We are currently using Maxwell Health to manager our annual open enrollment for benefits, as well as for new employee enrollment into benefit plans. All employees use Maxwell Health to select their benefit plan choices. Employees are able to see the cost of each plan as they are considering their options. The system will change the employees cost share in real time to allow them to make the most informed decision. Additionally, Maxwell Health allows employees to review the plan documents for each benefit plan during open enrollment and throughout the year. Maxwell Health provides filling forms that move from the employee to the employer for enrollment/change to approval. This has allowed us to cut down on the need to print and store forms that contain sensitive information. We have incorporated Maxwell Health's form workflow to include other human resource documents that require approvals. Maxwell Health provides employees with one location to go to for their benefit needs.
- Maxwell Health does a very good job of providing employees the useful information they need to make an informed decision regarding their benefits. This includes pricing and benefit plan summaries.
- The form approval workflow allows employees to complete necessary forms from a location of their choice. This means that they can make more informed decisions in an environment that may includes other decision makers, reduces the need to bring sensitive personal information to the workplace, and can be done at a time that is convenient for their schedule.
- Maxwell Health provides a place to post information that employees may need from time to time. This includes information on benefits, instructional information for completing forms and an employee handbook.
- I would like a greater ability to attach files to an employee record to create an electronic personnel file. This include benefit enrollment forms to others forms attached through a scanning function.
- The approval workflow can be cumbersome at times as a small change will trigger the form being returned to the employee for their approval and thus resetting the approval process. I understand this is necessary, but it is a delay when the change is small and doesn't effect the benefit selection process.
- Greater portability of information with more providers through EDI feeds would be helpful.
Read Rob Foti's full review
Maxwell Health is well suited to assist employers with the administration of open enrollment for employees. It provides the employee the necessary information to make informed decisions, allows them to do so at a time and place of their choosing. Additionally, it can assist employers with an workflow that can be used whenever employee approval forms are required. Maxwell Health is not well suited to be used as an all encompassing employee personnel file. It has limitations on the information that can be attached to an employee record.