Reviews (1-13 of 13)
- Applicants can apply on a customized website
- Onboarding documentation can be done electronically
- Applicant flow is terrible. You can post jobs on Indeed for free, and receive a better applicant flow than posting through TalentReef. TalentReef was unable to provide any reasoning for this to happen
- If you want to change/edit your onboarding documents, you need to e-mail them to support. This can sometimes take more than 48 hours to accomplish, and more often than not, was not done as requested
- Customer Support is terrible. When they respond to you, they do not answer the question fully or provide any alternative solutions
- Pricing is very high. There are numerous other alternatives in the market that provide better services for half the price
- We've been with talentReef nearly 2 years and our last 2 account managers have been great! Support was a concern right after we converted, but we were able to gain an account rep and began weekly calls until all the holes were plugged in.
- Linking ATS data and onboarding data eliminates the need for the applicant/new hire to enter the same information twice.
- We're now receiving system emails regarding upcoming new releases, which is helpful.
- The system is pretty cumbersome compared to the several ATS and HRIS systems I've used in the past. You don't always know where to look to find an employee's information (application, boarding forms, I-9, etc.). You'd think once they're hired and onboarded, all their information would be housed together in the same place. Also, there are 2 search areas, one for applicants and one for other fields. For candidates who apply for multiple locations, you have to release them individually from each location. Our recruiters don't do this, so we have over 1000 active applicants when we shouldn't. It would be better if there was only 1 applicant record then the various locations listed within that 1 record.
- When assigning a posting for multiple locations, you have to go in and manually change the "manager" assigned to each posting. We have 32 locations, so this is very time consuming. Why can't you assign the manager at the same time you're creating the posting?
- I've been wanting to launch the Engagement module with warnings and performance evaluations. I've spent hours setting up the different templates, but once you do that you cannot revise your form. You have to delete and start over. In addition, I discovered (through a test account) that once you submit an warning or evaluation to an employee, you cannot go in to delete it or revise it. I don't understand why forms would be set up that cannot be revised. Due to this, this project is on hold for our whole company.
- Ability to customize the application for individual positions.
- Ability to create customized assessments for each position.
- Allows the managers in each location to complete hiring paperwork in one platform for consistency.
- The system is a very rich website which does cause problems loading the platform when an applicant or location does not have the absolute best internet service.
- Sometimes people are not as tech savvy as the general public believes which causes issues with the applicant's access to the platform. talentReef is and has worked towards making support access more available to the applicant.
- Cuts down on paperwork; saving both time and money.
- Streamlines the hiring process
- Very easy to navigate and extremely user-friendly
- Workflow on the online portal could be improved
- Candidate portal is very user-friendly, but employer portal is a bit more complicated
- As an Administrator of the talentReef system, I have access to all applicants for every store across our system all in one location.
- It is a one-stop function for virtually all of our new hire paperwork.
- We have not gone entirely paperless with our employee files, but talentReef would be of great benefit to us if/when we choose to move in that direction.
- The system is relatively easy to learn for store users with all levels of digital expertise.
- The cost to the organization is extremely reasonable.
- Superior customer service means everything to me -before purchasing the system I read some reviews which said customer service might be lacking with talentReef. While there have been times of frustration, on the whole, they have improved a great deal and seem committed to continual improvement. I have specifically seen improvement in their sense of urgency to correct any issues.
- The system is not quite as intuitive as I would like it to be. For example, when searching for an applicant by the last name, if one letter is misspelled there are no results, and no suggestions based on what was entered.
- Some of the forms and processes used (e.g. for adding a new location) are a bit clunky - not horribly so. My hope is some of those can be streamlined going forward.
- Customer service - VERY responsive!
- Sales team kept up with me post implementation to make sure everything is going well.
- I wish I could set up new positions without getting account support involved. Once they are initially created though, opening and closing reqs is a breeze.
- There seems to be a disconnect between what talentReef and Indeed are saying about posting jobs on Indeed.
This will not be suitable for those looking for time & attendance and payroll systems.
- Throughout the implementation process, TalentReef was very timely (within 24 hours) with their feedback, changes and accommodations to our system set up requests.
- The onboarding process and conversion to electronic employee folders with web based storage and retrieval has significantly simplified the HR Teams work load.
- Their applicant flow and applicant quality has made a noticeable improvement in the quality of our team member hiring leading to reduced turnover.
- I feel that their team and technology has evolved and grown over my time as a client. I have seen many other systems and I do not seen any areas where I feel Talent Reef is below standard.
I believe it is well suited for industries where the following takes place:
- high volume, hourly employees
- short application time is important
- ease of use and intuitive user interface for store managers is important
It may be less appropriate for white collar hiring and hiring that requires a more in depth analysis and candidate review.
- Customer service is exceptional.
- System allows management to track employees with an easy to use and straight forward platform.
- The workflow processes benefit HR and Management oversight of hourly employees.
- Can source a large magnitude of quality applicants.
- Dashboard features can be expanded.
- Ease of use for our store managers and staff
- Easy to get a hold of in case of customer support needed
- Always looking for ways to make our job as recruiters easier
- The only downfall we see currently is that sometimes when all of us at the office are on Talent Reef it becomes slow, but that has since been addressed
- Better communication when they change certain things we don't always get ample notice
- The automated system is easy to use and functional
- A wide range of reporting features
- Allows our requisitions to be streamlined out to social media websites
- An integrated platform to allow companies to directly post to a job board. Currently I must go to another platform to post to job boards.
- Allow a notes selection on requisitions for user to make notes about the open requisition
- Providing an option to email rejection letters within the system directly out to candidates not selected for our positions
[However] Customer Service is not responsive in a timely manner when you have a problem or a candidate has a problem working in the system, e.g resetting a password, helping a candidate with questions when the system will not allow them apply or complete their online hiring paperwork.
- TalentReef's culture is very impressive. From the CEO on down, the culture is focused and listens to the needs of their clients. During my visit to TalentReef I was extremely impressed with the culture and the TalentReef team. Great product and great people!
- The service from TalentReef has been top notch! All departments (sales, implementation, marketing, client services) have been fun to work with and we are looking forward to a long partnership.
- The hiring and onboarding process for the manager is user friendly. This gives the manager the ability to focus on other important tasks because they spend less time on paperwork.
- If any organization is looking to use TalentReef, I would suggest they make sure they have a project lead. TalentReef is a customizable platform that can be used to help your business. Your business will only get the full use out of the program if someone from within leads the project and communicates what they need from TalentReef. TalentReef can provide the basic needs, but the true value comes when you customize the program.
- talentReef allows users to manage multiple job boards with only one log in. It makes managing multiple job boards, applications, and users much easier by accessing all the information in one location.
- talentReef is very user-friendly and easy to use. This makes training new users very easy.
- talentReef has a short and long version of the applications. We would like to have the ability to customize the application to suit our needs.
- talentReef does not allow customization on certain job posting information. For example, you have to choose full time or part time. It would be nice if you could select both.
talentReef Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
TalentReef is a provider of SaaS-based recruitment marketing and talent management solutions that are purposefully built for the decentralized hourly workforce. Their mobile-first platform streamlines the recruit to retain process to transform how employers find, hire, train, and engage hourly workers. The vendor states that many global brands trust TalentReef to provide the actionable insights needed to optimize and drive their talent management processes—ultimately increasing applicant flow, simplifying onboarding and compliance, and improving employee performance and retention.
The TalentReef solution includes: Recruitment Marketing, Applicant Tracking, Onboarding & Compliance, Training & Development, and Employee Engagement & Retention.
talentReef Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
talentReef Technical Details
|Supported Languages:||English, Spanish|