Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Liquibase, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Starting price (does not include set up fee)
- $5,000 per year
Liquibase is a database schema change automation tool that helps teams release software faster and safer by bringing the database change process into existing CI/CD automation. According to the 2021 Accelerate State of DevOps Report, elite performers are 3.4 times more likely to incorporate database change management into their process than low performers. Liquibase delivers DevOps for the database.
Liquibase value proposition:
Liquibase speeds up the development process. The vendor states that teams that use Liquibase deploy 233% more often. Liquibase helps teams break through the database bottleneck of manual reviews to get features to customers faster.
Liquibase aims to eliminate database code errors, boasting a 94% reduction in errors. Liquibase allows teams to fully test and roll back database changes before they get to production.
Liquibase empowers teams to collaborate. By treating database code like application code, Liquibase is designed to make it easier for app developers to work with the database team leveraging the same tools that they’re already comfortable with.
No one enjoys missing date night or a dance recital because the database deployment failed. Many teams rely on DBAs and database developers to fix issues and manually review code 24/7. Liquibase helps automate tedious manual, error-prone processes so that the database team can focus on more important tasks.
Liquibase offers several editions to meet the needs of software teams and organizations of all shapes and sizes.
Liquibase Community edition is an open source project started in 2006. Downloaded over 75M times, it continues to be the most powerful and most widely used database version control tool on the planet. The Liquibase open source community has over 1200 contributors and a program for supporting users.
Liquibase Community edition works with dozens of database platforms including relational and NoSQL databases.
Liquibase Pro supports agile, iterative development to help automatically build quality into the user's process. Built on the foundation of Liquibase Community, Liquibase Pro provides a growing list of advanced features as well as professional support from the team that develops Liquibase. With the inclusion of Liquibase Hub, Liquibase Pro provides centralized auditing, visibility, and metrics around the database change processes managed with Liquibase within your CI/CD pipelines.
Liquibase Pro supports dozens of database platforms including relational and NoSQL databases.
Liquibase Enterprise provides enhanced security, flexible deployment, and premier support for businesses at the vanguard of IT and those in regulated industries. Liquibase Enterprise offers advanced rules and deployment checks for automated speed, safety, and compliance. Organizations that want to take the risk out of any database deployment can forecast the impact of changes on a target database in any environment.
Liquibase Enterprise supports enterprise database platforms: SQLServer, MySQL, Oracle, DB2, PostgreSQL, EnterpriseDB.
- Octopus Deploy
- CloudBees Jenkins Platform
- JFrog Artifactory
- Azure DevOps Services
- AWS CodeDeploy
- Oracle Database
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Amazon Redshift
- Azure SQL Database
- Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS)
- Amazon Aurora
- Google BigQuery
- MariaDB Platform
- Google Cloud Spanner
- Apache Cassandra
- EDB Postgres Advanced Server
- Percona XtraDB Cluster
- Apache Hive
- SAP MaxDB
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||10%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||40%|
|Enterprises (more than 500 employees)||50%|
|Deployment Types||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems||Windows, Linux, Mac|
- Manage version
- Manage default data
- Help in creating testing environment
- Need to improve in maintaining Store procedure
- Changelog of existing database
- easy updates
- safety with checksums
- Documentation is not always easy to find, for example on tags or rollback definitions in SQL format
- Weird behaviour if sql file has not the first comment line
- Database change process.
- Automating tracking.
- Speed of automating.
- Data storage.
- SQL code development & deployment
- Managing SQL database
- Multiple DB engines support
- More options for SQL format (not all features are available compared to XML format)
- Automate DB Deployment
- Rollback DB changes
- Audit and Security features
- Native support for Jenkins
- Native support for Pega Deployment manager
- Preventing the duplicate SQL script execution
- Easy implementation and usage
- More comprensive documentation
- Liquibase & Oracle database integration - There are some limitations that need to be improved.
- liquibase advaced tutorials for DBAs & DevOps people
- capture existing database schema
- executing database changes at ease.
- configure with almost all dbs.
- make configuration more use - friendly way so that easy to do.
- give other options too for deployments.
- improvement in open source version.
- Automation of execution of database scripts
- Maintain rollbacks which make it easier in case of any need in rollback
- Database independent scripts makes it more re-usable
- Pre-bundle scripts with Gradle, ant with specific target already written
- A fancy GUI to generate reports on current state of database
- A GUI/other ways to generate database level reports like ER diagram
- Flexible schema change. Supports SQL, XML, YAML and JSON formats.
- Auto-generate scripts. Automatically generate SQL scripts for reviews.
- Real-time monitoring & visibility.
- Current schema view
- Schema comparisons
- Script build and deployment
- Compare script reports
- Error handling but can be improved
- DB versions supported
- the build has a very tedious process - taking backup and restoring for every script to be processed
- Error handling, many errors are left unmanaged due to which finding the root cause of the issue is difficult
- HTML reports can be optimized for low space
- Permissions management i.e. in case of the build is failing, permissions can be checked beforehand. rather than failing in process execution.
- Project creation from TSV files makes it complicated
- Create or migrate to a defined database schema in a controlled fashion
- Integrates well with Spring and Maven
- Supports both "code first" and "database first" approaches
- In some cases, differences between RDBMS products leak through the abstraction layer
- Running schema update on application startup increases administration complexity (DB user with augmented rights needs to be configured within the application)
- Documentation is exhaustive, but sometimes is lacking helpful examples
- Database Change Deployment
- Deployment Reporting
- Database Change Rollback
- CI/CD Integration
- Current Schema View
- Schema Comparisons