Reviews (101-125 of 237)
- Main strengths are easy configurable graphs/visualizations
- Fast filtering and accessible data mining
- Easy deployment on web for users' access
- Easy configurable user access levels
- Preconfigured creaming curves graphs (at the moment you need to build several formulas in order to build such a graph)
- Preconfigured waterfall graphs
- Drill up and down functionalities on all graphs allowing the user to drill from one tab to the other (currently partially available)
Less Appropriate in building graphs which are not pre-build into the tool (e.g. Waterfall graphs, creaming curves...).Drill down graphs/tabs.
- crunching numbers
- printing option is currently missing and the reports through spotfire are not printer friendly
- instead of using code for customization, we would like to see easy to use built in functions and drag and drop interface for performing difficult tasks
- exporting to different sources without losing the formatting
- It allows us to access data from different source systems.
- It gives the user the possibility to access different analysis from a single access point.
- Spotfire needs to be more customizable.
- Labels are not resizable and often don't show in charts.
- Data Loading from multiple datasources and data connectors especially Information Links.
- Drill Down, Sharing and collaborating analysis.
- Support to IronPython, Statistical programming like R-Script, S+, MATLAB and analytical cababilities
- GeoMapping - WMS layes, TMS Layers, Recommendation Engine, Theme based dashboarding
- User Interface can be improved.
- Scope to add new charts like area chart, bubble chart.
End users were able to analyze the different programs/activities used in their healthcare system having an immediate feedback, with data continuously updated.
The solution implemented helped to improve the quality standards.
Predictive analysis can be integrated inside a dashboard to have information continuously updated and get more insights.
- Their strength is in their flexibility
- TIBCO SpotFire has a very nice full color presentations
- It's fast
- It doesn't know engineering's format. Like pico, nano, Kilo, Giga ect
- It can't calculate with binary data (Octal, Hex ect) . SF knows only the decimal range.
We need to always make a translation to our technical semiconductor work.
- Data visualization through a variety of charts and graphs.
- Data updates, data drill-down and data selections
- Web-based report sharing is very cool
- Analytical full statistical functionality such as linear/non-linear regression, factor analysis, PCA, etc. could be more valuable.
Well suited for business presentations, data extraction, transformation, loading, etc.
Not well suited for data modeling.
- I like Spotfire for mostly unsupervised learning.
- We can easily build up charts and insights without applying stats of the data.
- In simple terms, " Spotfire is what - Technology overcome Strategy".
- It cant be edited by the end user in web application part.
- Dynamic Scripting for visualization is missing part.
- Focusing more on the Statistics building algorithm part will be more useful.
- Geo-localization is one of the strengths of this tool.
- Easy to use.
- Dashboard always available (linked to the source or embedded)
- It is not possibile to load XML files.
- In pie chart should be easier to set the category grouped as "Others".
- It would be helpful to insert a "fuel/liquid" chart to show the percentage of total as liquid.
I don't think it's very appropriate for a scenario of big data and large amount of data. Maybe it would be a little bit slow compared to others BI tools.
- We are an energy consulting firm and we use Tibco Spotfire to analyze streams of real-time energy trading data for deal analytics, forecasting and risk management.
- Spotfire is an amazing analytical tool which will help you pick up data from multiple databases and spreadsheets and create graphical and analytical diagrams that will help businesses in several ways to understand their systems throughput, number of exceptions, etc.
- One of the big advantages offered by the product is real-time analysis. There is no time lag between availability of trading data and analysis. The systems allows us to analyze large amounts of trading data in real-time.
- It is restricted to input from databases and spreadsheets
Spotfire is being used by the whole Technology business unit. The main problem I have with Spotfire is that I use version 6.5.2 with a flex server and I cannot upgrade to version 7.0 or 7.5 so as not to use my flex Spotfire server. Reporting using a link es one of the best advantages the tool has but version 6.5.2 does not allow you to change the back color of the charts and pivots and using HTML. The look & feel of the pivots and charts is not that good and the creation of calculated columns is hard to develop since it does not use excel logic. E.G. a simple date expression of "Last Month" in excel has to be generated as Month([Date]) = Month(dateadd('mm',-1,DateTime now())) and Year([Date]) = Year(dateadd('mm',-1,DateTime now()))
On the other hand is an excellent tool to manipulate and report when you have more than 200.000 rows since excel collapses and Spotfire is still running
- Spotfire is excellent to manipulate data sources with more than 200.000 rows of data. Excel collapses with more than 200.000
- All courses of Spotfire are excellent and easy to follow.
- Spotfire has an excellent functionality at the "details-on-demand" section where you can click in any number of the pivot and you'll see all details in the already mentioned section
- The charts and graphics are not as good as the one in excell
- the "expressions" to create calculated columns are not easy as the ones in excel. E.G. a simple excel expression for "last month" in Spotfire is Month([Date]) = Month(dateadd('mm',-1,DateTimeNow())) and Year([Date]) = Year(dateadd('mm',-1,DateTimeNow()))
- If you have a mistake creating expressions for calculated collumns the only help Spotfire gives you is the number of character that has the error.
- the distinct count option is not available
TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Visual smorgasbord - feel like you're a savvy tech startup without the Seattle prices."
- On demand visualization with deep customization options.
- User friendly report builder that allows for novice users to build dashboards.
- Modern UI that produces usable reports relevant to the data.
- Difficult to easily join 3+ tables without inputting SQL.
- Strange limitations on pivot tables; Ex: Hard to rename columns on pivot table to customize for the end user.
- Limitations on filtering for something not based on the data set. Ex: If I have 50k rows and want to filter a specific number range, it pulls that range from the data set rather than allowing manual input. This can cause performance issues with large data sets.
I would say that it is well suited for users who want standardized reports with strong on demand visualizations. If you department has any report the end user receives and reviews in a standard format, I think you would be hard pressed to find a better suited program. There is a host of extended features and settings that allow for savvy users to dig deep and analyze a consistently changing dataset. Even though extensive customization is available, the UI is intuitive and user friendly enough to allow for non IT members to create engaging reports.
I believe it would be less appropriate for reports that are consistently tweaked/changed/altered by the end user, or for 'ad hoc' reporting. There is a learning curve to creating reports that end users may not have (this is company/department specific). If your department consistently pulls in 100k + records and applies filters after (which is not really the appropriate use of BI - but it happens), then Spotfire would likely not meet your needs.
- Spotfire gives you the ability to toggle between different visualizations easily, which helps the user see the data in new ways.
- Spotfire is a great tool for bringing in huge amounts of data and summarizing it in an easy way. I particularly like the tool's ability to un-pivot tables, which makes it easier to bring in data from sources that would typically need to be re-formatted.
- Spotfire allows you to trellis visualizations, which is an easy way to report the same type of metric for several distinct groups. For example, it's easy to pull engine utilization by month for every station, and generate a large report which this information, within a few clicks.
- Sometimes the filtering schemes are confusing when moving from tab to tab within the program.
- It can be difficult to format everything to be presentable for the printable format. It's completely do-able to do this formatting, but it's not completely intuitive.
- I wish Spotfire had the ability to trellis data tables, so you could show the same information for different groups.
- Getting data through multiple modes is one of the key strengths of TIBCO Spotfire.
- Embedded option to code analysis through R/python/SQl makes the tool quite useful and handy.
- Geographical tagging is also quite useful & unique.
- Some easy to use features is missing and/or unhighlighted.
- For handling huge amount of data sets, it can handle this quite easily
- For in-depth analysis, through multiple graphs / charts / tables.
- For creating detailed visualizationa, so as to showcase only relevant data sets / graphs
- For quick run-through analysis
- To embed analysis through multiple data sources - may it be a file or an information link
TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Forget about charting in Excel when you have this amazingly intuitive and easy to use analytics tool!"
- Intuitive, easy to use and build analytics platform
- Save dashboard - reuse it with different data
- Easily exportable to ppt, pdf etc
- More online training would be great (similar to what Tableau has on LinkedIn or Youtube)
- Identify SMEs, certify them, have a forum for brainstorming
- "Did you know" mini-videos of how to do certain things in Spotfire
- Data Visualization
- Summarize Data
- Decision Making
- Analyzing different KPIs
- Trends across time
- Categorical Analysis of our KPIs
- Customization on Visualizations
- Give more freedom to developer
- The user is unable to customize certain parameters (such as fonts, colors, ect)
- The tool handles large data sets very well with its caching ability
- The tool can export large sets of data for further analysis by our subject matter experts
- The tool loads and saves work in the developer tool relatively fast
- The tool does not have a very friendly user interface for development.
- The tool does not allow you to customize the UI of the analytics very easily to use your own font, style, color, etc.
- The tool cannot do some things that other tools, like Wave or Tabluea can. Drill down capability isn't always intuitive.
It addresses the need for exploration of clinical data for early dose adjustment, early signal of unexpected AE's, issues related treatment and dose response/non-response etc.
It allows us to quickly take a look at what-if scenarios, and closing drill down subject, and perform 360 degree reviews.
- Graphs are rendered perfectly
- Very customizable
- User friendly
- Share the results across the group very effectively
- Data Loading capability instead of one dataset at a time
- Horizontal box plot with data points overlay able
- Filter Organization to be collapsed as default
- Radar plot, traffic light, area graph
- Should be able to use any variable from any dataset effortlessly on X-axis and Y-axis
- Able to create an answer set or specific dataset from different datasets available for a specific exploration.
- Helps users build advanced visualizations and does a great job of allowing users to make changes as needed.
- Offers powerful data transformation tools which allows users to make changes to the data as needed without affecting the source data.
- Provides automation services to eliminate having to export/email a daily report manually.
- Its a powerful tool but often lacks some very basic things like responsiveness when viewing visualizations on a different platform/resolution. This should be a feature included within the tool.
- The export options are minimal the pdf export leaves much to be desired. It requires reformatting or switching the page layout until you find the right format for your visualization.
- Spotfire chart features/functions are sometimes over complicated.
- Analyzing the data is very quick.
- We can easily identify the areas which we are interested in through visualizations.
- We can automate the process by developing the visualization so it reduces repeated work.
- Handling huge amount of data.
- More online videos for understanding the critical topics.
- Help button in Spotfire with detailed explanations regarding programming topics.
TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Powerful and flexible software for analyzing large multi-parameter data sets."
- Data filtering is useful for customizing data sets.
- Multiple types of flexible visualizations help to discover important trends.
- Flexible data export function helps efficiently express the results.
- Learning curve is rather steep.
- Some mutually-related functions and features can be grouped to make the software more intuitive.
- Pop-up hints may be useful especially for beginner users.
It is particularly useful for large multi-parameter data sets where trends are obscure.
It is less appropriate for small or relatively simple data sets.
- Its recommendation engine for generating quick visual views and providing dashboard design & flow ideas
- Geo Analytics - Its Geo Analytical capabilities used in the Natural Resources industry are very helpful.
- Self-Service BI over the thin client.
- Their training videos and online community sites are the best!
- Its Server Administration! The node manager and server architecture is really good and makes sense. But when it comes to an administrator managing or building the environments, it becomes a nightmare. The logs need to be more descriptive and terms used should be user-friendly.
- While the KPI chart and Waterfall charts are a good addition to the visualisation stack, there is a lot of scope to add new visualisations in the kitty. Visuals that are available with jsViz - can be made a part of default visualization list or provide a template for those jsvis where users just need to feed in dimensions and measures.
- Images are limited to labels, tooltips or text area objects. Probably, object overlapping would give it a jazzy look. For example a background image for the whole page, currently we can only apply a background color via themes.
- Compare a data set using multiple variables.
- Ease of use much better than other, similar products.
- Limiting and selecting specific data sets or variable types is very simple.
- While it is very easy to understand the basics, some advanced options are difficult.
- Limited on the amount of ways you can compare different data points.
- Cannot bring two or more data sets into a single visualization easily.
- Makes pretty pictures out of data
- The training modules need work. The audio goes way too fast. For most trainees, keeping up with what they are trying to do themselves on the screen while listening and watching a module that is now 5 steps ahead, means having to stop every 15 seconds to back up, and it gets exhausting and annoying after much time.
- Spotfire has lots of capabilities, and the redundancy built in means there are several ways to do the same thing. However, it also means the screen is so cluttered, and the icons so small, that it strains the eyes to see and use. Seems like the redundancy could be reduced to make the screen shot more user friendly and less eye straining.
Any true analytical steps that Spotfire can do, Excel and SPSS can do better. Some things Excel and SPSS can do, Spotfire cannot do at all.
Spotfire can "use" data from many different data sources, but in order to use data from Excel, SPSS, etc., it has to be massaged all over again so Spotfire can use it. By the time you get done making the data usable by Spotfire, you could have three or ten other analyses done with conventional software.
Spotfire is most useful to make pretty pictures out of data to use in presentations to managers, customers, and other stakeholders. It doesn't actually improve the ability to analyze data, but does improve the way the data can help show and tell a story.
TIBCO Spotfire Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About TIBCO Spotfire
TIBCO SpotfireⓇ is a data discovery and business intelligence tool with capabilities that range from colorful graphic visualizations for the entry-level user to in-depth statistical analysis. According to the vendor, their built in analytical engines help users utilize the results of data mining, help in-house intelligence analysts crunch proprietary numbers, and drive new business growth. The vendor also says they help anticipate opportunities and risks by seamlessly integrating predictive models and real-time event streams into user-friendly business intelligence solutions that work.
TIBCO Spotfire® Cloud provides the same business intelligence tools as Spotfire Desktop, with the addition of web authoring and unlimited sharing. Because it is software-as-a-service, it requires no installation.
Spotfire Platform is designed for larger deployments within organizations. According to the vendor, its differentiating hybrid in-memory/in-database analytics architecture supports the most demanding enterprise needs, easily scaling to thousands of users and limitless rows of data.
Spotfire is is deployed in companies in energy, financial services, manufacturing, consumer packaged goods, and life sciences industries.
TIBCO Spotfire Videos (3)
TIBCO Spotfire Downloadables
TIBCO Spotfire Integrations
TIBCO Spotfire Competitors
|On-premise Edition||Pricing Details||Terms|
|TIBCO Spotfire Platform||Please contact TIBCO sales|
|SaaS Edition||Pricing Details||Terms|
|TIBCO Spotfire Cloud - Monthly||$200||Per Month, Per Authoring Seat|
|TIBCO Spotfire Cloud - Annual||$2,000||Per Year, Per Authoring Seat|
|TIBCO Spotfire for Amazon Web Services||$0.99||Per Hour (Starting)|
|TIBCO Spotfire Cloud Enterprise||Please contact TIBCO sales|
For Enterprise engagements, please contact TIBCO directly for a custom price quote.
TIBCO Spotfire Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
TIBCO Spotfire Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Mobile Web|
|Supported Countries:||Available in all regions|