Reviews (1-25 of 586)
- 1:1 meetings
- Departmental all-hands
- Town Halls
- Sales enablement training/webinars
- Customer enablement trainings/webinars
- Customer Support enablement meetings
- It just works. Biggest complaint with our previous solution is that it took 10 minutes to connect to a meeting. Now, our users connect instantaneously.
- Dashboard is fantasitic. Can access real time information to troubleshoot calls.
- Admin ports offers quite a bit of information. Like that it's a one stop shop to access everything I need to administer the site, users, run reports and access the dashboard.
- Tickets get resolved quickly.
- Feature requests are realized quickly.
- Managing subaccounts is a bit cumbersome. Love that I can access them from the same portal, but inconvenient to have to sign-in to the site to fully administer.
- Zoom Room in-depth meetings reports could be better.
- The first thing I noticed about Zoom was the sleek look of the app (both mobile and desktop). I know it may sound silly to mention the aesthetics before design and functionality, but Zoom looks like it belongs in the present. It feels like it represents current technology that was designed with a purpose.
- I love the quality that Zoom provides. From the HD functions to the supreme audio quality that Zoom delivers, I was impressed from the very start. Our company was on the search for video conferencing technology that could keep up with our growth, and Zoom met those needs with flying colors.
- There are so many great amenities that come with Zoom. The "cool features" like "touch up my appearance" and the annotation capabilities are just icing on the cake of a really fun technology to use. Zoom is simple and sleek for our end-users, but it also has a lot of bells and whistles to excite the tech nerd in us all!
- There are a few areas of the Zoom Phone functionality that I feel like need improving, such as the 911-calling capabilities and some of the call center solutions.
- Some of the ways in which Zoom interacts with other hardware, such as Cisco room kits and Advocor conference systems, leaves a little to be desired. Those that are partnering with Zoom to bring the meeting conference experience to the next level need to have the "bugs worked out" before launching their products.
- The user interface is extremely easy to use. This makes it so all skill levels can join a meeting easily.
- The audio and video quality for meetings is very good. This makes for clear sound quality and HD video.
- The Zoom chat and phone features add additional communication options.
- The record function is easy to use and allows users to record and send the file to people who may have missed the meeting.
- The Zoom Rooms alerts could be better set up so the admins are not getting countless emails every day.
- The dashboard could be better optimized for PC.
Once we fully adopted Zoom for Business and signed up each staffer to have their own license, everyone had the power to schedule and manage their own calls and become connected instantly as needed. Staff capacity was increased when we no longer needed someone to dedicate their time to making sure people were connected. Zoom is practically effortless. We noticed in the first 3 months of use of Zoom that our admin teams' support tickets were reduced by 40% because so many of those tickets had been related to meetings and meeting support. We love Zoom and have never looked back!
- Ease of use, with minimal training needed for our staff.
- Ability to troubleshoot call quality from the admin dashboard.
- Cloud-based call recording.
- Occasionally our staff has trouble with call quality, which is not related to the Zoom product, but usually their own connection issues. Only our Admin has the ability to log into the back end and seek out the problem.
- Listening to customer needs.
- Integration integration integration!
- User-friendly interface.
- User analytics.
- When I used Zoom while conducting some administration tasks, it wasn't quick to switch back and forth between the one providing support and the user for the copy/paste function. When I spoke to the one providing support they said it happened all the time.
- Ability to change between different types of views, hiding yourself, etc. is really ideal depending on the type of meeting setting your in.
- Screensharing and annotations make it easier to get everyone following along to what you're talking about.
- Waiting room functionality is great for overlapping meetings - no more awkward interaction between your next meeting participants jumping in while you're finishing up with your current.
- Easy to switch between different mic/speaker inputs you have - clearly labeled within the platform.
- I wish the software notified you when people on your call are having connectivity problems. This might help mitigate the issue where participants ask others if they can hear them or not.
- Wish there was a very quick onboarding process for those using Zoom for the first time - I find folks are a little confused when I have meetings with those who have never used the platform before.
- For those with free Zoom accounts - I wish the counter was in view the entire time of the meeting, rather than just the last 5 minutes or so.
- Video calling - No buffering, automatic adjustment, and very rarely does anyone have to say "can you hear me now?"
- Audio calling - Perfect and recorded for future review
- Conference calls - Easy to bring in 10+ parties without any loss in quality
- Screen sharing - Easy to use, get to choose what window or monitor to share
- Scheduling - Easy to schedule an event and export to calendar then invite guests
- User experience in scheduling - Every time I go to export to a Google calendar, it makes me re-auth my account then opens the wrong calendar as I'm logged into multiple Google accounts.
- Recording editing - Could use some more robust tools for editing a recorded video/audio before export.
- Air time recording - Does not automatically cut out muted segments with only one participant in recordings.
- Zoom meetings are easy to start and join. With some other web meeting platforms, it is difficult getting the software onto your computer. We've found that Zoom installs the first time you click on the meeting link with one-click ease.
- Recording your meetings in the Zoom Cloud is simple. Click record and then after your meeting is over, you get an email from Zoom with your recording link.
- Zoom is platform agnostic. It works with computers, laptops, mobile devices, Linux machines, and legacy video conference systems.
- In our environment using Polycom systems, videos that are being shared don't come through really well on the Polycom systems. The audio is usually very fluid but the video will lag or stutter.
- Virtual backgrounds have a come a long way, but I recently saw a "blur background" feature on a competitors platform that looked quite good. It'd be great if Zoom could do something like that.
- Google Meet imposes a limit of 25 participants per video call and we started hitting it as the company grew
- Google Meet started crashing unexpectedly during the conference, especially when someone starts sharing their screen
- Very high video and audio quality.
- Nice little features like automatically muting your microphone when they detect feedback.
- You can see videos of other participants in a small floating panel while you're sharing your screen so that you can gauge their reaction while you're presenting.
- Video recording: important for training sessions, tech talks, all-hands.
- Plenty of configuration options. I appreciate the option to automatically record all calls.
- Exciting features coming in the future like clapping and other reactions during a video call.
- Unlike Google Meet, it requires you to download an app and/or a browser extension to operate.
- Second-class experience on Linux.
- Costs extra money, although the cost seems justified for a mid-size company.
- Zoom makes things incredibly simple to manage from a single touch device, this can sometimes be so simple that our users coming from Polycom are over-complicating it's interface.
- Zoom's open device platform allows us to shop around for the best solutions to incredibly specific use-case meeting rooms. No matter the issue we have always been able to solve it with out of the box solutions.
- Zoom's responsiveness in helping with or developing solutions for integrating with external systems makes their support incredibly easy to work with and the platform as a whole much easier to adopt than traditional meeting solutions.
- For lack of better words, Zoom's interface is rather unconventional, which makes it harder for users who are resistant to change to adopt the platform. Despite the interface being easy to use and very navigable, we find users are resistant even if it is an easier platform because it looks different from all other applications they use on a daily basis.
- I really like the mobile capabilities for Zoom; it's nice to be able to choose whether to attend a meeting using my laptop or my mobile phone.
- When I'm using the mobile app to connect, I like that Zoom calls me - so I don't have to try and dial a number when I'm driving.
- I love the "1 click" integration with iPhone (i.e. I just click the long dial-in number and code link and automatically get connected to Zoom.
- The interface on my laptop isn't as user-friendly as it could be. Zoom always splits into 2 separate windows. It would be nice if all the functionality were contained in 1 window.
- Customer success for onboarding/check-in calls
- Customer support for troubleshooting calls
- Sales for demos and enablement calls
- Product for user research calls
However, the entire company has accounts as we use it for any and all conferencing. We also use Zoom Rooms!
- Easy to use-Click New Meeting and Share Screen on the Zoom app, and lecture capture happens.
- Searchable transcripts are essential and close to accurate.
- Zoom listens to us. Thank you.
- Zoom is easy to add users and manage who is Pro and who is Basis on a day by day basis, if need be.
- Classroom features: attendance, flag content, annoymous chat (Q & A), and audio/video chat: think combo platter of Echo360 and VoiceThread.
- Pre-schedule auto record, auto download, and auto upload to LMS--full educational integration
- Connect with any and every audio/video--like Apple mirroring
- Meetings are easy to create and run on a daily basis, extremely user friendly.
- Their support team is really helpful when we have any issues.
- Customer Success team truly invests with our organization.
- One of the issues we still face today is sharing video to a broader audience, for example webinars. We always have a problem when sharing it.
- It is the only software offering their users HD videoconferencing and audio calling feature . Zoom can work on multiple platforms with different operating systems and mobiles.
- Zoom participant can join the meeting and conversation for free, at one time more than one participant can join. Users can even use screen sharing features which is undoubtedly amazing.
- Zoom usage is free and the customer service is very good.
- The dashboard is difficult to navigate and can be made better. I wish there could be pop up notification feature as we are unable to notice if any chat is missed.
- To make video call there is always a good internet connection required. After 40 min of free use it is not free, users have to pay an amount.
- For any additional feature users have to pay expensive charges and the technical support is also limiting.
- Video and Audio calling is clear, fast and problem free.
- Coordinating and scheduling meetings with others
- Inviting users outside of org
- Customer support really cares
- Patches are sometimes half baked and can sometimes cause issues/break functionality
- Chat could be improved so it operates more like Slack
- Sharing your computer screen makes it so much easier to troubleshoot problems.
- Being able to invite participants into meetings in real time, while the meeting is going on.
- The ease of use for clients. The learning curve is very low. Most clients are able to have meetings with no training needed.
- Zoom is very reliable.
- When more than one Zoom Room comes into a meeting, it would nice to be able to confirm which one was going to be the host. Right now it is whichever Zoom Room comes in first is the host.
- If your iPad does not have the correct version, you should not be able to enable green screen mode. Once they check that, they cannot un-check it.
- It's user-friendly, easy and intuitive to use if you're already pretty tech-familiar.
- It comes up as it's own window, so you can be attending the meeting and at the same time bring up any documents you'd like to look at during the meeting, all on your computer.
- It also has a chat feature, so if, for instance, the sound isn't working on someone's end, you can still communicate that to the other people in the meeting.
- I think an alert somewhere that tells you if your speakers are not turned on would be helpful. You may have the sound on in your Zoom meeting, but if you're speakers are not on you may not realize why the sound isn't working.
Nothing can replace face-to-face communication, however, this is a great alternative when that just isn't possible.
- It helps in conducting live video chats and access to meeting analytics. We can easily share the screen during a call.
- The recording feature is helpful in saving. It gives great access to in-depth support like live help, online chat, phone support, FAQs.
- It comes for free and we can add 100 participants in a video call at once which is one great feature.
- Sometimes managing sub-accounts becomes a bit difficult.
- The dashboard could be made better for PCs.
- The host box is seen on the upper right side which can move or minimize in meeting mode.
- Overlay controls are unlikable, as they get in the way of recording.
Important feature updates are easily available on Zoom.
Zoom is very useful, and the most widely software used until now for webinars and conferencing.
- Zoom is an online based best video conferencing software capable of combining meetings and sharing content.
- The best part about this software is that it is supported by android, ios, Mac, and Windows as well.
- Zoom offers great free edition features for its users.
- To add videoconferencing to your company, it also offers a feature called Zoom Rooms.
- I wish there could be a warning feature when accidentally two Zoom meetings are scheduled.
- It is not totally free, as you have to pay after 40min of use.
- Sometimes call or meeting recordings don't show up or download.
- A pop up feature or notification should also be there if we miss any chat.
Another useful feature is the integration with Google Calendar and Microsoft.
- Zoom is simple to use and deploy. Users quickly adapted to the zoom client and immediately said the solution improved their day to day activities.
- Zoom Rooms have improved our ability to share content and collaborate with teams across conference spaces throughout the organization.
- Webinars have improved our ability to provide training and recordings to end-users and teams.
- Auditing of the admin roles. Logs for functions the admin performs such as IM performing searches for IM chats.
- Ability to perform IM chat audits and see the images in of screen captures in the chat audit (i.e. images or files).
- Zoom offers acceptable easy video conferencing features for business or family meetings with the webinar add-on. The Zoom interface is nice to go directly to the website.
- Another amazing feature is that I can link it to my google and yahoo account as well.
- As compared to other tools, it also includes up to 100 participants in video conferencing.
- When starting, the system is currently quite slow, which causes files to take a long time to be transferred.
- To make video call or video conferencing it always requires a good internet connection.
- Another big drawback I will mention is that it only accepts PayPal electronic wallet, which I'm not using currently.
Zoom allows its users to expand with excellent collaborations features.
After the free version, the user has to pay the same amount, which is a drawback.
- Training Videos across multiple sites.
- Leadership Meetings across multiple sites.
- Video Interviews.
- Offsite events.
- Helps with Work From Home Users.
- The mobile app needs work.
- More options are needed on the Mobile App, like resizing shared screens.
- The raise hand feature should highlight the person who's pressed the button.
- With the simple Zoom add-on we can download into our personal Outlook to make scheduling meetings easy.
- Every employee has their own account and unique login ids . Their customization options are great to use. It easily gets integrated with Google Calendar.
- It allows for scheduling the meetings in advance orto send an invitation from the software itself.
- The least likable thing about this software is their overlay controls. They can get in the way of recording.
- Their support could have been a little better. The action bar while sharing a screen is a bit cluttered.
- The text chat feature should be improved. Text messages are not saved if you end the call .
- It required more significant integration with G Suite and Office 365.
Zoom Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Zoom is a popular online meeting and video conferencing platform known for its webinar capabilities for live virtual events and broadcasting. It features HD video and audio, collaboration tools, chat functionality, and an enterprise cloud phone system.
In addition to the above features, Zoom also offers:
Zoom Video Webinar
Zoom offers a Video Webinar option supporting unlimited audiences viewing live with presentation engagement tools like group chat, dual screen support, live broadcasting to YouTube or other platforms, polling, and other features supporting streaming webinars and virtual events.
Zoom offers hardware and software bundles for businesses looking to streamline their web conferencing services.
With Zoom Phone, users can bundle their voice, video, voicemail, messaging, meetings, and conferencing through one application. It can carry out calls over cellular voice, cellular data, or WiFi connections and is supported on Windows, MacOS, iOS, and Android devices.
|On-premise Edition||Pricing Details||Terms|
|Virtual H.323/SIP Room Connector||49/month|
|SaaS Edition||Pricing Details||Terms|
|Zoom Room Conference Room||49/month|
Zoom Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Zoom Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Blackberry, Mobile Web|
|Supported Countries:||North America, South America, Europe, Africa, Asia, Australia|