Canto is the only DAM Solution you should be looking at!
May 05, 2022

Canto is the only DAM Solution you should be looking at!

Daniel Campbell | TrustRadius Reviewer

Software Version

Other

Overall Satisfaction with Canto

My team uses Canto every day for our graphic design projects. It's a great media manager and has really helped us to streamline the process of sorting, tagging, and searching for photography assets. With the Adobe Creative Suite integration, we're able to import seamlessly into our signature print and digital work without having to download it to our devices. When my department first started looking for a DAM solution, we were on multiple
platforms (Google Drive, Dropbox, Internal S: Drive) and it was difficult to find anything.
  • Facial recognition technology helps us tag key staff automatically.
  • The in-tool search and tagging features are very robust, allowing us to find the specific assets we need fast.
  • The AI driven auto tagging is a nice addition and helps broaden what we can look for.
  • The ability for outside vendors to seamlessly upload content straight into the tool saves a lot of work for us.
  • The ability to selectively share out specific assets or folders with other departments or principals is a great way to really capitalize on our assets without creating extra work for my team.
  • The price point is a bit high, so I'd like to see either more features to justify that or a price drop.
  • The Adobe Connector interface is functional but could be a bit more drag and drop, right now it's a little clunky, if effective.
  • Right now you can't share collections between users, it would be great if we could do that for major projects rather than having to create a new album or tag.
  • Powerful search engine
  • Automated tagging and facial recognition systems
  • Integration with Adobe Creative Suite
  • Ability for outside users to add content
  • Ability to share content to outside users
  • Improved team efficiency
  • Better collaboration
  • Increased ability to share assets, which in turn makes it easier for other users in our organization to create better content (email, social, website, print, etc).
  • Better quality final assets as we have everything in one place now - meaning we always see all of our options for photography.
Before we made the switch to Canto, our assets were spread out over several platforms: Google Drive, Dropbox, Email, and our internal S Drive. There really was not a way to find things easily, and often some team members would have some assets, but not even know about others. It was certainly a cost to move away from these free supports and into a paid system, but the benefits are beyond words.

Do you think Canto delivers good value for the price?

Are you happy with Canto's feature set?

Did Canto live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of Canto go as expected?

Would you buy Canto again?

Canto is a really great tool for signature publications, like our annual magazine, the Minnetonka Alumni Magazine. While I oversee the design and layout, there is another staff who helps gather photos, make infographics, etc. By keeping everything in Canto, I'm able to really quickly and easily collaborate and locate the assets I need. It has been invaluable in helping my team improve our efficiency.

Evaluating Canto and Competitors

Yes - We were on a variety of free systems but didn't have an explicit DAM. We used Google Drive, Dropbox, and our internal S Drive. While each was good at storing assets, they were not great at anything else! We really needed a tool that could be searchable, sharable, and fully integrated with our graphic design tools.
  • Product Features
  • Product Usability
  • Product Reputation
At the end of the day, we really needed a product that had outstanding features. Our team works on many projects in a year, and we needed something that would take us from spending hours on finding and sharing assets into really being able to spend that time on the design itself. Canto fit the bill perfectly.
I don't think I'd change our process or the final selection we made. Evaluation has and should be about what the product offers, its usability, and the onboarding process - all of which were stellar. The only negative I can say about Canto is that it is a bit higher on
the price scale when compared to its competitors. However, it is
essential to remember that you get what you pay for!

Canto Support

The onboarding and support for Canto are truly the best in class. We had several virtual meetings with our trainer and rep during the process and felt that every question was answered. Some products just let you figure things out yourself, but Canto knew that to be successful, you have to have a solid foundation of understanding.
ProsCons
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
None
No, we did not purchase any additional/premium support for Canto. The first reason is that I feel the base level of support is all you really need - I have never felt that I am not a valued customer or getting what I need out of the product. Second, we are already paying a lot for Canto, so it would probably push us out of budget.
Again, I have to go back to our onboarding process! Canto was outstanding and our rep really took the time to dig into any questions, concerns, or issues we encountered while getting used to the product. They really explained how tagging, sharing, searching, etc. all work, and how we could integrate with other systems, I can't say we've had a problem since!