- Awesome integration with CRM/SFDC.
- Support is US-based, free with subscription, and very helpful.
- Best workflow capability (drag and drop) I've seen in any comparable product.
- Custom templates are available for purchase and are great for branding.
- Easy to use landing pages.
- Some bugs when using on a Mac.
- Turnover of support team - since acquisition by SalesEngine the Manticore team has changed quite a bit.
- Daily reports aren't as robust as some solutions - hard to get good company info on anonymous visits.
The program has allowed our company to automate our email campaigns and helps with all of our different event planning and event registrations (i.e. monthly webinars, tradeshows, etc.).
All the reasons listed above and more was why we selected a new marketing automation platform. We migrated over to Marketo.
On top of everything, the Sales Engine International sales team was so difficult to work with during the migration period, that we were forced to up our timeline and complete the migration in under 30 days, or risk being locked into another auto-renewed annual contract.
- Automating the marketing process
- Allows us to be flexible with our campaigns and emails
- Provides a repository of support/how-to documents
- Technical/customer support
- Overall compatibility with different internet browsers
- Email/template designer
As browsers and other programs (like our CRM environment) went through updates and new releases, Manticore just didn't keep up. Parts of the program became incompatible with certain browsers, forcing us to change where and how we logged into the back-end of the system. It was a silly workaround, but not the end of the world. When we learned that other client-facing portions didn't work with certain browsers, we brought it to their attention, and were told that we needed to find some way to work with it, and that the changes to the system were not possible. We ended up having to change our 200+ landing pages/forms, and could no longer have the State/Province field as a required field for registrations. That is just one example of our experience, and there have been others that are just as troublesome.
- CRM Integration - This product (Manticore) is extremely easy to integrate with Microsoft CRM and with Saleforce.com. It takes mere minutes to set up the integration and does not require IT support to integrate. Other systems I looked at required a days work for integration and an extra fee for integration and/or support.
- Marketing Automation - It is very easy to drag and drop actions for workflow development. Once an automated process is activated, it also shows you how many people are at what stage of the process and allows you to download these people at that particular step.
- Email Creation - Manticore gives you a variety of email creation options, Templates, WYSIWYG editor, and HTML code options. The tabs when creating an email are simple to follow and take you through each step to test and launch a campaign.
- List Building for Resends - I like to resend my email campaigns to non-openers and there is no easy way to pull this list within Manticore (If did not open this email is not an option). Typically I pull the report for the campaign, then re-import my list of non-openers to create a new list.
Sales Engine International Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Sales Engine International
Sales Engine International is a new company resulting from the merger of Manticore and Sales Engine in 2012.
The product has email marketing and landing page functionality with strong template libraries. The product provides connectors to both Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Salesforce.com.
Primary customers are SMBs.