- 1010data is rated higher in 2 areas: Likelihood to Recommend, Usability
Likelihood to Recommend
The software is excellent for any application which is too large for Excel. The visual interface surpasses that of most SQL platforms. It is quite useful for data mining in an exploratory way but less useful in statistical and regression analysis.
- Applications where the users need [to] execute many short queries.
- With new storage engines such as Aria, which allows to replace MyISAM with some improvements, and XtraDB, which evolves InnoDB.
- To fuse the legacy features with the features available in NoSQL databases.
- Connection management, which allows multiplying the number of concurrent accesses.
- New clustering engines, such as Galera, which allow interesting possibilities for Cloud adoption.
Engineer in Information TechnologyComputer Software Company, 1001-5000 employees
- Simpler learning curve. MariaDB is a cleaner, simpler system that is (IMO) easier to learn and easier to manage effectively than many other database systems.
- Lower hardware requirements. After migrating to MariaDB from another database software system, we find that our hardware needs have substantially decreased.
- MariaDB support is very responsive. It's like they actually care. On the few occasions we've run into technical issues, support has always come through with what we needed. Once it was showing me a relatively new feature the server supported that I wasn't aware of, that, once I was able to properly make use of it helped me resolve a serious production performance issue.
- Architectural flexibility. As an example, the ready availability of synchronous (Galera) versus asynchronous replication schemes without being locked into one of the other by enormous technical complexity or punitive licensing, allows the customer to find what really works best for their needs.
- Driver Support - Some third party applications use database drivers that cause unexplained slowness with MariaDB. This can be worked around by using the MySQL drivers, but it's not clear what causes the problem in the first place.
- Support - While online communities are helpful in diagnosing problems, there isn't as much professional documentation/support available for MariaDB as some of the other major database options.
- Data Visualization - It would be helpful if there were more built in options for analyzing statistics and generating reports.
Professional in Information TechnologyHigher Education Company, 501-1000 employees
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
Based on 1 answer
MariaDB Platform 6.4
Based on 4 answers
Engineer in EngineeringInternet Company, 51-200 employees
No answers yet
No answers on this topic
MariaDB Platform 8.7
Based on 18 answers
We have launched several inquiries to MariaDB support and they have always responded very quickly and have not been tutoring for the duration of the incident/problem.
Likewise, they want to hold constant meetings with the client to get their opinion as well as how they can help.
I see a very human support and concerned about the customer.
While we have used SQL, 1010data is really the only industry standard product available for our use.
MariaDB stacks up the the competition just fine. Due to is ture open source nature we do not have to worry about licencing and spending money on nothing. Moreover, MariaDB does everything that we need to get done. We can run data that is a million rows or many smaller projects on the same environment with little overhead. One of the best features that MariaDB has is the ability of backup or dump data to standard text sql statements. That was one of the reasons why we choose MariaDb because it makes backups or transferring data a snap
Return on Investment
- Positive impact on help business make a data-drive decision
- Positive impact on big data analysis
- Negative impact on user friendly
- Low CAPEX if you have a team that use open source software day by day
- Medium OPEX if you have a team that use open source software day by day
- Perfect to use in academic ambient to support researchers and students