Simple, Clean and Supportive
September 25, 2021
Simple, Clean and Supportive
Score 6 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with GoToConnect (formerly Jive)
GoToConnect was used in my organization as a way to keep up with day-to-day tasks between employees. The need stemmed from everyone working in separate office spaces, yet our work had some overlap. Corresponding through e-mail sometimes can get messy and it is important to keep administrative type work in a different "space" than typical services with clients.
- Accessibility and integration via desktop app or browser is convenient.
- Tracking - Timestamps, voicemails, favoriting and other abilities allow for abundant ways to track calls/chats.
- Simplicity - The ease of use is high given that symbols and color schemes are very straightforward. This is a benefit to an older workforce who may not be as technically inclined and allows for people of all ages to understand how to use the platform quickly.
- Not as modern as some other platforms available - This could be seen as a pro or a con, but having additional options like color scheme, statuses, and profile picture options make the user experience more personalized and fun.
- Lack of integration - Being able to link more than just your personal email to GoToConnect would be handy, such as time-tracking or your calendar.
- Uncertain if meetings are private - Anyone with a link can join a meeting, therefore I question how easy it is for someone outside of the company to join a meeting that was not meant for them. Maybe a password option would add a buffer of security.
- The ability to keep organized and send quick messages or make quick calls all from the desktop definitely decreased time spent on administrative tasks.
- Having a platform to having meetings, even from a distance, may save your company money and avoid spending fees to use other methods like Zoom since there are limits on attendance and time with free versions.
- Compared to other cloud PBX systems, this one is very simple to use and therefore cuts down on the training time of employees to understand how to use the resource effectively.
I was not personally involved with the deployment situation, but as far as giving access (links, information and otherwise) to employees, all seemed to go smoothly and there was nothing negative to report on the matter.
Call quality is average, as any system goes there is bound to be feedback at times and/or calls dropped occasionally. I did notice an improvement over the sound quality that comes out of a cell phone by using the desktop audio. So in that sense, the call quality is pretty good and you should not experience issues.
Usability rates are very high because of the simplistic features and easy to navigate the desktop app. People of all ages will not have an issue getting up to speed and continuing to use the system well over time. Symbols and colors are self-explanatory, which is much appreciated when the system isn't being used for overly complicated tasks.
Do you think GoToConnect (formerly Jive) delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with GoToConnect (formerly Jive)'s feature set?
Did GoToConnect (formerly Jive) live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of GoToConnect (formerly Jive) go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy GoToConnect (formerly Jive) again?
GoToConnect is well-suited to staff who can appreciate a simple, straightforward add-on to their workday. If this platform is meant to be a small aspect of the day and just to support tasks here and there then I would say this is the better option compared to other available platforms. However, GoToConnect lacks some modern touches and additional features that can really make a difference if you are using it often day-to-day. I would recommend other platforms for calls/texts/meetings because they are more fun to use and offer small features that I have noticed more of a benefit to people who rely on its functions.