What is Dialpad Talk?

October 25, 2022

3 videos

User Review: DialPad Talk Rates as Business-Class Tool For Daily User
03:31
User Review: DialPad Talk's Quality Compensates for It's Non-Competitive Pricing
02:35

Enterprise

Contact sales team

Product Demos

01:23
Dialpad Top Features: Is It a Good Option?
04:02

What is Dialpad Talk?

Dialpad Talk is a cloud communications UCaaS platform that provides users with integrated voice, video, and messaging capabilities from one unified interface. It integrates with the vendor's web conferencing product, UberConference, as well as with G Suite, Microsoft Office 365, Salesforce, LinkedIn, Okta, and Zendesk.

Dialpad has four specialized product offerings that focus on customer/client engagement and communication.

Dialpad Talk: Business phone system with advanced features like voice recognition and call monitoring.

Dialpad Meetings: Web and video meetings with screen sharing and Voice Intelligence.

Dialpad Sell: Sales dialer built for inside sales teams' calls and coaching.

Dialpad Contact Center: Inbound and outbound call center.

Dialpad Talk Videos

Dialpad Talk
In this TrustRadius produced video, one of our teammates who has never used Dialpad before goes through an "unboxing" demo.

Dialpad Talk Competitors

Dialpad Talk Technical Details

Deployment TypesOn-premise, Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based
Operating SystemsWindows, Mac

RingCentral MVP, 8x8 Contact Center, and Fuze are common alternatives for Dialpad Talk.

Reviewers rate Usability highest, with a score of 7.7.

The most common users of Dialpad Talk are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Computer Software industry.

We use Dialpad for incoming customer calls. We have a remote team who work from home so being able to have everyone available for incoming calls is important. We are also able to edit our contacts and share note and other information so that everyone is on the same page about our system and call details. We are also able to talk about voicemails and other messages on our own calls while all looking at them, which is very useful. Being able to set our company hours helps make sure that our employees don't feel stressed about taking calls outside of business hours at the end of the day, which is very important to us as we value our employees and do not want to make them cross their home and work boundaries.
  • Shows record of customer calls and messages
  • Organizes employees
  • Creates index of customers
  • Issues with notifications not working on some computers
  • Voice to text could be improved
  • Ability to put clients on hold immediately
The "Do Not Disturb" does not always sync between the app and site. We had an employee who was not receiving calls or notifications despite having their system set up correctly. It turned out that Do Not Disturb was turned on, but only on the desktop site, which we do not use in our organization. It would be more helpful if these had synced correctly. It would also be helpful if employees could set their own working hours as we have folks in different time zones on different schedules.
Best parent and student communication app that I have used in my 17 years of teaching!! I use Dialpad Talk in conjunction with Dialpad Meetings as an online teacher. I can text and call, of course, but I can also send my families video messages! All messages and calls are saved in a database, so it's safe to message with students. Integrating it with Dialpad Meetings allows me to set up virtual parent conferences, which simplifies the communication process because everything is done and documented in 1 platform. But I think the most valuable use this year was when I was messaging a student about their homework, and they still were not understanding. So I just moved us to the meeting room so I could show them online in real-time without having to end our conversation, open a different platform to web conference on, and hope the student would join correctly. Our conversation never ended.

Truly, an amazing platform that even rings on my computer when I have the app closed out. The mobile version for IOS works just as great as the desktop one.
  • IVR and AI language availability
  • Clear sound on calls
  • Can set up automatic responses for calls and messages
  • Integrate with Learning Management Systems and CRM's
  • Integrate Google Drive for easy attachments
Dialpad Talk is more than just a phone solution. It's an all-in-one virtual platform for all forms of communication that can also be translated into the caller's native language. Dialpad Talk has changed my 17-year routine for contacting parents. This app could also be called "A Teacher's Best Friend".
Dialpad Talk's major plus is that it's extremely simple to use and fairly priced to boot. A lot of other companies charge almost $50 per user to do the same things Dialpad Talk does for $20 per user. Granted, RingCentral has a lot of extras - Salesforce integrations for one - but paying $30 extra for that is a bit ridiculous. Overall, Dialpad Talk does what you need at a price you can afford. Can't get much better than that.
  • Dialpad Talk's app is free and reliable.
  • Dialpad Talk's administration is generally easy and trouble-free
  • Can support most Polycoms with no issues.
  • Phone activation and deactivation can be annoying.
  • They don't always have phone numbers available in the area you want
Dialpad Talk is really good for small and medium-sized teams since it's inexpensive and easy to administrate. Also really good for on-the-go employees since the app on their smartphone will act as their "desk phone."
Dialpad is our primary phone system and has been for some time. It has allowed us to do everything we need to do from a phone standpoint and its flexibility has been great as we have gone back and forth from a work from home model. We have recommended it to others in our field based on our experience.
  • Handle calls
  • Handle voicemails
  • At times, integration with some of our Apple products, particularly airpods, has been difficult.
Great for our small business environment. I can't speak to how it works in larger environments.
October 28, 2022

Good Value

Steve Messana | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are a very mobile company, often working from the road or alternate locations so having a phone service that is mobile and portable is important to out business. Dialpad is a little more than we need right now, but we are expecting to grow into it as we expand. It is pretty user friendly on iPhone and Android, but as expected the apps operate a little differently. There are some features on Android that we wish were on iPhone and vice versa. Overall we are happy with it.
  • identifies business calls vs personal calls
  • accessible from anywhere
  • interface on desktop is difficult to navigate during setup
  • dialing on Android is confusing with the way the forwarding number shows instead of the number you are calling
Good for smaller to large businesses that don't need a ton of integrations. Reasonably priced for the small business. Great support.
October 27, 2022

Talk The Talk Reliably!

It's an easy way to talk with customers via text, phone or video chat. Our team loves how they can use their laptops or the app on their phone for added flexibility. It also allows the Managers to track talk time and listen to client calls for quality control or to address any discrepancies.
  • Easily Records Calls.
  • Efficient Reporting Dashboard To Sort By Department Or Type Of Call.
  • Clear & Reliable Phone Calls.
  • Sometimes Connection Can Be Weak.
  • App Can Slow Down My Computer.
  • Spam Calls Aren't Always Filtered Out
Dialpad Talk is very easy to scale as our business grows and setting up a new up user is fairly easy. It allows us to be reached by our clients however they can and keep records of their communication with our team. The connection sometimes randomly fails or there's a weird echo which usually can be resolved by hanging up and restarting the call. So overall, does a pretty good job.
We use this product to do texts and calls with program participants. We connect it to Salesforce and enjoy that feature.
  • Transfer calls to other staff
  • Integrate to Salesforce
  • Log texts and calls in one place
  • Call quality.
  • VERY difficult to reach someone for help
  • I was told we could do mass marketing texts through DialPad Talk. After signing on, found out we cannot.
  • It connects to the contact in Salesforce but does not connect to the "related to" pages in Salesforce.
  • We were very interested in the transcript function and it worked very well in the demo. However, it is not that good in the actual product. To the point that we are no longer using this function.
  • App can be glitchy at times.
  • Calls can be slow to connect.
Well-suited if you use Salesforce. Not well suited if you want other functionality like being able to send marketing SMS.
Dialpad Talk is a reliable telephony provider that provides clear analytics and record keeping of all calls that allows me to stay on top of team productivity and coach based off what I see via metrics as well as call recordings. I have yet to experience any downtime or issues with the product in the 1.5 years I've used it.
  • Reliable telephony
  • Solid analytics
  • Call recording
  • Recordings for all calls, not just some
  • Ability for users to do more with generic permissions
Well suited:

• general call tracking for a moderate - large sized team.
  • QA using call recordings for coaching and posterity
  • metrics tracking
Less appropriate:
  • small teams
  • companies with very little phone traffic
I've used many other VOIP services throughout my career, but Dialpad Talk has been the best that I've used thus far. The features, dashboard, and mobile app are user-friendly as well as intuitive. The support staff is very helpful and the quality of service/calls is also above board. I highly recommend Dialpad Talk, you won't be disappointed. The pricing is great too.
  • Voice/Call quality
  • Support staff
  • Features
  • Easy of use
  • Pricing
  • Text messaging tread management
See previous.
I use the mobile app almost exclusively for my business. The ability to automatically log calls in HubSpot is a huge time saver. Departments are a nice feature, but the requirement to have three user accounts to upgrade to Pro is frustrating when I only need one user account. Other than that the support and call quality is good.
  • Voip calling
  • transcribing calls
  • call routing
  • It's expensive for the Pro account, which is required for most features
  • Text messages are hard to find in HubSpot since they don't show up under the contact's activity feed
Well suited for business owners that aren't budget constrained. The most useful features are not available with the basic plan.
Dailpad Talk has been a amazing assist to our team; when Covid-19 hit, we where faced with communication issues and scrambling to find a reliable Phone service that would fit our needs, Dialpad Talk has done so and has gone beyond our expectations.. we use it on our PC's and on our Cell phones, and both options have worked flawlessly. we love the fact we can respond to our techs in the field through text messages we all can see the message and see other employees responses, this also helps us ID what was the last thing done so the next Support guy can pick up after them without hunting anyone down. also transferring Images taken and sent to us to the support ticket is easy with the PC App... Over all we are impressed and very happy with the decision to use Dialpad Talk
  • both PC and Phone Apps work flawlessly
  • the features and analytics are amazing and handy
  • easy to setup and get going..
  • straightforward
  • call translate to text could use some help but really i don't have anything else.
I genuinely enjoy using Dialpad for my daily tasks. The analytics section with verbiage transcription better me as a sales representative in improving my talk track. I work alongside my sales team using Dialpad to interact with internal and external needs. The simplicity and connectivity of Dialpad through the desktop platform and mobile application are flawless. I highly recommend Dialpad Talk to other organizations needing this type of integration.
  • Conference Calls
  • Transitioning from Webapp to Mobile app
  • Call transcribing
  • Mass SMS outreach
  • Groupchats via sms
Professional settings Dialpad is very well suited. Personal use is not as much.
October 25, 2022

it's a meh for me

We've been using Dialpad for about 8 months now. Though there are bugs at times where the app won't work as quickly as we'd like, (call placed through dialpad flows through your carrier while using the mobile version unless on wifi.) I don't have any complaints. Sounds clear, works like expected. There is a mild delay, but you can't really get around that with internet base phone systems.
  • One source for texting and calling.
  • User friendly
  • Works well as inter office and external
  • Quicker more seamless while on the mobile version.
  • Texting templates
  • Delay while on phones calls. Mild, but noticeable.
Works really well, there is a delay while using the phone but it isn't terrible. The mobile app seems a little buggy and feels like it lags at times but doesn't drastically impede operation. It's a great choice for a company with about 100 employees, easily manageable and quick to set up.
October 24, 2022

DialPad Talk Review

Dialpad Talk is great coming from a previous position where I had to have a physical phone to connect with customers however we seem always have issues and updates with the program the latest update has been causing some trouble among my small team but we have sent tickets on the matter and we hope it shall be fixed soon other wise it is a great program and its good to use!
  • Shows Customer Info
  • Has The Option To Connect Salesforce
  • The Ai feature
  • The Call Transcript Should Be An Option To Turn Off
Dialpad Talk is very efficient for our business however the latest updates and tech issues could be improved
It allows many customers to easily reach customer service representatives and allows our teams to communicate effectively and easily between buildings. It has changed how we communicate for the better I couldn't imagine not having it. Not having it would be like going back to the stone age.
  • Dial between extensions
  • Hold queue
  • warm Transfer
  • Call recording to personal lines
Any business application where phones or communication between building or areas is necessary its perfect for.
Before Dialpad, we only had a regular landline with a voicemail. As the business grew, we had to find another solution to better solution for our company. Dial Dialpad was a game changer for us. We were able to manage better all the calls, collect data, integrate with our CRM, and much more. Features we liked the most are: Call purpose, call highlights, directory, labels, and of course texting.
  • CRM Integration
  • Ai
  • Texting
  • Recordings
  • Departments
  • User friendly
  • Mobile app
  • Transfer Calls outside dial pad
Dialpad Talk is great if you have a team of 5+, if you receive a handy amount of calls, you can set up departments, call routing, teams, and queues. It is very professional and easy to use. Another way Dialpad help us was with internal communication. You can access the directory and see everyone's phone number.
We mainly got Dialpad for outbound sales calls for it's ability to install plugins for "click-to-call". It has been one of the best tools we've used for this purpose. We've also transitioned all our inbound phone calls for dialpad and use it in every aspect of our business for telephone communication with our customers.
  • Outbound Sales
  • Click to call
  • Phone call reporting
  • inbound phone calls through the mobile app
  • Better customer support through T-Mobile. Horrible service and cannot effectively communicate with them. When I want to add licenses it takes days or weeks to get a response.
Great tool for your sales team.
Here at Sands Investment Group, Dialpad is used to track call counts, analyze call outcomes, and review call recordings. The business problems the product addresses include trying to see conversion on cold calling. I personally use a dial pad to keep track of how many cold calls I make per day, per week, month, and quarter. I also enjoy using the recording feature. it allows me to review the conversation to see where I could improve in my cold calling. I also use the recording to double back and find any missing important information the prospect gave me.
  • number of calls
  • recording
  • organization
  • analytics
  • statistics
  • call lag -- sometimes there is a delay between my talking and the person on the receiving end.
  • call clarity - to improve static of calls, once in a while, the signal is not strong.
Tracking the number of cold calls I make in a day. For example, this past Wednesday I broke the company record on the number of cold calls made in a day. I was successfully able to track my data per hour with Dialpad. Also, dial pad is well suited to replay the call. It allows me to review and see where I can improve my cold calling techniques.
We use it to call potential customers and find businesses that need our services. We integrate it, with our CRM and are able to effectively call companies with the Dialpad Talk plugin, simply by clicking on the number within the CRM. It is a very good service for us. We love it!
  • Contact Customers
  • Contact potential customers
  • Plugins for Google help it work seemlessly to fit our needs
  • cost at times can feel a bit high
  • easily switching numbers
  • asking for more licenses is often difficult
Trying to get more licenses for us to add mroe sales people to the program is often difficult. we try to work with one of their resellers in T-mobile to get this done, but it is less than affective from time to time. besides this we have enjoyed the product for the most part, and highly recommend it for others, with similar needs.
We use it to interface with trade software for a call center.
  • Allows for tracking of callers.
  • Assists in rating employee performance.
  • Gives analytical data for reporting.
  • Needs to integrate with Service Titan so that Voice Prints/call recordings are also stored in Service Titan rather than just being stored in Dialpad.
  • Protects that Dialpad user against the numbers being so easily marked as spam.
  • Should make the Caller ID with the business name that is listed in Dialpad visible to persons that you are calling. Why have the ability to put in a caller ID if the call recipient doesn't see it?
Thank you for the opportunity to give feedback. We rely on Dialpad for our business and would certainly benefit from the suggested improvements such as making the Caller ID available to call recipients, guarding Dialpad numbers against being marked so easily as spam, and allowing immediate transfer of Voiceprints/call recordings to Service Titan so that they are not solely stored in Dialpad when using a free-standing Dialpad system. Another huge area that give us better productivity in the workplace would be having the same ability to use call shadowing and barging in Departments as your system allows in the use of a Call Center. I am available for further discussion as necessary!! Please listen to your customers!!
We use Dialpad Talk to manage all incoming and outgoing telephone calls. Dialpad Talk gives us enterprise call centre level features at a price that works for us as an SME. The features that we find most useful include company wide call recording and the online reporting dashboard. Dialpad Talk has allowed us to monitor exactly what's going on with phone calls across our site and make changes to procedures and performance manage staff where required.
  • Call recording
  • Online dashboard
  • SMS facility in UK
  • Deskphone support
I would be hard pressed to find a scenario of a company that makes or receives customer calls who would not benefit from Dialpad Talk.
I use Dialpad Talk to make calls to customers & new leads. We also have a mainline that customers can call, and it rings for all operators, with the first person to answer it getting the call. Having a phone system that is accessible and easy to use when I'm on my computer is critical, and Dialpad Talk has many cool features that make my life easier (recording calls, transcribing calls/voicemails, etc.)
  • Sound Quality & Connection
  • Recording Calls
  • Mainline Calls
  • Analytics
  • Better Mobile App
  • Display for Messages - Would be nice if it's grouped by contact, rather than list of all messages
  • More ringtones
Dialpad Talk is very appropriate for calls when working in the office and hardwired to the internet. It's great for when I need to make calls to my clients, or even rope multiple people into a call. I love having the ability to get a transcript & record my calls too! It's not the best when my internet connection isn't the strongest (which can be said of any voip provider). Having calls drop is very frustrating, but may not be Dialpad Talk's fault.
Nicanor (Nick) Pesina, Jr. | TrustRadius Reviewer
Dialpad Talk allows me to seamlessly manage my law firm's phone system while tracking billable hours. Dialpad Talk is very intuitive and allows my team to deliver top notch customer service.
  • Integrations
  • Reporting
  • Call Tracking
  • Account Settings for Executive Assistant
  • iPhone App slightly delayed
  • Text messaging system
Dialpad Talk is great for a law practice because it allows for tracking of time spent on the phone with clients. Dialpad Talk is unnecessary if you likely do not experience a decent amount of CRM calls.
We've implemented Dialpad Talk as a primary softphone application in multiple projects within the past year. What I believe Dialpad Talk does better than every other developer is the focus on ease of use. This applies to all users, as well as admins and customers. The downtime of Dialpad Talk services is, at this point, nonexistent. The user interface is extremely beginner friendly and flexible for implementation with a LARGE variety of other services. I could not recommend Dialpad Talk enough to any business, large or small. Incredible work is being completed by the Dialpad team.
  • Customer Service is always quick to respond.
  • The mobile and desktop applications work together seamlessly.
  • Managing a large number of users never became overwhelming.
  • I would like to see personalization options in the UI.
Any business looking to make or receive phone calls could benefit from Dialpad Talk services. I believe Individuals could also find numerous personal use cases that could make day-to-day communication much more efficient as well.
I use Dialpad Talk everyday. The ability to seamlessly transition from mobile app to desktop during a call, reliability, and overall quality features has made me a customer for life. It is cost effective yet you would think I paid much more for the quality of calls and features I receive. We needed a reliable virtual office system, and having used Dialpad Talk in the past, it was the first purchase I made when I stepped into my role here.
  • Call quality and sms capability
  • Seamless transition from desktop to mobile
  • Simple and easy user interface for system management
  • More integrations with with more CRM systems
  • Increased accuracy on the call transcription
Any size of business can benefit from the use ofDialpad Talk. Its quick, easy, and simple to get started. They have a myriad of features to handle everything from a one man crew to a large office setup.