Zoom is an online meeting and video conferencing platform.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/X0/J2/JJQC92U6VWBP.PNGSharing your screen, not your painZoom is being used by our business every single day. We use Zoom for group meetings since some of us work remotely. Zoom is also used when we introduce our application in demos to potential buyers. I personally use Zoom to help support clients on our app when they need simple guidance or if we need to walk through a complicated task or issue that's easier to view and communicate while looking at the issue together compared to sending back and forth emails which can take up valuable time.,Zoom has a really nice user interface that I find simple to use. The connection to Zoom has been very stable in my experience. Zoom works really well on both Mac and PC. I've also heard it runs pretty well on Linux (I do not have any experience with the Linux version).,I may not be seeing it in the app, but I would love if Zoom was able to provide details about what kind of device someone is using when I try to support them. Examples include what version of a browser someone is using, what OS they're running - anything that prevents me from having to ask the same questions over and over again.,10,It's allowed a more personal touch and correspondence with clients. Putting a face behind a phone call or an email. Using screenshare helps clear up the communication so both parties are getting the right data so we can either supply what the client is looking for or assist with what's not working for them.,I have not used Zoom Rooms, so I can't place a fair comment on this.,GoToMeeting, Join.me, Google Hangouts and Skype,Freshdesk, Chargify, SendGrid Marketing Email, WordPress, Weebly, Acuity Scheduling,No,10,No,I cannot describe a time that Zoom provided me or my team with exceptional support for this product. But just because I haven't had a story doesn't mean that their exceptional support isn't there!Zoom is amazing - no other call platform compares!Zoom is used as our primary means of doing audio/video calls. The entire company uses Zoom as well as our customers. I first used Zoom here doing my interview process. Zoom addresses the problem of reducing the friction associated with setting up audio/video call software. Zoom does an amazing job here - the footprint of the software is minimal.,Zoom is extremely easy to set up. It only took about 3s from downloading to installing. Zoom is extremely small. The download was tiny, less than 10MB in size! The call quality with a reasonable internet connection is extremely good. I've rarely had issues with call quality.,Zoom could do a better job with moving some of the calls to action buttons in easier to see areas. Every now and then folks can't initially find where to click to share their screen. I'd like to the ability to paste images into the chat. It would be nice if the chat transcript could be downloaded for the host. I haven't seen this offered.,10,No matter what, Zoom is amazing for collaboration. Zoom's Slack integration makes Zoom calls nearly immediate to generate! The ability to save recordings is very simple and easy to share with colleagues who couldn't attend calls.,We do not use Zoom Rooms. At least I have not used Zoom Rooms.,WebEx Meetings, Skype, Skype for Business, GoToMeeting and FreeConferenceCall.comZoom is Your Remote Consulting FriendI use Zoom in my solo marketing practice to work with clients remotely, which saves a ton of time for both of us — rather than meeting in person. It's a great way to demo software, explain Google Analytics results, walk through a design, etc. I also plan to use it to run webinars for promotional purposes.,It takes under a minute to set up a link to email to clients. That's great, especially when you're in the middle of a call and need clients to jump on the computer with you. I'm not particularly fond of being on camera, so it's easy to use Zoom without it. The free version is pretty robust, but at $15/mo, upgrading isn't a big issue. It's a significant part of my marketing stack, and I recommend it all the time.,This is a rare thing to say, because I'm always evaluating low-cost marketing software, but I haven't found any problems yet. Could be because I haven't moved beyond the Web conferencing features.,10,Definitely saves a ton of time. Clients love seeing what I'm talking about, rather than me explaining something they can't see or that they find difficult to follow along with on their screens. Sharing is caring!,Haven't tried them out yet.,GoToMeeting,Airtable, Insightly, Buffer, Google Analytics, MailChimpZoom is not only the best but it also does not break the bankWe record and share conference calls using video and video conferencing. We are able to easily schedule calls with our candidates (for employment) and are not limited by the number of invitations or the length of the meeting. In addition, the recordings are easy to make and save and can be viewed from their site (or another cloud provider we upload to).,Video Calling. Recordings are easy and quality is great. The recording of video and audio separately (and together) is automatic and very useful. We like the waiting room feature The product is free,We use the paid account. Having a one hour meeting in the free account would be helpful for some but for us, it is affordable at the cost per month. The storage of the recording could be done real time instead of at the end of the meeting. This delays us leaving the meeting because we have to wait for the recording to finish.,9,Zoom has made for a reasonably priced solution we can use as a non-profit. Zoom seems to be universally accepted and easy to use so far with everyone we have invited to conferences. Menus are simple to use and testing of video and audio is also very easy.,No,Skype and ConnectWise Control (formerly ScreenConnect),Skype for Business, ConnectWise Control (formerly ScreenConnect), WebEx MeetingsZoom - best group call softwareWe use Zoom for group calls, screen sharing, presentations, webinars. international calls, training and more. Zoom works great on any platform. It's a better alternative to Skype, Facebook video calls, Google Hangouts and Apple Facetime. I can record all the calls to the cloud for future replays. I use Zoom almost daily.,Record sessions You can record your calls on your computer or in the cloud. You can have multiple people talking on a call.,It would be nice to have "profiles". Both my wife and I use our Zoom account. It would be great to be able to click a button and switch between our display names. Chromecast support would be nice to be able to have the screen and audio casted to a TV using Chromecast. Make it cheaper.,10,The cost of Zoom at the level that I use it is affordable. I've been able to have seamless meetings with attendendants all over the world at the same time. It's cheaper than GoTo Meeting,n/a,GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar and Google Hangouts,Dropbox Business, PayPal Here, MailChimp
Windows, Linux, Mac
Zoom
Filter 467 vetted Zoom reviews and ratings
June 15, 2018

Zoom Review: "Sharing your screen, not your pain"

• Zoom has a really nice user interface that I find simple to use.
  • The connection to Zoom has been very stable in my experience.
  • Zoom works really well on both Mac and PC. I've also heard it runs pretty well on Linux (I do not have any experience with the Linux version).
  • I may not be seeing it in the app, but I would love if Zoom was able to provide details about what kind of device someone is using when I try to support them. Examples include what version of a browser someone is using, what OS they're running - anything that prevents me from having to ask the same questions over and over again.
Zoom is well suited for presentations, technical support, demoing your product, or simply putting a face and meeting one on one with someone you may have gone back and forth with multiple emails or phone calls and building a stronger relationship with your clients. I know I get compliments about going "the extra mile" of jumping on a screen share compared to sending an email sometimes with a link that tells someone to read an article to solve a problem.
I have not used Zoom Rooms, so I can't place a fair comment on this.
Read Eric Weiss's full review
June 14, 2018

Review: "Zoom is amazing - no other call platform compares!"

• Zoom is extremely easy to set up. It only took about 3s from downloading to installing.
  • Zoom is extremely small. The download was tiny, less than 10MB in size!
  • The call quality with a reasonable internet connection is extremely good. I've rarely had issues with call quality.
  • Zoom could do a better job with moving some of the calls to action buttons in easier to see areas. Every now and then folks can't initially find where to click to share their screen.
  • I'd like to the ability to paste images into the chat.
  • It would be nice if the chat transcript could be downloaded for the host. I haven't seen this offered.
Zoom is well suited anywhere you have people in various locations - whether they are employees, contractors, customers, or prospective customers. Zoom is not well suited where internet connectivity issues exist. If there is questionable service, call quality degrades and it's advisable to disable the video portion of the call. It would be nice to have something in the UI suggest that a user disable video if their connection is unstable - perhaps?
We do not use Zoom Rooms. At least I have not used Zoom Rooms.
Read Peter Filias's full review
June 14, 2018

User Review: "Zoom is Your Remote Consulting Friend"

• It takes under a minute to set up a link to email to clients. That's great, especially when you're in the middle of a call and need clients to jump on the computer with you.
  • I'm not particularly fond of being on camera, so it's easy to use Zoom without it.
  • The free version is pretty robust, but at $15/mo, upgrading isn't a big issue.
  • It's a significant part of my marketing stack, and I recommend it all the time.
  • This is a rare thing to say, because I'm always evaluating low-cost marketing software, but I haven't found any problems yet. Could be because I haven't moved beyond the Web conferencing features.
As I said, it's perfect for working one-on-one with clients to demo software, go over a plan, share a screen remotely to do just about anything. That saves so much time. And you can do all that with the free version. I'm looking forward to trying it out for webinars. I've sat through a few of Zoom's webinars that explain how to set it up, and they've been very helpful.

It's worked well for me for what I need so far, so not sure where it may be less appropriate.
Haven't tried them out yet.
Read Robbin Block's full review
September 18, 2018

Review: "Zoom is not only the best but it also does not break the bank"

• Video Calling.
  • Recordings are easy and quality is great. The recording of video and audio separately (and together) is automatic and very useful.
  • We like the waiting room feature
  • The product is free
  • We use the paid account. Having a one hour meeting in the free account would be helpful for some but for us, it is affordable at the cost per month.
  • The storage of the recording could be done real time instead of at the end of the meeting. This delays us leaving the meeting because we have to wait for the recording to finish.
It just works better than other products.It is suited for all calls we make. We do not use it for desktop sharing as much as another product we like better.
Read Gary Hirschfeld's full review
April 19, 2018

User Review: "Zoom - best group call software"

• Record sessions
  • You can record your calls on your computer or in the cloud.
  • You can have multiple people talking on a call.
  • It would be nice to have "profiles". Both my wife and I use our Zoom account. It would be great to be able to click a button and switch between our display names.
  • Chromecast support would be nice to be able to have the screen and audio casted to a TV using Chromecast.
  • Make it cheaper.
It's very well suited for group calls. I run a mastermind group of 10 guys. We meet regularly and all of us connect from all over the world. It's great that can all see each other's faces like we are in the same room. Zoom may be less appropriate for people wanting to do a webinar with the conversation only being one-sided.
Read Andy Ryan's full review
August 10, 2018

Review: "Zoom is the best option for virtual meeting and recording"

I use Zoom almost every single day. I interview people for my Real Life Resilience podcast, for my recent Emotional Abuse Recovery and Resilience Summit, and for ad hoc meetings with people to discuss future ventures. I keep my personal meeting room link on my desktop so I can easily send it through slack, FB Messenger, email, or anywhere else I'm having a virtual conversation and want to connect more. I use it to record my podcast too. I've found it the most reliable way of recording than Skype with Pamela, Zencastr, and other recording methods. Most of my meetings and recordings are on video, so it captures video too and puts it in a nice format (no matter what your desktop looks like). I particularly like the fact that it records each person's audio separately, so if I need to edit the tracks differently, I'm easily able to do that. I choose where to save each project in my folder system, and nothing is lost, even when the other person hangs up. Another thing I love is that my guests only have to click the link to hop on. It's not complicated for them to do.
  • Simple to use - This is one of the easiest solutions to communication of all the options I've tried.
  • Capture video and audio separately - I like to edit my audio and then match it up with my video. I can do that with each speaker separately so if a noise happens on one audio, I can mute it.
  • Reliable - I have never had a dropped video recording (except if my guest has bad internet).
  • I would love it if when one speaker speaks, the other speaker volume isn't "dimmed". Sometimes we talk over each other and my guest volume goes down. Sometimes it's just a noise on my part. That makes it hard to get good audio during those times from my guest.
Zoom is well-suited for recording interviews for podcasts or vlogs. I even video myself for training here. It may be less appropriate for someone who wants very professional training videos.
I do use my own Zoom Room. It is easy to give out the link and have people easily click.
Read Stacy Brookman's full review
August 01, 2018

"Zoom Review"

We use Zoom to communicate with our clients and walk them through our platform. It is being used across our department and our sister company as well. We are able to solve a LOT of problems with Zoom as we are a software company so seeing things visually is important.
  • The waiting room - great feature
  • Breakout rooms - such a great idea. I haven't used it yet, but I do have plans to
  • Webinar features
  • Being able to toggle back and forth between personal and business account (maybe you can do this, but I'm not sure how!)
  • Incorporating Zoom into our platform so our clients can use it directly there with their students they work with
It's been a wonderful tool that I've started to use at this company. I'm really happy we discovered it.
I have tested Zoom Rooms and will be using them this week for the first time. I hope it goes as good as we tested!
Read Bridgette Reynolds's full review
April 06, 2018

User Review: "In one word, Zoom is Reliable."

Our company has four locations across Canada and we need all to share information and have working meetings.
Zoom has become the preferred video conferencing service in all our departments. Sometimes one department has two or three meetings in a single week.
Even though the organization has a conference call system, we have more productive meetings when we can see each other on the screen. People tend to focus more and it is almost impossible to do other things during the meeting while the other members of the team are looking at you.
  • The most important strength we have identified with Zoom is its reliability. In 2016 our teams were using either Zoom or another well-known video conferencing service but little by little Zoom became the preferred option. It was almost natural selection, where the most reliable service survived. The audio and video have little or no problems, no lost connections, audio echoes, robot voice, frozen video, etc.
  • Zoom has one great advantage over its close competitor and it's the ease of use. The other service became too complicated as there were a lot of compatibility problems with their business and personal versions installed in the computers. Zoom works smoothly regardless of the version that every member of the meeting is running. You can run the browser version or the desktop app without any complications.
  • The meeting ID number is very helpful to organize meetings. Sometimes this feature is overlooked, but it is crucial to have perfectly clear what meeting you are attending. It's like having your own meeting room with the door closed, instead of having a conversation in the middle of the lunchroom in an open space.
  • Screen sharing in Zoom also runs smoothly. It is very convenient that you still have the small windows with the live video of the participants, while most of your display is showing the screen that is being shared.
  • Audio detection is a nice feature that promotes focus. Whenever one member of the meeting starts talking, the main window shows his/her video so you don't have to be guessing who is talking and saves you those fractions of a second where your brain is trying to match the audio with one of the many thumbnails showing the video of the participants. In conversations or discussions, this makes a big difference.
  • The interface is not that intuitive. Even for frequent users, it is common to go through some trial and error to do what you want to do, no matter what you did exactly the same last week. For example sharing your screen, muting your audio, etc.
  • Time management is not embedded in the interface, or at least it's not obvious. When running a limited time meeting it is annoying to get cut off all of a sudden because nobody noticed that the time was running out. It would be very helpful to have a warning clock during the last minutes of the conference.
  • Creating meeting IDs in advance is possible but is not that easy. You need to know your way in the application to find the way to schedule a meeting ID. I would like to see a simple button to do it easily.
Zoom is well suited for open meetings where multiple members need to interact. It is also a very good solution when there is a need to visually see the screen of another person, many times it is impossible to explain how a certain software or an Excel file work and with video conference and screen sharing this problem is solved.
Zoom might not be the best option for confidential meetings as most of the times the audio will come out of the computer speakers. This can be addressed with the use of headsets but then the video looks weird.
Zoom might also be less appropriate when audio clarity is extremely important, like speech analysis or transcriptions. This is not Zoom's fault because the audio clarity relies on the microphone used on each computer, and most of the times the microphones are very basic and the audio quality is not the best.
For the moment we don't use Zoom Rooms in our organization.
Read Julián González's full review
April 03, 2018

Review: "Zoom - the answer to all the other video solutions"

Zoom is used by our sales, marketing, customer success, and product teams. Obviously for sales calls, demos, and internal conferencing some solution is needed within any org, and Zoom is the best product we've tried in its category. Simple to use, very reliable, doesn't cut out or buffer, and no one has issues using the product on the receiving end of an invite. All complaints are minor usability issues and not core product problems.
  • Video calling - No buffering, automatic adjustment, and very rarely does anyone have to say "can you hear me now?"
  • Audio calling - Perfect and recorded for future review
  • Conference calls - Easy to bring in 10+ parties without any loss in quality
  • Screen sharing - Easy to use, get to choose what window or monitor to share
  • Scheduling - Easy to schedule an event and export to calendar then invite guests
  • User experience in scheduling - Every time I go to export to a Google calendar, it makes me re-auth my account then opens the wrong calendar as I'm logged into multiple Google accounts.
  • Recording editing - Could use some more robust tools for editing a recorded video/audio before export.
  • Air time recording - Does not automatically cut out muted segments with only one participant in recordings.
Very good for sales, marketing, and onboarding/training calls with screen shares where you need reliability and ease of use and to keep a recording of the session. Less suited for product demos which will be disseminated by email, it is not a hosting/editing tool.
Do not use.
Read Matthew Gardner's full review
July 18, 2018

Zoom Review: "Excellent UX and Best Priced Meeting Collaboration"

Zoom is being used by the whole organization. This is used to collaborate and for audio and video conference, share and record the content.
  • Audio and video conference are excellent
  • The mobile app is great
  • It is lightweight and you can have lots of automation like the auto dial into particular number etc.
  • You can personalize the URL which is easy to remember also.
  • Sharing the screen during the meeting is easy and works well.
  • Zoom consumes lots of power/battery while running either on laptop or mobile.
  • Zoom requires some work to be effective with televisions during a video conference.
  • Sharing of content among Zoom participants should be possible and personalized.
Zoom is good for all sizes of a company. Zoom licensing is good with volume hence if you are 500+ people company Zoom makes lots of sense.
We just start using Zoom Rooms but it is not as user-friendly as the Zoom app for audio and screen sharing. We needed IT to help to get this started. Hoping this gets easier in coming days.
Read Shalindra Singh's full review
July 14, 2018

Zoom Review: "Best Video Conferencing Platform on the Market"

We use the paid version of Zoom specifically for our tech department, that must do frequent video conferencing with our remote team members & freelancers. The rest of our organization uses the free version of Zoom (the only difference is that the free version only accommodates video conferencing that's < 45 minutes).

We've found Zoom to be the most reliable video conferencing platform, saving us time and frustration.
  • Reliability -- We very rarely have technical support issues with our Zoom conferences, which ensures all our meetings are as efficient as possible. This is by far the most important reason we use Zoom.
  • Scalability -- You can have up to 500 people on a call (which we will probably never have). That said, because of its scalability, we rarely have to think about whether we can or cannot use Zoom for our current meeting structure.
  • Pricing Model -- By offering a free platform, we are able to provide Zoom access to all our teams, while only upgrading to Pro for the teams that need specific feature-sets.
  • The only thing I dislike about Zoom is when joining a conference, I'm never sure whether it's going to launch the camera or not. Sometimes we use Zoom for just audio, and having your face appear on camera when you weren't anticipating isn't great (especially when you didn't dress up for the meeting)
Zoom is well-suited for companies of all sizes that have video conferencing needs -- whether they are talking with clients, or a remote workforce, Zoom can scale with them.

The only time I can imagine where Zoom would be inappropriate for a business is if 1.) They don't have video conferencing needs or 2.) Their clients use another platform.
I do not use Zoom Rooms currently.
Read Emily Muhoberac's full review
July 14, 2018

User Review: "Be a training aficionado with ZOOM"

It was in a previous role, but it was used for trainings and demos
  • Oh wow- easy to use and navigate
  • Interface was snappy- just a polished and professional looking product
  • It was not resource intensive. In comparison - It just seemed like GoToMeeting or BlueJeans were really laggy
  • I felt like it was too pricey compared to other enterprise options
  • Recording feature leaves much to be desired
Zoom is great for demos- like sales demos, but if you are having a webinar with a lot of people, GoToWebinar would be better for that. I mean if you are going to pay that much for zoom
Not currently
Read Matthew Cordova's full review
July 14, 2018

Zoom Review: "The High Quality Video Conferencing Solution"

We use Zoom across our organization as a video conferencing solution between our multiple offices and with our various business partners and vendors. Zoom enables users to share their screen, view multiple participants (sometimes), and it is integrated into our conference rooms, it is utilized on laptops and mobile devices.
  • Works on just about every device: Mobile phones, computers, and conference rooms.
  • High-quality video: the Zoom video conference equipment is class-leading, and there always seems to be a high-quality stream to every device.
  • The Chrome extension: The Zoom Chrome extension enables users to effortlessly add a Zoom meeting from within the Google Calendar.
  • It would be helpful if there was an option to view all/most meeting participants on the screen at one time, this seems to be an issue when there are more then 3 participants.
  • When someone wants to share their screen it can be overly complicated - there should be an icon available in the corner to do it in one easy step.
  • Some of our vendors have a hard time getting Zoom work using the online meeting invite links.
Zoom is great for a company that needs to collaboration with remote employees or across multiple offices. For a business that uses the Google suite of business apps, it can be very efficient since the Zoom Chrome extension makes scheduling meetings a breeze.
Read Dustin Hovey's full review
July 02, 2018

Review: "Zoom will leverage your business communication platform!"

We use Zoom to schedule and attend meetings with providers, clients, and operational units within the field to get the first sight of a requirement or just to present an ongoing situation. Zoom allows us to scale up and address issues with end users and connect with strategic partners to do live resolution or collaboration of disruptions in operational duties.
  • The Video Conference options are quite remarkable since you can do multi site live video conference and that saves a lot of time and effort.
  • The Web Conference is just amazing for allowing you to share docs, presentations or to just share your desktop.
  • The security stands out and is so far reliable allowing you to get the required privacy to establish a secure communication line.
  • Zoom for sure can get more intuitive with an explicit menu for web Zoom meeting rooms.
  • The Record feature can get also an improvement since I'd like to have the option to add a note during the time lapse of the recording, that will make the process of doing a minute after a meeting of a video conference call easier.
  • Sharing background audio is way too far complex for a basic user, I'd like to see those features in a menu that can teach you how to use them.
If you're looking to have an well supported platform that can drive you into the the collaborative environment of meetings, video conferencing, live chats and web based meeting rooms Zoom can take you there with ease, you just have to add to your business the right attention to invest time and practice to get to know better all the features that Zoom has to offers you can start with the free version and scale up according to your business needs.
Yes I use Zoom Rooms to set up intern weekly report meetings, using rooms allows us to share our internal collaboration to the headboard and set goals to achieve and send the agreements between departments. Zoom Rooms will give you the chance to overview the management progress share it among your colleagues and giving them a wide perspective of business effective communication.
Read Litzi Saraí Gordils Ortuño's full review
June 27, 2018

User Review: "Zoom! or Zoom?"

Zoom has been utilized at our business across all the departments in our organization. It has been extremely useful in the middle to upper management echelons as we have used it mainly for webinars and other group "meetings" where our members are not all in the same location at once.
  • Zoom allows for the easy sharing of screens from one person to another - this is helpful if members are scattered in different places and you don't want to share documents, but you do want to see what others are doing.
  • Zoom is easy to download and start running if the person on the other end does not have it. The application is extremely user-friendly and super simple for most people to download and use.
  • Unlike other webinar features, this doesn't seem to have a text/messaging app built into it. I think that this would be a helpful piece that Zoom could have built in.
  • The camera/video feature for facetime-like interaction is not the easiest to turn on and off. It is nice, but hard to use.
Zoom is a nice web conferencing system and would be well suited for a webinar-type scenario or for a group of people who are interacting with one another and needing to share specific documents, images, or desktops that cannot be shared via filesharing systems. I don't believe it is appropriate for a scenario that would be more dialogue heavy or interactive among groups as there is not currently a way to easily distinguish between who is talking and when.
We currently do not use Zoom Rooms
Read Jennifer Steffens's full review
June 27, 2018

Review: "Zoom - a new leader in the teleconference space!"

We use it within the Accelerator (a collection of startup products). We use it as an alternative to WebEx and other conferencing tools when we can. It solves our need for dependable voice, video and screen sharing during remote calls.
  • Excellent call quality
  • Excellent video quality
  • Good plugins/extensions for things like a calendar.
  • Nothing really! They've got it covered and do it well. They integrate with all manner of voice systems, including SIP.
It works particularly well for any calls with fewer than 20 people. I have used it on that scale and rarely run into problems of any kind. It might have issues above that number, but I can't say.
Not typically.
Read Michael Ball-Marian's full review
June 27, 2018

Zoom Review: "Great quality for good price"

Zoom has been used by our organization for more than 2 years. We use it across the whole organization as a tool for both internal and external communication. Zoom allows us to have a good quality video and audio calls with our colleagues, existing and potential clients and partners from all over the world.
  • Very good quality conference calls
  • Nice pricing comparing to what other providers offer
  • Awesome customer support, never had an issue with them
  • User Interface not very friendly, needed some time to find everything
  • A few times at the beginning of scheduled calls, the video turned on without even asking me, which was very uncomfortable. I fixed this issue in settings
  • Needs more advertisement so more of my clients and partners will use it
I think Zoom is well suited in any scenario when you need a tool to have internet calls with anyone be it a member of your family or your professional contact. Regarding the size of organization, I think Zoom is well suited for any size of organizations: small companies, medium companies, as well as enterprises.
I like the idea of Zoom Rooms a lot, but it is more for medium and big companies. We are a startup company with not a big team. I do not see the need to use Zoom Rooms yet. In the future, we will most likely consider Zoom Rooms.
Read Lilia Borisova's full review
June 19, 2018

Review: "Zoom - A great way to include all in meetings."

It is being used throughout the entire organization for meetings. It has been used for users who cannot attend a large meeting or conference, but also for one-on-one meetings when two people cannot be at the same campus. This helps to cut down on travel times for many employees, as it's not always possible to be a several campuses to attend meetings in one day.
  • It's user-friendly, easy and intuitive to use if you're already pretty tech-familiar.
  • It comes up as it's own window, so you can be attending the meeting and at the same time bring up any documents you'd like to look at during the meeting, all on your computer.
  • It also has a chat feature, so if, for instance, the sound isn't working on someone's end, you can still communicate that to the other people in the meeting.
  • I think an alert somewhere that tells you if your speakers are not turned on would be helpful. You may have the sound on in your Zoom meeting, but if you're speakers are not on you may not realize why the sound isn't working.
Working at a community college, with multiple campuses, it's a great tool to connect those who cannot be in the same place at the same time. Especially for virtual campus members. Some professors do not even live in the same state, so it's a great way for them to "meet" their colleagues and feel more included.

Nothing can replace face-to-face communication, however, this is a great alternative when that just isn't possible.
Read Amanda Carpenter's full review
June 15, 2018

Zoom Review: "The best software for meeting that I have ever used"

We are a Consulting company that sells and give support to a number of solutions. We were having difficulties to use our old sharing screen/remote support software due to increases of use of bandwidth and we tried several solutions until we stumble with Zoom. We started out in a trial period and we really liked the potential that this toll showed to us. Easy to create sessions, with as many participants as we would want, the ability to use multiple screens for demos or coaching sessions having on one screen sharing information and in the other screen tips and much more. The audio and video quality is great and the bandwidth usage is minimal.
  • Audio and video Quality is amazing
  • Does not consume a lot of bandwidth
  • Sharing screen is one of the best out there. It shares whatever you want to share from your desktop to the app.
  • Remote support can be buggy sometimes.
  • Sometimes it takes a bit to connect to the sessions but it is more a network related issue.
  • 2 employees can't use the same account at the same time.
* Demos/Coaching sessions.
* Remote Support.
* Meetings.
No, we don't use Zoom rooms.
Read Miguel Nuñez's full review
September 19, 2018

User Review: "Zoom Helps with Client Relationships"

We really like how Zoom has enhanced our ability to work remotely. As a virtual agency, we use Zoom for internal meetings with staff around the world, as well as meetings with clients all around North America. It helps us gain trust with our clients without the expense of travel.
  • Much more stability than other solutions (we tried Skype, Facetime, etc.)
  • Lower cost than GoTo Meeting and other business solutions.
  • Great to have it "automatically" record our meetings so we can always go back and refer to the meetings.
  • Really like the ease of the Chrome extension to schedule meetings on the fly and in Google calendar.
  • Would like to see some ways to have more fluid users/login for our team.
  • Pricing is difficult to understand as you start getting into "add-ons."
Very good for business communication. Love it as well using the mobile app when you are not able to be in front of a screen.
No, have not used the Rooms function.
Read Bart Caylor's full review
May 22, 2018

Zoom Review: "Videoconferencing with Greatness"

Zoom is being used by the whole organization at this moment. The company currently has two paid accounts, one for sales other for support. Every individual including myself has a personal account tied to the paid ones (per invitation). Individual or personal account is used for short meetings with the customer. There is a 40 minutes limit for personal accounts. Sales account is used for longer meetings with customers, demo sessions or coaching. support account is used by the support team to provide services and remote support to our customers. they can connect to any virtual environment here zoom is accepted.
  • Ease of Use
  • Works great on iPhone
  • Screen Share at its best
  • Cloud and local recording of meetings
  • inApp features like chats, polls, taking control over connected participants
  • Webcam activation depending on invite settings can be annoying or invasive for some people
  • Connect via computer audio can have glitches and people needs to connect voice by phone
  • It can freeze sometimes
  • Take care on which screen you share if you have a multiple display set up
  • Can disconnect meetings for others where group-shared accounts user start another meeting not checking availability
Real great fit for companies with virtual conferencing needs, prospects meetings to show value and Look&Feel of apps, software solutions. Companies with support teams that provide support to existing customers while needing remote support. Meeting scheduling and virtual conferencing capabilities. Can not figure out where Zoom would not be suitable. Anyone can use it. Do you need to schedule a meeting across countries, companies and/or organizations? Zoom. remote support? Zoom. record on-screen meeting? Zoom and so it goes.
As expressed in previous questions. Zoom rooms have been great to organize and schedule meetings across the sales and support teams. From customer meetings, product demo, remote support, internal meetings, coaching, partner enablement we are very satisfied with the Zoom capabilities. Compared with previous solutions, the video and audio quality is impressive. We have used other conferencing solutions from partners, or webinars but the audio or video quality was poor.
Read Jose A Garcia's full review
September 07, 2018

Zoom Review: "Excellent Video Conference Tool"

The advantages of this program are that I can make video calls and seminars from my computer and mobile phone. It works with a fixed Internet connection or a Wi-Fi connection. It does not require cost. You can download the free app. In addition, it allows me to organize and record a meeting. With a videoconferencing plan, I can create annotations with my students at a distance. One of the strategies that I have included in planning my class is to use Zoom as a tool for online communication. Despite the fact that the platform is very new for the university, I already realize it as a use for strengthening information and communication technologies. This is a great tool for communication. It should be noted that he not only works for academic and professional purposes. We can also use it to connect with family and friends who are in other countries. This space is available for different languages, there is no need to worry.
  • I adore the capacity to (1) plan a Zoom meeting and have it naturally added to my timetable and welcome different participants.
  • (2) have screen share swap forward and backward between participants amid gatherings.
  • (3) right away begin a Zoom meeting with somebody.
  • (4) remotely get to another PC amid the gathering to take a shot at an undertaking/errand quickly.
  • I don't care for the amplifier/speaker criticism that occasionally happens amid a gathering with numerous participants. Be that as it may, the workaround of disengaging from PC sound and interfacing by means of telephone influences it to work without additionally issues. What's more, it may not be Zoom's issue that causes this issue, so I can't censure Zoom.
  • The issue for me is the sound, its transmission isn't surely known when you need to make a gathering. It doesn't sound clear. The other thing is that the quantity of members is restricted. On the off chance that you have to include more individuals, it has a cost.
  • What I loathe in this instrument is the talk , the visit is extremely old mold and plain, this sort of hardware can be more client friendly, like BBM or even Whatsapp.
I prescribe Zoom since it is a great server to share records, photos and recordings on your screen all the while from any place and on the off chance that you can not be face to face (physically) for any circumstance, enact the application to keep running online with sound and vision. Notwithstanding screen sharing. Simple to begin from a PC or portable device.
Read Oleg Galimov's full review
April 17, 2018

Review: "Zoom is a safe, cost friendly option for conference calls"

Right now, it is on a 1-to-1 basis that is used when you need a phone number and video chat to have a meeting for people who do not have a GoToMeeting license (which the company has bought). It is good, except for the constant stress of whether too many people may join a meeting and then you will not be able to use the zoom link. This has yet to happen, but is certainly a warning that you can see a lot with the free version.
  • Easy to use and integrate into meeting calendar invites
  • Good and screensharing
  • Good and easy group video conferencing.
  • It does not seem like it has as many plugins or integrations as GoToMeeting. That seems like it would be the biggest hesitation for migration, since GTM plugins into a variety of other business tools we use.
  • I do not like the complete screen takeover when someone shares a screen. It would be good to have some screen size and view options, similar to GoToMeetings UX.
Zoom is well suited for quickly generating a link and a meeting in Google Calendar for people to call in through phone or through a link. It is incredibly easy to use, especially the free version.

It could be better at communicating with the creator of the event if you have to reschedule, even offering available times for someone to reschedule a meeting. I would also like to see improved integrations with chilipiper and salesforce.
No - never heard of it.
Read Yoav B. Guttman's full review
April 05, 2018

Review: "Zoom: Effective and Convenient Tool for Video Conferences and Daily Communications"

Zoom allows us to make sure that we communicate internally as well as with our customer base on daily basis. It presents a variety of connection options for those who are invited from outside to connect and join the conversation. We present our SaaS product on Zoom, which can be achieved smoothly through the Screen Share option that zoom presents.
  • High quality video calls
  • Phone and mobile support for external users
  • Screen share and recording with ease
  • It could improve its UX, menus are hard to navigate
  • It could create direct integration with CRM tools and work as an extension
  • Team conference or team visibility options would be helpful
Zoom is suitable for having a product demonstration with customers, you can easily share a link and they would have multiple access methods on many different platforms, allowing you to share the screen and also send the recording to the customers. However for daily internal communications within the company Zoom may not be the first choice.
Yes, Zoom Rooms allows us to reach a person within the company without having a different access link every time. I use a personal Zoom Room to keep up with my recurrent meetings throughout the week. It's an effective way to reach constant users and makes it easy to keep a record of important events through recording.
Read Tolga Özgentürk's full review
April 03, 2018

Zoom Review: "The best of a fairly miserable bunch"

Across the whole organisation. We had a few solutions including Skype, Google Hangouts, and some conference lines.

We do a lot of conferences globally and the ability to dial in plus have browser access is very helpful. We know we can, but haven't yet, started recording calls and other handy things like that.
  • Phone and browser access
  • Ability to record calls
  • Easy scheduling
  • Struggles in low-internet environments
  • Update of the Zoom installer can make meetings late
  • Would be good to have better gcal integration
Zoom is great for booking conferences. I haven't (yet) found a country where it doesn't have a dial-in number which is *very* handy (though if anyone can find one, it'll be me, working in Pakistan, Bangladesh, Tajikistan, etc). The fact that they use normal numbers as well that people can call (As opposed to 0800/0845/1800/etc numbers which are expensive for mobiles) is extra handy.
We don't use them (yet)
Read Glen Mehn's full review

High quality audio (189)
High quality video (189)
Low bandwidth requirements (161)
Desktop sharing (185)
Whiteboards (106)
Calendar integration (158)
Meeting initiation (179)
Integrates with social media (61)
Record meetings / events (171)
Slideshows (109)
Live chat (159)
Audience polling (74)
Q&A (93)
User authentication (108)
Participant roles & permissions (131)
Confidential attendee list (87)

About Zoom

Zoom is an online meeting and video conferencing platform.