Reviews (1-1 of 1)
We use Automate BPA Server just in our department to manage a number of tasks. Our primary jobs are essentially ETL related. Retrieving files from an FTP server, importing those files, processing, then sending email notifications on the results. Due to the vast number of jobs each day, AutoMate solves most of our issues and allows us to be less hands-on throughout the day.
- Very detailed task builder. Easy to read step by step a task's operation even if you don't have much programming knowledge.
- Scheduling for automation jobs is very flexible. Allows us to create all kinds of job schedules as needed.
- Organization of jobs, tasks, conditions is done well. Allows us to easily manage our items.
- AutoMate's Windows interface can be quite buggy at times. We are using the latest and final build of AutoMate 10. It took many iterations to get this most stable build, but there are still many little issues that happen when building tasks. Copying and pasting too much causes GUI errors and can crash. Things don't indent properly, success/failure arrow lines in the Job window don't flow perfectly straight, etc. There is a newer version AutoMate 11, but it's so buggy we can't even use it properly.
- Memory management is terrible on Aut 10 and 11. Just working in the program for a little bit building tasks has memory leaks that don't resolve until you close out of the program. You'll be using several GB of ram in no time.
- Dashboard reporting could be better. We'd like a better way to track how jobs are running, when failures occur, etc. You can do that now, but the interface is cumbersome.
Read this authenticated review
Anything where automation would be helpful, I'd recommend. If you're doing a task over and over again, Automate can likely work and do it for you. It helps to keep things running exactly the same so that when failures occur, they can easily be traced to their source.
HelpSystems Automate Plus Scorecard Summary
About HelpSystems Automate Plus
HelpSystems Automate Plus (formerly Automate BPA Server) is scalable enterprise automation software designed to go beyond basic robotic process automation to integrate frontend and backend automated workflows across an organization. The vendor says their robust business enterprise software feature set also helps organizations meet internal and external SLAs, enable DevOps, and comply with industry regulations.
According to the vendor, HelpSystems Automate Plus offers superior flexibility and scalability by allowing their customers to purchase only the product modules they need. Features like the Automate Enterprise Ops Console, the Enhanced Security and Auditing Platform, and the Extended Agent Server are packaged as add-ons for users looking for advanced functionality.
HelpSystems has been helping businesses maximize efficiency through automation and robots for over thirty years. Additionally, the vendor says HelpSystems Automate Plus is the product of their expertise—a platform with the flexibility to automate mission-critical IT and business processes for any organization. An automation center of excellence ties this all together, providing the framework that brings the people, processes, and technology necessary to maximize the benefits of automation together.
Categories: Business Process Management (BPM), Database Management, Event Monitoring, Managed File Transfer (MFT), Robotic Process Automation (RPA), Web Scraping, Business Process Automation
HelpSystems Automate Plus Competitors
HelpSystems Automate Plus Technical Details