Adobe Analytics - powerful and great integrations, but may be overkill for the average user
March 02, 2020

Overall Satisfaction with Adobe Analytics

Adobe Analytics is primarily used just within our Digital department, but I believe we are continuing to expand usage to other arms of our organization. The biggest advantage to it is that it is part of the Adobe Experience Cloud and seamlessly integrates with Adobe Experience Manager, Adobe Campaign, and Adobe Target. Our analytics team uses it extensively to create reports that are tied to email campaigns, Target activities, etc. It allows us to create segments of data that are mapped to activities in our other Adobe products. Aside from this, of course, it also can be used for basic analytical data of things like page views, visitors/visits for a page, page path, and so forth.
  • Integration with other Adobe Experience Cloud products
  • Segmentation
  • Page path reports
  • Steep learning curve
  • Just getting a "basic" report can be cumbersome
  • Some of the useful features are too limited
  • Allows us to see the effectiveness of the user journeys on our website (page path taken, conversions, etc.)
  • Detailed reporting on analytics related to multiple platforms (web, downloads, email deliveries, etc.)
  • Customized/segmented reports for specify campaigns
Adobe Analytics takes many of the things that Google Analytics does and ratchets it up. This particularly is true when it comes to the tie-in with things like Adobe Experience Manager, Adobe Target, and Adobe Campaign. I believe this is the primary reason our organization licensed it, because of the seamless integration with these other products we were leveraging. That said, there are benefits to having both Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics installed on your website, which is what our company does - they do not have to be mutually exclusive.
It is difficult for me to accurately speak on the overall support since I am not actively involved in interfacing with Adobe support on the product. But, I have heard from others in my organization that support sometimes can be shoddy and inconsistent, and that at times the Adobe reps have been a little hard to work with. This may be true more for other products (Campaign, Experience Manager), but I know that overall I've not heard the greatest feedback when it comes to supporting. That said, Adobe does send out regular email updates and alerts when work and upgrades are being done on the product and has dedicated status pages that show the current functioning of the products - this alerts of any outages or other issues.

Do you think Adobe Analytics delivers good value for the price?

Not sure

Are you happy with Adobe Analytics's feature set?

Did Adobe Analytics live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of Adobe Analytics go as expected?

Would you buy Adobe Analytics again?

Adobe Analytics is well suited if:
  • Your company is already leveraging Adobe Experience Cloud/licensing other Adobe products. The integration with other Experience Cloud tools is one of the biggest advantages.
  • You require powerful and robust analytics reporting greater than that of what Google Analytics can provide.
  • Your company/team places a big emphasis on page path tracking and conversions from click paths. AA has two powerful and useful features that track the page path. The Pathfinder tool can be configured in multiple ways and shows the page paths that a user takes when on a specified page on your site. If you are seeking to find out the path users take on your site, this is a wonderful feature. The Fallout report is also beneficial for measuring conversion rates. It shows the percentage of users that drop off on a given click path that you specify, letting you see where users are most likely to lose interest/drop off.
Adobe Analytics is less useful if:
  • You are a smaller company with a smaller budget.
  • You don't have integrations with other Adobe products.
  • You need just basic reporting and can live without the bells and whistles.