- Workamajig makes working remotely easier because all details of jobs are housed on the program.
- Workamajig provides a way for anyone to look up any job and be able to check statuses or even pick up where the last person left off.
- As a designer, Workamajig has streamlined communication between the design team, account managers and accounting departments.
- Workamajig allows me to clearly understand my schedule so I can focus on my work as a designer!
- There's not much room to customize the way my task list looks (ex. hiding columns, etc).
- Sometime it's difficult to sort through a super-deep page of conversations. It'd be nice to be able to"hide" posts that weren't relevant to me or highlight important information.
- The place to unapprove a timesheet is very hidden. However, it's not something users do normally, so it's not a huge issue.
- Detailed scheduling for project management
- Moving a task through a set process from one person to another
- Being able to take a look at all jobs from a high level view to see where there are interruptions or pain points
- The interface isn't as intuitive as I would like, i.e. double clicking doesn't open a work order, you need to highlight then go to the menu and select jump to project
- Mobile support is practically non existent. in my position i'm constantly on the go and being able to use a mobile app to check project statuses
Workamajig is great for larger workforces. We currently have anywhere from 10-15 people involved in different stages of a project. This really helps coordinate both comunication as well as work flow. You can have one person take point and help move processes along. It also has helped us create a more streamlined process and helps keep people from dropping the ball along the way.
The biggest area for improvement in my eyes is the lack mobile capability.
- Project Request submission. This is a feature that is difficult to find in other Project Management tools, and we have looked at several dozen while researching the latest products on the market. Project Requests allow a project manager to fill out what type of project is needed, then the Marketing Lead would receive an email with the Request data, and easily turn this request into a full-fledged Project.
- The customization is very good. Workamajig staff will work with your organization to determine exactly what features your team needs, and then customize the project experience catered to your organization. You can choose which data to display, what fields to fill in, how to organize each project, and so forth.
- It is not an intuitive system. It is Flash-based, so you won't be able to access and run it fully on some mobile devices. There is no drag and drop functionality, and some features are hidden deep behind several clicks. The learning curve is steep.
- The reporting feature leaves much to be desired. The data that the out-of-the-box reports contain is very limited, and does not offer solid cumulative metrics across multiple projects. Of course there are third-party add-ons that improve the reporting experience, but those incur an additional cost, and Workamajig is already on the high end of price points. Customizable reports are an option, but the system is convoluted, difficult to navigate, and very difficult to update.
- Managing project timelines is a harrowing experience. Workamajig offers many ways to view your timeline and upcoming task schedule, such as Gantt charts, but the process of updating the timelines when your scope inevitably changes is very tedious. Again, this is a Flash program, and it runs rather slow, and doesn't always do what you want. I've even resorted to using a separate scheduling application (Smartsheet) to avoid managing the timeline in Workamajig.
- Customization of the software with a team of people to update/change to each customer's needs
- Has the ability to be a robust system with different add-ons
- The program can be learned quickly
- the timeline feature is not intuitive- it does not allow you to have different timelines interconnected with other projects and makes it different to put a large scale plan in place.
- They do not have a mobile app and the mobile page's functionality is not very intuitive.
- Workamajig requires a lot of up front training to know/understand all of the functionalities and can take away from team productivity.
- Tracking and assigning projects.
- Placing time and resource values on projects.
- Keeping diary notes on projects.
- The whole system is built in Flash which is an outdated technology.
- While it is in the browser window, some useful browser functions are blocked.
- Icons are hard to read and understand.
- The system requires a lot of manual input - If you complete a project you have to mark it complete in multiple places instead of it updating itself.
Workamajig Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Workamajig is a cloud-based HTML5 project management solution designed for creative ad agencies and in-house advertising teams of all sizes. Key features include opportunity tracking, project management, time tracking, resource management and complete finance and accounting.
Workamajig enables users to create project tasks, assign them to people and collaborate on these tasks from a single message portal. The creative management functionality of the solution allows users to create project schedules, manage freelancers and track time spent on each project with the help of automated timesheets.
Workamajig also features resource management, which allows users to plan and execute their marketing schedules and monitor all the ongoing projects from a single portal.
This product helps creative agencies manage all the aspects of their businesses starting from finance management and revenue forecasting, scaling all the way up to customized management reporting and profitability assessment.
Available on per user per month subscription, it offers support via phone and email.
Workamajig Technical Details