Reviews (1-5 of 5)
August 16, 2020
Score 9 out of 10
We use Trustpilot in Marketing, Customer Service, Product, and UX departments. We incorporate our customer reviews throughout all of our marketing channels. We also use the reviews to improve our customers' experience as Customer Service, Product and UX take our customers' feedback and use it to improve each department. The sentiment tool in the dashboard allows us to pinpoint main areas of concern and address them quickly. The actual reviews are useful in all of our ads such as display, TV, email, social media, etc.
- Completing the review for the customer is a simple process which enables us to receive more feedback.
- The Trustpilot account management team is a true partner working with each department to help with adoption across the company.
- The Trustpilot development team is a trusted partner with our own internal development team, assisting them with implementation as well as integration with their API.
- They recently added a review verification process that requires the customer to go to their email account and click on the verification link for the review to be published. They rolled it out quickly. To their credit they did take the time to get our thoughts on the change. They are trying to make sure the reviews are verified and establish their brand as the trusted review source. However, the drop off in customers completing that last step will likely affect the number of reviews we are collecting.
- We've experienced some difficulties with the review widgets being cumbersome on mobile. You can sometimes get stuck scrolling in the widget on mobile and can't get out of it.
- I would love for the review widget that lives on the website to have a filter so customers can filter by product, by star rating, etc.
Trustpilot is well-suited for the financial industry. The ease of giving a star rating and the free form review field makes it quick and easy to describe the experience of filing your taxes. Their account management team is one of the best I've worked with. They are invested in helping your brand utilize the tool to its maximum capabilities. When you're in charge of implementing new technology, it can be a daunting task getting the rest of the company excited about another tool. But their account manager met one-on-one with key stakeholders and took the pressure off of me. They've also been great about asking about the results we've had in using the reviews in our advertising. They interviewed our team and created a video and a case study about our experience. The reviews themselves have been a valuable asset in our advertising. I can see where a clothing brand may find the review process less than ideal because there are no questions about size, fit, comfort, etc for the customer to address in the review.
Read Melissa Best's full review
I've rarely had issues and needed support. During the implementation phase we relied on their support heavily and they were very knowledgeable, responsive and helpful. Any questions I've had have been answered promptly by my account manager. They also have a great knowledgebase for self-service support.
August 07, 2020
Score 7 out of 10
We were primarily using Trustpilot as a method to build brand trust and to bolster our website reviews as they have really nifty plugins that integrate with your website as well as other digital mediums that allow you to show dynamically recent reviews being made. It was meant to be used in addition to Google reviews as another way to show review ratings.
- Their website UI allows for fluid visualizations and analysis of the review data.
- Their website widget integrates well with the website allowing us to display reviews dynamically.
- They have pretty advanced integrations with Google SERPs where you can actually have your TP review show up instead of your Google review, which can have benefits.
- Cost! In relation to Google, which is obviously free, it gets hard to justify the cost.
- More advanced customization or at least making it easier to customize the website integration widget.
- More specific features for my industry—cosmetic surgery–such as more integrations with health-based review portals. Maybe as a "health package" upgrade/addon.
It is well suited in general for most applications but the cost is the reason I'm holding back on anything higher than a 7 rating.
Read Thomas Pittman's full review
Always had good support interactions when needed.
It is used to measure our customer success and marketing. We are able to understand our customer experience. Since we are in the lead generation space; we can learn which of our partners are delivering. Additionally, it increases our visibility on search engines. TP offers great graphics for marketing assets.
- Search engine results.
- Generate graphics of reviews.
- Flagging reviews capability.
- Removing inaccurate/faulty reviews. It's hard to talk to people about removing some inaccurate reviews.
- Product reviews should be visible on search engines too.
- Review requests email templates are not the best.
It should only be available for verified reviews. It is easy for anonymous or disgruntled customers to leave nasty reviews. It can be expensive for a small business to exist on this platform. I would not recommend inviting a customer on their first purchase/ service, but after several purchases.
Read this authenticated review
There have been reviews that should have been removed, and once flagged, you can not communicate with your account manager or anyone in compliance to assist you. They simply return the review to online, and that's it.
I use Trustpilot as an external review site to create more trust and authority with potential clients.
- Trusted reviews from real people for potential clients to see.
- Helps me build authority.
- Pricing could really be cheaper for smaller companies that do not get so many reviews.
- Their emailing function could be better, for example, if a client unsubscribed from the mailing list but wanted me to send the review link again, Trustpilot wouldn't be able to do so.
Trustpilot is well-suited if you want a trusted external review service. It works for me for now, but I don't think it's a great option for a small company due to the fees and the way reviews are managed.
Read this authenticated review
Support was good, they responded in a reasonable amount of time.
November 29, 2018
Score 8 out of 10
The marketing team uses Trustpilot to collect feedback from our customers about the company and our products. The reviews are integrated with our search listing ads to provide an endorsement and validation of the company. It is also used by customer service to identify opportunities for improvement.
- The tool helps to collect reviews and feedback from customers.
- The reviews are recognized by Google and Bing as valid company reviews and are eligible for placement in search results.
- We can quickly gather data from our buyers to look for patterns we where we are excelling or falling short.
- It would be good to have more control over invalid reviews.
- It would be good if buyers were required to contact the company to express their concerns before doing it on the reviews sites because many times a negative impression is caused by a misunderstanding and other potential buyers are not helped by being exposed to this misinformation.
- Ideally, the data could be integrated into our website easier.
Read this authenticated review
This product is good for capturing reviews and feedback from clients and distributing the information across the web. It falls short in its ability to present the information in a more customized away and also and its ability to effectively connect buyers with the company to resolve problems.
Trustpilot Scorecard Summary
What is Trustpilot?
Trustpilot, headquartered in Copenhagen, offers their customer review platform to help businesses gather more online reviews and merge their online profile with feedback from their top customers and bring customer reviews to other high visibility platforms (e.g. Google).
Trustpilot Technical Details