Cloud Brokers Overview
What is Cloud Broker Software?
With the explosion of cloud technology, comprising both public and private clouds, day-to-day management of cloud service provisioning has become extremely complex. IT departments are struggling to keep up with demands for new service provisioning and integration of cloud applications with each other, and with on-premise applications. Cloud brokers acts as an intermediaries between cloud service providers and enterprises. Typically they will provide a number of capabilities, including:
- A marketplace for enterprise-approved services
- A provisioning engine that can create cloud images across multiple cloud providers
- Integration of cloud services with each other, and with on-premise applications,
- Provision of security to ensure that corporate data is not compromised
- Identity management services to manage user credentials
Commercial cloud brokerage services have become indispensible tools to help organizations create solutions in the cloud, migrate solutions to the cloud, and ensure that cloud applications can exchange data with each other and with on-premise applications.