Updated July 28, 2020
Score 7 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with TOPdesk
[It's] Used by the whole organization. It addresses any ticketing management needs to maintain records and IT/Web/GIS/Design communications with staff.
125 - We use it for IT Service Managment, Facilities Managment, Web Design Requests, ArcGIS map creation requests and Science Requests. Staff is able to create tickets through the self service desk in different portals. Operators are able to see tickets via e-mail and address all issues.
- Workflow Managments and uptime.
- Easily create forms for any new self service desk. Fast implementation of new workflows.
- Creating new users and archiving old users.
- Customizing more complicated workflow with different external teams.
- More options in creating more elaborate forms, adding pictures for example.
- more integration options for Azure, we currently cannot integrate fully with azure and manually upload everytime we create a new user.
- It has increased efficient on how staff communicate issue to operators.
- It has helped operators create a filtered for staff to communicate through, this helps them manage their time and priorities.
- The self-service forms help guide staff to better understand their issues and terminology surrounding their issues.
Service has been excellent, everyone is very responsive. I like the new communications [features], it has definitely improved in the past 5 years. Sometimes, I feel a bit brushed off with more complicated integration questions.
Topdesk's SAAS environment is reliable and there are rarely if ever any downtime. Their customer service is still top notch and renewing process is easy. I have not noticed any slow downs or random glitches that would cause us to lose any data that would cause productivity loss. I also love how they e-mail users once a week to communicate any updates and offer tips for a more efficient work environment.
TOPdesk Feature Ratings
150 - Administrators only need to be familiar with any other ticketing system such as zendesk. The users are provided with drop down menu's and clearly labeled directions, so the only skill that is required to complete a ticket is writing and the ability to read.
- Used to manage IT tickets and time managment.
- Used to manage Human Resources needs.
- Used to manage finance needs.
- Used to manage video production needs.
It's a great product once setup and is pretty autonomous. If you need to setup anything new, it can be sometimes painful dependent on what you need to setup. Creating portals is very straight forward and easy but creating flows for different forms or operator groups is a great hassle with little explanation.
Like to use
Requires technical support
Slow to learn
Lots to learn
- Simple managing the ticketing process. It's well laid out.
- Creating new helpdesk related portal, they have a click and drag feature.
- Creating new types of operator groups.
- Setting up flows for how forms work or actions.
Does not integrate fully with azure active directory, users are need to be imported using scripts and ftp method.
- Sharepoint Online
Implemented into Sharepoint online intranet page as a quicklink.
Evaluating TOPdesk and Competitors
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- Product Reputation
- Vendor Reputation
- Third-party Reviews
Product Usability, it's key for a small organization. You don't wanted a bloated and overpriced products that costs an arm and a leg.