We are currently using Maxwell Health to manager our annual open enrollment for benefits, as well as for new employee enrollment into …
We use Maxwell Health to manage our current benefits that the company offers. It is used across the whole organization for all employees. …
All employees are set up with a Maxwell Health self-serve account when they join the company. It allows them to see what benefits are …
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Maxwell Health, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
Boston-based Maxwell Health offers their specialized benefits administration platform and marketplace for a shopping-like experience of plan selection and benefits enrollment.
Companies can't remove reviews or game the system. Here's why
We are currently using Maxwell Health to manager our annual open enrollment for benefits, as well as for new employee enrollment into benefit plans. All employees use Maxwell Health to select their benefit plan choices. Employees are able to see the cost of each plan as they are considering their options. The system will change the employees cost share in real time to allow them to make the most informed decision. Additionally, Maxwell Health allows employees to review the plan documents for each benefit plan during open enrollment and throughout the year. Maxwell Health provides filling forms that move from the employee to the employer for enrollment/change to approval. This has allowed us to cut down on the need to print and store forms that contain sensitive information. We have incorporated Maxwell Health's form workflow to include other human resource documents that require approvals. Maxwell Health provides employees with one location to go to for their benefit needs.
- Maxwell Health does a very good job of providing employees the useful information they need to make an informed decision regarding their benefits. This includes pricing and benefit plan summaries.
- The form approval workflow allows employees to complete necessary forms from a location of their choice. This means that they can make more informed decisions in an environment that may includes other decision makers, reduces the need to bring sensitive personal information to the workplace, and can be done at a time that is convenient for their schedule.
- Maxwell Health provides a place to post information that employees may need from time to time. This includes information on benefits, instructional information for completing forms and an employee handbook.
- I would like a greater ability to attach files to an employee record to create an electronic personnel file. This include benefit enrollment forms to others forms attached through a scanning function.
- The approval workflow can be cumbersome at times as a small change will trigger the form being returned to the employee for their approval and thus resetting the approval process. I understand this is necessary, but it is a delay when the change is small and doesn't effect the benefit selection process.
- Greater portability of information with more providers through EDI feeds would be helpful.
Maxwell Health is well suited to assist employers with the administration of open enrollment for employees. It provides the employee the necessary information to make informed decisions, allows them to do so at a time and place of their choosing. Additionally, it can assist employers with an workflow that can be used whenever employee approval forms are required. Maxwell Health is not well suited to be used as an all encompassing employee personnel file. It has limitations on the information that can be attached to an employee record.
We use Maxwell Health to manage our current benefits that the company offers. It is used across the whole organization for all employees. It helps create unity across and benefits that are offered and creates great uniformity for all positions. We have not had many issues with confusion since it is very straightforward.
- Creates Uniformity
- Ease of Use
- Helps answer any questions about benefits
- It does not display all the details
- Could have more visible contact information
- The mobile platform is not as easy to use
Maxwell Health is easy to use and it provides a great way to manage all of the benefits offered by the company to the company as a whole. It answers many of the questions right there on the platform without the user having to contact any type of support. It saves time for the employee and makes them aware of what benefits they currently have.
All employees are set up with a Maxwell Health self-serve account when they join the company. It allows them to see what benefits are available, costs and even plan documents that detail what is covered, deductibles, etc. We use the tool mainly for open enrollment, but employees can access at any time if they are looking for information about their benefits. There is a mobile app as well.
- Ease of Use.
- Ability to run admin reports on benefits and costs.
- It will make your open enrollment paper free!
- The reporting takes some getting used to, but it is robust.
- ACA reporting data file is HUGE, a lot to look through.
- Admin email alerts are not super specific.
Definitely could work for any size company who is looking to move away from paper forms and offer self serve to employees. If you don't have a main HRIS system where you are tracking benefits/costs, Maxwell will do the job. I can't really think of a scenario where Maxwell is not well suited for a company, unless that company really loves paper forms. Even then, you could just use Maxwell as an admin and accept paper from employees and make the edits.