for this work, and we find that it provides measureable savings in the time needed and the cost of producing these documents. It also provides us with improved security, better administrative control and allows us to produce more professional looking documents with a consistent and uniform appearance that our customers have told us that they appreciate.

• Porter provides a consistent layout and format throughout the document package.
  • Porter provides complete control and visibility over who has access and what they can do on a project by project basis.
  • Porter's workflow tracks the progress against deadlines of multiple users involved in writing, reviewing and approving sections of a document.
  • Porter has an effective commenting tool that allows a team to collaborate during the compilation of a document.
  • Adding attachments in Porter 5 does not yet allow for cropping of these, although that was available in the previous version.
  • Sections with large tables tend to slow down Porter as it seems to take more effort to perform the background update and refresh.

Porter is ideal for generating collaborative documents from small proposals, up to very large and complex bid or tender responses. It can also be effective for other types of document such as technical reports, studies, manuals etc.

It can be used to compile, organise and maintain an up to date document library, for example of product data sheets or other marketing materials.

Porter can also be used in the procurement process, to prepare RFI or ITT packages, and to compile contracts for work being awarded.

October 20, 2015

User Review: "XaitPorter for oil and gas"

XaitPorter is used by Pure E&P to write applications for license rounds.
  • Enables templates to be constructed to ensure applications are consistently of high quality.
  • Multiple authors can contribute to a piece increasing the efficiency and speed at which applications can be written.
  • Reviewers can work with applications during the writing phase ensuring the applications are constantly modified to ensure high quality.
  • XaitPorter is extreme easy to administrate. As it is hosted online, administrators can help others users no matter their location.
  • More functionality could be added to the editor.
Will the documents that are going to be written be by one author or multiple? If by only one author this may not be necessary. Also, will the documents include multiple figures, if yes then XaitPorter is a must.
October 20, 2015

XaitPorter Review: "Xait is exiting"

We use XaitPorter for writing tenders, proposals and technical papers.
  • Easy to use during preparation of tenders and proposals because of the visibility of progress.
  • Makes the prepared documents look professional.
  • Easy to print the final product.
  • There should be a search for text function, not just search and replace because sometimes you do not want to replace text, just search for it.
October 16, 2015

XaitPorter Review: "Happy customer!"

XaiPorter is used all over the company for putting together heavy documents like technical reports, tender documents, annual reviews, sales brochures and engineering documents. It enables integrated working processes of our various regions.
  • Document format and set up
  • Project Management
  • Images and tables placement
  • Integration of Xait 4 and 5
May 02, 2015

XaitPorter Review: "Team Xait"

XaitPorter is our company's repository for housing the information required for tenders. Xait is used company-wide for this purpose. Xait doesn't address any problems.
  • Xait puts together some really attractive proposals that are sent out to clients.
  • Xait is an effective repository to store responses to tenders.
  • Xait keeps all attachments for each section separate, which is a huge plus.
  • Xait shows you on the right side what each figure within the section will look like.
  • Xait generates TOC's for attachments and figures.
  • Xait is hard to manipulate in terms of page breaks and where words and objects will fall when printed.
  • Xait has to be manipulated if the client is not wanting the typical "Section 1,2, 3 etc." After you figure out how to change to change the numbering it's easy, but figuring it out is not so easy.
  • Xait does not put pages in between the attachments.
  • When finishing the tender etc. in Xait, there is a step-by-step check box you have to go through and if you check the wrong box, you have to start over, which takes time.
  • To assemble the entire document sometimes takes 15 + minutes and if you are at the very last minutes to submit, this is not a good thing.
The product it produces is very professional looking. The TOC for the attachments is very attractive for the clients and the page numbering picks up after the attachments.

About XaitPorter

XaitPorter is a cloud-based solution that is designed to help users create high quality documents. It enables multiple users to work on the same document, in real-time, whether in the office, at home, or on the other side of the world. The vendor’s value proposition is that with their solution, users get an efficient document writing process with complete visibility, and the opportunity to focus on the quality of their content.

The vendor says their customers say XaitPorter provides higher quality documents, complete control throughout the process, and substantial time savings.

XaitPorter Features

Proposal Creation & Organization Features
Has featureProposal branding
Has featureProposal templates
Has featureProposal content library updates
Does not have featureGuided proposal creation
Has featureSearchable proposal database
Proposal Collaboration & Workflow Features
Has featureRFP management & response
Has featureProposal collaboration & approval
Has featureUser permissions/proposal editing controls
Has featureSales proposal workflow
Has featureProposal automation user interface
Proposal Delivery Features
Has featureAutomatic Formatting

XaitPorter Screenshots

XaitPorter Videos (2)

XaitPorter Integrations

Microsoft Dynamics 365 (formerly Microsoft Dynamics CRM), Box, Salesforce, Oracle, SAP, SharePoint, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OpenText, Big Data

XaitPorter Competitors