Overall Satisfaction with EMC RecoverPoint
We use RecoverPoint with vmware SRM for all departments to replicate tier 1 application servers. The business problem it addresses for our company is lowering the recovery point objective (RPO) and recovery time objective (RTO) from 13 hours to 4 hours.
- Block based replication for sql is better than taking just the snaps of the servers since it won't be able to clear the memory of a sql server.
- With the compression option lower recovery point objective (RPO) and recovery time objective (RTO) is possible versus using other vendor software/hardware.
- Integrations for automation for vmware.
- EMC RecoverPoint isn't easier to install and or set up. You will need to know how to zone, understand SAN and networking.
- It's hard to understand how many disks to use based on the RTO and RPO for the replication set.
- Will still need professional service and training to really understand how to use the software.
- Using EMC RecoverPoint we have 4 hours of roll back just in case a snap is corrupt or have avamar backup issues.
- Integration with vmware SRM is a big plus for automation of a data recovery plan.
We picked EMC because of the whole product suite and integration with Vmware and SRM.
Using EMC RecoverPoint
We have only 1 admin that supports RecoverPoint, but every department has their servers being replicated.
- Disk space was an unexpected issue we didn't expect. We had to order more disk trays to be able to replicate all of our servers based on a formula for how much we want to replicate.
Evaluating EMC RecoverPoint and Competitors
EMC RecoverPoint Support
I don't really have to call support too much, but when I have to they are always there to help.
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem