Before starting to use Power BI, …
Customizable dashboards (136)
Drill-down analysis (136)
Report sharing and collaboration (133)
Formatting capabilities (135)
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Microsoft Power BI, and make your voice heard!
Power BI Pro
Power BI Premium
Power BI Premium
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Starting price (does not include set up fee)
- $9.99 per month
Microsoft Power BI is a business analytics service from Microsoft. It allows users to convert data into visuals and graphics, visually explore and analyze data, collaborate on interactive dashboards and reports, and scale across their organization with built-in governance and security.
- Free initial setup with no required training
- Connectivity with Excel spreadsheets, cloud services, streaming data, on-premise databases, and more
- Dashboards that update in real-time
- Natural language processing for data visualization tools
- Shareable reports and datasets
- Collaborative framework
- Remote accessibility
- Integrates with most applications and services using REST API
- Publish data directly from service with publish-to-web feature
But the starting is difficult, it is a new tool that feels like make for data analysts or experts and not for everyone, what i have learned is not true, as with a bit of training everybody can use the tool. I think something needs to change there or some extra on boarding should be done in order to make it super accesible from the beginning.
One downside is the desktop app performance, the app gets stuck sometimes, and usually spends time processing even when the data is very small, there is surely an area for improvement on the performance side.
- Installing, configuring and using [Microsoft] Power BI is really easy, perfectly possible for users with basic IT knowledge; however, some concepts are indispensable and without them it might appear that Power BI is less usable than it actually is.
- [Microsoft] Power BI is perfect for those who know something about databases, as it is an intuitive tool with which a lot of value can be generated from data.
- [Microsoft] Power BI and no similar tool will be easy for an executive who has little knowledge or interest in information technologies.