QAD ERP review
Updated August 19, 2015
QAD ERP review
Score 9 out of 10
QAD 2008 SE
- Finance, Distribution, EDI
Overall Satisfaction with QAD
QAD is used across the whole company, and QAD as any ERP when you do the correct setup will give you the tools to manage the range full company data, It helps a lot with centralizing AP & AR, and its easy to follow up with the automotive standards EDI, cumulative orders, etc. The problems appear when you don't make a correct setup it could become painful just as with any ERP.
- EDI is the standard for Automotive; its really easy to setup and follow up on day by day
- The support of regulatory changes (for example new electronic accounting in Mexico). They are developing a full module to cover this new requirement in an easy way for an international company that need to follow up with this Maquila Accounting reports (easy 2 weeks setup)
- MRP is the heart of QAD, It simplifies the planning base on BOMs, formulas or Safety Stock and works great to plan WIP, RAW and MROs
- It's flexible, you could have relatively cheap customizations to make it work 100% as need it.
- The knowledge base is a great tool to resolve small issues during day to day work.
- The support could be handled better. Sometimes the QAD support team needs a lot of time to resolve issues.
- The browsers (Netui) are a great help, but they consume a lot of memory resources; they need to improve the performance for complex browsers (normally the one s developed by customers)
- The configurable screens are a great idea to simplify the daily work, but they do not support all the screens. The worst part is that you could create the simplified screen but when it starts working strangely, the answer from the QAD support team is that the screen is not supported.
- It help us to reduce the inventories (FG and RAW)
- It reduce the time to adjust to the constantly changing international customs laws
The full product overall is better that expected, it is easy to use and it helps the company to handle different locations, control inventory, cost and requirements this provide the needed data on all the time, but when something goes odd, the help desk is behind the sale.