Zoom is an online meeting and video conferencing platform.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/X0/J2/JJQC92U6VWBP.PNGZoom zooms past the conference calling solution provider packOur entire company uses Zoom. We switched to Zoom because it is a fraction of the cost of what we used to spend with our old provider and the service is much better. Zoom solved our soaring conferencing costs and the complexity of using our old provider's service. Our old provider's service and support model was grossly outdated and the technology was as well. Our users love Zoom because of how easy it is to use. Call initiation and scheduling are a dream with Zoom. I highly recommend it to any business who is struggling with finding a solution.,Zoom is very easy to use. We haven't had but a handful of helpdesk tickets related to its use so far. Zoom is inexpensive. We use a lot of conference minutes because our conference calls usually involve at least 10 participants, which makes the price of regular conferencing services really high. Zoom's pricing allows us to actually create an accurate monthly budget for the service. Zoom's service is superb. We've never had a glitch, an outage, or any performance problems with the service. Zoom's support is excellent. Zoom techs know what they're doing and have solved all of our issues within minutes. A+++,We've had no issues so far. The few helpdesk tickets we've had have been on our end or have been a need for a bit of user training.,10,Extreme cost savings. Not kidding here. We use a lot of minutes per month and the savings over our old provider is in the thousands of dollars. Integration into Outlook is excellent. Everyone loves the plugin and the ease of scheduling meetings. Active Directory integration is nice too. Our users use their same credentials so that there's no new usernames or passwords to remember.,We've had a great experience with Zoom Rooms. Everyone who initiates a call uses the functionality because there's always a presentation or collaboration of some type. We are very satisfied with Zoom Rooms, which is a significant feature that our old provider didn't offer. We highly recommend Zoom Rooms for conferencing.,Skype for Business (formerly Lync),No,10,No,Every time. We've never come away from an email conversation or a conference call with Zoom with the feeling that we haven't been helped. Our issues have always been resolved--as few as there have been. Their support made sure our onboarding went smooth and that we were happy.Zoom is a great and feature rich tool. But a bit expensive too.Zoom is a great tool for virtual conferences and we use it alogside with Google Meet for the virtual meetings that we have. Many of our projects have people from distant places taking part in some roles of the project, so we use many tools for remote work workflow and Zoom is one of them.,The screensharing feature in Zoom is better than in other similar apps. Zoom has a great stability. Its rare to have problems with connection and stream fluidity. Zoom is simple to use and always connects well with audio, video and recording devices.,The first time that one of our partners use Zoom, sometimes they cannot configure well the app. I think Google Meet is simpler in that aspect. Zoom has limitations in the basic plans and the paid plans are expensive. So sometimes we use Google Meet because its integrated in our GSuite.,8,Zoom improves our collaboration in virtual meetings with its tools. We is a good tool for our workflow with a small cost.,I've never used Zoom Rooms.,appear.in and SkypeZoom is the one for enterprise conferencingWe are using Zoom at eSilicon for the whole company for: - instant messaging - audio conferencing - video conferencing - screen sharing Being a global company we need to have a state of the art conferencing system. I have noticed personally how the productivity and collaboration between remote teams has improved by adopting Zoom. The biggest difference from the previous conferencing solution is the quality in audio and screen sharing.,Audio quality is the best I experienced in many conferencing systems. If nobody is talking it is so quiet that you may think nobody is there. Screen sharing speed is almost instant. We got used to say this whenever we were starting screen share: "Please let me know when you see my screen". Now that is no longer needed. The ability to select live the speaker and microphone used is tremendous. I can switch during a meeting from headset to large speakers and even walk around the desk if I am not required to speak.,Instant chat is not quite instant. That is the reason its adoption for us is not high. The mobile app(Android) doesn't have all features as the desktop one and has some room for improvement, also the instant chat delay. The calendar in the app is not showing all Zoom meetings you have, just the ones you initiated, which is a little frustrating. It could be a great way to minimize the dependency on Outlook calendar.,10,Our collaboration with the remote teams and their productivity clearly increased due to the higher quality of Zoom. The in-meeting technical issues, like can't hear, can't join etc have greatly diminished which results in less time spent on meetings and more on the actual work. Initially we planned to use Zoom for instant chat also, however we are still stuck with Skype for Business(former Lync) due to some issues with Zoom instant chatting.,We recently installed 2 Zoom rooms but I did not use so far.,Skype for Business (formerly Lync), Skype and WebEx MeetingsAn Easy Choice, An Easy OptionIt is being used throughout our institution. It allows us to participate in video calls and view webinars via our Wi-Fi connection. It is an amazing tool that we use for communication and can be used anywhere. We can share videos and documents while sitting in the comfort of our own office or even from home.,Easy to download and easy to use. Convenient-it can be used anywhere, on demand, and allows for multiple users. Love being able to screen share and the quality is amazing! Can record the meeting/session.,I think it is probably our Wi-Fi but sometimes it takes a while to connect.,10,Zoom has provided a convenient way to communicate between campus locations. If someone cannot travel for a meeting, they can connect through Zoom and they are right there! Better communication includes better collaboration.,No, I have not but am going to look into it. It sounds interesting...,Skype for Business (formerly Lync) and RingCentral MeetingsI'm definitely not using Zoom to it's full potentialWe have access to the platform at several of our campuses. It assists in planning system-wide meetings, conferences, Regents Meetings etc.,The screen sharing feature is great. It allows us to discuss logistical details without having to be in the same room. Easy access regardless of location. I can log in from my cell phone, desk top or a landline.,I've been using Zoom less than a year and it serves my purposes in its current incarnation. Our biggest challenge is internal hardware, we don't all have cameras at our workstations.,7,Improved collaboration for sure. But from the last page, I can tell my campus isn't using the full functionality of the system. Our main use is the online meeting where we can screen share ideas, etc.
Windows, Linux, Mac
Zoom

Zoom Reviews<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>

Zoom
Top Rated Award
Filter 570 vetted Zoom reviews and ratings
Kenneth Hess profile photo
November 30, 2018

Review: "Zoom zooms past the conference calling solution provider pack"

• Zoom is very easy to use. We haven't had but a handful of helpdesk tickets related to its use so far.
  • Zoom is inexpensive. We use a lot of conference minutes because our conference calls usually involve at least 10 participants, which makes the price of regular conferencing services really high. Zoom's pricing allows us to actually create an accurate monthly budget for the service.
  • Zoom's service is superb. We've never had a glitch, an outage, or any performance problems with the service.
  • Zoom's support is excellent. Zoom techs know what they're doing and have solved all of our issues within minutes. A+++
  • We've had no issues so far. The few helpdesk tickets we've had have been on our end or have been a need for a bit of user training.
Honestly, Zoom is such an improvement over our previous provider's service, no one has complained. I don't have any idea where its use would be inappropriate or inadequate. Zoom serves us very well. We're extremely happy with the service, support, and pricing. We have more than 100 users and a record of no complaints is significant.
Read Kenneth Hess's full review
Raphael Sanguinete profile photo
November 26, 2018

Review: "Zoom is a great and feature rich tool. But a bit expensive too."

• The screensharing feature in Zoom is better than in other similar apps.
  • Zoom has a great stability. Its rare to have problems with connection and stream fluidity.
  • Zoom is simple to use and always connects well with audio, video and recording devices.
  • The first time that one of our partners use Zoom, sometimes they cannot configure well the app. I think Google Meet is simpler in that aspect.
  • Zoom has limitations in the basic plans and the paid plans are expensive. So sometimes we use Google Meet because its integrated in our GSuite.
Zoom is well suited for small teams that want a robust videoconference application and usually do small virtual meetings. If you have to pay, I think Zoom is better suited for bigger companies, because small teams with a tight budget can use other tools that can do the job for free or for a smaller cost.
I've never used Zoom Rooms.
Read Raphael Sanguinete's full review
Cristian Bodnarasec profile photo
November 19, 2018

Review: "Zoom is the one for enterprise conferencing"

We are using Zoom at eSilicon for the whole company for:
- instant messaging
- audio conferencing
- video conferencing
- screen sharing
  • Audio quality is the best I experienced in many conferencing systems. If nobody is talking it is so quiet that you may think nobody is there.
  • Screen sharing speed is almost instant. We got used to say this whenever we were starting screen share: "Please let me know when you see my screen". Now that is no longer needed.
  • The ability to select live the speaker and microphone used is tremendous. I can switch during a meeting from headset to large speakers and even walk around the desk if I am not required to speak.
  • Instant chat is not quite instant. That is the reason its adoption for us is not high.
  • The mobile app(Android) doesn't have all features as the desktop one and has some room for improvement, also the instant chat delay.
  • The calendar in the app is not showing all Zoom meetings you have, just the ones you initiated, which is a little frustrating. It could be a great way to minimize the dependency on Outlook calendar.
Zoom is best suited for audio and video conferencing, screen sharing. It has the best quality I have seen so far in all apps we tried: Lync, Skype, Webex.
Less suited I can say it is for instant chat, where there may be some delays, especially when you use the mobile app. The messages are coming sometimes very late or not at all.
We recently installed 2 Zoom rooms but I did not use so far.
Read Cristian Bodnarasec's full review
Sandi Ols profile photo
November 18, 2018

Zoom Review: "An Easy Choice, An Easy Option"

• Easy to download and easy to use.
  • Convenient-it can be used anywhere, on demand, and allows for multiple users.
  • Love being able to screen share and the quality is amazing!
  • Can record the meeting/session.
  • I think it is probably our Wi-Fi but sometimes it takes a while to connect.
Screen/document sharing & video conferencing are great ways to utilize Zoom.
No, I have not but am going to look into it. It sounds interesting...
Read Sandi Ols's full review
Lisa Walke profile photo
November 17, 2018

Review: "I'm definitely not using Zoom to it's full potential"

• The screen sharing feature is great. It allows us to discuss logistical details without having to be in the same room.
  • Easy access regardless of location. I can log in from my cell phone, desk top or a landline.
  • I've been using Zoom less than a year and it serves my purposes in its current incarnation. Our biggest challenge is internal hardware, we don't all have cameras at our workstations.
As an event planner it's incredibly helpful to have a live interaction with someone who isn't within a reasonable distance. Visual cues help determine if I'm on the right track with a client and how clients' feelings may differ across the board.
Read Lisa Walke's full review
Carl Sandhoff profile photo
October 11, 2018

User Review: "Zoom is THE Solution"

We use Zoom for video conferencing, collaboration, audio-only calls, and client meetings.
  • Take advantage of the freemium solution Zoom offers to try it out. It is a full-featured, free version. The only limitation is the time for a meeting, which is 40 minutes. Do yourself a favor and try Zoom!
  • The interface is incredibly easy. The licensing is easy to understand. The administration doesn't take any special training. It just works. It makes sense. It does all of this while providing conferencing solutions at a fraction of the cost of the traditional players in this area.
  • More robust analytics on the backend would be nice. This doesn't impact how great the functionality is.
I have been involved in the decision to leverage Zoom to improve video conferencing experiences in my last two positions. When an Executive Leader says they are frustrated with the current solution and they "just want it to work", the answer is always Zoom. My current company is a Zoom Integrator and reseller, but I want to review this application as a user.

Zoom is great for huddle spaces, conference rooms, training, webinars, mobile video meetings, or at your desk.
I use Zoom daily and several times per day. If it were anything other than easy and convenient I would be using something else. Keep up the great work, guys!
Read Carl Sandhoff's full review
Johny Jacques profile photo
October 11, 2018

User Review: "Still in love with Zoom 4+ years later"

Zoom is being used enterprise wide. The business problems that Zoom has addressed are: lessen time to meeting, cost effective way to implement Zoom and Zoom Rooms at mass scale. Easy implementation of new conference rooms and retrofits.
  • Zoom is very intuitive and the learning curve is absolutely the lowest I've experienced in any video conferencing solution.
  • Zoom's support is top notch, very responsive and friendly.
  • It's easy to develop relationships with our customer success managers and product managers. Zoom's culture makes it easy to become loyal customers and brag to others about the Zoom experience.
  • I am probably one of the more vocal customers in the past four years and some of the things I have been asking for and have yet to receive are: An easy portal to submit feature requests and track their statuses and be kept up on what is happening from a feature perspective. Zoom often releases updates without formal announcements not giving the system administrators and engineers time to fully test before deploy. I have 30 plus feature requests in to date and not sure I've seen progress on more then 2 or 3.
I think Zoom works for all scenarios honestly. I just can't think of any other solution that delivers on this level. I have had a love affair with Zoom for over 4 years now and the flames haven't stopped burning.
I love Zoom Rooms. I've been using Zoom Rooms before they were actually a product. I claim partial credit even for the evolution of Zoom Rooms. Love them.
Read Johny Jacques's full review
JayJay Kim profile photo
October 10, 2018

User Review: "Zoom in!"

Zoom is being utilized by the entire organization and it address problem of disconnect you feel as you have many remote offices and employees. It also eases work from home experience as well. It is the next best thing to seeing people in person.
  • Ease of Use - The most non-technical users are able to pick up and use zoom easily
  • Listen to Customers - Zoom listens to what customers need and want particularly well. It is a customer based product. It seems like common sense that product should be customer focused, but you don't see that a lot in other companies.
  • Stability - Zoom has not had a major outage for the 3 years we've used them.
  • UI refresh. It's getting a little old and could use the screen real estate a little better.
  • More advanced features. As zoom grows, it has all the basics covered and could do better with advanced features. Some examples are NDI integration, building out a broadcast system like Skype TX, room usage report, etc.
It is always well suited for small medium-ish to big companies.
Just wouldn't recommend it for really small businesses where everyone is working from an office.
Yes it is AWESOME!
Read JayJay Kim's full review
Traci Bean profile photo
October 10, 2018

User Review: "Zoom-tastic!"

We currently use Zoom to provide special education and therapeutic services to students and patients across the country. Additionally, we utilize Zoom internally to hold departmental meetings.
  • Screen sharing is especially easy to use and allows our providers the flexibility they need to move between activities quickly and seamlessly.
  • The annotate feature is helpful when teaching students writing skills and in completing online worksheets and other educational activities.
  • Scheduling is easy when we use the recurring event feature since we typically see the same student at the same time each week.
  • When using the AirShare on an iPad, there doesn't seem to be anyway to allow the sharing of app functionality.
  • Sometimes the annotate feature is difficult to find.
I have recommended Zoom to many colleagues due to the ease of use and the ability to establish a BAA for HIPAA security. I tend to get geeked out on the many features available on Zoom and am excited to see what Zoom has in store for the future of video conferencing.
We don't typically use Zoom Rooms.
Read Traci Bean's full review
Kerry Floyd profile photo
September 21, 2018

User Review: "Get meetings done at Zoom speed :)"

We use it across the organization -- we have about 700 remote employees and we use it to host meetings all the time. It's fast, reliable, easy to use on desktop or mobile, and it's incredibly simple to set up. Most of our remote employees are between 22-26 so it's great that they can use it on their phones.
  • Simple setup
  • Very reliable
  • Clear image quality
  • Nothing! This is a very reliable product.
If you have a lot of people who need to call into a meeting and you want to also video chat with them, it's a super useful tool. The gallery view makes it feel like everyone's in the room, and it's nice to be able to selectively share your screen.
No, we don't use zoom rooms.
Read Kerry Floyd's full review
Gary Hirschfeld profile photo
September 18, 2018

Review: "Zoom is not only the best but it also does not break the bank"

We record and share conference calls using video and video conferencing. We are able to easily schedule calls with our candidates (for employment) and are not limited by the number of invitations or the length of the meeting. In addition, the recordings are easy to make and save and can be viewed from their site (or another cloud provider we upload to).
  • Video Calling.
  • Recordings are easy and quality is great. The recording of video and audio separately (and together) is automatic and very useful.
  • We like the waiting room feature
  • The product is free
  • We use the paid account. Having a one hour meeting in the free account would be helpful for some but for us, it is affordable at the cost per month.
  • The storage of the recording could be done real time instead of at the end of the meeting. This delays us leaving the meeting because we have to wait for the recording to finish.
It just works better than other products.It is suited for all calls we make. We do not use it for desktop sharing as much as another product we like better.
Read Gary Hirschfeld's full review
Stacy Brookman profile photo
August 10, 2018

Review: "Zoom is the best option for virtual meeting and recording"

I use Zoom almost every single day. I interview people for my Real Life Resilience podcast, for my recent Emotional Abuse Recovery and Resilience Summit, and for ad hoc meetings with people to discuss future ventures. I keep my personal meeting room link on my desktop so I can easily send it through slack, FB Messenger, email, or anywhere else I'm having a virtual conversation and want to connect more. I use it to record my podcast too. I've found it the most reliable way of recording than Skype with Pamela, Zencastr, and other recording methods. Most of my meetings and recordings are on video, so it captures video too and puts it in a nice format (no matter what your desktop looks like). I particularly like the fact that it records each person's audio separately, so if I need to edit the tracks differently, I'm easily able to do that. I choose where to save each project in my folder system, and nothing is lost, even when the other person hangs up. Another thing I love is that my guests only have to click the link to hop on. It's not complicated for them to do.
  • Simple to use - This is one of the easiest solutions to communication of all the options I've tried.
  • Capture video and audio separately - I like to edit my audio and then match it up with my video. I can do that with each speaker separately so if a noise happens on one audio, I can mute it.
  • Reliable - I have never had a dropped video recording (except if my guest has bad internet).
  • I would love it if when one speaker speaks, the other speaker volume isn't "dimmed". Sometimes we talk over each other and my guest volume goes down. Sometimes it's just a noise on my part. That makes it hard to get good audio during those times from my guest.
Zoom is well-suited for recording interviews for podcasts or vlogs. I even video myself for training here. It may be less appropriate for someone who wants very professional training videos.
I do use my own Zoom Room. It is easy to give out the link and have people easily click.
Read Stacy Brookman's full review
Prasanna Nattuthurai profile photo
November 27, 2018

User Review: "Why Zoom and how I used it?"

I used it in my Master's program. We use Zoom as a part of our hybrid class lectures. I personally use Zoom for taking lectures in my Youtube channel.
  • Share screen and remote control.
  • Group Conference within meeting groups.
  • Audio quality.
  • Ability to stop recording sessions by Admin.
For classroom environments and for business meetings, I prefer Zoom over Skype. For personal calls, I still use Skype due to its subscriptions and VOIP features.
Its pleasant for a classroom environment and I did a whole semester online without any problems.
Read Prasanna Nattuthurai's full review
Bridgette Reynolds profile photo
August 01, 2018

"Zoom Review"

We use Zoom to communicate with our clients and walk them through our platform. It is being used across our department and our sister company as well. We are able to solve a LOT of problems with Zoom as we are a software company so seeing things visually is important.
  • The waiting room - great feature
  • Breakout rooms - such a great idea. I haven't used it yet, but I do have plans to
  • Webinar features
  • Being able to toggle back and forth between personal and business account (maybe you can do this, but I'm not sure how!)
  • Incorporating Zoom into our platform so our clients can use it directly there with their students they work with
It's been a wonderful tool that I've started to use at this company. I'm really happy we discovered it.
I have tested Zoom Rooms and will be using them this week for the first time. I hope it goes as good as we tested!
Read Bridgette Reynolds's full review
Shalindra Singh profile photo
July 18, 2018

Zoom Review: "Excellent UX and Best Priced Meeting Collaboration"

Zoom is being used by the whole organization. This is used to collaborate and for audio and video conference, share and record the content.
  • Audio and video conference are excellent
  • The mobile app is great
  • It is lightweight and you can have lots of automation like the auto dial into particular number etc.
  • You can personalize the URL which is easy to remember also.
  • Sharing the screen during the meeting is easy and works well.
  • Zoom consumes lots of power/battery while running either on laptop or mobile.
  • Zoom requires some work to be effective with televisions during a video conference.
  • Sharing of content among Zoom participants should be possible and personalized.
Zoom is good for all sizes of a company. Zoom licensing is good with volume hence if you are 500+ people company Zoom makes lots of sense.
We just start using Zoom Rooms but it is not as user-friendly as the Zoom app for audio and screen sharing. We needed IT to help to get this started. Hoping this gets easier in coming days.
Read Shalindra Singh's full review
Emily Muhoberac profile photo
July 14, 2018

Zoom Review: "Best Video Conferencing Platform on the Market"

We use the paid version of Zoom specifically for our tech department, that must do frequent video conferencing with our remote team members & freelancers. The rest of our organization uses the free version of Zoom (the only difference is that the free version only accommodates video conferencing that's < 45 minutes).

We've found Zoom to be the most reliable video conferencing platform, saving us time and frustration.
  • Reliability -- We very rarely have technical support issues with our Zoom conferences, which ensures all our meetings are as efficient as possible. This is by far the most important reason we use Zoom.
  • Scalability -- You can have up to 500 people on a call (which we will probably never have). That said, because of its scalability, we rarely have to think about whether we can or cannot use Zoom for our current meeting structure.
  • Pricing Model -- By offering a free platform, we are able to provide Zoom access to all our teams, while only upgrading to Pro for the teams that need specific feature-sets.
  • The only thing I dislike about Zoom is when joining a conference, I'm never sure whether it's going to launch the camera or not. Sometimes we use Zoom for just audio, and having your face appear on camera when you weren't anticipating isn't great (especially when you didn't dress up for the meeting)
Zoom is well-suited for companies of all sizes that have video conferencing needs -- whether they are talking with clients, or a remote workforce, Zoom can scale with them.

The only time I can imagine where Zoom would be inappropriate for a business is if 1.) They don't have video conferencing needs or 2.) Their clients use another platform.
I do not use Zoom Rooms currently.
Read Emily Muhoberac's full review
Matthew Cordova profile photo
July 14, 2018

User Review: "Be a training aficionado with ZOOM"

It was in a previous role, but it was used for trainings and demos
  • Oh wow- easy to use and navigate
  • Interface was snappy- just a polished and professional looking product
  • It was not resource intensive. In comparison - It just seemed like GoToMeeting or BlueJeans were really laggy
  • I felt like it was too pricey compared to other enterprise options
  • Recording feature leaves much to be desired
Zoom is great for demos- like sales demos, but if you are having a webinar with a lot of people, GoToWebinar would be better for that. I mean if you are going to pay that much for zoom
Not currently
Read Matthew Cordova's full review
Dustin Hovey profile photo
July 14, 2018

Zoom Review: "The High Quality Video Conferencing Solution"

We use Zoom across our organization as a video conferencing solution between our multiple offices and with our various business partners and vendors. Zoom enables users to share their screen, view multiple participants (sometimes), and it is integrated into our conference rooms, it is utilized on laptops and mobile devices.
  • Works on just about every device: Mobile phones, computers, and conference rooms.
  • High-quality video: the Zoom video conference equipment is class-leading, and there always seems to be a high-quality stream to every device.
  • The Chrome extension: The Zoom Chrome extension enables users to effortlessly add a Zoom meeting from within the Google Calendar.
  • It would be helpful if there was an option to view all/most meeting participants on the screen at one time, this seems to be an issue when there are more then 3 participants.
  • When someone wants to share their screen it can be overly complicated - there should be an icon available in the corner to do it in one easy step.
  • Some of our vendors have a hard time getting Zoom work using the online meeting invite links.
Zoom is great for a company that needs to collaboration with remote employees or across multiple offices. For a business that uses the Google suite of business apps, it can be very efficient since the Zoom Chrome extension makes scheduling meetings a breeze.
Read Dustin Hovey's full review
Litzi Saraí Gordils Ortuño profile photo
July 02, 2018

Review: "Zoom will leverage your business communication platform!"

We use Zoom to schedule and attend meetings with providers, clients, and operational units within the field to get the first sight of a requirement or just to present an ongoing situation. Zoom allows us to scale up and address issues with end users and connect with strategic partners to do live resolution or collaboration of disruptions in operational duties.
  • The Video Conference options are quite remarkable since you can do multi site live video conference and that saves a lot of time and effort.
  • The Web Conference is just amazing for allowing you to share docs, presentations or to just share your desktop.
  • The security stands out and is so far reliable allowing you to get the required privacy to establish a secure communication line.
  • Zoom for sure can get more intuitive with an explicit menu for web Zoom meeting rooms.
  • The Record feature can get also an improvement since I'd like to have the option to add a note during the time lapse of the recording, that will make the process of doing a minute after a meeting of a video conference call easier.
  • Sharing background audio is way too far complex for a basic user, I'd like to see those features in a menu that can teach you how to use them.
If you're looking to have an well supported platform that can drive you into the the collaborative environment of meetings, video conferencing, live chats and web based meeting rooms Zoom can take you there with ease, you just have to add to your business the right attention to invest time and practice to get to know better all the features that Zoom has to offers you can start with the free version and scale up according to your business needs.
Yes I use Zoom Rooms to set up intern weekly report meetings, using rooms allows us to share our internal collaboration to the headboard and set goals to achieve and send the agreements between departments. Zoom Rooms will give you the chance to overview the management progress share it among your colleagues and giving them a wide perspective of business effective communication.
Read Litzi Saraí Gordils Ortuño's full review
Jennifer Steffens profile photo
June 27, 2018

User Review: "Zoom! or Zoom?"

Zoom has been utilized at our business across all the departments in our organization. It has been extremely useful in the middle to upper management echelons as we have used it mainly for webinars and other group "meetings" where our members are not all in the same location at once.
  • Zoom allows for the easy sharing of screens from one person to another - this is helpful if members are scattered in different places and you don't want to share documents, but you do want to see what others are doing.
  • Zoom is easy to download and start running if the person on the other end does not have it. The application is extremely user-friendly and super simple for most people to download and use.
  • Unlike other webinar features, this doesn't seem to have a text/messaging app built into it. I think that this would be a helpful piece that Zoom could have built in.
  • The camera/video feature for facetime-like interaction is not the easiest to turn on and off. It is nice, but hard to use.
Zoom is a nice web conferencing system and would be well suited for a webinar-type scenario or for a group of people who are interacting with one another and needing to share specific documents, images, or desktops that cannot be shared via filesharing systems. I don't believe it is appropriate for a scenario that would be more dialogue heavy or interactive among groups as there is not currently a way to easily distinguish between who is talking and when.
We currently do not use Zoom Rooms
Read Jennifer Steffens's full review
Michael Ball-Marian profile photo
June 27, 2018

Review: "Zoom - a new leader in the teleconference space!"

We use it within the Accelerator (a collection of startup products). We use it as an alternative to WebEx and other conferencing tools when we can. It solves our need for dependable voice, video and screen sharing during remote calls.
  • Excellent call quality
  • Excellent video quality
  • Good plugins/extensions for things like a calendar.
  • Nothing really! They've got it covered and do it well. They integrate with all manner of voice systems, including SIP.
It works particularly well for any calls with fewer than 20 people. I have used it on that scale and rarely run into problems of any kind. It might have issues above that number, but I can't say.
Not typically.
Read Michael Ball-Marian's full review
Lilia Borisova profile photo
June 27, 2018

Zoom Review: "Great quality for good price"

Zoom has been used by our organization for more than 2 years. We use it across the whole organization as a tool for both internal and external communication. Zoom allows us to have a good quality video and audio calls with our colleagues, existing and potential clients and partners from all over the world.
  • Very good quality conference calls
  • Nice pricing comparing to what other providers offer
  • Awesome customer support, never had an issue with them
  • User Interface not very friendly, needed some time to find everything
  • A few times at the beginning of scheduled calls, the video turned on without even asking me, which was very uncomfortable. I fixed this issue in settings
  • Needs more advertisement so more of my clients and partners will use it
I think Zoom is well suited in any scenario when you need a tool to have internet calls with anyone be it a member of your family or your professional contact. Regarding the size of organization, I think Zoom is well suited for any size of organizations: small companies, medium companies, as well as enterprises.
I like the idea of Zoom Rooms a lot, but it is more for medium and big companies. We are a startup company with not a big team. I do not see the need to use Zoom Rooms yet. In the future, we will most likely consider Zoom Rooms.
Read Lilia Borisova's full review
Ashia Ackov profile photo
October 16, 2018

Review: "Give Zoom a Try for Collaboration Needs."

We currently use Zoom to collaborate in our group while putting together articles. I haven't been using it very long but from what I can say so far, it really helps us share ideas clearly without the issues of dropped connections or lack of space if we need to include other to our party.
  • Screen Sharing Accessibility.
  • The fact that it is Cloud based.
  • This is also a great tool to use for training a large group. We have done this and it works well in that aspect.
  • The sound is a bit sketchy.
  • We are using a free version and our time is up in 40 mins. I think it should be a good round hour instead.
Zoom is helpful for all your Collaboration needs. Especially if you want to share a large web presentation with a larger group, this tool is perfect.
With the Free Version, I am able to access breakout rooms. It can be helpful when dividing the meeting into department sections.
Read Ashia Ackov's full review
Kenny Mai profile photo
October 16, 2018

User Review: "Zoom Innovations"

We recently deployed Zoom globally. We've successfully deployed to Japan, Europe, Asia, North America, Brazil.
We currently use it throughout all departments
  • Content Sharing
  • Amazing Admin Portals
  • Live data capturing
  • Registration to iPads/Androids to multiple rooms with a single activation code
  • Webinar with more than 1 spotlight feature
  • Recording in side by side view instead of picture in picture
Really easy to use.
You don't need to buy the most expensive software.
We currently use a couple of Zoom Rooms, but are in a migration to changing to a lot more. I love the upgrading and managing all the Zoom Rooms on the admin portal
Read Kenny Mai's full review
Jose Raul Faria profile photo
October 16, 2018

Zoom Review: "An effective communication is made in real time and with agreements that show scope without interruption."

We currently use this application to address group communication needs at a distance. In our case, we are a construction company and we must have constant meetings for management and results; this tool is necessary to make our communication less impersonal and allow us to reach face-to-face agreements in real time. It is worth highlighting that the entire organization is using this application as an effective and direct method of communication.
  • Communication is effective
  • The cost is not too high. Not as expensive as other applications.
  • The real time and the friendliness of the application makes it simple and comfortable for all employees who use it.
  • Not much needs improvement, but Zoom should have a private chat, like other similar software. Woudl be a good way to maintain the history of the meeting or interview.
  • Include users according to the purchase or package purchased.
The ideal scenario is when you want to have a meeting with a group of people, in real time, without communication failures.
I use it sometimes, because I frequently conference to meet group and remote needs in real time. I think there are many features suitable for my business and I will continue to exploit them to give more scope to my investment in this application.

On the other hand the level of satisfaction, both for me personally and at the level of the organization, is high, since the real-time efficiency is valuable.

Read Jose Raul Faria's full review

High quality audio (210)
High quality video (211)
Low bandwidth requirements (179)
Desktop sharing (206)
Whiteboards (121)
Calendar integration (176)
Meeting initiation (201)
Integrates with social media (71)
Record meetings / events (192)
Slideshows (125)
Live chat (179)
Audience polling (89)
Q&A (106)
User authentication (125)
Participant roles & permissions (149)
Confidential attendee list (96)

About Zoom

Zoom is an online meeting and video conferencing platform.