https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/kf/8a/0SE4G31GI98L.JPEGWhy I have NO Regrets in switching to Service ChannelWe use ServiceChannel (SC) to create service requests at a restaurant level and to track those calls into proposals for larger projects, as well as small issues that need no more input. All invoicing is done thru SC, At this time our facilities department is the only active department, other than accounting who are using this on a daily basis. Our construction department is somewhat small and is still gathering invoices via mail, fax and e-mails. I am trying to get that construction department as well as our purchasing department to start migrating over to the SC system. The gathering and managing of new vendors as well as invoicing are the main problems that have been resolved by using SC.,ServiceChannel listens to me the user more than any other product I have ever been involved with. It seems like every few months there are some upgrades and improvements to an already great system. They have some great folks employed who are very accessible and very knowledgeable in this system, they are eager to help out and jump in, and they are never trying to up-sell me during these times. I believe they have some of the best practices around for helping out new vendors, who have never been exposed to any CMMS system, they help to ease the fear that contractors/vendors have from the onboarding process thru system training.,I think that there is room to improve the contractor side of their mobile app, to be more content rich and have more features and custom ability. I think there could be some use in setting up some regional training seminars across the country for both user and vendor to attend thru out the year. I would like to be able to add several pictures from my phone at one time, via the mobile app, and be able to draw or write on them as well.,10,It is increased Viability, no longer do VPs call their RMs who then call me or their operators to see what is the status of a particular project? anyone who wants to look can see and be heard via notes. Also in the gathering and processing of invoices, this used to be a very intensive job handled by many folks printing invoices and trying to send in and get approvals etc, all by hand.. the time and aggravation saved by going to this system has been well received and is worth every penny we paid, to end the madness.,It is very important to our goals. The operations folks are able to hold the general managers accountable as to when they sent in a service request by just looking, no longer are there stories of " I'm waiting for a call back" or "The vendor never came out here" heard, It is all in front of everyone and it is time stamped. So everyone is more on their toes. I find SC very helpful in conflict resolutions with contractors as well, because we have some actual facts, that will either help or hurt their claims. In almost every case I am able to look at factual evidence, not just who's story I believe more, this helps me to be impartial and rule based on facts and compliance with our policies etc.,,9,Yes,Price Product Features Product Usability Product Reputation Prior Experience with the Product Vendor Reputation,I'd like to see all of the top CMMS providers put together a simple sample for you to use, it would need to be on a scenario bases most likely, but being able to take some time and log into some different systems, and see how fast or not the info you want comes up, as well as getting used to thinking like the program does on your own time, might help you come to a conclusion quicker , as one will most likely stand out as a clear winner more than some others. And in the end, this is what you want, ease of use, and something that wont scare folks off, something friendly, yet effectiveAn honest review of the Service Channel platform by a multi-site facilities professional.The entire retail portion of our company uses ServiceChannel (SC) to upload and review work orders. It's our number one platform to identify and resolve issues within a store's physical footprint. I use the platform to manage the physical structure of all of our stores across the US, Canada, and Hawaii. I also use it for vendor management, data digging, and invoice oversight.,They offer a platform that enables seamless communication between the store, vendor, district manager, and myself (facilities manager). By utilizing the notes portion of the work order, all parties involved are notified and kept up to speed on any changes in real time. SC also allows independent specialization to meet the individual needs of each company. I have set up my dashboard to customize my desire for more detail or pictures per element. This has eliminated the necessity of a reply email to the store partners to upload a picture of the issue. I have it set up so individual elements will require a picture prior to the WO being created. This is a big time saver and forces good communication habits. There support staff is second to none. They are helpful and available to support your needs and the needs of your vendors.,Sometimes the functionality of the software is slow. Example...I insert a WO# into the home search box and it comes up with "nothing found". I return to the home screen and repeat the exact same process and it takes me to my WO. This happens at least 50% of the time. They just finished up with a system upgrade (I think), and during the 3 week period I could not pull mass approved invoices for my AP department. That was a real hindrance. I am not particularly fond of the new dashboard format. It's not as easy to move around in. However it's new and I'm sure I will get used to it quick enough.,10,SC allowed me to come into a new position with a territory that I was unfamiliar with and totally understand my market and needs within hours of starting my new job. I used the skills acquired from my former job to understand what I needed to know, and than I used the SC format to find the answers to my questions. SC allowed me to come into my new position 2 years ago and dramatically reduce my R&M costs in under a month. SC allowed me the opportunity to review total costs historically, and from there I was able to identify under-performing and over charging vendors. Once identified I was able to make the changes to get the appropriate vendors in the right spots for success. SC allows for very easy vendor change out. I was able to make mass changes to the entire portfolio in minutes rather than hours.,Facilities management has allowed me to produce the best product for the best price. By managing my vendors, spend, and WO creation I'm able to identify true issues vs nice to have issues. This gives me the opportunity to spend my time and resources on the most critical issues all the while keeping an eye on my budget. SC also offers the data to back up my cost saving efforts in an easy to read spread sheet.,,5,Yes,10,Yes,Okay, I'll go back to the invoice download issue. Once I identified it to Sue she worked to find me a work around. That work around involved her personally downloading the invoices and sending them over to our AP department directly. Once the AP department realized my approval wasn't on the invoices she sent over, Sue once again went into trouble shooting mode and found a way around. She determined there was a way to download the invoices that included my stamped approval. She did this pull for me every week until the issue was resolved. She went above and beyond for me...and not just this one time. Many times Sue has bailed me out.,Looking up work orders and the status of the work orders is very easy and very helpful. Data mining for historical data is super easy and impactful to my daily business. Adding notes as a form of communication between all parties involved is very easy and quick Vendor uploads and removals is easy and quick. I can literally change out all my plumbing vendors across North America in less than a minute.,The PM program is a little cumbersome, but it's only because you are not forced to use this element all the time. I feel any element you are not regularly working in will be challenging once you return to it. If you did something one time 5 months ago it only seems logical that you will have a hard time remembering steps for completion. However once you do the process one time it's easy to duplicate. Mass WO uploads are tricky. Again this is only because this task isn't a regular task. Any and all regular tasks are super easy to perform on this platform.,Yes,9ServiceChannel your one stop shopping for work order data managementCurrently, it is only being used by facilities but I am working on rolling it out to the entire team. ServiceChannel is one-stop shopping. It manages everything from work order creation to invoicing and provides multiple avenues to track data, pull reports and even manage my budget. I will also begin to use their Asset Management section. I have been using ServiceChannel for so long and have yet to utilize its full potential.,I use Analytics which allows me to scorecard my vendors based on my criteria. Analytics also allows me to input my budget and track it. ServiceChannel provides the ability to track work orders from beginning to end and allows me to only intervene on those work orders that are not following the work order process.,Companies that have Analytics should be able to provide their vendors access to the same metrics instead of just the ones that ServiceChannel provides. Sometimes it takes a long time to implement changes.,10,ServiceChannel has allowed me to manage my vendors in a more efficient manner by providing scorecards which in return allows me to provide the best service to my field team.,Facilities allows for uniformity throughout our fleet. Making sure all studios are up to brand standard, making sure we know which studios need the most help and allowing me the ability to upload site surveys to help plan my future remodels. ServiceChannel also ensures I am staying true to my budget.,,9
ServiceChannel

ServiceChannel Reviews

ServiceChannel
Filter 6 vetted ServiceChannel reviews and ratings
May 01, 2018

ServiceChannel Review: "Why I have NO Regrets in switching to Service Channel"

• ServiceChannel listens to me the user more than any other product I have ever been involved with. It seems like every few months there are some upgrades and improvements to an already great system.
  • They have some great folks employed who are very accessible and very knowledgeable in this system, they are eager to help out and jump in, and they are never trying to up-sell me during these times.
  • I believe they have some of the best practices around for helping out new vendors, who have never been exposed to any CMMS system, they help to ease the fear that contractors/vendors have from the onboarding process thru system training.
  • I think that there is room to improve the contractor side of their mobile app, to be more content rich and have more features and custom ability.
  • I think there could be some use in setting up some regional training seminars across the country for both user and vendor to attend thru out the year.
  • I would like to be able to add several pictures from my phone at one time, via the mobile app, and be able to draw or write on them as well.
ServiceChannel is well suited for both the small 5-10 location chain and the large 100+ chains because it is so user-friendly and useful. For the smaller chains the sooner you get used to using the system, the easier it is as your brand grows; it is also easier for an FM to find a great list of vendors (already in the SC System) via Fixxbook to help with establishing vendors at new locations that are maybe not near your present group of vendors. For a larger chain that is perhaps migrating away from an old CMMS platform, or who is looking to upgrade to a new one, SC offers the real world fact that most likely your vendors are already doing business with others who are using SC, this helps in the onboarding like nothing else.
Read James Mouland's full review
April 25, 2018

ServiceChannel: "An honest review of the Service Channel platform by a multi-site facilities professional."

• They offer a platform that enables seamless communication between the store, vendor, district manager, and myself (facilities manager). By utilizing the notes portion of the work order, all parties involved are notified and kept up to speed on any changes in real time.
  • SC also allows independent specialization to meet the individual needs of each company. I have set up my dashboard to customize my desire for more detail or pictures per element. This has eliminated the necessity of a reply email to the store partners to upload a picture of the issue. I have it set up so individual elements will require a picture prior to the WO being created. This is a big time saver and forces good communication habits.
  • There support staff is second to none. They are helpful and available to support your needs and the needs of your vendors.
  • Sometimes the functionality of the software is slow.
  • Example...I insert a WO# into the home search box and it comes up with "nothing found". I return to the home screen and repeat the exact same process and it takes me to my WO. This happens at least 50% of the time.
  • They just finished up with a system upgrade (I think), and during the 3 week period I could not pull mass approved invoices for my AP department. That was a real hindrance.
  • I am not particularly fond of the new dashboard format. It's not as easy to move around in. However it's new and I'm sure I will get used to it quick enough.
It's very well suited for the multi-site facilities professional that needs to run a large market from a remote location. It enables the user to upload all the vendors and elements per site and then sit back and only adjust as emergency situations dictate. I'm currently running all my retail stores throughout the US, Canada, and Hawaii from a desk in Greenland, NH. For any facilities professional that needs to organize their portfolio to allow for more free time, clearer communication, and less confusion than I would highly recommend ServiceChannel.
Read Eric R Korth's full review
April 04, 2018

Review: "ServiceChannel your one stop shopping for work order data management"

• I use Analytics which allows me to scorecard my vendors based on my criteria. Analytics also allows me to input my budget and track it.
  • ServiceChannel provides the ability to track work orders from beginning to end and allows me to only intervene on those work orders that are not following the work order process.
  • Companies that have Analytics should be able to provide their vendors access to the same metrics instead of just the ones that ServiceChannel provides.
  • Sometimes it takes a long time to implement changes.
ServiceChannel is the best work order management system on the market.
Read Brian Peoples's full review

About ServiceChannel

ServiceChannel provides facilities managers with a single platform to source, procure, manage, and pay for repair and maintenance services from commercial contractors across their enterprise. The company aims to deliver transparency and data-driven analytics of service quality, across all trades, locations, and contractors, allowing facilities managers drive significant brand equity and ROI for their organizations without outsourcing or investing in new infrastructure.

ServiceChannel Service Automation is an integrated suite of web- and mobile-based solutions to help manage the entire process of facilities management, including finding contractors and suppliers, entering all planned and demand service requests, tracking work orders, and processing payments. There are currently two different packages: Service Automation Essentials and Service Automation Professional.

More than 450 leading global brands use ServiceChannel daily to conduct business with 50,000+ contractors at more than 220,000 locations in 76 countries.