Statistica Is A Complete Statistical Software Package With Few, If Any, Equals
February 16, 2021

Statistica Is A Complete Statistical Software Package With Few, If Any, Equals

Randy Bartlett | TrustRadius Reviewer

Overall Satisfaction with TIBCO Data Science (including Team Studio and Statistica)

I use Statistica for all of my data analysis and data management needs. Ordinarily, I receive data or get access to my client's database. I import it into Statistica and ordinarily repair fundamental problems with the data. Next, I get the data into an analyzable form. This may require writing macros to transform the data. Statistica macros are powerful. E.g., in analyzing employee data, I aligned events from eight different datasets relative to hiring date. I perform easier or iterative transformations in a workspace. Many of my problems require prediction so I leverage Statistica's different modeling nodes and always end up with a powerful ensemble model. The final model can be exported into whatever code my client prefers. Another common area is need is performing exploratory data analysis. Statistica is provides quick results for same day responses to clients.
  • Statistica provide reliable results.
  • Statistica is 'complete' meaning it provides nearly all the tools I will ever need. If it is not in Statistica, then it is probably not worth the effort.
  • Statistica saves time on figuring out how to do new things; maintenance; and execution time.
  • Statistica can handle large datasets.
  • Statistica works more like a quant thinks, so I do not have to trick it to solve the problem in a natural way.
  • I think all statistical software could be better organized by problem rather than tool type. All of the academic books are organized this way so that is how we all think.

Do you think TIBCO Data Science (including Team Studio and Statistica) delivers good value for the price?

Are you happy with TIBCO Data Science (including Team Studio and Statistica)'s feature set?

Did TIBCO Data Science (including Team Studio and Statistica) live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of TIBCO Data Science (including Team Studio and Statistica) go as expected?

Would you buy TIBCO Data Science (including Team Studio and Statistica) again?

• It provide solutions of all my client's needs.
  • It has made consulting efficient.
  • It executes large datasets quickly.
I prefer Statistica's approach. It is more natural and fits the way I think. I prefer to use Statistica's VB for writing macros. It is real code, meaning that I do not need to trick the software to do what I need and there are no implied loops over solving simple problems. The graphs are publication quality and can be edited by hand or using a macro if I am building hundreds of them. Statistica had a user-friendly approach to building lengthy data processing streams (in its workspaces). It is just so fast for analyzing a dataset that you have never seen before and efficient for ongoing work on the same data.
Statistica is excellent for EDA (Exploratory Data Analysis); handling new data or ongoing data streams; mapping out a complex stream of data processing (using a workspace); and providing fast reliable results.

TIBCO Data Science (including Team Studio and Statistica) Feature Ratings

Data Encryption
Built-in Processors
Multiple Model Development Languages and Tools
Automated Machine Learning
Single platform for multiple model development
Self-Service Model Delivery