Overall Satisfaction with Workamajig
We are using Workamajig as our project management database for all projects in our agency. We use to manage timelines, estimates, billing and purchase orders. This was implemented a year ago in our agency to combine a few different software platforms handling different aspects of the life of a project into one platform that can be customized to the agency's needs. We now have all departments using the same software allowing easier access for different teams to review all aspects of a project.
- Customization of the software with a team of people to update/change to each customer's needs
- Has the ability to be a robust system with different add-ons
- The program can be learned quickly
- the timeline feature is not intuitive- it does not allow you to have different timelines interconnected with other projects and makes it different to put a large scale plan in place.
- They do not have a mobile app and the mobile page's functionality is not very intuitive.
- Workamajig requires a lot of up front training to know/understand all of the functionalities and can take away from team productivity.
- During the launch time of WMJ to the agency, the ROI was down due to the time spent training and learning the new ways it worked.
- Once the team has gotten up to speed on it, it has allowed the team to become more efficient with the timelines and budgets and a better way to monitor both quickly.
- As we use it more and add more specific add-ons catered to our company, it should continue to improve ROI because we will have increased speed with timelines and estimates to clients and the teams will have a better handle on daily tasks.
This is a good piece of software for mid-size companies looking for a project management system to streamline the back end of projects.