LastPass for Business Reviews

Taylor Robinson | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 12, 2020

Essential multi-client organization tool

LastPass for Business is being used mainly for account security. We have several clients that all have different login information for several different accounts and services. All in all, there are hundreds of logins and hundreds of passwords. It is simply impossible to memorize all of them and un-secure to have them all written down. LastPass for business helps us be able to keep all of the passwords in a central and secure place while keeping all the information organized, accessible, and fast to access.
  • Organized in alphabetical order
  • Easy to find what I am looking for.
  • Easy to reach when I need to login to something with the browser extension.
  • Easy to edit/update.
  • Occasional bugs with the browser extension, logins don't populate.
LastPass for business is well suited for someone who handles client's sensitive login information. If there are multiple logins that need to be safely stored but easily accessed, LastPass is perfect. LastPass may not be as applicable for an individual client with one or two logins, but when handling several and changing passwords frequently, it is perfect.
When handling several clients or onboarding new clients it is very important to be organized. How can we be trusted if we can't keep track of something as simple as passwords? LastPass helps keep the basics under control but outside of that, it doesn't necessarily aid in business needs. It is very valuable in its scope of needs and is essential in our baseline organization.
Read Taylor Robinson's full review
Prathamesh Muzumdar | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 06, 2020

LastPass: excellent tool for login and password solutions

LastPass in my organization is used by all departments. We specifically recommend it to all departments as it provides better security features. We use it to store passwords for different services and applications as well as different servers that have admin accounts that we need to log into. Most admins manage passwords through LastPass as it streamlines the process of version control and at the same time provides better security. It makes the process efficient of making passwords as it doesn’t let you save the same password over again and also simple passwords are prohibited. This helps us to implement higher security standards that includes long and complex passwords. Overall, it is used throughout the organization to maintain the integrity and security of login credentials.
  • Passwords are securely saved in their storage base.
  • Very easy to customize passwords with mandatory specs like length, special characters, alphanumeric, etc.
  • Autofill feature works very well.
  • Smartphone app version has issues depending upon which smartphone you use.
  • Updates are imposed and lead to slow processes.
  • Integration with browsers is a big challenge.
LastPass is its best when you use it to create, manage, and save passwords. Being a large scale organization, it is very important for us to save thousands of passwords. The best solution for this is LastPass, it saves passwords securely, it also helps us to create new passwords with a certain stipulation. We can customize the stipulation as per our needs like length, alphanumeric, special symbol, etc. This feature is very useful for my company. The downside of LastPass is the smartphone application, it may not work on all smartphones, especially the Android version. Also, the other downside is that the updates are less frequent and sometimes the process is slow.
LastPass is very user-friendly. It can provide multiple access but at the same time, it is very easy to customize. Also, it is very easy to integrate LastPass with a different application. It is easy to integrate LastPass with different browsers so that it can leave notifications on new updates. Account sharing features are great and easy to share as it is very possible to access a single account by multiple users through multiple logins. This feature is highly scalable.
Read Prathamesh Muzumdar's full review
Katie Stevens | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 13, 2020

LastPass Is Amazing!

We are a virtual company so every software we use is in the cloud and has login credentials. We had many issues with employees saving passwords in many unsecured ways including their personal Google accounts, Excel spreadsheets, Word documents, lists on their desks, etc. LastPass for Business has not only allowed our users to store their passwords in one location, it also assists them in using more complex computer-generated passwords without the fear of having to remember all of them.
  • Password Management (Storage)
  • Password Generation
  • Security Testing to ensure you are doing everything you can to make your passwords as secure as possible.
  • Business/Personal accounts that are tied together
  • Passwords don't always auto fill as I would like
  • I would love to see it work with desktop apps in addition to web based ones
LastPass for Business is great if you have many web-based programs that you need to remember your passwords for.
Whether you are using this for 2 employees, or 5,000, the application works the same. It simply helps people by remembering their passwords for them across all web-based systems. The Admin Dashboard is also very easy to use and customize for your companies needs. We love LastPass and highly recommend it.
Read Katie Stevens's full review
Maddie Tabor | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 03, 2020

LastPass for Business keeps your accounts secure!

LastPass for Business is excellent and so easy to use! Gone are the days of continually forgetting passwords, or even worse, having to write them down on a piece of paper that anybody could find. Sharing passwords is easy, and managing who has access to what makes securing all sites and resources a breeze.
  • Allows you to easily manage who has access to what platforms.
  • Keeps your passwords safe, and in an easy-to-find place.
  • Easier to make folders, and have passwords in multiple folders to better share access.
If you are a business of more than a few people, LastPass for Business is for you. Sending passwords through email, Slack, or text can put your security in jeopardy, and this helps solve that problem.
Allows you to add as many members as needed, so very scalable.
Read Maddie Tabor's full review
Robert Guy | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 15, 2020

SNB Review of LastPass Business

All users have the LastPass web add-on installed and utilize it for all business website logins. The Support Department also utilizes it to store client passwords for website accounts and logins. It keeps us from having to manually track passwords in a file format.
  • Has a very granular policy settings allowing for excellent control of the product.
  • Browser add-in works in all 3 browsers very well.
  • Support is only via email, disappointing you cannot speak with a live person.
  • Very inconsistent and disappointing behavior with linking personal vault accounts.
If you would like to reduce the number of passwords a user has to maintain down to one, or if you have issues with users forgetting passwords. Also, if your company shares lots of logins, this is a better way to control and maintain those logins across multiple users.
Very granular policy settings. You can turn up or down your controls and have many complex configurations if desired. The added ability to add a personal vault is extremely well received by the end-users.
Read Robert Guy's full review
JaCoby Marston, CPA | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 12, 2020

Keeps our company safe and secure

LastPass is used by multiple departments in our company. It is the best password management tool to be used by a company. I love that all of my passwords are managed in one place and I love that I do not have to remember them. I also love it is super easy to share passwords with co-workers. LastPass is a great tool to keep your business safe and organized.
  • Organize passwords in one place.
  • Ability to share passwords with other co-workers.
  • Sharing sometimes does not work with co-workers or is delayed.
I have a lot of logins for a lot of accounts due to my role at the company and LastPass keeps all of my logins organized and safe in one place which I love. I love that I do not have to remember my passwords anymore and that I can have unique passwords for each of the accounts I use. LastPass is a great tool to keep a company's logins safe and secure.
LastPass continues to work great as our company grows. LastPass meets our needs. We love using LastPass because it keeps us organized and safe and secure as a company.
Read JaCoby Marston, CPA's full review
June 15, 2020

LastPass for Business saves us from security headaches

We use LastPass across our organization. All employees are invited and required to set up an account. We use Shared Folders regularly so that everyone has access to specific login information necessary to run our business. Before using LastPass, we had an Excel spreadsheet. The only security the spreadsheet had was a generic name and that it was saved in a random location on our server.
  • Shared Folders are so great for our business. There are some applications we use that although we each have our own login info, sometimes, someone needs to log in as someone else. This saves the hassle of tracking down the user and getting the login info.
  • The ability to fill in user info such as names, addresses, and payment information is a huge time saver. No longer does a user have to pull out a credit card, or ask someone for a credit card number. Rather than taking the time to fill out addresses, emails, etc., the user can choose another item, and it's filled immediately.
  • Turning on master password security for client login info or payment info lends an extra, extra level of security. Even if someone forgets to log out of LastPass, an unauthorized user would not be able to delve into sensitive information.
  • LastPass for Applications is a great tool because rather than opening a browser, copying the username and password, and then pasting that info in an application, a user can just login from the desktop. It also lets the user turn on the feature that anytime the computer goes to sleep, LastPass is automatically logged out.
  • LastPass for Applications could use some improvement. When I set up a new application, I have to use the Training feature to get it to work.
  • I haven't fully figured out how to make policies for my users so that they have to use specific functions of LastPass.
I think LastPass for Business is appropriate for anyone with a business who has login information. It doesn't matter if it's a one-man shop, or a huge organization. It's a great way to add security to accounts and to make sure everyone is on the same page.

I can't really think of any scenarios where LastPass for Business is not appropriate.
When we first started using LastPass Enterprise, LastPass for Applications didn't exist, and SSO and MFA weren't options. We still don't use SSO, and MFA is currently optional for our users, but since most of our applications are desktop rather than cloud-based, the LastPass for Applications improvement was a huge win for us.
April 08, 2020

Great feature set, very secure with ugly and confusing UI

We use LastPass to share credentials securely with our coworkers. For example, if I want to share the WiFi password with a new coworker, I'll use LastPass.
  • Tracks usage and nudges your employees to switch onto LastPass if they haven't been using it (very useful for SOC-2 compliance).
  • Auto-fill works very smoothly and properly predicts the username and password field to fill in 99+% of the time.
  • Makes it easy and secure to share passwords with coworkers.
  • UI is not nearly as clean or beautiful as 1Password (which I use on my personal laptop).
  • Browser plugin semi-rarely crashes without warning or error message and stop opening until you restart browser.
  • Not as secure as 1Password. LastPass servers have been hacked more times (albeit without losing any secure information) than 1Password.
If we are talking bang for your buck, LP for business is really cheap (currently $3/user/month) and works well enough 98% of the time for your employees. I personally really dislike the UI/UX but once I got used to it I'm about to make it fit well into my workflow. However, there is a small concern here if your company signed a SOC-2, HIPAA or other security compliance agreement--if your employees hate or are really confused by the UI they are less likely to use it and this can cause your company to violate your security compliance agreements. So, basically, you may want to buy something more expensive and user friendly if you are responsible for making sure everyone at your company uses a password manager.
LP admin interface always provisioning and managing all your company's employees very easy.
February 20, 2020

LastPass can help small teams succeed!

• Utilized by our Support Team.
  • Ensures passwords meet the complexity of today's standards.
  • Assists in auto-login to services, without having to go and look in a master password list.
  • Ensures passwords vary for customers.
  • Password management
  • Multi-user access
  • Support for RDP sessions.
  • Improved UI when saving passwords into specific folders.
  • Small teams requiring a cloud solution to keep secure information including passwords.
  • Automation: auto-filling passwords into websites such as O365, vendor portals, etc.
I can see issues when more than 25 people shared the same business password list. The UI is focused on teams of less than 25 people. The more passwords, the clunkier it will get, but unfortunately, I haven't found a solution that does scale well when dealing with 1000+ passwords.
February 10, 2020

LastPass for Business, a convenient tool for maintaining security best practices

We're currently using it across our organization to assist with secure password management. It's a great tool for sharing common passwords across the company or within a subset of users where needed (e.g. services with single user accounts/testing accounts/etc.). It also has effective monitoring to ensure everyone is using secure passwords (e.g. strength scores) and warns of cases like password re-use. With LastPass we can maintain a high level of security by requiring strong passwords and multi-factor authentication.
  • Provides secure password/secure note sharing.
  • Auto-generation and storage of highly secure passwords.
  • The browser extension can be buggy and will occasionally lock you out.
  • Could be more forthcoming about their own security incidents.
Scenarios where LastPass for Business is well suited:
- Small/Medium sized companies looking to enforce a higher standard of security among employees password management. Also for those who need a certain level of auditing to achieve security compliance.
- Cases where you have sensitive security information (e.g. encryption keys) to share across the company or parts of the company.

Scenarios where LastPass for Business is less suited:
- I'm not convinced LastPass for Business would scale well in a larger organization. The user management can be a bit awkward and permissions within LastPass may not be granular enough.
At our current rate of growth we've had no challenges around onboarding or offboarding employees with LastPass. However, we've only used it with relatively small sets of users. I'm sure it would be more challenging to maintain with hundreds or thousands of users as the UX around user grouping and granular access control can be a little messy.
January 17, 2020

Everything our team needs for password management.

We use it across the entire org. We have sub-folders/directories specific to each department and it works great. We can manage who has and can give access to our important information. We have a lead for each team/department who controls what their team needs access to. We have a general admin who monitors and sets these up. We haven't tried 1Pass for business, but that's because LastPass has always done what we need.
  • User and team management.
  • Security.
  • I think they should automatically require SMS recovery as part of account setup, but it's now part of our onboarding process to do so.
  • Because of reason above, one of our team members had to start an all new account. Luckily it was early in his tenure, but seems easily avoidable to be honest.
LastPass allows us to save all of our passwords and only give access to people who need it. The user/group management has always worked well for us. I presume 1pass is comparable, but we haven't had a need to try since we started with LastPass. I feel like every business needs a password management solution, and we haven't looked back since we started.
It worked well for our small business of about 30 people, but I don't know how it works for significantly larger orgs. I'd imagine it does well, but don't have personal experience with it. I use it personally with my wife and I, in addition to our company though, and we've never had a complaint. As we add/replace employees, this gives us a quick way to remove their access, and give it to new employees. Most importantly, when a password changes, everyone gets the updated password right away.
Nate Casimiro | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 05, 2019

An Easy-to-Use Password Manager

Currently, LastPass is being used by the IT and Marketing departments, with the eventual plan to roll out company-wide. The tool solves the common issues around password management for individuals and teams. Issues like not remembering your password, having weak passwords, needing to share passwords with other users, preventing passwords from being shared incorrectly, etc.
  • Works well with your Chrome browser, similar to autofill.
  • Allows you to link a personal account and divide passwords between accounts.
  • Allows you to let users copy and paste the password without seeing it.
  • Allows you to share passwords and manage permissions.
  • Scores and advises against weak passwords.
  • Has an app for iOS and Android.
  • The interface is easy to use but still feels a bit clunky to me at times.
  • I have had issues setting permissions multiple times in the paste. I think this feature is not the most intuitive.
Most modern businesses will benefit from a password manager. For example, you do not want your social media account credentials getting into the wrong hands. This goes for most tools. Using a tool that makes it easier to change the password in one place for everyone and help revoke permissions as necessary keeps your accounts safe and your team operating efficiently.
LastPass is very easy to scale from small to large businesses as it contains robust permissioning and team building tools. The cost per user only decreases as you add users. It is easy to utilize and is built for and excels at swapping or revoking permissions and re-configuring as need be.
Read Nate Casimiro's full review
Craige Hardel | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 26, 2019

Really decent product

We use it to share important and confidential passwords and notes. Especially when hiring freelancers it makes the password-sharing process seamless and without much risk.

It has saved a lot of time because we don't have to remember password and cannot compromise on security. And it is across mostly all platforms which makes it easier to use and maintain.
  • Secure and well protected.
  • Easier to control external access.
  • Multi platform and even on Linux.
  • Expensive for many employees especially contractors (temporary ones).
  • They don't accept PayPal for payments. No reminders prior to renewal.
  • App should have a dark mode. Almost impossible to use at night.
LastPass for Business is suited for organizations where passwords are commonly shared. E.g. Instagram and social media management. It is only useful for granting and maintaining privacy and access especially for tasks such as updating and making changes to websites. The reporting really allows me to monitor and catch any unscrupulous activity within the account and company passwords.
It has been quite scalable and handles users well. I've heard of a few breaches and compromises. They seem to be handled but the frequency erodes some trust.

So it is scalable but with security concerns. It does cover most if not all of my needs so I can't complain much there.
Read Craige Hardel's full review
Jill Liegghio | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 15, 2019

LastPass? EVERYBODY should use this.

We are currently deploying LastPass to a group of beta testers, with the hope of potentially making it available enterprise-wide. I'm one of less than 10 who is currently using the product to solve the problem of maintaining multiple user IDs and passwords. I probably have more than 75 active passwords that I was keeping in a local OneNote file. However, you still have to type your credentials into the websites or copy and paste. With LastPass, these are automatically completed through the software.
  • Keeps multiple passwords and user IDs for both computer and mobile applications.
  • Allows user to remember just one master password to access all accounts.
  • Recommends secure, unique passwords so you don't have to try to come up with them and risk repeating / forgetting any.
  • At times it can overwrite your user name with another piece of data. For instance, if you have multiple sign in points on the same site or if you have an additional level of authentication - like a token key - it may overwrite a part of your credentials.
  • Sometimes if you move the credentials into folders - for instance, Business, Banking, Personal - it may not pull up the credential the next time you access the website. It would seem that it matters where it is stored in LastPass when you save your data.
  • It won't always auto-populate your credentials when accessing them from a website.
  • They have a sharing feature - so you can provide passwords to other individuals. But we've have difficulty getting this to work.
I recommend this to any business professional who has to handle multiple accounts or has accounts that time out very quickly. It's no surprise that you spend a GREAT DEAL of time finding and typing passwords. And worse, even once you get all the information stored somewhere, you may have to create a new password again after 60 days. That old way of doing things needs to go by the wayside. When I see someone with a paper book full of passwords, I spread the news.
There doesn't seem to be any limit to the number of credentials this software can house and this is ONLY the free version. Honestly, I feel everyone can benefit from this freeware version. In the future, we will look to license it for Enterprise use. Maybe we will even require it as the only permissible way to keep passwords.
Read Jill Liegghio's full review
Kevin Banovic | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 13, 2019

LastPass - can't live without it.

We use LastPass to store web, system and application passwords, encryption keys, and service account information for our development and IT departments. It's great to have a comprehensive, easy-to-use product where we can centrally store our important information and share it with the appropriate users within our organization.
  • The convenience of having all of you passwords secured and stored in one central location
  • Saves time by automatically logging in to websites
  • Not having to remember an endless list of long, convoluted passwords
  • Thankfully, support is rarely needed - because LogMeIn support is abysmal
  • Sometimes the web plugins for Chrome/Firefox stop working, but this is as much a Mozilla/Google problem as it is a LogMeIn/LastPass problem
If you have a lot of passwords or keys that need to be secured, centrally located, shareable, and manageable, LastPass for Business is a great solution. Not as feature-rich as a SecretServer type offering, but it is also much more affordable. It is also a great solution for the less tech-savvy.
LastPass is a tool I use every day. I work on multiple computers running multiple platforms in multiple locations - and to have all of the credentials I need follow me wherever I go on whatever machine I use is invaluable. And, like I said before - the price is right.
Read Kevin Banovic's full review
October 31, 2019

The LAST password management you'll ever need!

Our organization uses a multitude of websites and services to run our operations and LastPass for Business has enabled us to cut down on time required to login to these sites and greatly increased our security. Our team is made up of both technical and non-technical resources, before Lastpass for Business, logins and passwords were stored on a shared Google Sheet with very poor access control and very lax security. As our business matured and our clients demanded more rigorous security controls, the need became apparent for a password management solution that was both user-friendly to accommodate all levels of technical expertise on the time, robust and scalable. Several solutions were looked at, both in-house and external vendors and our business settled on Lastpass for Business. One of the key selling points was that most of our team were already using Lastpass for their own personal use so their familiarity with software played a key role in adopting it. Our BU leaders and IT Staff now easily control access to the tool and we've integrated it in the onboarding and exiting of employees. We now meet and exceed many security requirements and have been able to adopt very complex passwords that aren't easy to guess or remember. The browser extension for Chrome is also very easy to use, intuitive and requires little to no effort.
  • Ability to have LastPass for Business create very complex passwords beyond the minimum requirements, we typically aim for 24-character passwords where supported and shy away from words which could be used in a brute force or dictionary attack.
  • Integration with major OS and Browsers make LastPass for Business a clear winner for being user-friendly, intuitive and adaptable.
  • Access controls are greatly improved over the previous in-house worksheet method of keeping track of logins and passwords.
  • Small learning curve with how to use the tool and how to have it auto-populate login fields automatically or force it to when it doesn't happen on its own.
  • Difficult to integrate or use both LastPass for Personal use and LastPass for Business use together at the same time.
We use many SaaS in our BU, I can count about 20 off the top of my head and they all have separate and distinct logins. Some sites are used more often than others and we forbid employees from saving login information locally on their browser. When needing to access one of these sites or know what resources are available to our team, employees can open the LastPass for Business Vault and all our sites, including the most frequently accessed ones are right there. The speed at which our team can now view and access sites had definitely cut down on downtime and chatter within the channels for people looking for logins and passwords.
LastPass for Business is almost infinitely scalable as to the number of users and sites/logins stored within it. For our business with ~100 employees and about 35 logins currently stored, this solution is perfect. We have no concerns about how well LastPass for Business can scale and adapt to our growing business needs over time.
January 10, 2020

LastPass: manage your enterprise passwords securely

Used to manage and share passwords securely and to ensure complex passwords are enforced across the company.
  • Password management
  • Random password generation
  • Enterprise management of passwords.
  • More control over the password sharing capabilities.
Does what it says on the box: manage passwords. A must for any company that values its information and wants to ensure strong passwords are used.
Haven't used the product long enough to give an opinion on scalability.
December 11, 2019

Great for storing large amounts of client passwords securely

Used to safely store passwords related to client and company accounts. We manage a lot of clients at a time and obviously remembering so many passwords isn't realistic, but emailing/Slacking them back and forth can feel like a security concern. LastPass solves this problem by remembering the passwords for us which speeds up our workflow and prevents people from pinging each other to ask what the password is.
  • Easy to set up.
  • Does what it claims to do.
  • Occasional random logouts, but these are seldom.
  • Very rarely, it won't prompt me to ask if I want to remember a password.
This is an excellent tool for people who manage a lot of accounts at a time, particularly in client settings. I use it to manage a variety of passwords including Gmail/Drive passwords, client passwords, and passwords for individual tools. It's much more secure than the Chrome password keeping tool which is why I have it.
Can handle a large amount of passwords if you need it to. As we gain more clients we also gain more data that we need to have secured, and LastPass allows us to store this data securely regardless of how fast or slow we grow.
Sam Othman | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 23, 2019

Essential to every enterprise, as well as individuals

We implemented LastPass a few years ago as we had a massive gap with passwords. We use a lot of shared accounts for various vendors and suppliers and the accounts were constantly being locked out. We now use shared vaults, backed by AD sync and groups to automatically provision the correct access to the right teams.

It has also reduced our password resets on individual accounts dramatically and increased our security on enforcing stronger passwords, pushing new accounts into vaults as opposed to emailing them around the place and stopping people writing passwords down in books and on sticky notes.
  • Password Autofill - Since our users no longer need to know what their password actually is now, we can enforce strong, long passwords.
  • AD Sync - Makes life as an admin so much easier. We have set up a process when provisioning users into AD that once they have their departmental group it will automatically provision them the required vaults for their job roles.
  • Push Sites to Users - This feature is invaluable. When we create new user accounts, we simply use a CSV file to push the account details into the user's vaults. No need to email or print welcome emails full of passwords.
  • Roles - The roles are relatively new and the idea behind them is good. The only thing that I want to be able to do is give the admins of other systems access to use the push sites to users feature. That way when non-IT people are creating accounts for other systems they can push the accounts in without sending to IT to do.
  • Pricing - We have had massive pricing increases each year since we brought it in. They say it is because they have implemented so many new features, which is fair enough except we don't use many if any of the new features. If they could bring in a modular pricing model so we can pay for the base system and then purchase any required add-ons we use, that would be much more beneficial for us. We nearly had to scrap the system this renewal simply because the price had quite literally tripled since the first invoice.
  • Update Username - I came across an issue with our environment as we have multiple email domains that when a user moved departments and their domain changed in AD, it would break the LastPass connection between them. It must identify on an email level as opposed to some kind of GUID. When we wanted to update the usernames of everyone to a generic domain to mitigate this problem. We had to do it manually with each user as there was no way to do it from the console.
LastPass is essential in every company and in everyday life. I have it set up with our 235 users across 2 companies, as well as personally at home. I no longer use generic passwords across all my systems, I now have long complex passwords, secured with LastPass & MFA. I have no situations in which LastPass is not suitable, other than the affordability of the Enterprise version. There is a free version with basic functionality which could be suitable in small companies but is not sustainable in larger companies that need global administration and AD syncing.
Very, very easy to scale. The only downside to the scaling is the licensing. It has been such a battle to get the contract renewed with the tripling of price. Money aside, for us it is as simple as applying for more licensing, or using a site license and simply approving the new users that have synced in from AD. They receive a welcome email and after setting up their master password they are ready to use it in minutes.
Read Sam Othman's full review
Marcelo de Vasconcellos | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 17, 2019

"One Ring to Rule Them All": LastPass helps to control all your passwords

Weak passwords present a real threat to sensitive information and each day we need to login in a number of online services. Security experts tell us that passwords must be long, not based on real words and, ideally, mix letters, numbers, and symbols. They also tell us to use a specific password for each service. This makes difficult to remember correctly an increasing number of passwords. In a professional environment, this can lead to all sort of problems. LastPass provides an easy and safe way to access different services without having to rely on one's memory, or even on text notes.
  • It is easy to set up. It works as a browser add-on, allowing to enter passwords manually or in bulk.
  • It works seamlessly, offering to save passwords as you log in to apps and websites.
  • It has a nice "Security Challenge" feature, which tests the strength of your passwords.
  • It stores and automatically fills web forms.
  • LastPass's autofill function can be confusing for newbies.
  • The Vault, LastPass's main interface screen, could benefit from a better interface design.
  • LastPass is accessed through entering a master password. Despite the fact that this master password is not stored in LastPass servers, the hint for it can be stored, harming a bit of the security aspect.
LastPass is recommended both for professional and home users. It shines as an easy way to access websites and apps without having to enter a single password. It allows for the creation of strong passwords, and even suggests them, enhancing the security of the work environment, particularly in businesses that deal with very sensitive data. It also warns when you enter a password already used in another site, actively helping to develop safer internet habits.
LastPass is a per-user app, and each user has to set up and manage his/her own LastPass account. Each user has to keep secure the master password for his/her particular account since without it it is not possible to recover the stored passwords. That being said, it is not a difficult task, and it should not impact negatively the adoption process of this solution.
Read Marcelo de Vasconcellos's full review
Kenneth Hess | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 12, 2019

LastPass: At Last a Convenient Password Manager to Remember those !@#$% Passwords.

We use LastPass only in certain areas of the company. It's not a company-wide deployment. It helps us keep a central location for shared system passwords and other relevant information. Each LastPass entry can have notes, URLs, and a lot of other information that is useful to other users and admins. The biggest benefit is that the LastPass vault has to be kept up to date as part of its functionality--meaning that the information kept for a system or a site is always up to date if it's used or accessed at all.
  • I like that you can keep personal credentials in it as well as corporate ones without switching accounts. Only the credentials you share can be seen by anyone else.
  • LastPass is cross-platform meaning that I can use it on my phone, on a Mac, on a PC, on a Chromebook, and even on a Kiosk system at a hotel.
  • LastPass can be protected by two-factor authentication, which I strongly suggest that you use because passwords alone are not good protection.
  • Sometimes when you update your password, LastPass adds a new entry rather than just updating the old one.
  • I wish sharing credentials was a little easier to do. It's kind of a multi-step, non-intuitive process to share and I'm never really sure that the credentials are shared.
  • After someone shares a credential, you have to run a refresh in LastPass, which is kind of annoying. Sharing should refresh automatically so that the newly shared credential is automatically available to all parties.
Whether you need to easily keep track of multiple site credentials as an individual or as a group, it is very useful and really essential. It is a secure vault in which to store your information. I can't think of any scenario where it wouldn't work or would be inappropriate. LastPass will generate very strong passwords for you and then not reveal them unless you explicitly want them revealed, which is a great feature. I see LastPass being useful for groups of people who share access to systems or to sites and any updates made are automatically available to all group members. It's very handy and I think it's an essential tool.
It doesn't matter how many users you have, there is no usability limit. I don't think our business requirements have evolved enough to measure LastPass' capability to match that growth or evolution but it certainly does a good job and we've had no issues with it and I've used it personally and at two other corporate locations.
Read Kenneth Hess's full review
Leah Jakaitis | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 02, 2019

Secure repository for saving & sharing logins and other sensitive information

LastPass is used across the entire organization for secure password management. It has a variety of applications and uses: it can generate secure passwords, store passwords, share passwords within an organization, and save one's personal passwords. Additionally, secure information can be stored within LastPass (for instance, login information or PINs) for reference. It provides a storage platform and integrates with 2FA (2-factor authentication) services for added security to private or sensitive information.
  • Integrates with web browsers.
  • Organizes stored password/access information for sharing and single-user access to passwords.
  • Integrates with 2-factor authentication services for an added layer of security.
  • Interface, setup, usability can be a little counterintuitive for new users.
  • No warnings prior to auto-populating insecure forms on websites.
LastPass is great for storing, organizing, and sharing secure information. Its primary purpose is to store passwords and logins for websites (like email, SaaS platforms, etc), but it can also be used to store secure information (in text format), too. It's amazing for sharing logins across an organization or group, and can easily segment personal and business login information. If you have multiple logins for business/personal (Gmail, for instance), you must be mindful about selecting the correct account when logging in/out.
LastPass scales readily for organization size changes. An internal document outlining setup and organization/use methods has been very helpful in getting organization buy-in for use. Like any IT tool, it requires setup by a staff member and employees should expect to spend 10-15 minutes figuring out the platform, its organization, and how it works. However, it does readily deploy to a large workforce and is an amazing tool for consolidating and sharing secure information across departments.
Read Leah Jakaitis's full review
Fedor Paretsky | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 02, 2019

Awesome integrations and support!

LastPass is used personally/individually in our organization. It is a simple password and secure notes storage service that syncs across multiple users. We encourage our organization to use it because it helps enforce password security across our service and encourages generally better security practices across the board. Many of our services also enforce higher-than-average security standards, including long and complex passwords, and LastPass helps our users follow those standards.
  • LastPass has great extensions for most devices that sync up really simply. It's really simple to plug in passwords on iOS, macOS.
  • Good security support. LastPass comes with a lot of 2FA authentication support on their free plans, and Yubikey support on the more premium plans.
  • Security Challenge - This is an awesome feature that lets you audit the security of all of your passwords based on age, length/complexity, and compromised account emails. It's really useful to keep your accounts secure across the board.
  • Can be expensive - To be able to sync across more than just two devices and other security features, you need LastPass premium, which adds up quite a bit since it is billed annually.
  • Safari integration is poorly designed. Unlike Chrome, the LastPass extension for Safari requires a physical program to be opened up in macOS, which sometimes gets in the way of productivity. It doesn't make much sense since LastPass's Safari extension used to be part of the browser just like Chrome.
  • It's difficult to restore access to a LastPass account if it's last security method is lost (such as a recovery phone number) - I've heard that the process for account recovery can be quite difficult/long.
For simple and secure password storage in a central database, it's easy to do this on the free LastPass plans. If you need passwords to sync up across multiple devices and have more security options in-place, it is worth looking at alternatives, because they have similar options that are a bit more affordable than LastPass premium.
As mentioned before, the integrations/extensions that are provided by LastPass out of the box are very easy to set up and maintain security. It only takes a since account login with a secure master password to add an existing LastPass account to a new device. This product is clearly scalable and useable for a large team that may have a multitude of devices.
Read Fedor Paretsky's full review
David Tanner | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 09, 2019

The LastPassword sharing for employees

We use LastPass to securely share passwords to databases and servers. This allows us to keep secure track of where passwords are, without having to worry about sensitive information being exposed on each developers computer in plaintext files. Since LastPass can be used anywhere online it allows us to move faster, and to use more secure passwords.
  • Admin management is nice to have at a higher level.
  • Secure storage of passwords in the LastPass system is much more secure than slack or email.
  • I have been using LastPass personally for eight years, and never had an issue.
  • Sometimes LastPass will miss login fields for unknown reasons
  • The chrome plugin sometimes wants to fill in non-password fields, or security question fields with your password
  • The popups whenever LastPass thinks you changed a password can be annoying on certain sites, not many.
When a database admin creates a new database and needs to share credentials, LastPass offers the most secure way, depending on the developers master password, to share them out. I have seen passwords shared over email in zip files with a different password shared over Slack, but that still leaves the file on the developer's machine, and in plaintext after unzipping.
Read David Tanner's full review
Tom Erdman | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 26, 2019

LastPass makes password management so easy your users will actually use it

We decided to evaluate a couple of the industry password vaults for some of our multi-media folks that have to share passwords off-site. We haven't actually bit the bullet and bought the business edition, but several folks have converted to LastPass for their personal password management.
  • LastPass's mobility is a key strength. It has great mobile device integration and can be updated from anywhere.
  • The ease of organizing the password vault and it's overall simplicity of use make it an easy product to implement.
  • Helpful tools such as browser extensions and easy to use password generator elevate the product.
  • Parts of the mobile phone integration isn't as easy to figure out as I'd like.
  • Sometimes context menus vary slightly across devices which can complicate the use of LastPass slightly.
  • The 'launch' feature in the vault is sporadic. I would expect it to automatically log you in, but it only does about 40% of the time.
LastPass is a cloud solution, so you have all of your traditional security heartburn associated with that. That being said, it is very easy to use, and its ability to sync across platforms has undeniable benefits. We have a different solution for in-house, on-premise admin credentials, but folks that have to be in the field and use multiple devices regularly appreciate it.
We had a minimum deployment, but as a cloud solution, I don't foresee any issues with LastPass scaling.
Read Tom Erdman's full review

ID-Management Access Control (13)
ID Management Single-Sign On (SSO) (8)
Multi-Factor Authentication (11)
Password Management (19)
9.4
Account Provisioning and De-provisioning (12)
ID Management Workflow Automation (6)
ID Risk Management (9)

About LastPass for Business

LastPass for Business is identity management software that covers password management, single sign-on, and multifactor authentication. LastPass business solutions aim to help teams & businesses take control of their identity management by providing unified visibility across every entry point to the user’s business. From cloud and mobile apps to legacy on-premise tools, the vendor says LastPass' purpose is to help businesses be more secure, maintain compliance, and increase productivity.

LastPass for Business Technical Details