February 27, 2018
Score 9 out of 10
All employees are set up with a Maxwell Health self-serve account when they join the company. It allows them to see what benefits are available, costs and even plan documents that detail what is covered, deductibles, etc. We use the tool mainly for open enrollment, but employees can access at any time if they are looking for information about their benefits. There is a mobile app as well.
- Ease of Use.
- Ability to run admin reports on benefits and costs.
- It will make your open enrollment paper free!
- The reporting takes some getting used to, but it is robust.
- ACA reporting data file is HUGE, a lot to look through.
- Admin email alerts are not super specific.
Read Glen Gehrkens, PHR, SHRM-CP's full review
Definitely could work for any size company who is looking to move away from paper forms and offer self serve to employees. If you don't have a main HRIS system where you are tracking benefits/costs, Maxwell will do the job. I can't really think of a scenario where Maxwell is not well suited for a company, unless that company really loves paper forms. Even then, you could just use Maxwell as an admin and accept paper from employees and make the edits.