https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/MN/iq/16LI51J5UVJL.PNGDaptiv - end user thoughts on time/task tracking.Daptiv is being used as a time tracking tool for project management. Each project team member is expected to log time spent on assigned project tasks on a daily basis. It is also being used to track productivity in certain departments as a time management tool.,Customize tasks to each project or user group. Roll up reporting available for project sponsors and department managers. End user friendly if set up correctly.,Can be time consuming to complete daily for end user if assigned to multiple projects. When setting up tasks, there are endless numbers of items that can be listed. Sometimes too much detail!,7,Better resource allocation based on time tracking. Better customer service in call center functions based on call type tracking.,,200,2,Department productivity tracking Project task time tracking,Mini studies on time management across a broad range of end users.,Properly allocating resources and budgeting hours in hundreds of nursing homes across the country.,8Daptiv - An Excellent Collaboration Tool for Project Management and Beyond...Daptiv is an extremely versatile tool and can be used for an array of solutions from timesheets to document repositories and more complex to track projects from inception through deployment and warranty. Daptiv is a very straightforward tool allowing users to jump right in with little to no training. It addition to its use a a respository, Daptiv is also capable of sending email notifications to various resources or distribution lists notifying them that a document has been added and they have been granted access. In the same breath, documents may be attached to projects making it a one stop shop for anyone utilizing the tool collaboratively.,One piece of functionality I would like to see improved is attaching multiple documents at the same time. During my role governing the Change Review Board, I would use Daptiv to submit change requests and when approved through email exchange, I would attach multiple approval emails to the change request. This was a tedious and manual effort as there were as many as eight emails to attach all one by one. It would be excellent if Daptiv could be used to generate burndowns for project planning purposes.,Daptiv provided the ability for multiple teams to collaborate effectively increasing the overall productivity of the organization and project tracking. Daptiv was effectively used to understand resource allocation and appropriately and efficiently assign resources to various tasks. It was both simple for the person assigning the resource and the actual resources themselves to understand how many hours would be allocated and to what projects.,9,10Angela @ YMCADaptiv is used by a select few within our organization for project management for our tactical and strategic plan.,It is a good project managmenet tool. Track tasks and timelines.,Time consuming to track all details.,4,Better reporting to board. Task management. Goal tracking.,,6Daptiv PM reporting for large scale projectsFlexible Reporting tools Good Customer Service/Support Team Monthly Tech Talks to discuss new features Easy and intuitive project management for users,Reporting requires a fairly proficient level of Cognos expertise ProjectTransit tool did not work well within the company's systems although we met technical requirements DaptivConnec is a useful and flexible tool, but required a great deal of help from Daptiv consultants to actually set up and maintain,Positive - easier to streamline Project Management Processes Negative - user resistance to change,8,9,Yes,9,Yes,There were some bugs in report scheduling. The team manually managed our report scheduling for months and checked in that the reports were getting to the appropriate parties,Basic Project Management Dynamic Applications Dashboarding,Report Studio Report Writing DaptivConnect,Yes,8Daptiv - solid toolWe use Daptiv within one branch of our organization for Project and portfolio management and time tracking. We use it for project tracking and status reporting at the project and entire portfolio level, and do resource management. We have ~225 users.,Daptiv provides one location for consistent information about ALL our projects to support executive reporting Daptiv is very customizable to support your business processes and language Daptiv has improved the usability of their resource planning ability recently and this is increasingly a strength.,The Daptiv UI has seen some significant improvements recently that were long in coming. However I am still waiting for more that are on their plan. Lack of ability to customize what appears on specific screens or to add hover over help for less experienced users make it a difficult sell for some of our occasional users. Daptiv comes with Cognos reports that does allow reporting against all the data elements. However the lack of ability to extract data in any form other than an emailed report significantly limits the ability to interface with the data. Changes to many of the data elements are not tracked to who made changes and when. Access to data elements is at a very broad level making it difficult to allow third party users to use the tool with limited access.,8,Daptiv has allow my organization to get a closer handle on ALL the projects that are taking place. We can now tell where our development groups' work is going.,Microsoft Project Server,Skype for Business,230,3,Time tracking Project approval Project status tracking Resource requesting and management,We have worked with our vendor to support their resource planning even though they are not time tracking in the system,We would like to better integrate with our Agile teams We would like to make use of the reporting upgrade that is coming to improve our executive dashboard,10,No,7,Yes,UI would not be Daptiv strong point so not sure that I would describe any parts as elegant but I would say that the new Project resource plan is very complete and usable.,Profile updates should be very simple - not that they are particularly difficult but they are not simple,5,10,10Is Daptiv right for your OrganizationDaptiv is used as our primary portfolio and project management tool. It is used to track project, task, risk, and issue progress. It is also used as the source of record for resource allocation. The tool is used throughout all locations within our organization. The reporting module is used across the enterprise for both HR and project reporting.,Resource allocation, when fully integrated provides a in depth view of what everyone is working on, as well as their availability. Portfolio reporting provides a good view of where all projects are at in their lifecycle. Time tracking is simple to use.,The product becomes slow when used at an enterprise level. Reporting studio is cumbersome and difficult to use. Standard resource management reports do not run out of the box with mid sized enterprises. The product does not fit well with Agile projects out of the box.,1,Daptiv provides insight into portfolio status. Daptiv reporting is to slow to use, as such we have to export our data into a tool that is easier to use. Daptiv report studio does not work with the latest browsers.,,600,2,Portfolio Management Time Entry Reporting,Adapted to be used with Agile product development Data exports for reporting in external tools Developed multiple custom applications within the tool.,Resource allocation reporting Risk Management Problem Management,5,Implemented in-house,Change management was minimal,user training report development rganization setup,5,Task Management Project Management Time Entry,Reporting Task Management Team Manager,Yes,4,10Useful Tool for Time ManagementMy communications department uses Daptiv to bill our work - we enter projects and tasks and the amount of time worked on each; this is how we show how we spent our days working as well as how we bill our customers.,Time management - it's a great tool for tracking time spent working on different projects. Reports - I love being able to run a report at the end of the year to see how much time I spent on specific projects, how many projects I completed, and how many types of projects I worked on. This really helps me write my annual review.,Search function - Sometimes I have a hard time locating previous projects that are closed out that I need to go back into. This could be something that I need more training in to learn how to better name my projects. Multiple people per task - When more than one person is assigned to a task, it would be nice to have a way to close the task for one person without the entire task closing.,7,Better customer service - In Daptiv I can easily track the amount of time I worked on a project, so I can then tell my client accurately how much time I spent. Effectively managing budgets - When I know I need to stick to a certain budget on a project, I can carefully plan and be aware of my time and money spent in Daptiv.,,100,9,Don't knowYour projects - Daptiv styleIt allows flexibility to leadership to forecast better time frames on projects. One place to house all projects that will show progress, cost, etc. It lets users know who is working on what project and time availability they might have to assist on other projects.,Unless you allow users to have more access only a select few can generate necessary reports. This does take up some time by users with higher security. Cannot customize for your company logo.,8,Daptiv allows you to keep a close eye on resource allocation that will help with employee work and time allowed for them on all projects. Daptiv tracks all projects and so this allows leadership to keep a better control on what projects can take priority that will impact end customers.,10Great product, though could not solve our particular issue.We brought Daptiv in to help solve a particular problem. We wanted a tool that could ingest a Microsoft Project file then output a schedule in a customized format. It was used at the team level for managing day to day work. A subset of the whole organization.,Supported a customized implementation. In my review I explain that ultimately they were not able to meet our needs, but the level of effort they made to try and accommodate was terrific. We were assigned a technologist that worked with us on site to try and customize the tool to suit our needs. I feel the tool itself, at the time of us using it had potential to be great for the standard Project Management Organization.,Found the user interface to be a bit clunky at the time we were using it.,7,Ultimately the product was not able to solve our specific problem in a way that we could use and still be efficient. We hired an employee to do the work of translating schedules to a web view.,1Daptiv reviewDaptiv is used by the Information Technology department for project management, portfolio management, resource management. The intended purpose is for project administration and make sure that projects are executed within time, established resources and budget.,Reporting ability,Automatic percentage allocation to resources is problematic,7,Making sure people are working on the right thing at the right time,7Daptiv - An Efficient Project Management ToolAbility to create generic project plan templates Ability to alert users when their tasks is reaching its deadline Ability to search for projects using keywords,The ability to revise the dates within the generic project plan template should be simpler and easier to implement The discussion tabs should be easier to access Announcements should be sent whenever tabs have changed their locations or names,The ability of Daptiv to produce generic project plan templates leads to greater efficiency The ability of Daptiv to produce reports on an ad-hoc basis leads to greater efficiency The ability of Daptiv to notify employees when project has passed its deadline increases employee efficiency which leads to better customer servce.,8,8Daptiv ReviewFrom an administrative point of view, the platform was easy to configure for the organization we were supporting. Daptiv professional services assisted with conversion from another product and were able to match nearly all of the customized fields and security features available in the other product. This made acceptance and conversion as smooth as possible. From the project manager and contributor point of view, Daptiv allowed easier access to track and monitor tasks. Portfolios were setup to oversee the work executed under each department. Time entry and approval processes allowed accurate tracking of hours spent across all lines of business. From the executive reporting point of view, Cognos sits on top of the Daptiv data model, which allows report designers the capability to extract information in any format to produce reports, dashboards and ad-hoc analysis.,Although Daptiv professional services were helpful during our conversion efforts, the team seemed lacking in following an establish process and methodology, leaving much of the requirements gathering process up to others to produce without much in the way of advice or guidance. The resource management module was not initially rolled out for our organization. The interface to those functions seemed overly complex and non-intuitive. The large learning curve, business process re-design and training effort was too costly and time consuming for the organization to absorb at the time.,The key point for this organization was the retirement of a costly, on-site hosted client-server platform called Rational Portfolio Manager. IBM abandoned support of the product in 2008 and the system was on its last legs. This was replaced by Daptiv's SaaS model. The result alleviated all maintenance and reliability issues, providing a platform that was easier to use and greatly improved reporting capabilities.,7,7Daptiv - Give it a try!Daptiv is a great tool for managing projects, resources and timesheets. We were easily able to allocate resources to tasks and keep track of how much time our employees spent working on various assignments. Status reports can be easily created with the report builder tool and can also be setup for automatic email delivery to internal and external stakeholders. The tool is easy to use and new employees can catch on rather quickly. The simple interface allows us to create quick user guides that we use for training and support.,We often had slow performance from the system due to the large number of users we had accessing the tool. Daptiv could improve on the access they provide to administrators. Would be nice to have access to our data in backend database tables so that we could easily make mass updates to user accounts and projects.,Our employees are able to manage tasks, issues, risks, timesheets, and documents all in one location which has increased efficiency. Resource Management functionality allows our organization to properly allocate resources to projects and give management an overall view of our IT staffing needs.,9,9Daptiv - It works for meIt is easy to use and easy to teach others to use. It supports accounting and finance better than other systems I have used. The different resource views are very useful for traffic management.,I could only schedule resources weekly and not daily. The latest version would not allow me to import project plans from ms project as the previous version had. It only worked well in IE and was not supported for mobile when I used it.,It helped us to plan for additional resource needs. We could easily measure work capacity for any resource and then negotiate based on project priority. The ability to measure projected versus actuals helped us to stay on track.,6,7
Daptiv

Daptiv Reviews

Daptiv

Showing 14 of 20 Daptiv ratings and reviews.

Do you use this product? Write a Review
Diana Ruggiano profile photo
January 07, 2014

Daptiv - An Excellent Collaboration Tool for Project Management and Beyond...

Likelihood to Renew

I had the privilege of using Daptiv during my tenure in the Ebay Enterprise PMO. Using the tool benefited me as an individual but also provided extraordinary benefits to the organization in which I worked and also at an enterprise level. While my current place of employment does not utilize Daptiv, I have suggested we look into it for various aspects of the work we do for product launches within our Release Management Organization. It is my hope that a long term solution may allow Daptiv into this workplace as well as its benefits are great and vast.
Read Diana Ruggiano's full review
Angela Oglesby profile photo
January 18, 2014

Angela @ YMCA

Likelihood to Renew

This is extremely helpful as I said for reporting to our board at meetings, and different times of the year. I'd say more than a handful use it here at the national level and it is up to our IT dept to renew and track how much it is being used.
Read Angela Oglesby's full review
March 02, 2015

Useful Tool for Time Management

Likelihood to Renew

I do not have the power to renew Daptiv at my office, but I think we will continue using it because everyone already has it in use at my office, and we have made recent upgrades to it to make it more useful for our office as a whole.
December 04, 2014

Your projects - Daptiv style

Likelihood to Renew

Overall it is a very good program. I continue to say that it allows all projects in one place, allows users to know what is going on without spending time in project update meetings, and is an easy system to use.
January 16, 2014

Great product, though could not solve our particular issue.

Likelihood to Renew

As previously mentioned, we were not able to get the product to solve our particular problem. After time spent implementing a custom solution, it was the decision of the executive team to discontinue the agreement. The costs of training the team didn't outweigh the cost of hiring an employee to do the translation of schedules to web view.
January 09, 2014

Daptiv Review

Likelihood to Renew

All PPM tools have their good and bad points. The Daptiv platform does Project, Portfolio and Time & Expense Management extremely well and is easy to configure. Resource and Demand Management remains a challenge for this as well as with other tools.
January 09, 2014

Daptiv - Give it a try!

Likelihood to Renew

Overall, Daptiv is a great product that allows for everything to easily be kept in one location. The system is great because the various account permission options allow us to have our external clients in the tool, engaged in our projects, without granting them access to our sensitive internal information. Our company considers Daptiv our system of record and we have no intentions of going elsewhere!
January 08, 2014

Daptiv - It works for me

Likelihood to Renew

It was not as flexible as I would have liked and did not allow me to schedule resources by the day.

Task Management (4)
Scheduling (2)
Workflow Automation (3)
4.0
Team Collaboration (4)
Support for Agile Methodology (2)
3.9
Support for Waterfall Methodology (2)
Document Management (3)
6.5
Email integration (2)
Mobile Access (1)
Timesheet Tracking (3)
9.5
Change request and Case Management (1)
Budget and Expense Management (3)
Quotes/estimates (1)
Invoicing (1)
Project & financial reporting (2)

About Daptiv

Daptiv is a cloud-based project portfolio management (PPM) solution that is now owned by Changepoint in Ontario. Daptiv PPM covers diverse needs like Portfolio Management, Project Management, Resource Management and Office Management functionalities to larger business enterprises across diverse industries, and therefore offers a wide range of features achieving this, such as a resource load charts (e.g. Gantt charts), an easy to use DeskDocs feature for instant file uploading from a computer, a private messaging system as well as the more standard activity stream, a choice of five templates to give a structure to the platform to suit industry needs, integration with various programs and apps (Microsoft Office, Salesforce.com) and email, and many more. Other core functionalities of Daptiv include Work Intelligence, Financial Management, Team Collaboration and Security Administration. It supports four languages (English, French, German, Spanish).

Pricing is dependent on number of users. More advanced reporting features can be had at an additional cost. Implementation support is available.

Daptiv Competitors