PMAPS is a proposal management platform and is available as installed software or in a cloud-based version.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/59/I0/ZDTCWACIIAWH.pngDon't Let the Price Tag Sway You...Our sales support team (aka RFP team) is using this basically as "Google" for keywords to find our stocked answers for our service(s). We do not mark up templates and load them through the system. It is only being used by our team; however, our intent was for other SMEs and departments to have access. We purchased multiple licenses for this reason.,Preview of the Question and Answer Ability to categorize by main topic and sub-topic,It would be nice to be able to filter out categories even further than main topic/sub-topic partial keyword search More refined search ability,4,Increased efficiency Better responses More organized Better customer service,,1Great efficiency-increasing toolPMAPS is used primarily by me and the other main proposal writer. We purchased it in order to better manage and find our boilerplate proposal material, and it works fabulously for that purpose. Our salespeople also use it in order to generate proposals. PMAPS allows them to generate more customized proposals than they were able to do before. (For example, they can select which references they want to include, what products they are selling, and any other options I want to give them.),Searching for boilerplate material--PMAPS allows you to search by keywords, as well as filter by categories (e.g., implementation, training, company information, etc.) I set up all the categories, subcategories, audience types, etc. We used to spend a significant amount of time searching for previously written information, but now we can find it within seconds. I only use it to search for information stored within PMAPS, but you can also set it up to point at other places to search for information as well. Manage proposals--PMAPS has a dashboard that lists all of the proposals I'm working on as well as key information that I want to have available for each of them. You can decide what information you want to show on your dashboard (I use mine to show due date, production date, review date, salesperson for proposal, etc.) It is very convenient to have all of that information available at a glance. PMAPS also has a built-in calendar that will show you key dates for all of your proposals. Generate custom documents--PMAPS allows you to set up templates that you can use to generate documents. You can set up forms that allow yourself or other users to specify what information should be included in that document, and then PMAPS will generate the document based on how users respond to the questions (e.g., what references to include, what products to list, etc.). Word Replacement--PMAPS allows you to set up codes that will automatically be replaced with the correct term when you generate the proposal. For example, in our boilerplate information, any place where I would want the final proposal to say the prospect's name, I use the code <>. Those codes are automatically replaced with the prospect's name for that proposal when either I generate a document or when I simply select the icon that searches for and replaces codes. Easily edit boilerplate documents--PMAPS allows you to easily edit boilerplate information. You can select a document one at a time, or you can select a whole bunch of documents at once (simply by doing a search and/or filter to limit the results to the documents you want to edit) and download them onto your computer, edit, and then re-upload. Store material--PMAPS allows you to store Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and PDF documents.,Storing and managing proposal assignments--PMAPS will store your actual proposal document and allow you to send off assignments to other writers/contributors. However, we've had some issues with it crashing a lot in the past and no longer really use that feature, instead just storing the proposal document on our own computers and sending out assignments via email. I *think* they may have fixed that in this current version . . . I've only tested it out a little bit and had good luck so far, but nothing extensive. Downloading multiple documents--As mentioned in my earlier comments, you can easily download lots of documents at once. However, instead of having to search and filter my results to get the exact right combination I want to download, I would prefer to be able to do a slightly more broad search and then use a checkbox to select the ones I actually wanted to download, if not all. But that's a pretty minor thing.,9,Work far more efficiently Better finished proposals (as we can spend more time tailoring the proposals and writing new material that needs to be written, rather than all our time looking for content already written) Better sales proposals (our sales proposals used to be very generic, now are more specific to the offering and prospect),10Agile & adaptablePMAPS is used by our global proposal writers as well as some in-country writing teams. We have 10 teams using the tool in the U.S., Mexico, Europe and Australia. We store our proposal content in the tool, and PMAPS tracks the content use to help us keep the database as streamlined as possible. It helps ensure consistency across RFPs with all writers accessing the same content.,The tool allows insertion of all or part of an answer, and tracks this use by writer, date and RFP. Not all proposal tools offer this capability. Administratively, the tool is very flexible/agile. I've been able to help different teams set up fields/processes to meet their unique requirements without inconveniencing other teams. I have also set up temporary fields to track progress on short-term projects. Bundling of the documents for export/review is also quite handy. I've recently been able to share this capability with a few colleagues on the team who could use this feature, rather than having to request from the admin each time they need an export. Reporting is flexible as well. I also like being able to export into excel directly from search results. Help desk support is usually pretty quick. My users in different countries have varying levels of admin rights on their computers, different operating systems, browser versions, etc. When one of them has an issue, PMAPS Support is usually able to pinpoint the cause pretty quickly. The ongoing webinars they offer monthly are great to either learn something new, or get a refresher on something you haven't done in a while. User permissions are pretty flexible as well. Admins don't have to assign users to a pre-set level of rights. Permissions can be tweaked per user.,The Viewer: we understand its purpose, its benefits, and its limitations as set by its interaction with Microsoft Office. However, it does seem to be inconsistent from user to user. For instance, I seem to never have an issue; however, others seem to have malfunctioning Viewers every few weeks. Its "sensitivity" is probably the single complaint my users have.,9,Consistent messaging/branding worldwide, whether responding to a large global RFP or a smaller, in-country RFP. Employee efficiency - most of what they need is in PMAPS, rather than having to search older RFPs, repeatedly request SME assistance, frequently source questions to other colleagues. Soon we'll be saving more time for the bid writers by using a PMAPS feature which will enable the quicker assembly of smaller SOWs or unsolicited RFPs.,,8PMAPs WebPro: A RFP Coordinator's LifesaverWe use PMAPS in the Marketing Department to help us with requests for proposals (RFPs). As the RFP coordinator, I'm so grateful for PMAPS because it allows me to upload the questions and answers from the RFPs we've worked on-- making it a great resource for responding to future RFPs, without having to reach out to our subject matter experts (SMEs) for questions they may have answered before. The Assembly/Project Center also allows me to upload documents that are commonly used in RFPs; this minimizes the search for these items and makes them accessible to other writers.,PMAPS allows me to store the questions and answers from RFPs, ensuring that if a similar question is asked on a future RFP, I save time because I'm able to quickly pull up the answer from the PMAPS database. I love the cloud! In a few steps, I can upload the Excel or Word questionnaire and then select both the question and answer and voila...I've just created a new record! The program is extremely user friendly. Using key words to search for an answer is that much easier when I can use various filters. The database allows me to quickly locate answers for questions I'm asked by other departments. I can use PMAPS to keep track of the RFPs I've worked on, their titles, the products offered, the sales persons involved and a host of other helpful information. This also makes it so much easier to run reports.,There are times when I'm having a problem and I call the general line and have to leave a message and then wait for someone to call me back. I'd like to be able to speak with a live person every time. I'd like to see the program handle Excel documents with the ease that it handles a Word document.,10,With PMAPS WebPro, I am able to provide better customer service to other departments because I can quickly access our rich database to respond to their questions. PMAPS WebPro helps me complete RFPs quickly because I have most of the answers I need at the touch of a button.,10Proposal Software that gets you to the point in a blinkI use PMAPS as a knowledge base, a keeper, of proposal responses. It is my main resource for answering questions from prospects as well as a project tracker. I am able to track the attributes of the RFP, along with which document that particular response was used. I am the only user, but product questions from inside sales and the CRM team enable me to provide a quick response that reflected our corporate messaging.,The Keyword Search feature keeps me from remembering "What category did I put that response in?". Typing in one or two words or the full sentence really helps me to quickly track down the response I am looking to use. Extremely helpful and gets me to the data in a blink. The insert option gives you several ways to get the content you found into your response. I absolutely love the fact the I can select part of a record and copy and paste it into my document. This allows great flexibility in creating a custom response while using a strong foundation. I use main dashboard page as my project tracker. Everything that I work on that pulls content from company, product, support, and implementation categories, get's listed here. I have one source that stores all my approved content and I don't worry if the text is still valid, the expiration date feature lets me know when to have my content re-approved. Tracking the response feature is a huge time-saver. When you add a new answer to the system, you can identify which proposal the answer was used in, which helps me to find past proposal documents that use a similar line of questioning quicker, enabling me to re-purpose content, quicker, enabling me to finish my response quicker.,Inserting new content is time consuming. Adding one question and response is not, but when you have 20 new responses to add, and adding each one individually takes too much of my time.,10,Since I began using PMAPS, my efficiency has increased as well as accuracy. Overtime, I saw a steady increase in being shortlisted. With over 2000 records of consist messaging, I am confident of the content I am using. I have greatly reduced the amount of time I spend in verifying the accuracy of the response and getting SME approval.,,10
Proposal Management and Production System (PMAPS)

PMAPS Reviews

PMAPS
Filter 10 vetted PMAPS reviews and ratings
Stephanie Benavidez profile photo
December 04, 2014

PMAPS Review: "Don't Let the Price Tag Sway You..."

• Preview of the Question and Answer
  • Ability to categorize by main topic and sub-topic
  • It would be nice to be able to filter out categories even further than main topic/sub-topic
  • partial keyword search
  • More refined search ability
We thought we asked the right questions, but our representative is not very responsive to our concerns either.
Read Stephanie Benavidez's full review
Eva Gillespie-Larsen profile photo
May 10, 2014

PMAPS Review: "Great efficiency-increasing tool"

• Searching for boilerplate material--PMAPS allows you to search by keywords, as well as filter by categories (e.g., implementation, training, company information, etc.) I set up all the categories, subcategories, audience types, etc. We used to spend a significant amount of time searching for previously written information, but now we can find it within seconds. I only use it to search for information stored within PMAPS, but you can also set it up to point at other places to search for information as well.
  • Manage proposals--PMAPS has a dashboard that lists all of the proposals I'm working on as well as key information that I want to have available for each of them. You can decide what information you want to show on your dashboard (I use mine to show due date, production date, review date, salesperson for proposal, etc.) It is very convenient to have all of that information available at a glance. PMAPS also has a built-in calendar that will show you key dates for all of your proposals.
  • Generate custom documents--PMAPS allows you to set up templates that you can use to generate documents. You can set up forms that allow yourself or other users to specify what information should be included in that document, and then PMAPS will generate the document based on how users respond to the questions (e.g., what references to include, what products to list, etc.).
  • Word Replacement--PMAPS allows you to set up codes that will automatically be replaced with the correct term when you generate the proposal. For example, in our boilerplate information, any place where I would want the final proposal to say the prospect's name, I use the code <>. Those codes are automatically replaced with the prospect's name for that proposal when either I generate a document or when I simply select the icon that searches for and replaces codes.
  • Easily edit boilerplate documents--PMAPS allows you to easily edit boilerplate information. You can select a document one at a time, or you can select a whole bunch of documents at once (simply by doing a search and/or filter to limit the results to the documents you want to edit) and download them onto your computer, edit, and then re-upload.
  • Store material--PMAPS allows you to store Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and PDF documents.
  • Storing and managing proposal assignments--PMAPS will store your actual proposal document and allow you to send off assignments to other writers/contributors. However, we've had some issues with it crashing a lot in the past and no longer really use that feature, instead just storing the proposal document on our own computers and sending out assignments via email. I *think* they may have fixed that in this current version . . . I've only tested it out a little bit and had good luck so far, but nothing extensive.
  • Downloading multiple documents--As mentioned in my earlier comments, you can easily download lots of documents at once. However, instead of having to search and filter my results to get the exact right combination I want to download, I would prefer to be able to do a slightly more broad search and then use a checkbox to select the ones I actually wanted to download, if not all. But that's a pretty minor thing.
Really well suited for places where you are frequently needing to find material that you've already written before.
Read Eva Gillespie-Larsen's full review
Marian Egan profile photo
March 18, 2014

PMAPS Review: "Agile & adaptable"

• The tool allows insertion of all or part of an answer, and tracks this use by writer, date and RFP. Not all proposal tools offer this capability.
  • Administratively, the tool is very flexible/agile. I've been able to help different teams set up fields/processes to meet their unique requirements without inconveniencing other teams. I have also set up temporary fields to track progress on short-term projects.
  • Bundling of the documents for export/review is also quite handy. I've recently been able to share this capability with a few colleagues on the team who could use this feature, rather than having to request from the admin each time they need an export.
  • Reporting is flexible as well. I also like being able to export into excel directly from search results.
  • Help desk support is usually pretty quick. My users in different countries have varying levels of admin rights on their computers, different operating systems, browser versions, etc. When one of them has an issue, PMAPS Support is usually able to pinpoint the cause pretty quickly.
  • The ongoing webinars they offer monthly are great to either learn something new, or get a refresher on something you haven't done in a while.
  • User permissions are pretty flexible as well. Admins don't have to assign users to a pre-set level of rights. Permissions can be tweaked per user.
  • The Viewer: we understand its purpose, its benefits, and its limitations as set by its interaction with Microsoft Office. However, it does seem to be inconsistent from user to user. For instance, I seem to never have an issue; however, others seem to have malfunctioning Viewers every few weeks. Its "sensitivity" is probably the single complaint my users have.
Do you need consistency of messaging across multiple countries/products/divisions/languages? Do you want to be able to tailor content access per team/division/country? Do you want to be able to report on/track use by user, document, searches, compliance, etc.? If so, PMAPS is the most versatile proposal management tool I've come across so far.
Read Marian Egan's full review
Deborah Pinnock profile photo
April 23, 2014

Review: "PMAPs WebPro: A RFP Coordinator's Lifesaver"

• PMAPS allows me to store the questions and answers from RFPs, ensuring that if a similar question is asked on a future RFP, I save time because I'm able to quickly pull up the answer from the PMAPS database.
  • I love the cloud! In a few steps, I can upload the Excel or Word questionnaire and then select both the question and answer and voila...I've just created a new record!
  • The program is extremely user friendly. Using key words to search for an answer is that much easier when I can use various filters.
  • The database allows me to quickly locate answers for questions I'm asked by other departments.
  • I can use PMAPS to keep track of the RFPs I've worked on, their titles, the products offered, the sales persons involved and a host of other helpful information. This also makes it so much easier to run reports.
  • There are times when I'm having a problem and I call the general line and have to leave a message and then wait for someone to call me back. I'd like to be able to speak with a live person every time.
  • I'd like to see the program handle Excel documents with the ease that it handles a Word document.
If you do RFPs, having PMAPS is a must.
Read Deborah Pinnock's full review
Sharon Kirkman profile photo
March 28, 2014

PMAPS Review: "Proposal Software that gets you to the point in a blink"

• The Keyword Search feature keeps me from remembering "What category did I put that response in?". Typing in one or two words or the full sentence really helps me to quickly track down the response I am looking to use. Extremely helpful and gets me to the data in a blink.
  • The insert option gives you several ways to get the content you found into your response. I absolutely love the fact the I can select part of a record and copy and paste it into my document. This allows great flexibility in creating a custom response while using a strong foundation.
  • I use main dashboard page as my project tracker. Everything that I work on that pulls content from company, product, support, and implementation categories, get's listed here. I have one source that stores all my approved content and I don't worry if the text is still valid, the expiration date feature lets me know when to have my content re-approved.
  • Tracking the response feature is a huge time-saver. When you add a new answer to the system, you can identify which proposal the answer was used in, which helps me to find past proposal documents that use a similar line of questioning quicker, enabling me to re-purpose content, quicker, enabling me to finish my response quicker.
  • Inserting new content is time consuming. Adding one question and response is not, but when you have 20 new responses to add, and adding each one individually takes too much of my time.
I think PMAPS is well suited for Sales and Marketing team members. Having a database that houses all your approved content is a great way to ensure that your messaging is consistent in all your published materials, and a great repository of information. In the RFP world, time is limited, deadlines always approach faster than you want them to, and you are typically working more than one RFP response or project at a time. Being able to access one system for all your content needs is a huge time-saver.
Read Sharon Kirkman's full review
Billy Azevedo profile photo
March 07, 2014

PMAPS Review: "An Easy and Productive Partnership..."

Humana's Corporate Proposal Center serves as the Business Owner of PMAPS for the organization. We service the application to a user base of over 300 associates. Our primary user group consists of 150 associates with roles that focus on proposal development and Subject Matter Area expertise. In addition, we have over 200 field sales associates accross the country who use the application to respond to client questionnaires or for general knowledge about Humana's new and existing products, services, policies, and procedures. Availability to the application is web-based, creating a flexible access-point for all associates regardless of their role and/or need. The content has been developed by a content team within the Corporate Proposal Center who have established relationships with Subject Matter Experts who partner with them to make sure there is consistent, inclusive, and relevant messaging. There are two primary business issues this application has resolved. 1) Our ability to provide more robust reporting to leadership and 2) Our enhanced ability to efficiently create, maintain, and distribute up-to-date and consistent messaging accross the organization.
  • Control over user accounts - more specifically, permission and restriction levels. We have a diverse user base that has a need to access the application in different ways. The content organization structure we developed in conjunctions with our ability to set user and group-level permissions/restrictions, allows our administrators to effectively setup accounts that are specific to a user's role/need.
  • The ability to Filter. We have over 10,000 database entries so our ability to navigate through a large amount of content is critically important. We tell our users, regardless of how you start your search, use filters. So much of the information our user's are looking for (regardless of their role) is specific to a Line of Business (medical products, Dental Products, etc.) or topical areas (Billing and Enrollment, Claims Processing, etc.) so by giving them the ability to filter out the information that is not applicable to their search, we get them to what they need much quicker.
  • Apply attributes to each entry and having the ability to choose what those attributes are. Reporting is a critical component to the work we do. Having the ability to decide and alter the names of attribute fields is important and allows us more control/ownership of our content.
  • Beyond some of the basic functionality of enhancement suggestions, the number one recommendation I can provide to PSI is for them to internalize subject matter experts who know RFPs, the specifics/current state of proposal development, and most importantly partner with their clients to truly understand the need that's out their. Often, we get the sense that the focus during our interactions with the vendor is for purposes to up-sell or advertise enahncements for purchase rather than listening to a clients concerns and/or needs.
Make sure you understand the benefits of a web-based versus "client" (not sure this is the appropriate term) version.
Evaluate CBA for hosted versus organization-controlled model
Read Billy Azevedo's full review
April 29, 2015

Review: "PMAPS wins over Qvidian, no question about it!"

We use PMAPS as our content management tool for responding to RFPs, RFIs, and other questionnaires that clients and prospects send to us.
  • Having used two competing proposal management systems, I can honestly say that PMAPS wins hands down. We have streamlined the management of content so that we are always providing the most current, accurate responses to every RFP question our clients and prospects send to us.
  • Adding new content to PMAPS is a breeze! With a minimum of clicks, you can upload new responses directly into the database so that your proposal team members are continually reinventing the same responses.
  • With a continually growing proposal team, the ease with which new users can quickly learn how to use PMAPS is a huge plus. I don't have to devote tons of time training new users. It's a very intuitive interface.
  • No matter the format of the proposal (Word, Excel, web submission), PMAPS works with me to make responding *almost* enjoyable
  • My PMAPS client services manager keeps track of our requests for enhancements and before I know it, they're incorporated into the next release.
  • For instance, responding to Excel questionnaires that use multiple worksheets requires a little bit of maneuvering to ensure all worksheet tabs are complete. I sent my client services manager a question, to make sure I wasn't overlooking an easier way to do it, and she added our request for improved functionality to their enhancements roadmap
I'm often asked for my recommendation on proposal software and I always recommend PMAPS. Its ease of use, dependability, robust features and dedicated staff make it a superb choice.
March 11, 2014

PMAPS Review: "Great product, helpful employees!"

We use PMAPS to track RFPs, complete RFPs, produce RFP reporting and manage content used to produce RFPs. It addresses the problem of easy accessibilty to current and consistent content to be used in the production of RFPs accross the firm.
  • Dashboard for tracking workload of an employee/group of employees
  • RFP reporting (completed rates, win rates, turnaround time)
  • Very user friendly for completing RFPs
  • The process to extract and relink updated data could be more user friendly
Overall PMAPS is a solid and user friendly system that is great for use for invoestment management companies.
March 01, 2014

User Review: "A Novice's Opinion of PMAPS"

While at a previous organization, we used PMAPS to manage our proposal process and to communicate directly with the sales department. It clears up the potential problems of miscommunication and keeps everyone accountable.
  • I love that PMAPS allows you to see right away how many proposals you have and displays when they are due and who the primary proposal writers are.
  • Another great strength is that PMAPS allows you to assign employees to proposals and lets you choose due dates throughout the process.
  • I love the way it opens up communication. As a proposal writer, you know which rep and other key people you will be working with. I shows everyone involved who is on the team and everyone's responsibilities for each unique proposal.
  • The fact that PMAPs hold a ton of information is great. It can be hard at times to sort through it all so I will the sorting could be done a bit differently so that information will be a bit easier to find.
  • While the layout is simple enough, I believe it needs to be updated in design and also speed.
PMAPS seems better suited to large companies as it anticipates input from other departments.
March 08, 2014

"PMAPS Review"

PMAPs was used by a former employer for proposal responses. We would use the application as a database repository of our proposal response in order to complete RFPs that clients would submit to our office for our TPA services.
  • Stores database responses
  • Keep track of who the subject matter expert was for a response
  • Keeps responses in a organized manner
  • This may already be a feature, but it was not one we used if it was - it would be great if it was an RFP builder as well
  • Store RFP templates