Reviews (1-25 of 351)
- Zoom meetings are easy to start and join. With some other web meeting platforms, it is difficult getting the software onto your computer. We've found that Zoom installs the first time you click on the meeting link with one-click ease.
- Recording your meetings in the Zoom Cloud is simple. Click record and then after your meeting is over, you get an email from Zoom with your recording link.
- Zoom is platform agnostic. It works with computers, laptops, mobile devices, Linux machines, and legacy video conference systems.
- In our environment using Polycom systems, videos that are being shared don't come through really well on the Polycom systems. The audio is usually very fluid but the video will lag or stutter.
- Virtual backgrounds have a come a long way, but I recently saw a "blur background" feature on a competitors platform that looked quite good. It'd be great if Zoom could do something like that.
- I appreciate that you have many options for what is being shared and how the viewer experiences it when you do a screen share.
- The video recording quality is good, and allows us to essentially make a training or demo video in the process of doing a call.
- The scheduling Chrome extension makes it easy to turn a calendar event into a Zoom meeting.
- On calls, audio quality can be bad, and we have spent time trying to fix it when time is short. It's rare, but it probably happens once a month.
- Occasionally I will join a Zoom event on my calendar and be added to a "room" where I am the only person. I'll then get an email from other attendees who say they are logged into the meeting and can't see/hear me.
- There are a lot of pop-ups that seem unnecessary when I just want to join and leave my calls smoothly.
- High quality video.
- Cloud storage of recordings.
- Google Calendar integration.
- HD video.
- Less customer mail about things we already know.
- Better support for small business users. Email and chat isn't always the best route.
- Better multi-monitor support.
- Ease of use for the desktop client
- Zoom rooms could not be easier.
- Chat features are strong and easy to understand and use
- Hmmmm - not many areas honestly. One improvement we've noticed that sometimes the chat features are not available when in a meeting (you can chat as part of the meeting, but not to people outside of the meeting)
- We have had a few (many less than Webex) disconnections from ongoing meetings. Typically this is explainable due to connectivity issues with the client.
- Zoom rooms (super easy - require little to no user training)
- Zoom chat. quickly allowing people a single app to manage conf calls along with chat, screen sharing and it even comes with fun gifs :)
- Zoom client - easy to join meetings, schedule adhoc video calls from any device anywhere
- Mobile client is easy to use and provides a consistent user experience (which is the most important...)
- the zoom product is robust and doesn't change the user interface on a weekly bases which keeps our users happy!
- Sharing one screen in presentation mode, while allowing you to reference other documents without being visible in the meeting
- One-click sign-in capabilities make joining meetings easy while travelling
- Recurring meetings are easy to schedule with Zoom membership plans
- Zoom requires downloading the Zoom software, which takes a few minutes on the first meeting
- Plan options are somewhat confusing. I had to review multiple times before figuring out the bare minimum plan required to host a recurring meeting.
- Expensive when adding on items in addition to basic plan.
- Connect people with various levels of IT service to each other.
- Web-based information-sharing meetings.
- Share files and documents for presentation.
- Some of the features block out screen space that could otherwise be used for presentation.
- Certain products, particularly with 3rd party sound/video peripherals, can be difficult to connect.
- Flexibility to be used on any platform...Mac, PC, phone, or tablet.
- Ease of use and practically no software required.
- Option to connect via the web or phone or both.
- Better integration with calendar apps
- More cloud storage
- Ability to set meeting expirations for records and live meetings.
If everything you do is in one building, then it has limited application. Create a general public forum of content on Zoom with regards to meetings and training.
- The recording function of the session is amazing.
- the sound and audio is spectacular.
- Very simple and intuitive to use.
- The front-end: make it more beautiful, more visual.
- That allows you to dial from 2 or more locations in the same session.
- Improve audio quality in cloud recordings.
- Work sessions with people in different cities.
- This session can be recorded on your laptop directly or if you do not have space you can do it in the cloud.
- You can enter the session from a computer, tablet, mobile phone, or even from a telephone.
I can't think of scenarios where Zoom isn't appropriate.
- Zoom is very easy to use to set up one-on-one meetings.
- Zoom works well to provide training classes to multiple participants.
- The integration with Google Calendar is easy to use and powerful.
- I wish the Pro plan had a little more than 1GB of cloud data without having to do the $40/mo add-on for more storage.
- Scheduling and joining meetings is easy; sharing meeting IDs is easy.
- Connectivity is great! We have rarely lost a call due to poor bandwidth.
- Collaboration during meetings is a breeze (sharing screens, chatting, etc.).
- When in a meeting, it is sometimes confusing to go from control panel to the meeting screen.
- Interactive online sessions with screen-sharing.
- Good audio quality.
- Good recording quality.
- Cloud service recordings.
- Intuitive desktop and mobile interfaces.
- Improvements in the mobile interface.
- Improvement in audio quality when video is turned on.
- Options for coupling meeting notifications with calendars (google, icloud, etc.).
- It's easy to connect! We have team members joining meetings via desktop computer, smartphone video, or just calling in, and they have all raved about how easy it easy to connect.
- It's so quick and painless to schedule a meeting! It takes me less than a minute, and I love all of the options available with a simple click as I'm setting it up.
- The visual presentation with several uses on-screen at once is perfect. It's easy to see and keep track of all meeting attendees.
- I've been using Zoom for several months and don't have a single idea for improvement at this point.
- Cloud Video conferencing solution avoids complex hardware appliances for hosting locally, hassle-free setup by IT team, less time to deploy.
- End to End encryption and less bandwidth consumption. HD video and voice features.
- Easy to use and does not need training for end users. All categories of people use it.
- Zoom conference rooms are great and easy to use.
- Very competitive pricing and has various price packages.
- Plugins for Mail clients, browsers, etc. are really great features.
- Joining by phone is greatest advantage.
- Recording the session and maintaining the recording over cloud is wonderful feature.
- Wonderful administrative console and controls offered.
- Administrators should be able to specifically able to enable recording feature for individual user. At present enabling recording feature enables for all users.
- Creating different groups in corporate and Security rules to restrict communication among the groups is not available.
- Large group meetings have some restrictions on mute/unmute voice and video after the meeting starts.
- Using Mac for Zoom rooms can be expensive for some of small companies.
- Some of the zoom room multiple screen setups reflect differently at times while the changes are made while conferencing is ON.
- AD integration and avoiding non corporate workers to communicating with corporate workers.
- Data sharing restrictions outside corporate.
- In short there are many Security controls absent.
- Ease of use when scheduling
- Easy to join a meeting
- Easy to record a meeting
- Cannot use dual iPads to display schedule in one room.
- Better security when it comes to outside users joining a meeting or viewing a recording.
- Would love to see Zoom work with Google Jamboard.
- Allows for personal conversation amoung individuals in serval different locations.
- Ease of use for first-time users.
- Provides recordings for future reference.
- Formatting of the invite could be cleaner and better organized.
- Allows for collaborative discussion.
- Works on multiple devices so you're not tied to the computer.
- Records in multiple formats (video, audio, and chat files) allowing for clear communication.
- Integrates with Gmail & Google Calendar to help keep your time managed.
- The file-sharing feature only shares at that moment with whoever is online right then. I'd like files to share separately from chat and remain available throughout.
- The Emojis for applause, thumbs up, etc. should be integrated into chat, not in a separate area: participant.
- The quality has been extraordinary. We used a competing solution before but it never quite met our expectations.
- The reliability of Zoom has been excellent. We have never experienced any downtown from the service.
- The user interface is simple making it easy for even our less experienced users to catch on and not feel intimidated.
- The recent security issue with mac should have been handled before it was released to the public.
Zoom Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Zoom is a popular online meeting and video conferencing platform known for its webinar capabilities for live virtual events and broadcasting. It features HD video and audio, collaboration tools, chat functionality, and an enterprise cloud phone system.
In addition to the above features, Zoom also offers:
Zoom offers hardware and software bundles for businesses looking to streamline their web conferencing services.
With Zoom Phone, users can bundle their voice, video, voicemail, messaging, meetings, and conferencing through one application. It can carry out calls over cellular voice, cellular data, or WiFi connections and is supported on Windows, MacOS, iOS, and Android devices.
Zoom offers a free, Basic version that supports online meetings up to 100 participants and offers the basic tools users need to run online audio and video conferences. Its next level of offerings are its Pro offering that is $14.99/mo/host and its Business offering that is $19.99/mo/host. Both of these offerings include the same features as the Basic option but add on more features such as increased meeting duration (24 hours), reporting tools, and admin dashboards.
Zoom also supports an Enterprise level offering at $19.99/mo/host, but requires businesses have a minimum of 50 hosts/users. Its key features are support for up to 1,000 participants, unlimited cloud storage, a dedicated customer success manager, and executive business reviews.
|On-premise Edition||Pricing Details||Terms|
|Virtual H.323/SIP Room Connector||49/month|
|SaaS Edition||Pricing Details||Terms|
|Zoom Room Conference Room||49/month|
Zoom Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Zoom Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Blackberry, Mobile Web|
|Supported Countries:||North America, South America, Europe, Africa, Asia, Australia|