Reviews (1-7 of 7)
- I like the ease of use and the implementation methodology.
- With SAP Business ByDesign you can integrate other systems with Web Services, and data technology to get information easy and fast.
- SAP Business ByDesign includes an Analytics Module to create new reports in regards to your needs.
- Regarding the functionality, SAP Business ByDesign can improve some logistics functions and additionally should improve the data entries to update exchange rates.
- About the licensing, there are many types of licenses and it is very confusing to distinguish them.
- The mobile apps are confusing and they do not have the same functions as the web version.
- Reporting- Users can slice and dice data very easily to generate the desired information views
- Integrating Data- Financial data and sales data reside in a single platform
- Help- Embedded help features, tons of online forums, chat help, etc
- At times the system can be a bit tedious, what I mean by that is multiple clicks to complete a simple task.
- Complexity can be an issue, but the system does allow for configuration to match complexity with user role
- Internet Access- Cloud only system if our local internet is out, access can be challenging. We used mobile hotspots when needed and this worked fine.
Previously we were using a separate accounting system (MYOB), a CRM (Zoho), a timesheeting application (Timepro), a project management solution (Smartsheet). These caused massive data consistency issues with replication, invalid data and problems with billable time falling between the cracks. With SAP ByDesign we can get awesome reporting from the solution that is real-time. The value this represents is massive now that the company has more that 30 consultants.
- Reporting is fantastic and is based on SAP's Business Objects design allowing a drag and drop UI for creating the fields you're interested in with the right views and filters
- The Project Management controls are perfectly integrated into the solution allowing tight controls and easy set-up of projects. Everything flows smoothly from creating tasks in a gantt style control to being able to be entered into a timesheet. A PM can see project health from a cockpit view and make necessary decisions.
- I am waiting for ByD to fully move away from the Silverlight dependance to being full on HTML5. Apparently this will happen over the next year.
- There are many areas requiring multiple clicks to navigate that can be simplified. For example drilling down on expense claims; if you would like to navigate from a description to viewing a image of a receipt there could be around 8 clicks of navigation to move between the two (this is the worst case example btw)
- It is very easy to customize settings, and process flows, but not functionality.
- It is easy to see what is open and what is completed.
- It easy to get data out of the system.
- It is difficult to get reports that tie sales order (materials) with projects (labor and T&E). This has to be done in Excel.
- Approvals involve multiple steps.
- Hard to enter expense reports and review expense reports.
- Microsoft Silverlight is slow as opposed to Adobe Flash
The marketing campaigns and lead tracking were not as expected in SAP by the Sales/Marketing team and those teams eventually left SAP BYD and used another application to handle CRM functionality.
- Provides a complete source for financial data
- Allows web-based access from anywhere with service
- When we first began using it, there was no function for housing budget data for comparison with actual performance. An Excel-based tool had to be created to address this glaring shortcoming.
- It can be slow at times
- The user interface is intuitive and easy to navigate. You can easily drill down to the accounting info that you need for each transaction.
- All items in a transaction are linked well (supplier invoice, delivery confirmation, payment, associated journal entries, etc.)
- Until the recent announcement of changing the platform, SAP was good at issuing regular updates to ByDesign.
- ByDesign is not well equipped for large companies that need to be SOX-Compliant. For example, there is not a way to prevent the same person from creating and posting their own journal entries without approval. Documentation work-arounds are needed.
- In many instances error descriptions are not adequate to resolve a problem. Errors are caught in the Closing Cockpit, but the error descriptions are usually not specific enough to resolve the problem.
- Since the program is cloud based and the company is in Germany, it can be very slow to respond to requests; particularly when running large reports.
SAP Business ByDesign Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About SAP Business ByDesign
SAP Business ByDesign (ByD) is a cloud enterprise resource planning software (Cloud ERP) that is sold and operated as software as a service (SaaS) by SAP SE. It is designed for small to medium-sized enterprises as well as subsidiary businesses. The software is designed to provide business processes across application areas from financials to human resources with embedded business analytics, mobility, e-learning, and support.
SAP Business ByDesign is built on the principles of a service-oriented architecture (SOA). The underlying technology is leveraging SAP's in-memory HANA database.
A comprehensive set of prepackaged integrations as well as SOAP and oData webservices ensure easy integrations to other SAP or non-SAP applications.
The main application areas:
- Financial Management
- Customer Relationship Management
- Project Management and Professional Service Automation
- Supplier Relationship Management and Procurement
- Supply Chain Management
- Human Resource Management
- Fund and Grant Management
- Business Analytics
- Executive support and compliance management.
ByDesign is deployed in 144 countries and supports 12 languages.
SAP Business ByDesign is available for a monthly software-as-a-service (SaaS) subscription, based on a base package, user types, and number of users. The price includes hosting, unlimited storage, access to all application areas (see above), support etc.
Updates are delivered automatically four times a
year with no IT staff required.
SAP Business ByDesign Screenshots
SAP Business ByDesign Integrations
SAP Business ByDesign Competitors
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?Optional
SAP Business ByDesign is available for a monthly software-as-a-service (SaaS) subscription, based on a base package, user types, and number of users.
SAP Business ByDesign Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||10%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||80%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||10%|
SAP Business ByDesign Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
SAP Business ByDesign Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Mobile Web|
|Supported Countries:||Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, China, Denmark, France, Germany, India, Israel, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Switzerland, United Kingdom (UK), United States (US), Albania (Partner localized), Algeria (Partner localized), Bahrain (Partner localized), Belarus (Partner localized), Bosnia (Partner localized), Bulgaria (Partner localized), Chile (Partner localized), Columbia (Partner localized), Costa Rica (Partner localized), Croatia (Partner localized), Czech Repubilc (Partner localized), Ecuador (Partner localized), El Salvador (Partner localized), Guatemala (Partner localized), Honduras (Partner localized), Kazakhstan (Partner localized), Kuwait (Partner localized), Lebanon (Partner localized), Montenegro (Partner localized), Morocco (Partner localized), Egypt (Partner localized), Oman (Partner localized), Panama (Partner localized), Peru (Partner localized), Poland (Partner localized), Qatar (Partner localized), Romania (Partner localized), Serbia (Partner localized), Slovenia (Partner localized), Sweden (Partner localized), Ukraine (Partner localized), Thailand (Partner localized)|
|Supported Languages:||English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Danish, Dutch, simplified Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Hebrew|