Review of Adobe Analytics
Michelle Bernardini | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 26, 2020

Review of Adobe Analytics

Overall Satisfaction with Adobe Analytics

Our internal analytics team uses Adobe Analytics to support clients who wish to evaluate site or media performance to inform marketing campaigns. It helps us understand how much traffic a given website is getting, what those visitors are doing on those sites, as well as what tactics drive people there. It helps us also understand how much key content on a site is resonating with visitors, in order to drive optimizations to that content over time.
  • Enables end-to-end view of digital performance.
  • Integrates well with other Adobe products for deeper data views and insights.
  • Harder to teach others how to use than Googles Analytics.
  • Implementation requires more technical expertise.
  • Ability to support and inform our client.
  • Ability to expand skill set across team to drive up organic business.
Adobe Analytics is a more sophisticated tool than Google Analytics, especially because of its integration with other Adobe products. While Google Analytics is easier to use, implement, and train others on, specific organizations prefer Adobe Analytics because of data privacy reasons and the ability to own data. At the end of the day, our business supports both products, but if we were to provide a recommendation to a client, we could advise implementing Adobe Analytics because of the enterprise impact and cross-product access using it would provide. However, we advise that if any custom dashboarding is required, that this be considered in the decision, as many products (Tableau, Google Data Studio etc.) more easily integrate with Google Analytics.
I am not familiar with the support services for Google Analytics as I have never personally used them. I have however attended Adobe specific training sessions which I found comprehensive and useful for getting up to speed as a user and a beginner. I would recommend this type of course for other new users.

Do you think Adobe Analytics delivers good value for the price?

Are you happy with Adobe Analytics's feature set?

Did Adobe Analytics live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of Adobe Analytics go as expected?

Would you buy Adobe Analytics again?

Adobe Analytics should be utilized in situations where a business is looking to obtain digital data, but requires more privacy and ownership of that data than Google Analytics is able to provide. It should be used in scenarios where the business has internal teams or external partners with the expertise to implement the tool from a technical perspective. It should also be used if a business would like a wide suite of products/capabilities that Adobe is able to provide, to allow for easy access and integration.