Likelihood to Recommend
The software is excellent for any application which is too large for Excel. The visual interface surpasses that of most SQL platforms. It is quite useful for data mining in an exploratory way but less useful in statistical and regression analysis.
When an existing MySQL table needs to be examined or edited, Sequel Pro excels. In the circumstance where a new table needs to be created, I believe phpMyAdmin might offer slightly better interface.
- Crunches huge datasets
- Has versatility in functionality and grouping capabilities
- Native XML macro language is easy to master
- The platform has great visualization tools
- Creating new databases and managing them, like editing some specific fields and options
- Great interface; it's easy to execute functions like SQL commands that automates our workflow
- The way it imports existing databases makes everything much easier, so we just need to import ZIP or SQL files
- I don't see a way in Sequel Pro to easily see and monitor MySQL's MyISAM keybuffer usage and InnoDB's buffer pool usage.
- The tool currently doesn't help you optimize your MySQL configuration variables. It would be very useful to be able to keep the client open for monitoring a DB server for a long time and then based on query usage, the tool could provide you with optimum variable settings for your server.
- The Query window that lets you write a SQL query by hand is not particularly smart. It doesn't autocomplete your queries or show you any syntax help or suggestions. When you try to run a bad query, you simply get back the error that MySQL would throw -- Sequel Pro will not help you debug the query.
While we have used SQL, 1010data is really the only industry standard product available for our use.
It's so much easier to use, it's the perfect balance between something deep enough to manage and customize databases, but it's easy enough to get into really fast.
Return on Investment
- This has sped up the process of analysis.
- We can now automate process which were performed manually.
- Analysis can be performed more frequently.
- The user interface is great. Since all of our computers are macOS based, we can all use it and share knowledge with our colleagues
- It enables me to make things in such a faster way that it enables us to spend our time with coding and providing more solutions to our clients
- The workflow is much improved with the import and export feature, so we don't waste time with that kind of work.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?