CloudApp Reviews

November 20, 2019
Veronika Baranovska | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

CloudApp is the screen recording tool of choice for the marketing team and a few other employees at our company who currently use Jing. CloudApp is brilliant at taking screenshots, recording GIFs and video. I particularly love the Annotate function which saves us so much time when it comes communicating the changes that are required on marketing content and the user interface of our product.
Read Veronika Baranovska's full review
November 06, 2019
James Kayten | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I use the app to communicate with technical support for CAD application issues. I also find it quick and efficient for screenshots delivery - much better than some other apps I've paid for.
Read James Kayten's full review
June 28, 2019
Andrew Clark | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Our entire organization uses CloudApp to quickly share screenshots, videos, and gifs, both internally and externally. The most common use case for us is sharing quick screenshots of things we're seeing in our product or doing quick edits on a copy, but we often use gifs and videos to report bugs, illustrate points, etc. It's a very handy way to capture and share things we're working on.
Read Andrew Clark's full review
May 15, 2019
Christopher Page, MBA | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

CloudApp is being used within my company, mostly for collaboration with clients and development partners. It's been a lifesaver to visually show problems with a video recording, or take a picture and point out the problem/area that needs changed by marking it up. It saves a lot of time from having to jump on constant screen sharing sessions just to show a single problem area. It also saves time from having to manually do a screenshot, save it, then upload it to an email...I can just paste the link once it's automatically uploaded and copied!
Read Christopher Page, MBA's full review
August 21, 2019

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

As a public engagement group, we use volunteers to deliver our activities. As we are growing quickly, we don't always have time to sit down with each volunteer specifically to teach the in's and out's of each activity, so remote teaching videos and documents have been really useful in making sure everyone is up to speed. This is also particularly important for those that are not geographically local, and as we share our activities, this software makes it easy to communicate these techniques, and short gifs and pictures.
December 15, 2018
J.P. VanderLinden | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Use of CloudApp is not consistent across the organization, but we do recommend it to team members. It's a fast way to be able to share screenshots on Slack or via email by just pasting a link, rather than having to screenshot, save, attach and upload. The short GIF recording feature is also a lifesaver when you're trying to capture a bug or show someone how to do something, but don't want to get on a full-fledged screen share.
Read J.P. VanderLinden's full review
November 29, 2018
Daniel DiGriz | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

CloudApp is a low-friction, no-brainer way to instantly capture anything on my screen and share it via Slack or elsewhere, without using my own storage resources, saving the file, dragging attachments, or even having to copy before I paste. Before CloudApp, it was laborious to share thoughts, charts, quotes, price sheets, and other images live during a collaborative conference call, and a big production to make quick, 30-second walkthrus in answer to a how-to. Now it's easier to share than not to. Once I started using CloudApp, I couldn't do without it.
Read Daniel DiGriz's full review
August 13, 2018
Allie Fleming | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I’ve been using CloudApp for personal and professional use for many years. As most of my work relates to translating web designs into dynamic web pages, screenshots are an easy way to share progress or issues I see in a super easy and quick way. Using the default key commands for Mac screenshots, CloudApp creates a hyperlink instantly to share. Has my coworker or client viewed the screenshot yet? CloudApp lets me know. Need to demonstrate a broken form page via screen recording? CloudApp helps with that too! Best part is doing quick markup of arrows or text to point to exactly what I’m talking about. CloudApp solves many moments that could lead to miscommunication.

I will continue using this app as long as I’m working on a computer!
Read Allie Fleming's full review
June 25, 2018
Phillip Guye | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I personally use CloudApp to quickly show an annotated visual representation of a past, current or future conversation, issue or problem solve. I use it with prospects, clients and my employees.
Read Phillip Guye's full review
September 18, 2018
Nathan Weill | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use CloudApp every single day to share screenshots with each other. Primarily to provide feedback on work and provide instructions to our clients on how to navigate online tools.
Read Nathan Weill's full review
May 24, 2018
Diep Bui | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

CloudApp is utilized by the eJOY content team. It helps us save time in composing tutorials to our English learners. We just take a screenshot, mark the focus area and then CloudApp does the rest for us. We don't have to store the file on our laptops as well. CloudApp stores it and sends me the link. So we just send the link to our learners and explain to them. Sometimes we create a GIF to illustrate a workflow. It's so convenient. I love CloudApp.
Read Diep Bui's full review
May 16, 2018
Caleb McPherson | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

CloudApp is something that we use throughout the organization. It is most often used by me to provide help to our clients. Showing them how to complete something on their site. It's much easier to show them than trying to explain it through an email or over the phone.

We also use this to show our engineering team how we replicate a bug which has been a great help.
Read Caleb McPherson's full review
August 02, 2018
Tim Colling | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We are a small custom web marketing and SEO firm. I purchased CloudApp to use personally when working with clients, creating screen shots for documentation or meetings, and for creating on-screen videos.
Read Tim Colling's full review
February 22, 2018
Michele Giordano | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use CloudApp for both internal communications and for communicating with clients. We also use CloudApp with another service based company I work with to create short videos and helpful tips on our software.
Read Michele Giordano's full review
May 29, 2018
Whitney Burchill | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Cloud app has been great for us. There are a lot of cool features that we haven't seen other screen recording or shots. Some things I would like to see is making it more simple to navigate between screens while recording and also being able to choose if we would like to copy the content or have the link.
Read Whitney Burchill's full review
March 07, 2019

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Our Support Team uses CloudApp to take GIFs, videos, and screenshots to send to our clients and to use in our knowledge base articles. Sometimes providing steps along with images or a short video is an easier way of explaining how to accomplish something within our product.
August 06, 2018

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I use CloudApp to share and annotate screenshots, gifs, and recordings. The biggest problem it addresses is that whoever you're sharing your file with doesn't have to download it to their hard drive. This saves space, and that extra step of throwing a file in the trash that you're done viewing.
June 05, 2018

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We all use CloudApp. We have an Enterprise account and we're all added there. We're all remote workers located all around the globe, so having a tool to share screenshots, gifs, screen recordings and all with a simple link is essential.
May 28, 2018

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I use it to take quick, shareable screenshots where I can quickly annotate and bring to attention certain parts I want to share with my colleagues. It makes uploading the screenshot to the cloud extremely fast and efficient and for quick sharing.
May 25, 2018

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I use cloud app with my different clients to show items on their websites, social platforms, and emails.

What is CloudApp?

CloudApp is an instant video, image, and screen capture platform for professionals. The vendor says CloudApp is the fastest way to record and embed video, GIFs, screencasts and marked up images throughout business workflows (e.g. software development, design, customer success, support, sales, marketing).

Additionally, the vendor says CloudApp also makes it super quick and easy to share with others, whether you are a freelance designer, web developer, software engineer, customer service professional, or a startup founder. Every file the user creates is safely and securely stored in the cloud, and accessible via the vendor’s native Mac and Windows Apps, or shareable on the web through unique, secure and password protected cl.ly short links.

CloudApp Features

Has featureGIF Capture
Has featureAnnotate Screenshots
Has featureVideo Screen Recorder
Has featureInstant File Sharing
Has featureSearch (By Object, Text, and Image)

CloudApp Screenshots