Overall Satisfaction with LastPass for Business
We used LastPass at the Leadership level to ensure that any and all critical application credentials, and credentials for internal on-prem services, were available to the full team. This allowed us to respond quickly to emergencies regardless of which members of the Leadership team were online or available at the time.
- Storing passwords and other credentials.
- Sharing passwords and other credentials with users/sets of users.
- Organizing credentials into custom categories for easier navigation.
- Allowing users with shared credentials to use those credentials in the UI.
- Accessing multiple sets of credentials for the same service in the UI.
- Reduced reliance on insecure methods like shared spreadsheets and physical notes.
- Reduced time-to-action for emergency response.
User management and sharing settings are arduous - the tool scales to any size, but more users means more management in the clunkiest part of the UI.
Do you think LastPass for Business delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with LastPass for Business's feature set?
Did LastPass for Business live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of LastPass for Business go as expected?
Would you buy LastPass for Business again?
I never engaged directly with live support, but all of the help documentation and onboarding training were effective to meet my needs.
LastPass is great if you're looking for a lightweight service to store credentials and you'd like to share those credentials with a defined group of other users. The UI can be clunky, especially when storing on-prem credentials or storing multiple sets of credentials for the same service, but the price is right and the security policies are top-notch.