Score 8.8 out of 10

What is SMTP2GO?

SMTP2GO is a dedicated outbound email server

SMTP2GO is a New Zealand based SMTP/Email API provider with support staff and servers based across the globe. Connect to the closest server to ensure speedy and efficient delivery.

The SMTP2GO support team...

Great Option

January 06, 2023

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of SMTP2GO, and make your voice heard!

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.smtp2go.com/pricing

Starting price (does not include set up fee)

• $10 Monthly or Annual

What is SMTP2GO?

SMTP2GO is a dedicated outbound email server

The SMTP2GO support team offers 24/7 assistance in multiple languages to make setup simple. They offer support via ticket, chat and phone.

GDPR?

Inbound servers and data centres in the EU to make sure sending is fully GDPR compliant.

Real-time reporting.

Follow emails every step of their journey with real-time reporting on your dashboard’s Activity Page. Reliable delivery, bounce, spam, unsubscribe, click and open reports.

Verified sending.

The solution takes care of DKIM and DNS records so emails can get delivered to even the trickiest of recipients.

From port to port.

An open port to send from no matter where the user is in the world.

Simple setups.

A variety of step-by-step guides are presented to make sure that setting up is a straightforward process. If the user needs any additional help, support staff can help with the onboarding process.

SMTP2GO Screenshots

Screenshot of Get a quick snapshot of the account activity as soon as you log in!Screenshot of The Activity feed shows you the most recent delivery events for you email and provides extra detail when needed.Screenshot of Subaccounts are available on any paid plan and are a great way to resell the SMTP2GO product to your own clients and customers.

SMTP2GO Videos

SMTP2GO Integrations

SMTP2GO Technical Details

Deployment TypesSoftware as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based
Supported CountriesGlobal

SMTP2GO starts at $10.

Mailjet, from Pathwire, Mailgun, from Pathwire, and Twilio SendGrid are common alternatives for SMTP2GO.

Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 9.1.

The most common users of SMTP2GO are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees).

SMTP2GO Customer Size Distribution

Consumers10%
Small Businesses (1-50 employees)30%
Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)40%
Enterprises (more than 500 employees)20%

We use SMTP2GO to facilitate sending scanned documents from our corporate printer/scanner/fax device to the email inboxes of our various team members. This has greatly increased our productivity as we can get crucial documents into the hands of the team members that need them as quickly as possible, regardless of where they are currently working.
  • Reliably connects our corporate printer/scanner/fax devices to team member emails
  • Consistently and correctly transmits the information we need to the appropriate email accounts
  • Keeps us in contact with our team members when we have mission critical documents that they need to receive.
  • We have not found any improvements that we feel are needed.
SMTP2GO seems best suited, in our use case, for getting paper documents, electronic files, etc. that we receive directly into the hands of our remote team members that need to know about and/or act on those documents.
January 06, 2023

Great Option

As a software developer I often find the need for SMTP2GO to be included in my projects. This service provides all the options and capabilities I need to accomplish my project requirements. The support and interface is top quality and provides the options needed. Highly recommend.
  • Service
  • Option
  • Support
  • None
I use SMTP2GO as part of my customer facing, backend and backup solution.
I've only needed support for the software once or twice the 5+ years i've used it. I found their support responsive and helpful at each encounter. They seem to have the same level of commitment to their enterprise as I do to mine which is refreshing.
Strongly Recommend. SMTP2GO enabled seamless integration within our current web application environment, both Windows, Linux and other SaaS services. Before SMTP2GO, email logs are all text based logs (IIS SMTP Logs and every other Linux Mail platforms) and needs to connect to various server/environment to find specific reasons for email delivery popped up here and there. With SMTP2GO, everything is web-based, searchable within one console. Service is reliable uptime and deliverability troubleshooting. Ability to customize multiple groups of source systems (Subaccounts) allow multiple respective system administrators to view their own subset of data.
  • Single Console Log Searching
  • Reliable email delivery and troubleshooting
  • Ability to share within different orgs/sub-systems - via subaccounts
  • More fine-grained sub-account via custom SMTP head fields
  • NDR and Spam reports/exports would allow better integration back to our system
  • Ability to handle DKIM/DMARC reports so we can further analyze (without handling our own system/servers)
Ability to search through email delivery logs are best. In the past, we had to remote to gather individual SMTP log files from each server and all those are no longer an issue.
We use SMTP2GO for email alerts. We were using Gmail but they started blocking all emails from our industrial control panel. With SMTP2GO, our email alerts problem has gone away.
  • gets email alerts to users
  • allows me to view whether alerts were recieved by the server or not.
  • allows me to see how many alerts have been sent month to month.
  • We use it in a simple sense, I really cant think of anything to improve for our usage.
It works great for sending email alerts and allowing us to see how they are working. I can quickly look if someone isn't getting alerts and see if they were received or if the problem is on our side.
With the constant fight of getting transactional emails delivered to inboxes, installing and managing local SMTP servers was no longer a viable option as their constant care and feeding for deliverability were detracting from our business. We needed an affordable transactional SMTP delivery service that was easy to use, supported DKIM, and didn't require constant care. We use SMTP2GO for all of our internal transactional email needs. Our "internal" needs generally revolve around the development and the QA environment and allow me to focus on our product, not our SMTP deliverability. I just point my local mail servers to relay through to SMTP2GO through authenticated means and I don't have to touch it again (until I change credentials).
  • short term logging
  • easy setup
  • easy billing
  • multi key management
SMTP2GO is well suited as a drop-in replacement for SMTP servers needing transactional service. This was particularly helpful for me when trying to get our web-based product in a development environment to deliver emails our software would spit out and get them to people's inboxes instead of their spam/junk folders. SMTP2GO is not well suited for bulk email delivery. There are many other services that do bulk email well (generally marketing based).
We email out ~10,000 notices each month announcing the time, date, and topic for our monthly Live Stream program that is seen in the US, Canada, UK, and Australia. We also use it for meeting announcements, wishes on religious holidays, and other news of interest for our relies upon group members. Each year, we send 12-15 notices, totaling ~150,000 contacts.
  • Super easy to use!
  • Does not require any HTML programing knowledge to insert links and graphics
  • Excellent feedback to help maintain lists
  • Better data management - would love SMTP2GO to have more database functionality than just an imported text file list.
  • Better importing of files - I would really like to directly import AI files rather than converting to JPEG
For us, SMTP2GO is a very good, cost-effective way to reach members of our religious group that reside in all 50 states (and elsewhere in the English-speaking world). I believe it would work exceptionally well for any religious group - probably 50 emails or more. It is so simple to use and easy to set up. No need for tech support.
We primarily use SMTP2GO for bulk emailing from our management software. It's also proven very useful when set up on our copiers for scan to email. In the past we have used SMTP2GO on temporary IT projects that require secure email sending on our behalf. This is usually for notification purposes.
  • Bulk email sending in the thousands of emails per day
  • Email with large attachments going to a large number of users
  • Email logging for audit/tracking purposes
  • Handling large numbers of sending domains
  • Team admin access for IT to manage settings and view logs
  • Managing the billing is handled via 3rd party and the interface is clunky
SMTP2GO is great for hybrid work environments and companies that support systems for sending mass emails on a regular basis. One way we use SMTP2GO specifically is to send out mass notifications to the parents of children in our schools. The deliverability has been great and our staff receiver bounce back logs to review in case there are any issues.
Otto Voss Maisterra | TrustRadius Reviewer
I manage multiple environments for demos. We use SMTP2GO to send emails from our ERP system to show our alert functionality. SMTP2GO is reliable, and it's free tier is perfect for basic operation. We moved to a paid service since our volume increased. They are very conscious, because sometimes there are test email addresses, that they catch and work with me to solve, I appreciate that they just don't block the service or ignore it.
  • Catching wrong emails
  • Customer care
  • Speed on large volumes
When you have basic operations, the free tier is amazing. I really like that their paid tiers are not very expensive and there is a lot of flexibility between tiers.
November 14, 2022

Send it and forget it

SMTP2GO is used for sending all e-mail. I previously ran our own internal SMTP servers, but with the addition of a quarterly newsletter being sent to many thousands of registered customers we were seeing more and more servers that would block our output for a period after each newsletter due to the significant difference in our patterns despite using the most up to date security features. It was determined we either needed more frequent newsletters, and neither the company nor our customers wanted that, or we needed a service that would keep the reputation in between large bursts of data.

Each user has their own username and password to send e-mail. This allows us to track patterns and ensure that if one user is compromised that it does not effect our other users and provides a mechanism to determine which of our automatons may also be compromised.
  • Customer support
  • Fast delivery
  • easy configuration
  • Finding the settings for bounce message configuration took longer than expected
If you have the need to run your own e-mail delivery infrastructure using SMTP2GO as your outbound gives a higher level of security, and reliability compared to any other options I could find. When aberrant behavior was seen on our newsletter (ios decided to automatically unsubscribe everyone automatically because of a misconfigured default setting in their email app) SMTP saw this pattern across multiple users, contacted us, contacted Apple and was able to get the issue resolved quickly. I would not have been able to accomplish this easily on my own.
SMTP2GO allows us to provide our clients with an effective Scan-to-Email solution where their printers do not support modern authentication. Subdomains allow us to manage all our clients under one portal and create different logins to monitor usage. Their partner/reseller pricing is great and allows us to resell their services as an awesome value-add to our current offering.
  • Scan-to-email authentication
  • "Basic Authentication" solution
  • Multi-tenant management
  • Effective pricing model
  • For our use case there's really no negatives
Very useful for printers or applications that do not support modern authentication. SMTP2GO is our first alternative when we need to send email but Microsoft 365 Exchange is not supported or available. Never had to look any further than SMTP2GO in these situations.
Gil Morris | TrustRadius Reviewer
We utilize SMTP2GO for our corporate MFPs and a handful of vendor/application reporting services. We previously utilized M365 SMTP AUTH until Microsoft decided to disable this for most tenants (barring a few legitimate conditions). SMTP2GO gives us more robust reporting and insight into our email and deliverability needs at an affordable price point. Having used this app for more than 10 years now I can recall only a minuscule amount of disruption with service which was always quickly mitigated. I would definitely recommend SMTP2GO if you are in need of a simple, yet powerful, mail replay for your needs.
  • Email relay
  • Reporting
  • Affordability
  • Uptime
  • Customization
  • Export reports to PDF
  • Scheduled email reporting
SMTP2GO solved our need for a secure, professional, and easy-to-use solution regarding relaying emails from devices, apps, services, etc., and giving us the transparency we needed for each. I believe it would be beneficial for us, and hopefully, others, to have the ability to schedule email reports and export reports in PDF format. Overall, SMTP2GO is a simple-to-use, yet robust platform we are very pleased with.
Brian Cook | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is used both internally to relay important notices from our internal systems such as monitoring and customer-facing services such as our hosted VOIP systems. It is also used by some of our clients to allow easy setup of scanning from printers and other devices that need to send emails and have issues with the new security placed around the full email services.
  • Ease of use
  • Reliability
  • Reporting
  • The search feature in reporting can be finicky
  • More feedback on bounces
SMTP2GO works in any environment where you need to relay emails from a device or system to users' email accounts. There really aren't scenarios where it does not work as long as you understand its purpose and that it is a relay, not a full email service. If you need to get a response you just set up the same address you are using as "To" in your regular email system.
Michael Pasquariello | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use SMTP2GO for alert notifications from our various devices deploy at client's sites. This allows us to monitor devices without the need for other tools deployed onsite. This function is crucial to our business.
  • Payment structure
  • Ease of use
  • Communication
  • Volume of email ingestion
When you need an SMTP server where none are available this should be your go-to option. Be sure to understand how you plan to use this service. When we started out we were over using it and sending many useless emails. They were tracked well which helped us trim things down.
Mike Renner | TrustRadius Reviewer
We sought a solution to email deliverability issues on a large number of Wordpress websites. Having used SMTP2GO for over two years now, I can say it's easy-to-use and robust product has been a silver bullet for us. Setting up new sender address couldn't be simpler. The dedicated Wordpress plugin streamlines integration on the websites. The built-in reporting and tracking offers high peace of mind as well as a great troubleshooting and validation tool. The support from SMTP2GO has allows been prompt, thorough, and friendly. While I haven't had to venture out and try other similar products, for our purposes, I cannot imagine a better offering. I H=highly recommend SMTP2GO, without any reservations, to any website owners looking for an intuitive, reliable, and robust SMTP product.
  • Intuiative interface
  • East to setup
  • Robust features
  • Detailed Reporting
  • Great customer service
  • The Wodpress plugin shows all sender domains
I have used SMTP2GO exclusively as a email deliverability tool on Wordpress websites. In this application the product excells as being a total solution. If someone is struggling with deliverability issues on Wordpress websites, SMTP2GO, when setup and used correctly, solves that problem.
We use SMTP2GO for our customers to scan to email from their Kyocera copiers. Previously, the company was using individual scan accounts set up for customer scanning, but each address used had a limit of sending 200 emails per day, at which point the scanning would stop working unit the next day. This became very cumbersome as we sold more devices and grew our customer base. On the very few occasions that we have had issues with any customer scanning, Dominique was able to tell me exactly what was wrong within minutes of sending a request for support.
  • Minimal downtime
  • Amazing and knowledgeable customer service
  • Web interface is easy and intuitive to navigate
  • I really dont have any complaints
While we don't use SMTP2GO as our primary email service, I think it would work great for anyone who needed an email provider. Also works great as an SMTP provider for scanning to email. Customer service is amazing and greatly reduces any downtime.
Dominique has assisted me with scan to email issues on a few occasions in which our equipment vendor wasn't able to immediately assist with. I sent an email for support and received a response in less than 5 minutes each time. After correspondence over a few emails, my issue was solved each time.
For development, and for relaying email for our client's production instances. I also used this for some time for my mail server, because GCP was blocking port 25 - and this is how I originally found SMTP2GO. I really enjoy using the service! It's way easier than sendgrid or other similar providers!
  • Intuitive User Interface
  • High Availability
  • Managing User Is Easy
  • Great Logging
  • Add Text Messaging
If you are building a website, setting up an internal app that needs to send mail, or just need to be able to do a mail campaign, you can't beat this application. Out of all the various products I've worked, sendgrid and other similar SMTP relays, this is by far the easiest! I have my entire team using it now, and they have the option to use either sendgrid or SMTP2GO.
We use SMTP2GO to send mail from WordPress sites and printers.<br>Because when we send mails directly from our webserver, we are risking getting blacklisted when someone sends spam through a contact form.<br>Now that we send mail through SMTP2GO's servers we are preventing our server to become blacklisted, which saves us a lot of time and money.
  • Easy setup
  • Simple interface to manage accounts
  • Detailed outgoing mail log
  • Only English speaking support
SMTP2GO is well suited for contact forms on our websites because we can monitor all send mails from the dashboard, and we prevent our server to become blacklisted when someone sends spam through a contact form.
It's also suited for sending scan mails from printers because we prevent mails to get into the spam folder and it's easy to set up.
We mostly use SMTP2GO to enable alert email transmission from many different devices for alerting and logging. SMTP2GO solved all our needs in this field: <br><ul><li>allows creating multiple (apparently, unlimited) users</li><li>accept most auth protocols/security, and even allows IP-authenticated (unauthenticated email sending from a specific IP). This is useful for older devices, for example</li><li>accept use of typical ports, plus "well known" ports usually bound to other protocols, this makes things easier when there are network restrictions in place</li><li>reporting is clear and complete. it also allows to immediately identify "out of control" sending, pinpointing the user</li><li>there are tools to check email delivery, and useful error reporting</li></ul>Up to now, reliability has been excellent, and the 40000 email/month limit is ok for our use; things can get pricey for other usages, so be careful.
  • Usage reporting
  • Email delivery
  • Offers several connection options
  • Offers several authentication methods
  • Pricing
Perfect for: Enabling device email sending from several different products. It may well be the main sending host for a standard email server, as well, but beware of sending limits and do your math about the cost. Bulk emailing is sure to get pricey, though, but this is not what SMTP2GO is for.
We use SMTP2GO as a bulk email relay service to improve the deliverability of our emails. This addresses problems such as how you cannot use O365 for bulk mail such as invoices, etc that need to go out to customers.
  • Easy of setup
  • Easy of user
  • Simple
  • Quick
  • Cheap
  • N/A
If you need a reliable email relay with detailed statistic reports of deliverability and to see if an email is marked as spam, with easy setup SMTP2Go is a solid choice. The product does what it says it does, acts as an SMTP relay. If you are looking for a new letter relay program this is not the product for you.
August 26, 2022

Good Product!

We are a managed service provider who assists our clients with all their computer technology needs. We have been purchasing SMTP2Go licenses for many years. We have used SMTP2Go licenses for scan to e-mail purposes, database communication both internally and externally and mass mailing needs. SMTP2Go is easy to setup, easy to implement and secure. It has solved many issues for our clients.
  • Security of email traffic
  • Allow mass e-mails
  • scan to email from various printers
  • more reporting
SMTP2GO is well suited for situations in which clients using Microsoft O365 email and running into issues with size, number of recipients or limits in how many emails are being sent. Also, when running in the security issues where Microsoft does not want to validate a printer as being a valid sender.
We have used SMTP2GO for over 3 years and have no complaints. The website's user interface is easy to navigate and full of nice tools and graphs. Overall it's a good service at a reasonable rate. I would recommend it to other small or medium size businesses that doesn't have IT departments.
  • Useful Reports
  • Email testing
  • Email activity
  • Minimizes bounce backs
  • Alert you when you have a bounce back.
Well suited:
- Shows you the recipient's email that has a bounced back.
- Shows you a list of all delivered mail w/ date & time.
- Charts are useful to see if you have email issues ongoing.
July 22, 2022

Great Service

We use the SMTP2GO tool as a basic pillar of the business to ensure that our users will receive notifications by email. The security that the tool provides us generates peace of mind for us to manage our entire operation!
  • Safety
  • Certification
  • Transparency
  • Attendance
  • Payment
If you need a tool that guarantees to send emails, this is the tool for you.
We use SMTP2GO for all our authentication needs whether that be for printers, scanners and other external auth needs. We have found that it was difficult for us to find a product that wasnt tied to an email for auth purposes that we had to manage passwords. This gave us that freedom.
  • Authenticates with most
  • Scanning for email
  • Tracking for reports
  • Better insight for reports
  • Mobile app
  • 2FA authentication
A customer will reach out to us for an option to scan to email. The past we would have setup a gmail account or attempted to authenticate with their email admin. SMTP2GO gave us an option around that and to track scanned emails to the destination to confirm the scanned email worked.
July 14, 2022

It simply works

While email is not a core component of what we do, it is important for our customers to be able to send emails from our application to provide status. When the customer mail relays were used, we had unpredictable results. Hence, I had to provide an SMTP relay that was both reliable and affordable. The trial option was incredibly easy and offered enough mail volume for our company to get a high confidence level in the product and we've moved all clients' emails to SMTP2GO.
  • Setup is incredibly easy.
  • Administration of the system is intuitive.
  • Support for the product is widely available.
  • Improve the logging/support for cases where email bounces occur.
As a small company, we did not want to install, configure, and manage our own email servers but we did need a reliable way of sending emails. SMTP2GO was an easy decision based on its history of just working and its widespread acceptance in the market.
SMTP2GO is reliable, easy to use, and has been a solid solution for email delivery from our e-commerce website. The service works as expected and meets expectations on all accounts. Setup was simple and quick. I've used the service for 4 years and never had an issue, outage or other problems in any capacity.
  • Email deliverability
  • Usage log
  • Realtime tracking
  • Billing requires 3 clicks to find my invoice and download it
  • Dashboard dated, but usable
I've only used SMTP2GO for sending transactional emails from an e-commerce website. In this capacity, it works as expected and is a reliable service. The tracking log helps me uncover issues in real time and offers a trustworthy solution for websites.