My quick and fast experience with Jaspersofthttps://www.trustradius.com/business-intelligence-biTIBCO JaspersoftUnspecified7.92501012014-02-02T00:35:58.734Z
February 01, 2014
My quick and fast experience with Jaspersoft
Score 7 out of 101
We used Jaspersoft to create PDF Reports that are required by government regulations. The software that require this is an Electronic Health Record (EHR) systems. The reports generated is to show how the physician site has used the software, and what areas were covered by the software.
- It can be used to produce nice looking PDF reports
- It is not too difficult to learn as a start.
- There is a GUI interface to provide starting point of reports creation
- It can be quite easily programmed via java "plugins"
- I think the GUI can be made more intuitive, and it would be helpful to have more tutorials. I did have to spend a few days just to figure it out as I did not find tutorials on it.
- I used the free version, so obviously the positive side is we did not have to pay
- Next advantage is you can pick it up relatively fast, even though I think the UI can be much improved. Otherwise creating PDF reports by programming is quite a complicate task, to me anyway
We evaluated against one other product, but the fact that I can make use of the free version and was able to pick it up relatively quickly seals the decision.
I have no need to use it right now, but if I were task to create software driven PDF reports, I will use it due to familiarity. I am also sure by now there is a better UI and functionality in the newer versions.