TeamViewer Remote Control
Updated July 22, 2022
TeamViewer Remote Control
Technician in Information TechnologyNon-Profit Organization Management Company, 51-200 employees
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with TeamViewer
Currently, we are utilizing the connections for remote work users that require access to their Apple iMacs as they do not have the required space available in their homes. So far, this has been the best solution for our team members to continue being productive since Covid-19 began. The service is very responsive and transmits a well-displayed image to the end-user.
- Un-attended Remote Access control
- Quick support to remote in to an end-users device by running the app without installing any software or requiring administrator rights
- Push Windows and Third-Party updates (depends on the version that you buy)
- Works on Windows, Apple, Mobile, and Tablets (depends on the version that you buy)
- Apple support needs more improvement like being able to transmit the sound.
- Real time device monitoring in an easy to use interface, similar to LogMeIn (GoTo)
- Users have a hard time setting up multi-monitor to display on their multi-monitor setup
- Make screen blanking a little more easier to use so that people in the building cannot see the monitors (again end-user experiece)
- Allows organization's to hold on to expensive equipment, while still providing employees access to required resources
- Being able to disable the remote access of any separated employee is great for keeping all of the company data in house
- The products are not inexpensive, you will have to dish out a lot of money to get the better features
LogMeIn is the only comparable software for business, as I have used others in my personal life. I believe that both services are top-notch and have a few differences. Still, for my organization, we plan to integrate Microsoft Intune, and the only remote access software it supports is TeamViewer Tensor. TeamViewer tends to have less lag and is more responsive than LogMeIn.
Do you think TeamViewer delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with TeamViewer's feature set?
Did TeamViewer live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of TeamViewer go as expected?
Would you buy TeamViewer again?
The implementation is easy as you can create a custom link, and MSI file we can deploy using Microsoft System Center Management Console. Also, you are able to personalize to your liking, as in adding devices to specific groups and so on. Another way to gain access and assist is by the end-user providing the "Your ID" and password to quickly remote in.
Single sign-on (SSO) is only available to the higher tier packages, but we have taken advantage of two-factor authentication for all our admins. We will be moving to TeamViewer Tensor, which will have just about all of the bells and whistles, and we plan on implementing SSO with OKTA Verify going forward.
We plan to integrate TeamViewer with Microsoft Intune for better support assistance, asset inventory, third-party updates, and pushing Windows Update and versions. We are currently using both LogMeIn and TeamViewer but looking to move fully move over to TeamViewer, but we have both for redundancy in case one of the applications crashes, which it does happen. Especially with Apple devices, LogMeIn seems to have an easier time using un-attended access compared to TeamViewer, as well as being able to hear the audio.
TeamViewer Feature Ratings
Secure remote access with Smart Card authentication
Access to sleeping/powered-off computers
Over-the-Internet remote session
Initiate remote control from mobile
Remote management of servers & workstations
Centralized management dashboard
Monitoring and Alerts
Multi-platform remote control
TeamViewer Security and Support
No, we did not purchase premium support as to what our needs are at the moment. We can figure out the issues on our worn, and so far, so good, as we have not yet required any support from TeamViewer. The service is easy to use and not hard to figure out on your own.
We already use other services to keep our devices and organization secure, so this is more for quick access and support of devices. The feature that I wish was standard would be the monitoring and ability to connect to a device in the backend and modify registry, drives, and other features where I don't have to bother my end user and just work on it on when needed.
If we had to go through the purchasing process again, yes, I would undoubtedly renew this service again. I recommend this service to anyone or organization looking for the best remote connection software. As previously mentioned, the thing that it is lacking the remote monitoring being a standard feature as it is a valuable piece and should not be an addon.
7 - Three are in the IT department, and the others are employees that require access to iMacs and other devices.
1 - I am the lone person that provides all of the support for TeamViewer.
- Quick access for support of work from home employees
- give developers access to local network connected devices
- give employees access to their work MAC devices
- Integrate with Microsoft Intune
- Connecting Microsoft Intune with it for access to all company owned devices
- Malwarebytes integration is also greate
- The ease of deployment
- non that I can think of at this time as it currently covers most of what we need it to do.
Evaluating TeamViewer and Competitors
Yes - TeamViewer is still in the process of replacing LogMeIn Central, which also is an excellent provider and has out-of-the-box features that I wish TeamViewer needs to add. The main reason for replacing the other product is the integration with Microsoft Intune which just works better on Apple devices.
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- Product Reputation
- Prior Experience with the Product
My prior experience on a personal level is what got me thinking of using this product at work. It has always been easy, fast, and reliable, so I could not expect anything less on an enterprise level.
The usability for TeamViewer is great as anyone should be able to use it immediately. On the admin side, the management console will take a little longer to use as you need to break down some areas and learn about Grouping and other features. They do provide tools to assist in the learning process. Using the service to remote control other devices is a breeze and super easy to do as it just works.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- Remote Control
- Creating and Deploying a shared installer
- User Management
- able to remote onto company owned devices and non-company owned by just providing a Partner ID and no required software to be permanently installed on the device