https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/73/Ij/PHURK9C28V1L.PNGQuick and easy invoicingI am a professional writer with multiple clients that I contract privately or through platforms such as Upwork. I use Zoho Invoicing to create invoices for private clients and to also track what I make through Upwork. I also use it to track single and recurring business expenses. It's a great tool for me because I can set different hourly rates for different projects / tasks and I can also create rates for certain activities. I can also just manually enter tasks and rates directly onto an invoice. It gives me a lot of control over how I want to create my invoices. I actually chose it because it gives more than one option for clients to pay their invoice.,Multiple payment platforms integrated for ease of client payment. You can create different hourly rates for various tasks or individuals within an organization. You can attach files to your invoices. Clients get their very own log-in. Ability to create credit notes.,You need to wait to apply the credit note until the invoice is completed. Sometimes the credit note will appear to grow although you haven't applied it. I have to use "mark as sent" on invoices that I won't actually send (because they track money made through platforms) or they don't show up in my reports. The estimates feature is kind of hard to figure out so I just don't use it.,10,It's made it easier to see the overall picture of the money my business makes and my expenses. It's made it easier for me to do my taxes as an LLC because I can run various reports to get the information I need. I'm able to run reports based on clients to see which of my services are used the most and by which sorts of clients. It helps me target my growth campaigns.,,Zoho Projects, SignRequest, BufferZoho Recovers Lost Money! Why Wouldn't You Use It?!Zoho is used by our billing department to handle past balance due invoices.,The user interface is as good as it gets. It's very easy to navigate and all the pages load fast. Allows us to keep track of revenue rescued as a result of using Zoho. Automates the process of emailing and sending physical mailing notices to customers with unpaid invoices.,The most common issue we have is the regular need to manually update addresses, i.e. customer has moved, or there is a typo in a street name, etc. It would be great for Zoho to automate (whenever able to) help in finding these addresses.,10,Zoho more than pays for itself each month. It increases profits and helps us manage our business better.,RecurlyEase of use meets Solid functionality - at this price pointI have a small consulting practice and use Zoho Invoice for both time tracking and invoicing of clients. It allows me to accurately track and report hours to clients, as well as provide accurate and professional looking invoices. I also love the ability to email invoices directly from Zoho, as well as create templates and clone previous invoices.,Time tracking. Zoho invoice makes it super easy to track time and hours against specific clients and specific tasks. Unbilled / billed time reporting. Zoho Invoice gives a dashboard view of hours yet to be billed, which helps keep on top of invoicing so nothing is missed. Reporting. Zoho Invoice offers a robust reporting module for the price point. Canned reports can be customized easily. Invoice sending and tracking. Zoho Invoice makes it easy to create and send invoices. Invoices are easy to clone, which makes creating regular, repeatable invoices a snap.,Time tracking, though easy enough, could be simplified. Having the ability to change default settings when entering time could save a few keystrokes. The ability to automatically take unbilled hours and pull into a new invoice seems to be there, but it is a bit cumbersome. It also defaults to too much detail. Having the ability to customize would be great. The ability to auto-BCC yourself on all invoices sent out would be a nice feature.,10,My time tracking is accurate, and meets the needs of my clients. My invoices are professional looking and accurate...and I get paid when I send them out! The reporting necessary at tax time is available and accurate.,QuickBooks Online and Microsoft Office 365,Teamwork Projects, Microsoft Office 365Great For The Basics, Just The BasicsIt is currently used by my accounts department. it helps us to quickly connect our Stripe and PayPal account to accept international payments from our customers. The interface is very simple which is good to avoid confusion.,Very simple interface and intuitive to use Good cheap pricing for the basic functions of invoicing. Simple integrations with payment portals which are key. Very easy to select currencies and create contacts.,It is hard to properly fix up a followup invoicing email sequence Once you set a currency for a particular contact, trying to change it is hard - you will need to remove and redo the whole procedure making it a hassle Lack of advanced features such as reporting.,7,Helped us increase our overall revenue by 20% because we could now accept online payments,Freshsales CRM, SalesHandyZoho Invoice brings real bang for the buck!Zoho Invoice is a great tool for our company as it fits well within the Zoho suite of products like Zoho Recruit and Zoho CRM. Now our entire workflow is tracked from prospect to pay which allows our corporate executives to concentrate on making money rather than chasing it. We use Zoho Invoice to track receivables as well as a payment gateway for online sales of our services also.,Invoicing clients Taking and processing payments Tracking accounts receivable Tracking expenses,Not much to think of...we really like it,10,Zoho invoice allowed our company to seem very large even when we were just getting our start in a basement of a house...for free might I add as we were using the free version at those times.,,Bullhorn Recruitment CRM, LinkedIn Talent
Zoho Invoice

Zoho Invoice Reviews

Zoho Invoice
Filter 21 vetted Zoho Invoice reviews and ratings
Robin Bull profile photo
August 28, 2018

Zoho Invoice Review: "Quick and easy invoicing"

• Multiple payment platforms integrated for ease of client payment.
  • You can create different hourly rates for various tasks or individuals within an organization.
  • You can attach files to your invoices.
  • Clients get their very own log-in.
  • Ability to create credit notes.
  • You need to wait to apply the credit note until the invoice is completed. Sometimes the credit note will appear to grow although you haven't applied it.
  • I have to use "mark as sent" on invoices that I won't actually send (because they track money made through platforms) or they don't show up in my reports.
  • The estimates feature is kind of hard to figure out so I just don't use it.
Zoho Invoice is well suited for any business, regardless of size, that needs to have a way to create invoices with hourly or flat rates. It's easy to create and archive projects. It also integrates into their other tools, including Zoho Projects. Zoho is great for businesses who want to accept online payments.You can use PayPal, Stripe, and a few others. Clients can also pay via ACH. It lets you know when a payment is processing AND when it clears.

I believe that it would not be well suited in instances where a company creates lots of credit notes (because from the invoice screen the credit will appear to grow, but when you check active credit notes, it is the right amount) or estimates (I can't figure out how to use this feature).
Read Robin Bull's full review
Paul Ellul profile photo
August 29, 2018

Zoho Invoice Review: "Zoho Recovers Lost Money! Why Wouldn't You Use It?!"

Zoho is used by our billing department to handle past balance due invoices.
  • The user interface is as good as it gets. It's very easy to navigate and all the pages load fast.
  • Allows us to keep track of revenue rescued as a result of using Zoho.
  • Automates the process of emailing and sending physical mailing notices to customers with unpaid invoices.
  • The most common issue we have is the regular need to manually update addresses, i.e. customer has moved, or there is a typo in a street name, etc. It would be great for Zoho to automate (whenever able to) help in finding these addresses.
Zoho shines for invoicing customers who have one off or occasional charges. It is not ideal for maintaining invoices for a subscription service where subscribers have flexibility to upgrade, downgrade, and cancel directly.
Read Paul Ellul's full review
Tom Wondra profile photo
May 21, 2018

Zoho Invoice Review: "Ease of use meets Solid functionality - at this price point"

• Time tracking. Zoho invoice makes it super easy to track time and hours against specific clients and specific tasks.
  • Unbilled / billed time reporting. Zoho Invoice gives a dashboard view of hours yet to be billed, which helps keep on top of invoicing so nothing is missed.
  • Reporting. Zoho Invoice offers a robust reporting module for the price point. Canned reports can be customized easily.
  • Invoice sending and tracking. Zoho Invoice makes it easy to create and send invoices. Invoices are easy to clone, which makes creating regular, repeatable invoices a snap.
  • Time tracking, though easy enough, could be simplified. Having the ability to change default settings when entering time could save a few keystrokes.
  • The ability to automatically take unbilled hours and pull into a new invoice seems to be there, but it is a bit cumbersome. It also defaults to too much detail. Having the ability to customize would be great.
  • The ability to auto-BCC yourself on all invoices sent out would be a nice feature.
I've used it for engagements with one consultant on a client engagement, as well as multiple consultants on a client project. In both cases, it works great. I've used it for hourly billing, as well as fixed weekly pricing. Again, works great for both. It really is easy and intuitive to use, and so easy to get started. Zoho Invoice works great, especially for the price, for smaller organizations. I can't speak to SMB or larger organizations.
Read Tom Wondra's full review
Sean Foo profile photo
May 04, 2018

Zoho Invoice Review: "Great For The Basics, Just The Basics"

• Very simple interface and intuitive to use
  • Good cheap pricing for the basic functions of invoicing.
  • Simple integrations with payment portals which are key.
  • Very easy to select currencies and create contacts.
  • It is hard to properly fix up a followup invoicing email sequence
  • Once you set a currency for a particular contact, trying to change it is hard - you will need to remove and redo the whole procedure making it a hassle
  • Lack of advanced features such as reporting.
Very useful for startups and lean small businesses to quickly get payments and verify a business idea. However, once you scale, it might be better to get a different platform with advanced reporting features.
Read Sean Foo's full review
//Roland Matte profile photo
February 24, 2017

Review: "Zoho Invoice brings real bang for the buck!"

• Invoicing clients
  • Taking and processing payments
  • Tracking accounts receivable
  • Tracking expenses
  • Not much to think of...we really like it
Works well to track your outstanding fees...
Read //Roland Matte's full review
Alexis Correa profile photo
February 17, 2017

Zoho Invoice Review: "No more papers. Welcome to the digital invoicing"

We use zoho Invoice to create quotes, invoices and for controlling the finances of the company. It's being used by one department and I can measure the productivity of the sellers and calculate their commissions. We were looking for something to replace papers and zoho invoice was the solution.
  • Reminders of pending payments.
  • Recurring invoices.
  • A personal customer portal. All customers love this.
  • Notifications of payments received.
  • Easy configuration of design and e-mail templates.
  • When the customer/prospect open an email with a quote, the system doesn't detect it.
  • The payments received does not reference the invoice (I mean on the digital copy).
  • The possibility to add an image on products.
Zoho Invoice for a personal or business presentation is excellent. You can create quotes for many clients and have control of everything you send. Providing access to the portal to both, clients and potential customers, is a way to attract more for the seriousness you give to that person. I didn't have a problem trying to use or implement Zoho Invoice.
Read Alexis Correa's full review
September 09, 2016

Zoho Invoice Review: "Simple and easy to implement"

We use Zoho invoice to process credit card receipts for our distribution as we didn't find another application that really met our needs.
  • Allows us to send a quote, which automatically turns in an invoice.
  • That invoice can be paid by the client.
  • Quoting is somewhat limited in functionality (for example, volume discounts by customer cannot be added but rather an entire duplicate price list has to be created).
  • Seamless integration with accounting software does not exist (we have yet to figure out how to get information into our accounting package efficiently).
  • Credit card information cannot be saved by clients.
  • Cannot connect Zoho Invoice to more than one merchant account (reducing capabilities of foreign currency transactions).
If you need a solution that turns quotes into invoices and you need credit cards processed, linking Zoho Invoice to your merchant account is easy. It's not particularly good if you have challenges allocating resources to get transactions into accounting software.

Zoho Invoice Scorecard Summary

About Zoho Invoice

Zoho Invoice is an online invoicing solution that helps small business owners and freelancers take care of their invoicing and cashflow. Users can personalize their invoices with invoice templates and send professional looking invoices. Additionally, users can connect to their preferred payment gateway and accept card payments from their customers. Users can also log or track time on the web app or their mobile app and bill their clients for time spent on projects.