Carbonite Endpoint 360 Reviews

Derek Schroeder | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 14, 2020

Carbonite Endpoint 360: comprehensively extending retention and backup of Office 365

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Carbonite Endpoint 360 is a great solution to extend the built-in 30 day backup of Office 365 and the system as a whole. It works well with Exchange Online as well as SharePoint, Teams, and OneDrive. It works as a solution for granular restoration as well as entire system restoration. The backup system is automatic and very easy to manage.
Read Derek Schroeder's full review
John Watson | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 17, 2020

Continuous Backup in the Background Reducing Risk

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Carbonite is our company-wide cloud back-up system. As we are a growing SME more and more tools like this are being implemented, not all of them make sense, but this one does. It works quietly in the background backing up files continuously...it doesn't get in the way and requires no actions by the user once the IT department have uploaded it to your computer. It was not so long ago somebody had to go each day to the server room and make a daily backup on tape....this is quite an upgrade which ultimately pays for itself in the end with time saved and risk reduced.
Read John Watson's full review
February 14, 2020

Carbonite is well worth the money!

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

It is used across the entire organization. We have purchased new computers and with Carbonite Endpoint 360, we have been able to backup and move all the files entirely and very quickly. Also, one employee had their computer wiped and had to reinstall everything. With Carbonite we were able to install everything easily.
Todd Frazier | TrustRadius Reviewer

Best bang for your buck

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We implemented this backup solution and had 1.5TB of data to be backed up and we are now on week 6 of still sending data to the cloud. Hopefully, it will be completed within the next two weeks so if you have a large amount of data on a normal GB network expect two months to get all your data upload unless you spend the additional money to procure their appliance that you have to install on your network. This will definitely speed up your upload process but is an additional cost and device you have to manage. Once our backup of the data completes to the cloud incremental backups will be sent up which will not be as time-consuming.
Read Todd Frazier's full review
October 04, 2019

Reliable backup for your important data

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

This is my primary back up software. There is a lot of critical data on my laptop that I just cannot afford to lose in case of a hardware failure. I also used Google Drive for backup but I felt that it was not really the optimal solution for multiple reasons (specific automation being the primary one). Carbonite works better because you can automate it to suit your specific requirements. Currently, I have it creating incremental backups at a regular interval to the cloud. It is almost a fire-and forget solution. You set it up once to make automatic backups and after that, it runs quietly in the background without needing constant supervision.
October 04, 2019

Carbonite Endpoint : Convenient Data Integrity, Privacy Cost?

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Carbonite Endpoint is currently being used to protect key users critical to business continuity. We are utilizing the remote backup, global de-duplication and remote wipe, and device tracking features. As we evaluate its effectiveness in our business, we are looking to roll it out to our entire user base. However, our initial pilot has been quite positive, enabling us to easily recover seemingly lost files for frustrated users. We have yet to exercise some of the other features but expect to do so before we conclude our pilot.
October 02, 2019

Carbonite Endpoint Review

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Carbonite Endpoint is being used on 3 specific departments where data protection is essential due to the fact end users work remotely and where other solutions we have in place fail to do what we need.
July 27, 2019

Carbonite Rocks for Fast & Easy Backups!

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use Carbonite for backing up executive and other key user workstations. We previously used it for backing up server data and system states on the servers. It now provides us with very fast recovery if an upper management laptop hard drive crashes.
Namrata D | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 02, 2019

Excellent "fire and forget" backup tool.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We have been using this as our primary data backup software for a while now. We initially started with a short trial and were really impressed. It is really easy to automate your backups and that is what we are doing. It was also really easy to set up and deploy. Our initial worries were that it would be too complicated to automate it, but their interface was really simple and it selected the most common default options (which worked perfectly for us) by itself. We started initially with the primary (most critical) data on a single computer and since then we have moved all of our PC's under the cloud.

The few occasions we had to contact their support team, we had a really great experience with them. They were knowledgeable and were able to resolve our problem pretty quickly.
Read Namrata D's full review
Ruby Javaid | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 29, 2019

Basic backup service but little customization for file types

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I use Carbonite to back up all of my files and data on my business computer. Previously, I had been using Mozy which I LOVED, and Mozy was recently acquired by Carbonite, so I am now using that. Backups have saved my business from losing all of its data at least once before when I had a complete hard drive failure. And it's made moving my data from one computer to another a breeze as well.
Read Ruby Javaid's full review
Sunery Yang | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 26, 2018

Carbonite Realtime Replication Solution

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Carbonite is a powerful migration and replication solution that really help my partners to help their customers. Carbonite provides an end-to-end data protection and synchronizes real-time with zero data loss and fewer downtimes.
Read Sunery Yang's full review
Nathan Venno | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 14, 2017

Decent backup but keep an eye on it

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Carbonite was used here to backup servers and a few C-Level individuals. I needed a backup solution that was simple, easy to use and deploy and provided a comprehensive dashboard that allowed me to see my environment. This did all those things and worked pretty well. I would not use it again as it's alerting system left something to be desired.
Read Nathan Venno's full review
Rob Rotundo | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 18, 2017

Carbonite - Go To Backup for Small Non-Domain Businesses

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Carbonite is a cheaper alternative for smaller businesses who may not be in a domain environment and want to backup data offsite. It's nice to know there are cheaper options. It's fairly stable and support for it is good. Most places implement it on a particular PC, and not company wide. Perhaps a PC that has critical data on it. This is where it comes into play for a smaller business.
Read Rob Rotundo's full review
Mahmoud Dahy | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 05, 2017

Carbonite is great for backups

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I use Carbonite for work these days. My company has been using Carbonite to backup our files for the past four years. Carbonite has been a lifesaver for many of our employees who have lost their files. I recently upgraded my hard drive and wanted a clean copy of my files so I asked Carbonite to send me a hard drive with all my files. The process was smooth and straightforward.
Read Mahmoud Dahy's full review
Robb Glietz | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 15, 2017

Carbonite for the win for multi reasons

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

The primary use of Carbonite is to back up our Database; Carbonite grabs the data from our SQL Database then puts it on a NAS device and then during the middle of the night it grabs that data and fires it off to the Carbonite cloud for storage.
The second use is we have several computers in remote locations that we back up on a constant basis.
Read Robb Glietz's full review
Nathanial Holt | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 31, 2017

Carbonite for peace of mind

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use Carbonite to keep our computers backed up so we never have to worry about anything we are working on for clients. We try to keep as many backups as possible and it's reassuring that it's backed up off-site.
Read Nathanial Holt's full review
Sean Ursulo | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 28, 2016

My honest review of Carbonite for Business

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use carbonite for our mobile employees that are out of the office often or are working remotely. Because they are not in the office during regular onsite backup hours, we use Carbonite to backup their systems to ensure we do not lose any of the critical data that our employees are storing locally.
Read Sean Ursulo's full review
Tina Cline | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 23, 2016

Carbonite great cloud storage

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Carbonite is a great way to make sure your backups are done for your personal or business environment. Cloud storage assures you the data is available for disaster recovery.
Read Tina Cline's full review
December 22, 2017

Carbonite Review

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We are a reseller of Carbonite. It is an easy to use a cost-effective product to backup your data. For a user wanting to back up their personal data, it is a great fit. Restoration is straightforward and quick (depending on download speed). We do not recommend this for business-critical data or system state, SQL databases or Exchange.
April 05, 2017

Peace of Mind from Carbonite

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Many employees use it to ensure that we won't lose data during a computer crash. It is also helpful to be able to access our backed up files remotely (i.e. from my phone.)
September 19, 2016

Carbonite

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Carbonite is being used by remote users and those in small offices for data backups and to increase data accessibility. This allows us to switch out the hardware they use without worrying about data loss.

About Carbonite Endpoint 360

Carbonite Endpoint 360 provides an enterprise-grade backup solution for all endpoints, including mobile devices or devices spread across a distributed enterprise network.