Reviews (1-10 of 10)
- WMJ is a full-stack solution, so you can track the life of a project from beginning to end, and all of the financials associated with it.
- Time entry is easy.
- Project management is robust and yields a tremendous amount of information.
- WMJ has a "sheets"-based interface, which makes navigating thru modules easier.
- There is more than one way to complete any particular task.
- WMJ's interface is dated. Despite an html5 driven "sheets"-based interface, it takes a lot of time and effort to manage the interface, which could be streamlined considerably. On a UX/UI scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the best, WMJ would earn a 6 from me.
- Despite the amount of documentation available, there is a distinct lack of clarity in that documentation, and it doesn't fully cover everything you would expect. Branching thoughts, for instance, are not addressed. Additionally, because there are two editions of the software online, there are two support sites that aren't sequestered. So information from both commingles, creating confusion.
- Support is available on an email and phone basis. They strongly encourage you to use email, however, and they are resistant to phone time. This is likely because the support staff is limited in number, but has a great depth of knowledge. If you want immediate phone support, however, YOU ARE OUT OF LUCK. You are placed in a queue and the odds of same-day help are low. For email, the response is usually within an hour, but when you are stuck with a configuration issue, or need to generate a report and don't know how to do something, waiting is not optimal. That said, the support team is TERRIFIC.
- The Platinum version has a particularly robust time tracking system, down to a 'timer' function that can be critical for an agency like mine where you want to be accountable for billing a client arruately
- The ability to make projects available only to those who are permitted to assign their time to it has apparently been very helpful during our revenue reconciliation meetings where time incurred is reviewed against scope
- The mobile app, while I still feel needs some work, is pretty handy for a quick calendar check if I'm in a client meeting and cannot utilize my browser to get information
- The user-throttling is one of my biggest issues. I feel there needs to be a third level of permissions allowed, the first being "on project, can edit and assign", the second being "not on project, cannot see or interact with project" and the third being a "read-only" type of permission where someone should at least be able to SEE all projects currently open, even if not assign their time to it
- The integration with Microsoft 365 seems problematic at best, and our IT company hasn't come up with any resolutions. Ever since switching from the Gmail/Google Suite platform to 365, many of us are getting 2-5 notifications per meeting and our Outlook calendars are not syncing correctly
- For the web app, I'd really like to see a condensed "hamburger" type menu that simply lists items, rather than the more graphic user interface that can make it diffiicult to find what I want. For example- if I sign in I'd like to see a top level dropdown that simply says "Calendar" and then prompts me if further breakouts are need (All vs Creatives, etc). I feel it's not a very intuitive mobile experience right now, taking its layouts and architecture pretty directly from the web version
- Outlines a clear schedule - You know when to expect certain things to give the client a close estimate on project review and completion.
- Keeps track of timesheets - Through JIG, you could keep track of how much time a certain project was taking you and that time would be reflected on your timesheet. Made filling out weekly timesheets much easier.
- Able to select project owner - Every person on our team was on the JIG schedule but it was clear to see who the project owner was.
- Auto-schedule population - The most inconvenient thing about using JIG was that the dates wouldn't auto-populate. Example: I move the review date but the rest of the dates stay the same. Depending on each project level, if one date is adjusted the rest should update as well. That way we aren't spending a lot of time moving dates around manually.
- Notifications - JIG should have desktop notifications so we can see when tasks are on us even when we aren't in JIG.
- Workamajig makes working remotely easier because all details of jobs are housed on the program.
- Workamajig provides a way for anyone to look up any job and be able to check statuses or even pick up where the last person left off.
- As a designer, Workamajig has streamlined communication between the design team, account managers and accounting departments.
- Workamajig allows me to clearly understand my schedule so I can focus on my work as a designer!
- There's not much room to customize the way my task list looks (ex. hiding columns, etc).
- Sometime it's difficult to sort through a super-deep page of conversations. It'd be nice to be able to"hide" posts that weren't relevant to me or highlight important information.
- The place to unapprove a timesheet is very hidden. However, it's not something users do normally, so it's not a huge issue.
- Detailed scheduling for project management
- Moving a task through a set process from one person to another
- Being able to take a look at all jobs from a high level view to see where there are interruptions or pain points
- The interface isn't as intuitive as I would like, i.e. double clicking doesn't open a work order, you need to highlight then go to the menu and select jump to project
- Mobile support is practically non existent. in my position i'm constantly on the go and being able to use a mobile app to check project statuses
Workamajig is great for larger workforces. We currently have anywhere from 10-15 people involved in different stages of a project. This really helps coordinate both comunication as well as work flow. You can have one person take point and help move processes along. It also has helped us create a more streamlined process and helps keep people from dropping the ball along the way.
The biggest area for improvement in my eyes is the lack mobile capability.
- Customization of the software with a team of people to update/change to each customer's needs
- Has the ability to be a robust system with different add-ons
- The program can be learned quickly
- the timeline feature is not intuitive- it does not allow you to have different timelines interconnected with other projects and makes it different to put a large scale plan in place.
- They do not have a mobile app and the mobile page's functionality is not very intuitive.
- Workamajig requires a lot of up front training to know/understand all of the functionalities and can take away from team productivity.
- Tracking and assigning projects.
- Placing time and resource values on projects.
- Keeping diary notes on projects.
- The whole system is built in Flash which is an outdated technology.
- While it is in the browser window, some useful browser functions are blocked.
- Icons are hard to read and understand.
- The system requires a lot of manual input - If you complete a project you have to mark it complete in multiple places instead of it updating itself.
- Project Request submission. This is a feature that is difficult to find in other Project Management tools, and we have looked at several dozen while researching the latest products on the market. Project Requests allow a project manager to fill out what type of project is needed, then the Marketing Lead would receive an email with the Request data, and easily turn this request into a full-fledged Project.
- The customization is very good. Workamajig staff will work with your organization to determine exactly what features your team needs, and then customize the project experience catered to your organization. You can choose which data to display, what fields to fill in, how to organize each project, and so forth.
- It is not an intuitive system. It is Flash-based, so you won't be able to access and run it fully on some mobile devices. There is no drag and drop functionality, and some features are hidden deep behind several clicks. The learning curve is steep.
- The reporting feature leaves much to be desired. The data that the out-of-the-box reports contain is very limited, and does not offer solid cumulative metrics across multiple projects. Of course there are third-party add-ons that improve the reporting experience, but those incur an additional cost, and Workamajig is already on the high end of price points. Customizable reports are an option, but the system is convoluted, difficult to navigate, and very difficult to update.
- Managing project timelines is a harrowing experience. Workamajig offers many ways to view your timeline and upcoming task schedule, such as Gantt charts, but the process of updating the timelines when your scope inevitably changes is very tedious. Again, this is a Flash program, and it runs rather slow, and doesn't always do what you want. I've even resorted to using a separate scheduling application (Smartsheet) to avoid managing the timeline in Workamajig.
Workamajig Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Workamajig is a cloud-based HTML5 project management solution designed for creative ad agencies and in-house advertising teams of all sizes. Key features include opportunity tracking, project management, time tracking, resource management and complete finance and accounting.
Workamajig enables users to create project tasks, assign them to people and collaborate on these tasks from a single message portal. The creative management functionality of the solution allows users to create project schedules, manage freelancers and track time spent on each project with the help of automated timesheets.
Workamajig also features resource management, which allows users to plan and execute their marketing schedules and monitor all the ongoing projects from a single portal.
This product helps creative agencies manage all the aspects of their businesses starting from finance management and revenue forecasting, scaling all the way up to customized management reporting and profitability assessment.
Available on per user per month subscription, it offers support via phone and email.
Workamajig Technical Details