Reviews (1-5 of 5)
- Quick and easy ability to request a work order be created. Able to provide a quote as a proposal and then allow the customer to approve and convert to a work order.
- Easy Invoicing.
- Easy for customers to provide work orders as a way to request assistance.
- This system will always require someone to actively be available to convert proposals. There are still delays depending on the human element of the process.
- Lots of features and some are not always intuitive.
- Integration to the current procedure would be nice. Seems this requires the addition of a new system through this Service Channel application/Website. If it were to integrate to current offerings such as SalesForce it may be helpful.
- Communication is transparent. As long as the notes are updated, all users along the chain of command can view and have full knowledge of issues/resolution.
- Ease of access for all teams
- Provides an excellent resource for work history helping reduce costs down the line based on record keeping of warranties etc
- I know vendors get a tool that is not as functional when they can't see what I see, it's hard.
- It would help if you could use coding i.e bold text, paragraph breaks etc. in the notes
Our construction department is somewhat small and is still gathering invoices via mail, fax and e-mails. I am trying to get that construction department as well as our purchasing department to start migrating over to the SC system.
The gathering and managing of new vendors as well as invoicing are the main problems that have been resolved by using SC.
- ServiceChannel listens to me the user more than any other product I have ever been involved with. It seems like every few months there are some upgrades and improvements to an already great system.
- They have some great folks employed who are very accessible and very knowledgeable in this system, they are eager to help out and jump in, and they are never trying to up-sell me during these times.
- I believe they have some of the best practices around for helping out new vendors, who have never been exposed to any CMMS system, they help to ease the fear that contractors/vendors have from the onboarding process thru system training.
- I think that there is room to improve the contractor side of their mobile app, to be more content rich and have more features and custom ability.
- I think there could be some use in setting up some regional training seminars across the country for both user and vendor to attend thru out the year.
- I would like to be able to add several pictures from my phone at one time, via the mobile app, and be able to draw or write on them as well.
ServiceChannel: "An honest review of the Service Channel platform by a multi-site facilities professional."
- They offer a platform that enables seamless communication between the store, vendor, district manager, and myself (facilities manager). By utilizing the notes portion of the work order, all parties involved are notified and kept up to speed on any changes in real time.
- SC also allows independent specialization to meet the individual needs of each company. I have set up my dashboard to customize my desire for more detail or pictures per element. This has eliminated the necessity of a reply email to the store partners to upload a picture of the issue. I have it set up so individual elements will require a picture prior to the WO being created. This is a big time saver and forces good communication habits.
- There support staff is second to none. They are helpful and available to support your needs and the needs of your vendors.
- Sometimes the functionality of the software is slow.
- Example...I insert a WO# into the home search box and it comes up with "nothing found". I return to the home screen and repeat the exact same process and it takes me to my WO. This happens at least 50% of the time.
- They just finished up with a system upgrade (I think), and during the 3 week period I could not pull mass approved invoices for my AP department. That was a real hindrance.
- I am not particularly fond of the new dashboard format. It's not as easy to move around in. However it's new and I'm sure I will get used to it quick enough.
- I use Analytics which allows me to scorecard my vendors based on my criteria. Analytics also allows me to input my budget and track it.
- ServiceChannel provides the ability to track work orders from beginning to end and allows me to only intervene on those work orders that are not following the work order process.
- Companies that have Analytics should be able to provide their vendors access to the same metrics instead of just the ones that ServiceChannel provides.
- Sometimes it takes a long time to implement changes.
ServiceChannel Scorecard Summary
ServiceChannel provides facilities managers with a single platform to source, procure, manage, and pay for repair and maintenance services from commercial contractors across their enterprise. The company aims to deliver transparency and data-driven analytics of service quality, across all trades, locations, and contractors, allowing facilities managers drive significant brand equity and ROI for their organizations without outsourcing or investing in new infrastructure.
ServiceChannel Service Automation is an integrated suite of web- and mobile-based solutions to help manage the entire process of facilities management, including finding contractors and suppliers, entering all planned and demand service requests, tracking work orders, and processing payments. There are currently two different packages: Service Automation Essentials and Service Automation Professional.
More than 450 leading global brands use ServiceChannel daily to conduct business with 50,000+ contractors at more than 220,000 locations in 76 countries.
ServiceChannel Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
ServiceChannel Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Countries:||United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Mexico, Europe|
|Supported Languages:||English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean|