Overall Satisfaction with Veeam ONE
While working at a previous job, we virtualized the great majority of our servers. Part of that process was to include finding a new backup alternative for our virtual VMware servers. Veeam ONE was included in our purchase of the Veeam backup product and what a wonderful inclusion it was. Veeam ONE does an excellent job of monitoring the health of your virtual servers and alerting you to potential issues in a proactive manner. If I had an issue with the product, it was that (at that time anyway) it wouldn't monitor our old physical servers. Veeam ONE monitors only virtual servers and does an excellent job thereof.
- Reporting - Veeam ONE has the ability to update you with daily reports that are easily customizable.
- Monitoring - Veeam ONE shows current and past health of virtual servers. This includes proactive statuses that can warn you of impending issues.
- Alarms - Veeam ONE can contact you via a number of methods to warn you that an issue is impending, or occurring that requires your attention.
- At the last time I used Veeam ONE, it didn't monitor physical systems. I don't necessarily consider this a flaw, just a feature that would be nice to have.
- Veeam ONE warned us of overuse of vSphere machines and recommended virtual server moves, thereby allowing us to maximize our hardware efficiency.
- Veeam ONE could be a little irritating when its recommendations would continue to reverse due to slight changes on borderline systems.