We've never looked backhttps://www.trustradius.com/business-intelligence-biBirstUnspecified6.91831012013-11-30T22:31:42.993Z
Updated August 19, 2015
We've never looked back
Score 8 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Birst
- Implementation was incredibly quick and easy. I did the full implementation in-house with some help from our Birst support team. No internal engineering support needed.
- Vast customization capabilities. Due to the nature of the Birst Cloud Data Warehouse, it can handle just about any and all data sources. Scripting in the warehouse is quite robust allowing for better integration across source systems, data quality and consistency.
- Support is great. Without any internal support from engineering, I rely heavily on Birst support when things start acting up or I just have some simple how-to questions. They are always very prompt and helpful and have great knowledge of the product.
- They're still using some flash components in the product although I'm told they will be replaced with HTML5 versions soon.
- Advanced statistical analysis (i.e. Bayesian) requires separate systems. It would be great to see Birst implement some R functions to allow more flexibility in this regard.
We have been able to overcome any of the drawbacks we've found with Birst easily and it has fulfilled almost all of our analytic needs to date. Having seen their roadmap it would be highly unlikely we would move away from this platform any time soon. You simply can't beat the functionality that Birst provides for the price and the things I see coming out of the company solidify that our decision to choose Birst was the best possible choice. We have never regretted the decision.