Zoom Reviews

Jorge A. Merino | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 10, 2020

I highly recommend Zoom for distance learning

I use it personally to teach online classes for a private academy. But I've also implemented it with other companies to provide training, meetings, and webinars since the Covid-19 emergency began.
  • Share multifunctional screen.
  • Connection with multiple calendars.
  • Annotation tools for everyone.
  • Continuous security improvements.
  • Chat. It could be a little more advanced.
  • Integrate participant area, chat and surveys in a single panel (improved user experience).
  • Option of personalization of annotation tools, to have only those that will be used and not the entire existing range.
In the Covd19 emergency, I started using it in its free version, especially for the education sector. I think that even in its free version it is worth it above its competitors. In fact, it's so exciting that I was encouraged to pay for the Pro version. I currently use it daily for meetings and trainings, plus remote web and graphic design classes.
Read Jorge A. Merino's full review
Richard Foster | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 28, 2020

The Zoom product is great, but the billing and customer service is on the opposite side of the spectrum

Zoom is being used to provide online learning and training to instructional faculty and enrolled health care students.
  • Quality image and audio.
  • Easy to use.
  • Allows for virtual backgrounds.
  • Offers a variety of meeting settings.
  • Billing service
  • Customer service
  • Response to issues
  • Adequate support
Although Zoom provides a quality product, and I would normally give a higher rating than I did, Zoom lacks in billing and customer support. Zoom has focused on the onslaught of its privacy issues and has diverted its attention to this issue. In doing so, users that have issues with subscriptions are left fending for themselves. Billing and customer support are lacking, and users are faced with emails that go unanswered. When attempting to call in, long waits of being placed on-hold occur, only to be answered by their answering service. With the recent onslaught of online needs, the business practices of Zoom have failed. Numerous accounts of someone having paid for a business or pro account has ended up reverting down to a basic subscription. This reversion results in numerous problems, one of which is the inability to hold meetings longer than 40 minutes.

Read Richard Foster's full review
Stella Olsson | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 17, 2020

Zoom is the result of having good communication

I can connect to conduct meetings in an excellent and clear way, without any interruption. It works very well for me and the team, allowing us to keep in touch at all times and even more so when we are in quarantine time. It has special features that make it unique and position it in one of the most useful videos conferencing softwares on the market.
  • Its interface is really simple and easy to use.
  • The learning curve is very short thanks to the platform interface.
  • It is very easy to share the Zoom link to join the video conference.
  • Screen sharing quality is excellent.
  • The way video calls are displayed when there are too many people is a little awkward.
  • With a bad connection, the video call could be viewed without any problem, but now either the audio or the video can be pasted in this case.
  • It's kind of confusing how to make the sound work when you're on a video call.
For now, due to its tools, it has been the best for video conferences and calls.
Zoom Rooms has been very useful because I can share screens that I have on the same network, thus allowing me to have more access to my devices without having to start Zoom on the device that I am going to use. The bad thing is that it is too bad to synchronize or sometimes it throws ID and password errors.
Read Stella Olsson's full review
Matthew Gardner | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 18, 2020

Zoom - the answer to all the other video solutions

Zoom is used by our sales, marketing, customer success, and product teams. Obviously for sales calls, demos, and internal conferencing some solution is needed within any org, and Zoom is the best product we've tried in its category. Simple to use, very reliable, doesn't cut out or buffer, and no one has issues using the product on the receiving end of an invite. All complaints are minor usability issues and not core product problems.
  • Video calling - No buffering, automatic adjustment, and very rarely does anyone have to say "can you hear me now?"
  • Audio calling - Perfect and recorded for future review
  • Conference calls - Easy to bring in 10+ parties without any loss in quality
  • Screen sharing - Easy to use, get to choose what window or monitor to share
  • Scheduling - Easy to schedule an event and export to calendar then invite guests
  • User experience in scheduling - Every time I go to export to a Google calendar, it makes me re-auth my account then opens the wrong calendar as I'm logged into multiple Google accounts.
  • Recording editing - Could use some more robust tools for editing a recorded video/audio before export.
  • Air time recording - Does not automatically cut out muted segments with only one participant in recordings.
Very good for sales, marketing, and onboarding/training calls with screen shares where you need reliability and ease of use and to keep a recording of the session. Less suited for product demos which will be disseminated by email, it is not a hosting/editing tool.
Do not use.
Read Matthew Gardner's full review
Gerardo Baeza | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 15, 2020

Zoom is currently the most robust video conferencing platform out there

Previously, all our meetings were held in our different meeting rooms and all the meetings were recorded so that people who could not attend could see it at another time. Currently we can hold meetings where we present the progress of our projects, regardless of whether we are in the office or on the road. Zoom allows us to easily schedule meetings and send links to the different members of our team.
  • Zoom is easy to use and very intuitive for scheduling meetings.
  • It has a really affordable cost.
  • It is compatible with different operating systems such as Windows or Android.
  • A fast internet connection is required so there is no instability.
  • Mobile app for iOS has poor audio quality.
Zoom is a platform that is very useful when there are employees who work remotely.

I consider that it is always appropriate to have a platform like this, because it is compatible with all devices, so you can connect from anywhere.
Read Gerardo Baeza's full review
John Wilson | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 30, 2020

Essential tool for distant learning and meetings during the COVID-19 emergency situation

Zoom was previously used within our IT department on a small scale, however, now during this emergency situation of the coronavirus, now our institution policy is shifted to distance learning. Our students are now attending classes remotely from home and Zoom is widely used to deliver the best education for them.
  • Easy to use.
  • Ability to share slides and content.
  • High quality video and audio.
  • Some voice lags occur.
  • Mobile app is not good enough as the website platform.
Easy-to-use platform for online meetings and distance learning especially for higher education institutions. It allows our school to deliver the academic education to our students in this critical time. Zoom provides high quality audio and video compared to other software product. Sharing presentations and recordings is very easy as well.
Read John Wilson's full review
Kelley Paystrup | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 19, 2020

Zoom is great for mentoring students

We tried several platforms for having class discussions online with the COVID-19 issue. Zoom was the one that was the most user friendly and worked the best for teaching. None of the others were nearly as well designed. Add to that their opening up services for schools in need of moving online no charge, and it was the obvious choice. It has worked very well.
  • Lets me see everyone in the group while we chat.
  • Lets me mute people in the group as needed, but they don't have power to mute the moderator.
  • Has the hand raising function which helps very well with discussing.
  • I wish I could shut down silly comments in the chatbox.
  • It would be nice to add a whiteboard.
This is perfect for teaching my high schoolers online. It also works well for faculty meetings. I'm quite pleased with it. I wish there was a way of taking roll that would show me when someone leaves the group.
Read Kelley Paystrup's full review
Brian Chung | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 06, 2020

Zoom, that video conferencing app that beats the competition.

Zoom is being used across our whole organization. As an organization that has campus staff all across the nation, Zoom has made it easier for coworkers to meet without needing to travel. We are able to meet with many people at once, whether that is through video or people calling in through phone - and it is super stable (unlike other video conferencing options out there).
  • Stable video conference calling for many people.
  • Ability to include people via phone call.
  • Screen sharing is really helpful.
  • Have a web feature for new people who join so they don't need to download the app first.
  • Other than that, I can't think of many other places of improvement - Zoom has been fantastic!
Zoom is well suited for companies and organizations that need to meet with clients or coworkers on a consistent basis. In particular, a great feature of Zoom is if you have a very large group, you can break the group into smaller teams to have mini conversations and then bring back the entire group. It is less appropriate if you just need to do some video conferencing for fun. Zoom is also great if someone can't make a meeting because you can record your call.
Yes, we use Zoom Rooms, especially when there are a lot of people on the call. I've been very happy with this experience, not many video conference applications have this function. During these rooms, we are able to have small group conversations to process some of the things we have been talking about or generate ideas in smaller groups before talking about it in a larger group. Often times video conferencing can feel overwhelming with many people talking at once - this simplifies it.
Read Brian Chung's full review
Melissa Wade | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 18, 2020

Try Zoom! It's great!

I use Zoom to have conferences with individuals who are outside of our building, away from the office and working remotely. It allows me to show the individual what I am working on and helps to explain visually what is happening on the project. Phone calls are great, but showing someone exactly what is happening and what you are doing is so much better.
  • Allows sharing of my screen.
  • Allows visual sharing of information with remote individuals.
Zoom is perfect for a one-on-one discussion with individuals who work remotely. It allows you to see someone face-to-face in a meeting without the expense of flying or driving for the meeting. It allows for visual interaction and display of information in a way that is very simple and easy.
Read Melissa Wade's full review
Natosha Lea | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 21, 2020

Zoom on Chromebook

In our business world of RE/MAX we use Zoom for webinars, meetings, interactions with clients, and more. I have a Chromebook and I am not able to use a Zoom Virtual Background. I am hoping someone can help me get an answer on why, or if there is a plan in the future to activate this for all the Chromebook users out there?!
  • Gather people.
  • Interact.
  • Business worthy.
  • Chromebook access.
I just want my virtual background to work.
Read Natosha Lea's full review
May 06, 2020

ZOOM = easy, reliable and fast to setup app for working from home

We are using Zoom on a daily basis. We use it to communicate with our colleagues and have about 3 meetings a day. The whole organisation uses Zoom to work from home if necessary. It solves the problem to communicate over a long distance, it solves the problem of traveling to face-to-face meetings and costs are saved.
  • The ability to use an external microphone to enhance the listener's experience.
  • The video quality is really good with a minimal delay on the voices.
  • The application is really easy to use and setup to your personal preference.
  • The ability to add a virtual background to your screen.
  • You need a stable internet connection for Zoom to work without delays, which all people don't always have access to.
  • The process to invite or add someone to your meeting can sometimes be a bit confusing, especially when you need to add a lot of colleagues or friends.
  • Not all virtual backgrounds project clear images, sometimes they are blurry.
  • The basic version of Zoom can only allow up to 100 persons at a time, which can be a downside if you can't afford the upgraded version.
Zoom is well suited if you want to work from home and stay in touch with colleagues, or if you want to communicate with friends all over the world.
Zoom is less appropriate to use when a lot of participants wants to join the meeting, sometimes the app can crash or stop the meeting but this has only happened once before.
April 14, 2020

Zoom

With the changes we had to make with COVID-19, Zoom was a tool that we moved to because of its ease of use and something that we could have our users start using right away. My team had used it previously and we determined that it was the easiest option for our users to turn to.
  • Ease of use.
  • Flexability.
  • Cost.
  • Zoom bombers.
  • Security.
  • Changing terms.
I think Zoom provides a lot of flexibility and it is reasonably priced. I think it is good for doing online presentations both as the person presenting and the person(s) watching. The features of asking survey questions and breakout rooms are very helpful if you are using it for online instruction.
Zoom provides excellent collaboration features and is easy to learn for non-tech savvy users. I have used this both as a meeting host and as a student and it meets the needs of both well. This has had a significant impact on our academic continuity plans. I would highly recommend this.
April 13, 2020

Working remotely with Zoom

We are using Zoom all across UW Advancement and even had a 300-employee face-to-face meeting. I use it at least once a day since Mar 6th when I began working remotely. I use the audio, video, chat and screen share to continue working and it is not that much different from being in the office. I feel that I am actually more productive since I have more control over distractions when working from home.
  • Easy to set up.
  • Easy to use.
  • Great for collecting team feedback.
  • Great for collaboration.
  • In my personal life, we tried it for choir practice and it was an epic fail.
  • Have the yes/no/raised hand more easily visible to whomever is speaking at the moment.
Very well suited when a single person is speaking at a time. Very well suited for when you need to discuss something that requires visual feedback. Great for feeling connected to others when working together remotely. Completely unusable for a choir with multiple people trying to sing from multiple remote locations.
April 09, 2020

Blast off with Zoom!

Zoom is used by individual teachers to participate in training sessions and webinars. We also use it to be able to bring in speakers that normally would not be able to come into our classrooms.
  • The controls for the Zoom while in the meeting are relatively easy to find and understand.
  • It is nice to be able to control how you see other members of the meeting.
  • The meeting invitation that is received before the meeting gives clear directions that are easy to follow.
  • As a school with limited budgets, we are currently using the free version so our recorded meeting length is limited. It would be nice to see that limit increased or removed.
  • I had one meeting where we joined through the invitation, but had no sound. We then had to also call into the meeting to be able to hear. There was no clear direction on why we had to this or what we could change.
I have had the opportunity to use Zoom both at work and in graduate school. Zoom was a great tool to use to meet with my classmates when we were working on group projects. To be able to have those conversations in real time was very beneficial. It has also proven very helpful to bring training into our school district. It has allowed us to decrease expenses to bring in trainers to implement new programs.
I have participated in Zoom Rooms through my graduate school courses. These were a nice feature to be able to set-up class meeting times and to have a chance to meet with my professors in real time. It made my online courses feel more interactive and allowed for more participation.
February 12, 2020

Zoom to your meetings!

I believe a few of us are using Zoom currently. Zoom allows for me to set up meetings at the click of a few buttons and allows for me to share screens back and forth with our partners and customers. I was first introduced to Zoom by one of our customers and I've loved it. Zoom google calendar integration scheduling cuts down on scheduling time!
  • Zoom is a great way to share screen back and forth in a meeting. I've found that it's reliable and doesn't have much lag.
  • Great Google Calendar integration that makes inviting people to Zoom meetings seamless. This is one of the coolest features for sure!
  • The calling audio quality is great!
  • I have had the app send out links that don't work before and needed to resend out invites.
  • Sometimes the app needs to be restarted if you have it set to start app when the computer starts up. Not sure if it's half starting up or what.
  • I've had the app crash before during a meeting, but it's been a while. I'd like to see more functionality on pushing the meeting to our TV.
Zoom is great for scheduling meetings through Google Chrome! Love the integration there. The app screen shares well and I've had very little problems with using Zoom. Having the meeting link in the Google Calendar app is a Godsend! I've had a few wires crossed while using the app in which I needed to generate new meeting links.
May 08, 2020

Long-distance meetings are easy to hold

We are using the tool to hold meetings. As we are working at home due to the covid-19, Zoom allows us to hold daily meetings to establish goals. It solved the problem of lack of communication and kept the team together in this time of crisis. Undoubtedly a good tool for meetings.
  • Quality video calls - Meetings that have video are of very good quality and my co-workers and I can understand each other well.
  • Audio calls - simple audio calls work very easily and quickly.
  • Screen sharing - To make meetings it is also very important to share a screen to make something happen and this tool helps a lot in this.
  • Easy to use on any operating system.
  • It is necessary to have a good internet connection for video calls to work with good quality.
  • It is necessary to have a reasonably good computer to share the screen as it can crash everything.
  • I found problems sharing multiple monitors at the same time.
Zoom is a great tool for holding important meetings. Not everyone can always be present at the company so it helped us a lot. There are some institutions that we are still unable to make clear by video calls, requiring human contact for a better understanding and explanation of work things.
April 08, 2020

More Questions Rather Than Answers

During this COVID-19 pandemic our school district is using Zoom throughout the school district for teachers and students to connect for classroom meetings; including updates, check-ins, Q/A, socializing & personal connections for students and staff, seeing each other during time of isolation, having a story read aloud together as a class, and sharing with jokes.
  • Face to face setting.
  • Sidebar for Q/A or conversations.
  • Ease of login.
  • Captioning is not very accessible as someone must be typing during meeting time or use of an outside agency (CART) rather than voice recognition technology to have captioning readily available.
  • The platform lacks and needs to have a dedicated box/tile for an ASL interpreter during a live presentation.
February 11, 2020

World-class product!

It is being used across the whole organization. It allows different teams to meet and present content as we have a global presence with multiple managed offices as well as the sizable remote workforce. Our sales team also leverages Zoom to meet with customers.
  • Google Calendar integration.
  • Hardware agnostic.
  • No HD video support yet.
Zoom makes it easy to generate meetings and send them to parties.
January 10, 2020

Best budget conferencing system

We use Zoom for video conferencing and calling from the computer. We use it to connect across internal teams in the company. Our experience so far has been great, as it offers outstanding service. It is very easy to use and offers a very user-friendly interface. It also integrates with most of our devices and video conference equipment.
  • Integration with advanced equipment.
  • Easy to use.
  • Not open source option.
  • No trial.
We used Zoom for conferencing with our teams while working on outages or maintenance windows.
It has been excellent so far for working in the IT team, and every time there is a maintenance window or outage, we create a room and every teammate joins and we share our commitments.
Diana Anderson | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 16, 2019

Zoom Room Review

Zoom is globally by our entire organization. It allows are users to easily collaborate internally and with external customers. Uses cases include:
  • 1:1 meetings
  • Departmental all-hands
  • Town Halls
  • Sales enablement training/webinars
  • Customer enablement trainings/webinars
  • Customer Support enablement meetings
  • It just works. Biggest complaint with our previous solution is that it took 10 minutes to connect to a meeting. Now, our users connect instantaneously.
  • Dashboard is fantasitic. Can access real time information to troubleshoot calls.
  • Admin ports offers quite a bit of information. Like that it's a one stop shop to access everything I need to administer the site, users, run reports and access the dashboard.
  • Tickets get resolved quickly.
  • Feature requests are realized quickly.
  • Managing subaccounts is a bit cumbersome. Love that I can access them from the same portal, but inconvenient to have to sign-in to the site to fully administer.
  • Zoom Room in-depth meetings reports could be better.
Zoom is well suited in cloud video meetings. Far better experience that current competitors. Zoom makes it easy to start/join a meeting from any device.
We recently started deploying Zoom Rooms. Feedback has been positive with biggest comment of, "it just works."
Read Diana Anderson's full review
Charles Browder | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 16, 2019

Zoom was the absolute best choice for our company

Zoom was purchased with the intent of using it across the whole organization. Our company has around 150,000 employees spread across the globe, and while we don't have a Pro license for every one of those users, we have a large number of employees using Zoom. Zoom has actually helped us push our company into an era that uses tech for collaborating and cut down significantly on travel costs, as well as having helped reduce our carbon footprint.
  • The first thing I noticed about Zoom was the sleek look of the app (both mobile and desktop). I know it may sound silly to mention the aesthetics before design and functionality, but Zoom looks like it belongs in the present. It feels like it represents current technology that was designed with a purpose.
  • I love the quality that Zoom provides. From the HD functions to the supreme audio quality that Zoom delivers, I was impressed from the very start. Our company was on the search for video conferencing technology that could keep up with our growth, and Zoom met those needs with flying colors.
  • There are so many great amenities that come with Zoom. The "cool features" like "touch up my appearance" and the annotation capabilities are just icing on the cake of a really fun technology to use. Zoom is simple and sleek for our end-users, but it also has a lot of bells and whistles to excite the tech nerd in us all!
  • There are a few areas of the Zoom Phone functionality that I feel like need improving, such as the 911-calling capabilities and some of the call center solutions.
  • Some of the ways in which Zoom interacts with other hardware, such as Cisco room kits and Advocor conference systems, leaves a little to be desired. Those that are partnering with Zoom to bring the meeting conference experience to the next level need to have the "bugs worked out" before launching their products.
If you have to video conference anyone, and I do mean ANYone, Zoom is the perfect platform for that. Part of my job is helping our company adopt new technologies that we purchase, and Zoom is our preferred method. Maybe for an intimate setting or a performance review, I wouldn't use Zoom? But for almost any other scenario, I would recommend using Zoom.
We use Zoom Rooms paired with the Avocor system technology. While not a true Zoom Room, it has the functionality to open one within it. We haven't had a great experience in this area, as the Avocor system tends to sign the room out of its exchange address, and then the room is defined as an "Unassigned Room" which really complicates the sign-in process. However, once signed in, the Zoom Room works flawlessly and is a wonderful experience.
Read Charles Browder's full review
Tanner Lichty | TrustRadius Reviewer

Zoom Has Transformed Communication and Collaboration for Western Union

Zoom has been deployed company-wide for Western Union. We have several hundred conference rooms globally that are currently using Zoom Rooms. These rooms vary in size from small huddle rooms to large combining spaces. In addition, all employees have the Zoom app on their laptop and can join meetings that way. We also use the webinar feature very often for large training sessions. Zoom provides the company with an easy to use and simple video conferencing solution that makes collaboration accessible to all users.
  • The user interface is extremely easy to use. This makes it so all skill levels can join a meeting easily.
  • The audio and video quality for meetings is very good. This makes for clear sound quality and HD video.
  • The Zoom chat and phone features add additional communication options.
  • The record function is easy to use and allows users to record and send the file to people who may have missed the meeting.
  • The Zoom Rooms alerts could be better set up so the admins are not getting countless emails every day.
  • The dashboard could be better optimized for PC.
Zoom is fantastic for users to easily join a meeting from their laptop. Zoom also works wonderfully in conference rooms spaces when paired with touch screens. These touch screens running Zoom Rooms make it easy for a user to walk into the room and quickly start a meeting. It is slightly less optimal for large, all-hands meetings.
Zoom Rooms makes it easy for users of all technical skill levels to easily join a meeting without audio and visual issues.
Read Tanner Lichty's full review
Shilo McCabe | TrustRadius Reviewer

Zoom is awesome!!!

We use Zoom at our organization to keep our team connected, as we are scattered all around the country. Team meetings, all-staff meetings, meetings with our comrades in the movement are all now handed through Zoom. Previously, we had one "gatekeeper" at our organization who would schedule all our virtual meetings and have to be on-hand to provide constant tech support to get each person into a meeting and troubleshoot during the first part of each call - which was inefficient.

Once we fully adopted Zoom for Business and signed up each staffer to have their own license, everyone had the power to schedule and manage their own calls and become connected instantly as needed. Staff capacity was increased when we no longer needed someone to dedicate their time to making sure people were connected. Zoom is practically effortless. We noticed in the first 3 months of use of Zoom that our admin teams' support tickets were reduced by 40% because so many of those tickets had been related to meetings and meeting support. We love Zoom and have never looked back!
  • Ease of use, with minimal training needed for our staff.
  • Ability to troubleshoot call quality from the admin dashboard.
  • Cloud-based call recording.
  • Occasionally our staff has trouble with call quality, which is not related to the Zoom product, but usually their own connection issues. Only our Admin has the ability to log into the back end and seek out the problem.
Zoom is well suited for scheduling all-team meetings where everyone can seamlessly be on video, and anyone can screen share with very little training/orientation.
Read Shilo McCabe's full review
Dylan Smith | TrustRadius Reviewer

Zooming Past the Competition

We are currently implementing Zoom as our division-wide communication platform. Zoom is going to replace our archaic phone system, our outdated conference rooms, and provide efficiency through better helpdesk service.
  • Innovation.
  • Listening to customer needs.
  • Integration integration integration!
  • User-friendly interface.
  • User analytics.
  • When I used Zoom while conducting some administration tasks, it wasn't quick to switch back and forth between the one providing support and the user for the copy/paste function. When I spoke to the one providing support they said it happened all the time.
I honestly believe that Zoom is on the right path to be the future leader in business communications. From my experience, zoom really does listen to its users. In my company, we have some users who aren't as computer savvy as others, and yet they're able to pick up Zoom without issue. Being an all-in-one type of communications platform, Zoom helps users transition from the many solutions they already use to Zoom. Chat, phone, meetings, support. Just Zoom. Instead of looking for this application for this or for that, you just have to find Zoom. I'm excited to see future developments from this company.
Luckily, my manager has experience with Zoom Rooms and was able to show me the ropes. Zoom Rooms are incredibly versatile. What I really believe makes these rooms better than the older technology is simple: Customization. It's not just a blank screen, you can put slideshows on so that when clients walk by they are given a feeling of professionalism from your organization. Videos can be set to start when before the meeting to clear white noise and to build up to the meeting or event. I also believe that signage can be integrated into Zoom to show when meetings are and who has the meeting scheduled to prevent confusion and, "Oh, I didn't know you had this room reserved." scenarios.
Read Dylan Smith's full review
Christine Austin | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 30, 2019

Zoom, The Speedier Solution to Web Conferencing

Our entire organization uses Zoom to meet both internally and externally with clients or other peers. It's been ideal for us due to its ability to also allow for calling in for anyone who is not near a computer. Since we also organize webinars and occasionally need to go live on Facebook, having the webinars add-on, rather than using an entirely separate platform, is convenient.
  • Ability to change between different types of views, hiding yourself, etc. is really ideal depending on the type of meeting setting your in.
  • Screensharing and annotations make it easier to get everyone following along to what you're talking about.
  • Waiting room functionality is great for overlapping meetings - no more awkward interaction between your next meeting participants jumping in while you're finishing up with your current.
  • Easy to switch between different mic/speaker inputs you have - clearly labeled within the platform.
  • I wish the software notified you when people on your call are having connectivity problems. This might help mitigate the issue where participants ask others if they can hear them or not.
  • Wish there was a very quick onboarding process for those using Zoom for the first time - I find folks are a little confused when I have meetings with those who have never used the platform before.
  • For those with free Zoom accounts - I wish the counter was in view the entire time of the meeting, rather than just the last 5 minutes or so.
Zoom is a fantastic all-in-one web conferencing solution for those looking to have different participant viewing options and screen sharing. Depending on your computer, Zoom can tend to drain your laptop battery pretty fast, even in a 2 hour meeting. So I advise having a charger on hand. Otherwise, the platform seems to have minimal problems.
We currently don't use Zoom Rooms.
Read Christine Austin's full review

High quality audio (590)
High quality video (592)
Low bandwidth requirements (522)
Mobile support (1)
Desktop sharing (585)
Whiteboards (370)
Calendar integration (522)
Meeting initiation (576)
Integrates with social media (225)
Record meetings / events (547)
Slideshows (389)
Live chat (491)
Audience polling (301)
Q&A (340)
User authentication (413)
Participant roles & permissions (463)
Confidential attendee list (324)

About Zoom

Zoom
Zoom is a popular online meeting and video conferencing platform known for its webinar capabilities for live virtual events and broadcasting. It features HD video and audio, collaboration tools, chat functionality, and an enterprise cloud phone system.

In addition to the above features, Zoom also offers:

Zoom Video Webinar
Zoom offers a Video Webinar option supporting unlimited audiences viewing live with presentation engagement tools like group chat, dual screen support, live broadcasting to YouTube or other platforms, polling, and other features supporting streaming webinars and virtual events.

Zoom Rooms
Zoom offers hardware and software bundles for businesses looking to streamline their web conferencing services.

Zoom Phone
With Zoom Phone, users can bundle their voice, video, voicemail, messaging, meetings, and conferencing through one application. It can carry out calls over cellular voice, cellular data, or WiFi connections and is supported on Windows, MacOS, iOS, and Android devices.

Zoom Features

Has featureIE compatible
Has featureAvailable for Linux
Has featureAvailable for OS X
Has featureAvailable for Windows
Does not have featureMobile support
Screen Sharing Features
Has featureScheduling
Has featureCalendar integration
Has featureMeeting initiation
Has featureEnd meetings
Has featureIntegrates with social media
Has featureRecord meetings / events
Has featureConfidential attendee list
Has featureSecure file sharing
Has featureMobile Screen Sharing
Has featureVideo Breakout Rooms
Has featureScreen share video with audio

Zoom Video

Zoom Product Overview Video -- Zoom is revolutionizing the ways teams collaborate. Whether you're connecting multiple conference rooms or adding remote attendees. Meeting face-to-face is as simple as a single touch.

Zoom Integrations

Slack, Salesforce.com, Marketo, Google Drive, Box, Dropbox, Pardot, Zapier, Skype for Business (formerly Lync), Microsoft One Drive, Microsoft Outlook, Google Calendar, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, LTI Canvas, LTI Blackboard, LTI Moodle, LTI Desire2Learn, Kubi

Zoom Competitors