Updated February 24, 2016
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with WebSphere Cast Iron
It is being used to develop enterprise wide integrations. You can quickly develop integrations between systems that are done in other software would take much longer and difficult to achieve.
- Integrations with systems.
- Data transformation.
- Batch processing.
- Documentation and support are not the best.
- Much faster development time.
- Easier to support once services are developed.
- Easy monitoring of processes through the management console.
IBM App Connect Feature Ratings
WebSphere Cast Iron Support
Support is good, however it takes longer than expected to get responses.
When bugs are reported they often seem to fall into a black hole.
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
Difficult to get immediate help
Using WebSphere Cast Iron
You can do some really powerful things with this system. The overall design is an attempt to make configurable some of the routine tasks/common functionality, but allow for development/customization of the core of the application.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Feel confident using
Lots to learn
- Routine/common tasks - scheduling, timing of processes, connecting to endpoints/common systems