AESOP fills in for Teachers

April 11, 2019

Simple to use

January 26, 2019

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Frontline HCM (Aesop Online), and make your voice heard!

Sorry, this product's description is unavailable

5 people want pricing too

What is Oracle PeopleSoft HCM?

Oracle's PeopleSoft HCM is a complete, customizable suite including Global Core Human Capital Management, Workforce Management, Workforce Service Delivery, and Talent Management. PeopleSoft can be integrated to run on the Oracle Cloud.

What is Oracle Cloud HCM?

Oracle Cloud HCM combines various human resources operations, such as Core HR functions, talent management, and workforce management, within one platform. The Cloud program provides global scaling and prioritizes mobile accessibility and integration.

What is Frontline HCM (Aesop Online)?

Frontline HCM (Aesop Online) Technical Details

I use Frontline to help track upcoming absences and scheduling changes. Frontline helps manage when employees have days off by serving as a cohesive calendar from Human Resources to all employees at the organization. I also use Frontline to mark when I will be using vacation time, sick time, or other types of absences. This is then viewable to Human Resources and other administrators.
  • Absence management for administrators to view.
  • Scheduling for staff.
  • Viewable calendars for future planning.
  • No recurring schedules that can be added.
  • No integration with Google Calendar.
Frontline is great for making sure that absences are reported to management and Human Resources. It is helpful for scheduling subs to fill in, as well as seeing upcoming dates where employees do not have to come to work. Frontline is well-suited for an easy-to-use scheduling system. As it isn't a complex program, there isn't a lot that can go wrong with it. However, if you're looking for something more robust and with better integration with other platforms, you might want to look elsewhere.
Eric Melnyczenko | TrustRadius Reviewer
We utilize Aesop for our employee attendance and substitute teacher tracking. Employees had their absences into the system and substitutes are contacted to fulfill those assignments. We also utilize the system to send out mass communications to our substitute teaching pool. We then integrate the data from Aesop into our HRIS/Business office software.
  • Employee absence tracking
  • Substitute teacher calling
  • Easy-to-use web interface
  • Reporting - WAY TOO cumbersome. I went through certification training on using the system and still have difficulty running reports.
  • Weird way of reporting when a substitute declines an assignment (Phone log shows call as "aborted")
  • No option to roll calendar over year to year
The system does what it is designed to do: track employee absences and set up a system to call substitutes. For the price that we pay, I would think that we would get a lot more out of the system, but that's not the case. The report writer feature is way too cumbersome. You have to know exactly what type of report you want to run and then insert the specific fields you want. There are not reports that are pre-done that you can just click on with the information you are looking for. You have to create those yourself, which takes a lot of trial and error to get what you're looking for.
We are a K-12 charter school and we use Frontline HCM for our substitute teacher management. This is an efficient and easy way for our employees to submit a request for a sub. Frontline also helps us track and monitor our sub usage. We use Frontline almost daily and it has been extremely beneficial to our organization.
  • Tracking.
  • User-Friendly.
  • Flexible.
  • Integrate with other systems.
  • Easier setup.
Each morning, I run a report out of our absence management system to see who is absent each day. I am able to log into Frontline and quickly see who has their absence filled with a sub and who hasn't. I can also run a report that is easy for me to paste onto my other reports. We use another system for absence management and so it is tough to have our employees need to use two different systems when entering time off. This is why it would be helpful for Frontline to be integrated with other systems.
Frontline Absence Management is used to manage employee absences and substitute assignments. It allows managers to view the vacations and hours and approve accordingly.
  • Interfaces with our business system
  • Understandable interface
  • Nothing comes to mind
Many school districts use/have used Frontline (Aesop). It is easy to manage and employees like it. We have many substitutes and because other districts also use it, there is a consistency with the different districts that is helpful to subs.
Frontline Absence Management (formerly Aesop) is used by all of our teacher staff, classroom instructional assistants, nurses, and some contractual employees that are partnered one-on-one with special education students. Frontline Absence Management (formerly Aesop) is excellent in finding qualified substitutes via multiple avenues where substitutes can job shop (internet), jobulator (push notifications to subs phone), and make phone calls.
  • Intuitive/easy-to-use screens
  • Reporting capabilities
  • Customer service is excellent
  • Reporting--reports created by Frontline Absence Management (formerly Aesop) cannot be modified by our system admins
Frontline Absence Management (formerly Aesop) is only one module of the Frontline suite of products we use. Integration between them is good but could be better. Frontline Absence Management (formerly Aesop) is very robust and has handled 95% of the things we throw at it, even though we are K-12, we have an obscure setup at times. We've had to use an API to replace a limitation of the reporting process on one of our exports. Their documentation of the system (including APIs) is excellent.
Our business uses this product to assist with managing employee absences. It also alleviates the need for any one individual to be in charge of finding substitute teachers for those who are not able to be at school. With this, our district can make sure absences are covered as well as manage who will fill absences within the district.
  • Provides coverage for employee absences.
  • Notifies teachers and administrators in changes in coverage.
  • Manages absence banks.
  • Tracks absences with or without needed substitutes.
  • Easy to use interface.
  • User support mainly through organization, not Aesop/Frontline.
  • Change in interface occurs without walk-through of new features to follow.
  • Account recovery can be challenging.
Within our school district, getting in contact with administrators around the clock can be challenging and unrealistic. Through the use of Frontline, employees can submit absences at any time of the day or night. This also allows substitutes to accept jobs as soon as absences are submitted. This may not be as well suited for employee absences that do not require someone to fill the position immediately.
Due to our organization having its own page, the support needed from Aesop or Frontline has been limited. However, individuals who need support from this site have found their interactions with tech support to be quick and easy. Frontline employee responses are timely and very helpful, providing quick and knowledgeable support.
It is currently used by Washtenaw County to manage Teacher assignments for the school week which runs from Monday thru Friday with the odd weekend day. In theory it is supposed to allow the user to look at available assignments based on their calendar which tracks open days versus reserved days. It also allows for a Global View looking at all Districts that you have permission to teach at.
  • Updates calendar immediately with open days
  • Sends a confirmation email based on activity
  • Allows the end user to contact the school / district with any questions
  • Will remove canceled assignments immediately so that you can be considered for new assignments
  • Not very intuitive
  • The Portal is cumbersome
  • You have to remember to save everything
  • It times out immediately if it does not detect any activity
Frontline handles basic activity very well, but it cannot handle more difficult scenarios such as swapping out assignments. For example, if a Teacher has an assignment and then that assignment gets canceled by the school due to snow, ice, or a facility issue such as loss of power, the end-user loses that day of pay. Frontline does not offer a global view so that assignments can be swapped.
Internal support is provided by EDU Staff based out of Grand Rapids. Whenever I have had an issue they are very responsive to my needs. For instance, there may be conflicts in the amount of money that was listed for the contract. There may be questions about the length of an assignment such as 1/2 day, full day, or early dismissal. The school will sometimes enter the wrong information. Very good IT support, but sometimes you are on hold for 5 to 10 minutes because they do not have enough workers in their Call Center
As a teacher, we have personal days, sick days, professional days, field trips, compassionate care, bereavement day, etc. Frontline Absence Management allows me to enter my days from anywhere (my phone in an emergency or my work laptop) and keeps track of the type of absence that I have taken along with the days I have remaining. Because educators and support staff have so many different options, Frontline streams the process and keeps track of my bank for me. Also, because a teacher must submit an absence prior to the day, Frontline allows me to do it from anywhere at any time. In the old days, we had to call substitute service during their business hours.
  • Anywhere, anytime access
  • Keeps track of days taken
  • Allows notes to my administrator and/or substitute
  • Would like to choose or request a specific substitute
  • Honestly, the system works great!
Frontline Absence Management is easily accessible and efficient to use. I like that I can log in from anywhere at any time and create an absence. In an emergency situation, that is key as a teacher must always generate an absence no matter what is the reason. I also think it is beneficial that Frontline keeps track of my bank of absences in each of the categories so I no longer have to do that for myself. Overall, this system beats the old days of calling the substitute service!
Frontline is an excellent product that our staff finds very useful.
Meg Inscoe | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it across the whole Floyd County School System for teachers to post absences and assign substitutes. I love that I can do it from my phone or on the computer. My coworkers and I like that it shows our absence balances as well as favorite substitutes whom we can assign. It makes it easy to report an absence either the morning of or months in advance!
  • It’s easy to use on your mobile phone or computer.
  • It allows you to leave feedback on subs and see how others rated them.
  • I would like to see an app.
  • Some of my co-workers have had issues assigning a sub when using the website on their phone.
It is well suited whether you are planning to be absent months in advance and need to contact a sub ahead of time or if you wake up sick the morning of work and need to post an absence immediately. Subs can use it to look for openings they can fill.
Every time I’ve contacted customer service, they’ve been very helpful.
Frontline is being used across the district with over 500 employees. They use it to record an absence, set up sub coverage, and put in for a personal day.
  • It's easy to access via the website. Employees can manage it from anywhere they have access.
  • Easy to set up up recurring absences, such as multiple conference dates.
  • Allows employees to keep track of absences and see days left.
  • It can be difficult to set up recurring absences.
  • There is a cut off time that we can sign in or go back and change particular details of an absence.
Frontline is well suited in that it allows you to access all of your previous absences and upcoming ones as well. It also allows you to leave comments to your supervisor and sub-plans right in the software.
Aesop is used to assign substitute teachers for teachers when they are absent. When a teacher needs to be absent due to illness or other obligations including professional responsibilities such as a field trip or professional development, teachers use AESOP to register their absence so a substitute can be found. AESOP is used for all teachers in my district. This program addresses the problem of finding substitute teachers for inevitable absences.
  • Allows teachers to mark themselves absent 24/7: this is a plus because you don't have to worry about the message being lost by a service. You can also procure a substitute in advance if you know you'll be out for a professional training or field trip.
  • You can upload your lesson plans or email your substitute so the substitute is prepared to teach your classes.
  • You can see a history of absences so you can cross-reference your leave allotments with your history on AESOP.
  • Teachers cannot cancel their own absence. We have to ask the office staff to do so. This is irritating when an absence must be canceled (Due to a canceled professional development, for example).
  • Sometimes absences go unfilled. It would be great if AESOP could have a roster of qualified substitutes to cover absences.
  • You cannot assign your absence to a particular substitute if you know he or she is available and a good fit for your absence.
Aesop is excellent for absence management in the school setting. Aesop has been used in elementary and secondary schools successfully. I have used Aesop as both a substitute and permanent employee. Aesop isn't a good fit if a district doesn't have enough substitutes to fill all absences. Aesop only matches permanent teachers with subs currently on a district's roster.
Frontline is used to record teacher absences. You can track absences for various reasons, and see dates and information for each. You are able to record notes only seen by the administration as well as those only seen by a substitute. It is easy to use through the website as well as the app.
  • Easy to navigate
  • Access through website and app
  • Select dates and reasons with 1 click
  • The ability to view previous years' absences.
Great to track attendance for employees and employers to have accurate records.
Frontline Absence Management, formerly Aesop, is being used by our school district to manage and track staff absences. We use it for staff submissions during sickness, family sickness, or other personal days. Substitute requests are also made within the system. Administration can also approve requests for vacations, professional development, conferences outside of the district, and other related staffing requests.
  • Frontline is very easy to use for submitting absences and requests for staff.
  • It is nice to see the allotment of days banked for a staff member, such as sick, family sickness, personal days, and vacation days.
  • The Frontline system for staff approval in my account seems very complicated, but that may just be my district.
  • A more detailed system for substitutes might be nice.
Frontline is great for school systems or businesses that need to easily manage staffing requests for absences, especially those that may require approval or need to be submitted in advance.
We currently use Frontline Absence Management district wide for all staff and teachers who need to request a day off, including professional leave time, vacations, sick days, jury duty, etc. Since this is all digital, this minimizes the amount of paper being submitted and needing to be tracked from each submitter. This also helps us speed up the process and afford staff opportunity to submit these digitally the morning of the day, from their phones and computers.
  • Easily submission process. Select the day you need to schedule on the listed calendar, mark the type of request, and submit.
  • Works on different digital devices including phones, tablets, and computers.
  • Easily track your balances by looking at your account history.
  • Delete requests you have already submitted.
  • There really isn't much. This is a pretty simple program to use and is part of Frontline, which many school districts use.
  • Pricing is high. Especially with growing costs and the fact that it costs extra to integrate or streamline with single sign-on to the other Frontline products.
Great for school business offices or school board/main offices going digital with staff submission of days off, vacation, sick, professional, personal, etc. Helps alleviate time passing physical documents and affords the user a platform they can track their balances and easily submit requests digitally using their phone. If you are a Frontline user of their other products, this seems like a no-brainer and can integrate with them, as well as other programs.
January 26, 2019

Simple to use

Frontline Absence Management makes it easy for my organization to put in personal or sick days at work. I am able to easily program the application for months in advance. My organization also uses it to track sick days and allows substitutes to pick up days through Aesop. I can also review the history of sick/personal/professional days.
  • The ability to see previous history.
  • Ease of use for placing in sick days.
  • Running list of what days are available (Amount of sick days)
  • I would like to have an app that is created for easy access.
  • Support from Frontline is not easy to access
  • I would like to see the number of times a specific substitute filled in for me.
Frontline Absence Management is very straightforward and easy to use, but I wish as a teacher I had more abilities to see when substitutes previously filled in for me. It is very well suited for school districts that are trying to manage their staff sick days. It allows teachers to also put in various personal, professional, or bereavement days.