- Seismic allows for one location to store all relevant content so that associates are not having to spend as much time searching for what they need.
- Seismic provides the ability to fully customize content such that one template can serve many needs with the simple ability to answer questions that drive the customization in the content. This customization can range from simple to quite complex depending on your level of expertise with the tool.
- Seismic provides a lot of flexibility when it comes to organizing your content and how to make the experience of accessing that content unique to the needs of each user in the system.
- The administrative tools for building LiveDocs in the system (customized content templates) are tedious, cumbersome, and inflexible. There are not a lot of customization options for the design of the LiveForm used to gather the user's inputs. The tools are built using outdated technology (Silverlight) and are very error prone when trying to do anything more than the most basic of functionality.
- The sort order of documents/folders in the DocCenter is not flexible. For example, documents within a folder are always sorted alphanumerically but folders are always at the top of the list regardless of the name. Let's say we want to put 5 documents in a folder and then at the bottom of the list we'd like to have a folder titled "Other", that can't be done. The folder will always float to the top of the list, this is frustrating from a design perspective.
- The built-in document usage reporting is difficult to use for our purposes.
It is our single source of truth for content. When I started there were silos of content, a lot of outdated content, same/different versions of files in different places, causing a loss of sales productivity and limiting their use of content throughout their sales process. Seismic has allowed us to consolidate the different Silos, point to other sources of content (our youtube videos for example) and allow the field to find relevant content easily, and increase the use of content (with tracking of usage by the field, and out to their customers).
- Creating Dynamic Folders - Different users look for content in different ways, Seismic supports this with Dynamic folders. It's a filter you define to present a folder, for example, case studies and have it dynamically create folders by use case, product, industry, etc... This same case study could also live in other folders such as a product folder showing all of the content sorted by type without having duplicate files, as its all a virtual dynamic folder.
- Search - VERY strong search to find content with filtering that allows the user to quickly get to the content they need by type, industry, product, use case, competitor, etc... full indexing, but a way to sort out all the results gives the field access to exactly what they want if they prefer to search.
- Salesforce integration - providing content recommendations based on opportunities, so the field doesn't have to guess what they should be using. The system can recommend content based on defined fields such as sales stage, product, competitor, industry, and highlight content when they need it. Such as case studies in the same industry during early opp stages, a test plan during the pilot stage, or a contract at the negotiation stage. This allows them to get recommendations from us as they progress through the sales cycle
- LiveSend and Analytics - The field can send content (or multiple pieces of content) and see if the customer opened it and for how long. Like their own personal Marketo. This is great when you meet with a group of customers and can see which of them opened and how long they read it, helping the rep see who their likely champion is. From a content management/marketing perspective we can also understand what is being used, in what deals, in wins or losses, how often its accessed, allowing us to create better content, and avoid creating things that are not used.
- The front end and mobile app are very dynamic, however, the backend is in need of an update. They spent a lot of time making the front end work well in any browser and mobile, but the back end where the admins work leverages older technology. Better that they updated the front end for all the end users and they say they are in the process of updating it.
- Flexibility on the landing pages - would be nice to have sub-landing pages. They support multiple profile pages (which is great - for different roles), but would be nice to have subpages support a tile layout like the homepage too.
if the sales team is smaller and content is limited it's probably overkill.
I like that it doesn't take a large team to implement vs. other solutions, so if you have limited staff, its good. If you have a large team for sale enablement/content marketing, then perhaps a solution with lots of customizations may be worth looking at, although Seismic is very flexible.
- Allows me to quickly find documents that I send to prospects.
- I can quickly and easily upload a document to share across my department.
- I can also send out documents to people directly from Seismic.
- Easy to use interface.
- I'm completely satisfied with it so far and can't think of any areas for improvement.
- Very organized material
- Presentations look awesome
- Keeping contacts and presentations saved
- More Brainsharks
- No expiration on the live sends
- When presentations are sent via email attachment- giving the same look as a live send would be great
- The platform seems very stable. It's very easy to download and share content.
- The search features within Seismic are absolutely terrible. We type in what we're looking for and the results are not relevant. My team can rarely if ever find the documents we're looking for. It makes Seismic completely useless and I have just reverted back to my old system of saving documents on my computer or within my email. My system is not a perfect system but it's much better than what Seismic has to offer. It is so bad that our Head of Operations announced last week they took off the majority of the content last week. The hope was that with less content it will be easier to find what's there. I still don't plan to use it because so far it has just been a waste of my time.
- Seismic is a one stop shop for all of my sales enablement needs to help enrich my pipeline
- Seismic creates a unified language among sales and sales enablement so our internal messaging is consistent
- Seismic's Salesforce integration is seamless, so my searching for and sending of information is a breeze
- UI could do with some retooling, but that might just be our internal view
- Killer functionality to aid in quickly and easily searching and finding content
- Ability to easily send content directly to customers and track their engagement
- Ability to sync Seismic activity to Marketing Automation and Activity Management tools
- The back end administration is a little cumbersome and confusing
- Allows all documents and resources to be searchable
- Allows the organization to control which versions of documents are released internally
- Allow end users to view and interact with the documents prior to downloading locally
- The UI/UX is not very intuitive and could use a usability update
- It's often very slow in returning search results
- Users sometimes have difficulty finding particular documents if they aren't tagged correctly
- Automation of the updates to regular materials
- Allow the flexibility to create custom presentations from pre-approved slides
- User-friendly interface
- Ability to post and manage text entries outside of Office documents
"Seismic Review - great tool for collaborating, sharing and building internal and external materials"
- Documents are customizable and easy to send directly to customers from the platform itself. Saves time by preventing you from having to figure out how to edit on your own and then save and send from your email.
- Our company used to have internal and external documention housed across multiple platforms. Seismic solves this problem and condenses all our materials into one easy place.
- More visibility across the sales org and supporting orgs (marketing, customer success) as to what other groups are using and working on.
- The gmail integration is nice to have but doesn't always work like it should...
- There's still confusion (at least internally) on where to find certain documents as the search functionality doesn't always pull up what I'm looking for.
- Seismic is great at housing all documents in a place where they can be found.
- Seismic's integration with Gmail has helped to enable easy sharing from places where I spend my time, my inbox being one of them.
- Seismic's live docs feature can be extremely helpful in building out personalized white papers and proposals, especially helpful in complex deals.
- Seismic's search functionality and UI feels like it's lacking and could be improved.
- The Gmail integration has had its fair share of issues and hasn't quite been seamless.
- The use cases between some of the features still seem a bit confusing, even after sitting through how-to's.
- Customizable documents that are easily produced by our team members and are tailored to the needs of our clients are available at the click of a button.
- Teams can save documents they've created for a particular client so that the next time they need to work with said document, all they need to do is change a few details.
- Teams can share documents and work together on edits, revisions, and collaboration is key.
- When you have a link inside a document to a specific document in your workspace, the link takes you to the landing page, not the specific document.
- Seismic enables personalization of existing content, making it easy for sellers to provide and deliver the necessary context to buyers, without re-writing or re-developing assets.
- Seismic informs marketing of which assets are being used and which ones are performing the best in terms of resonating with prospects. Marketing's Seismic dashboard (LiveInsights) is Product Marketing gold. You can clearly understand what resonates, and what doesn't.
- Seismic is an awesome solution for sales enablement. When new sellers join, the ability to point them at an in-context repository of content helps to ramp productivity.
- Seismic's reporting has improved significantly. LiveInsights were a tremendous development. I'd like the ability to share executive reporting from LiveInsights w/o creating a LiveDoc.
- Seismic's NewsCenter is outstanding, it negates the need for sales newsletters and other forms of ad-hoc communication. I'd like to see NewsCenter enable users to share content directly from news articles.
- Supports detailed tagging of content.
- Virtually non-existent analytics.
- Lack of ability to create modern user experiences.
- No ability to measure content engagement (just views or downloads).
- Relies heavily on tagging to dictate where content shows up on the portal. No ability to simply add a piece of content to a page without reverse-engineering the tagging rules for the widget.
- Incredibly granular customization of materials, but managed in a way that is still really easy for sales to access
- Integration with Salesforce and Outlook - huge when trying to push sales to find everything they need in one location
- Intuitive and straight-forward user experience for sales reps
- Self-service training and support
Seismic Scorecard Summary
Seismic’s sales enablement solution allows marketing teams to personalize content at scale and equips large sales teams with the right content for every interaction, dramatically improving time spent selling and win rates.
According to the vendor, Seismic is the only sales enablement platform powered by machine learning algorithms and the award-winning LiveDocs® technology, which automates the creation of personalized sales materials within seconds. Additionally, the vendor says real-time analytics provide unprecedented insight for marketing teams looking to gauge which content helps close deals, further aligning marketing and sales efforts.
For more pricing information, contact Seismic at https://seismic.com/contact/.
Seismic Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||20%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||Enterprises (> 500 employees)||80%|
Seismic Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Seismic Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone|