Zoom Reviews

Matthew Gardner | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 18, 2020

Zoom - the answer to all the other video solutions

Zoom is used by our sales, marketing, customer success, and product teams. Obviously for sales calls, demos, and internal conferencing some solution is needed within any org, and Zoom is the best product we've tried in its category. Simple to use, very reliable, doesn't cut out or buffer, and no one has issues using the product on the receiving end of an invite. All complaints are minor usability issues and not core product problems.
  • Video calling - No buffering, automatic adjustment, and very rarely does anyone have to say "can you hear me now?"
  • Audio calling - Perfect and recorded for future review
  • Conference calls - Easy to bring in 10+ parties without any loss in quality
  • Screen sharing - Easy to use, get to choose what window or monitor to share
  • Scheduling - Easy to schedule an event and export to calendar then invite guests
  • User experience in scheduling - Every time I go to export to a Google calendar, it makes me re-auth my account then opens the wrong calendar as I'm logged into multiple Google accounts.
  • Recording editing - Could use some more robust tools for editing a recorded video/audio before export.
  • Air time recording - Does not automatically cut out muted segments with only one participant in recordings.
Very good for sales, marketing, and onboarding/training calls with screen shares where you need reliability and ease of use and to keep a recording of the session. Less suited for product demos which will be disseminated by email, it is not a hosting/editing tool.
Do not use.
Read Matthew Gardner's full review
John Wilson | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 30, 2020

Essential tool for distant learning and meetings during the COVID-19 emergency situation

Zoom was previously used within our IT department on a small scale, however, now during this emergency situation of the coronavirus, now our institution policy is shifted to distance learning. Our students are now attending classes remotely from home and Zoom is widely used to deliver the best education for them.
  • Easy to use.
  • Ability to share slides and content.
  • High quality video and audio.
  • Some voice lags occur.
  • Mobile app is not good enough as the website platform.
Easy-to-use platform for online meetings and distance learning especially for higher education institutions. It allows our school to deliver the academic education to our students in this critical time. Zoom provides high quality audio and video compared to other software product. Sharing presentations and recordings is very easy as well.
Read John Wilson's full review
Kelley Paystrup | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 19, 2020

Zoom is great for mentoring students

We tried several platforms for having class discussions online with the COVID-19 issue. Zoom was the one that was the most user friendly and worked the best for teaching. None of the others were nearly as well designed. Add to that their opening up services for schools in need of moving online no charge, and it was the obvious choice. It has worked very well.
  • Lets me see everyone in the group while we chat.
  • Lets me mute people in the group as needed, but they don't have power to mute the moderator.
  • Has the hand raising function which helps very well with discussing.
  • I wish I could shut down silly comments in the chatbox.
  • It would be nice to add a whiteboard.
This is perfect for teaching my high schoolers online. It also works well for faculty meetings. I'm quite pleased with it. I wish there was a way of taking roll that would show me when someone leaves the group.
Read Kelley Paystrup's full review
Brian Chung | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 06, 2020

Zoom, that video conferencing app that beats the competition.

Zoom is being used across our whole organization. As an organization that has campus staff all across the nation, Zoom has made it easier for coworkers to meet without needing to travel. We are able to meet with many people at once, whether that is through video or people calling in through phone - and it is super stable (unlike other video conferencing options out there).
  • Stable video conference calling for many people.
  • Ability to include people via phone call.
  • Screen sharing is really helpful.
  • Have a web feature for new people who join so they don't need to download the app first.
  • Other than that, I can't think of many other places of improvement - Zoom has been fantastic!
Zoom is well suited for companies and organizations that need to meet with clients or coworkers on a consistent basis. In particular, a great feature of Zoom is if you have a very large group, you can break the group into smaller teams to have mini conversations and then bring back the entire group. It is less appropriate if you just need to do some video conferencing for fun. Zoom is also great if someone can't make a meeting because you can record your call.
Yes, we use Zoom Rooms, especially when there are a lot of people on the call. I've been very happy with this experience, not many video conference applications have this function. During these rooms, we are able to have small group conversations to process some of the things we have been talking about or generate ideas in smaller groups before talking about it in a larger group. Often times video conferencing can feel overwhelming with many people talking at once - this simplifies it.
Read Brian Chung's full review
Melissa Wade | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 18, 2020

Try Zoom! It's great!

I use Zoom to have conferences with individuals who are outside of our building, away from the office and working remotely. It allows me to show the individual what I am working on and helps to explain visually what is happening on the project. Phone calls are great, but showing someone exactly what is happening and what you are doing is so much better.
  • Allows sharing of my screen.
  • Allows visual sharing of information with remote individuals.
Zoom is perfect for a one-on-one discussion with individuals who work remotely. It allows you to see someone face-to-face in a meeting without the expense of flying or driving for the meeting. It allows for visual interaction and display of information in a way that is very simple and easy.
Read Melissa Wade's full review
Diana Anderson | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 16, 2019

Zoom Room Review

Zoom is globally by our entire organization. It allows are users to easily collaborate internally and with external customers. Uses cases include:
  • 1:1 meetings
  • Departmental all-hands
  • Town Halls
  • Sales enablement training/webinars
  • Customer enablement trainings/webinars
  • Customer Support enablement meetings
  • It just works. Biggest complaint with our previous solution is that it took 10 minutes to connect to a meeting. Now, our users connect instantaneously.
  • Dashboard is fantasitic. Can access real time information to troubleshoot calls.
  • Admin ports offers quite a bit of information. Like that it's a one stop shop to access everything I need to administer the site, users, run reports and access the dashboard.
  • Tickets get resolved quickly.
  • Feature requests are realized quickly.
  • Managing subaccounts is a bit cumbersome. Love that I can access them from the same portal, but inconvenient to have to sign-in to the site to fully administer.
  • Zoom Room in-depth meetings reports could be better.
Zoom is well suited in cloud video meetings. Far better experience that current competitors. Zoom makes it easy to start/join a meeting from any device.
We recently started deploying Zoom Rooms. Feedback has been positive with biggest comment of, "it just works."
Read Diana Anderson's full review
Charles Browder | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 16, 2019

Zoom was the absolute best choice for our company

Zoom was purchased with the intent of using it across the whole organization. Our company has around 150,000 employees spread across the globe, and while we don't have a Pro license for every one of those users, we have a large number of employees using Zoom. Zoom has actually helped us push our company into an era that uses tech for collaborating and cut down significantly on travel costs, as well as having helped reduce our carbon footprint.
  • The first thing I noticed about Zoom was the sleek look of the app (both mobile and desktop). I know it may sound silly to mention the aesthetics before design and functionality, but Zoom looks like it belongs in the present. It feels like it represents current technology that was designed with a purpose.
  • I love the quality that Zoom provides. From the HD functions to the supreme audio quality that Zoom delivers, I was impressed from the very start. Our company was on the search for video conferencing technology that could keep up with our growth, and Zoom met those needs with flying colors.
  • There are so many great amenities that come with Zoom. The "cool features" like "touch up my appearance" and the annotation capabilities are just icing on the cake of a really fun technology to use. Zoom is simple and sleek for our end-users, but it also has a lot of bells and whistles to excite the tech nerd in us all!
  • There are a few areas of the Zoom Phone functionality that I feel like need improving, such as the 911-calling capabilities and some of the call center solutions.
  • Some of the ways in which Zoom interacts with other hardware, such as Cisco room kits and Advocor conference systems, leaves a little to be desired. Those that are partnering with Zoom to bring the meeting conference experience to the next level need to have the "bugs worked out" before launching their products.
If you have to video conference anyone, and I do mean ANYone, Zoom is the perfect platform for that. Part of my job is helping our company adopt new technologies that we purchase, and Zoom is our preferred method. Maybe for an intimate setting or a performance review, I wouldn't use Zoom? But for almost any other scenario, I would recommend using Zoom.
We use Zoom Rooms paired with the Avocor system technology. While not a true Zoom Room, it has the functionality to open one within it. We haven't had a great experience in this area, as the Avocor system tends to sign the room out of its exchange address, and then the room is defined as an "Unassigned Room" which really complicates the sign-in process. However, once signed in, the Zoom Room works flawlessly and is a wonderful experience.
Read Charles Browder's full review
Tanner Lichty | TrustRadius Reviewer

Zoom Has Transformed Communication and Collaboration for Western Union

Zoom has been deployed company-wide for Western Union. We have several hundred conference rooms globally that are currently using Zoom Rooms. These rooms vary in size from small huddle rooms to large combining spaces. In addition, all employees have the Zoom app on their laptop and can join meetings that way. We also use the webinar feature very often for large training sessions. Zoom provides the company with an easy to use and simple video conferencing solution that makes collaboration accessible to all users.
  • The user interface is extremely easy to use. This makes it so all skill levels can join a meeting easily.
  • The audio and video quality for meetings is very good. This makes for clear sound quality and HD video.
  • The Zoom chat and phone features add additional communication options.
  • The record function is easy to use and allows users to record and send the file to people who may have missed the meeting.
  • The Zoom Rooms alerts could be better set up so the admins are not getting countless emails every day.
  • The dashboard could be better optimized for PC.
Zoom is fantastic for users to easily join a meeting from their laptop. Zoom also works wonderfully in conference rooms spaces when paired with touch screens. These touch screens running Zoom Rooms make it easy for a user to walk into the room and quickly start a meeting. It is slightly less optimal for large, all-hands meetings.
Zoom Rooms makes it easy for users of all technical skill levels to easily join a meeting without audio and visual issues.
Read Tanner Lichty's full review
Shilo McCabe | TrustRadius Reviewer

Zoom is awesome!!!

We use Zoom at our organization to keep our team connected, as we are scattered all around the country. Team meetings, all-staff meetings, meetings with our comrades in the movement are all now handed through Zoom. Previously, we had one "gatekeeper" at our organization who would schedule all our virtual meetings and have to be on-hand to provide constant tech support to get each person into a meeting and troubleshoot during the first part of each call - which was inefficient.

Once we fully adopted Zoom for Business and signed up each staffer to have their own license, everyone had the power to schedule and manage their own calls and become connected instantly as needed. Staff capacity was increased when we no longer needed someone to dedicate their time to making sure people were connected. Zoom is practically effortless. We noticed in the first 3 months of use of Zoom that our admin teams' support tickets were reduced by 40% because so many of those tickets had been related to meetings and meeting support. We love Zoom and have never looked back!
  • Ease of use, with minimal training needed for our staff.
  • Ability to troubleshoot call quality from the admin dashboard.
  • Cloud-based call recording.
  • Occasionally our staff has trouble with call quality, which is not related to the Zoom product, but usually their own connection issues. Only our Admin has the ability to log into the back end and seek out the problem.
Zoom is well suited for scheduling all-team meetings where everyone can seamlessly be on video, and anyone can screen share with very little training/orientation.
Read Shilo McCabe's full review
Dylan Smith | TrustRadius Reviewer

Zooming Past the Competition

We are currently implementing Zoom as our division-wide communication platform. Zoom is going to replace our archaic phone system, our outdated conference rooms, and provide efficiency through better helpdesk service.
  • Innovation.
  • Listening to customer needs.
  • Integration integration integration!
  • User-friendly interface.
  • User analytics.
  • When I used Zoom while conducting some administration tasks, it wasn't quick to switch back and forth between the one providing support and the user for the copy/paste function. When I spoke to the one providing support they said it happened all the time.
I honestly believe that Zoom is on the right path to be the future leader in business communications. From my experience, zoom really does listen to its users. In my company, we have some users who aren't as computer savvy as others, and yet they're able to pick up Zoom without issue. Being an all-in-one type of communications platform, Zoom helps users transition from the many solutions they already use to Zoom. Chat, phone, meetings, support. Just Zoom. Instead of looking for this application for this or for that, you just have to find Zoom. I'm excited to see future developments from this company.
Luckily, my manager has experience with Zoom Rooms and was able to show me the ropes. Zoom Rooms are incredibly versatile. What I really believe makes these rooms better than the older technology is simple: Customization. It's not just a blank screen, you can put slideshows on so that when clients walk by they are given a feeling of professionalism from your organization. Videos can be set to start when before the meeting to clear white noise and to build up to the meeting or event. I also believe that signage can be integrated into Zoom to show when meetings are and who has the meeting scheduled to prevent confusion and, "Oh, I didn't know you had this room reserved." scenarios.
Read Dylan Smith's full review
John Whelan | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 13, 2019

Great quality, easy-to-use video conferencing platform

Zoom is used for one-to-one or group meetings between our team who work remotely. It is also used to speak with relevant stakeholders, buyers, suppliers, and people who support our work. Apps like WhatsApp are also used, however, we find that the quality of the call and video can be better.
  • Easy to join a conversation.
  • Great signal, specifically in Peru where other platforms might drop the signal.
  • Better integration between Zoom and Airtable.
  • Limit of 40 minute meetings on free plan.
Zoom is well suited for group meetings and group work. Also for one-to-one meetings with team members or relevant stakeholders. It's also useful if you don't want to share your phone number to chat for example via WhatsApp, the meeting can take place via Zoom with just email/meeting ID, etc.
Read John Whelan's full review
Tanish Pruthi | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 11, 2019

We Use Zoom To Conduct High Quality Video Calls. It Is An Indispensable Tool For Us That We Use Every Day!

Zoom is ubiquitously used in our organization by every department for various purposes. I am a customer success manager, so I usually use it for two main purposes-i) Whenever I want to cross-sell or upsell, I use Zoom to give demos of new products that our existing customers might find interesting and pay us more for it, in addition to the existing services of ours that they are already using. ii) I use Zoom to have general sync-ups with my clients whom I am servicing. I also use it to discuss existing projects or issues with teams that are located in different states within India. It solves the problem of communicating with clients with whom a face to face meeting is not possible. Zoom is, of course, a well-known name in the industry, and thus, people are comfortable with having video calls using it.
  • Zoom has a very clean and beautiful interface, which is quite intuitive. Even a client who is a new user of Zoom quickly gets acquainted with it, and thus, there is no time wasting in teaching them about how to use the service.
  • I like the webinar feature. Sometimes, I have to provide product training to a lot of team members of a client. Here, conducting webinars helps. I usually record it and share it with them afterward so that they can go back to it if they have any doubts. The way they have managed the main screen, all the participants that are present and the chat window is beautiful.
  • I love it how smooth the video calls are no matter how low the internet bandwidth is.
  • I wish there were an option for theming the whole platform. Even though the interface is clean and intuitive, it can sometimes be a little dull and boring.
  • The font really needs to change. It is quite archaic look wise.
  • The windows app has a lot of unused white space. It would have been much better if the app was compact.
Zoom is the most suitable when yours is a SaaS business and you have clients all over the world. Instead of wasting time and money on having face to face meetings, it is much better if you have high-quality video calls. But, if you want to create personal relationships, of course, don't compromise meeting your client in person.
Read Tanish Pruthi's full review
Ann M. Frank | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 26, 2019

We just implemented Zoom and our team loves that it's our Go-To

We use Zoom for conferencing and presentations internally, with remote employees, and with customers and vendors.

It is suggested as our primary product and we recently underwent company wide training.

However, we will default to other similar platforms if our client or vendor has a different preference or default.

• Conference calls - seamless and great quality if originating internally and domestically.
  • Sharing screens for presentations.
  • Ability to communicate with remote staff.
  • We have found it to be a bit wonky with international calls.
  • Maybe a connectivity issue on the remote client side on occasion.

Remote staff and vendors, domestic calls, presentations.

Less ideal internationally, we've had some connectivity issues.

Not yet, but some of our staff have and have found them to be useful.
Read Ann M. Frank's full review
Christine Gonnella | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 13, 2019

Zoom breaks down the barrier of technology in classrooms!

Faculty are using it for classes and meetings; staff are using it for meetings to bring people in remotely and to record; students use it in classes and for group projects.
  • 25 attendees show up on each screen, my faculty LOVE to be able see all the students in their classes. It's one of the main reasons we use Zoom.
  • Breakout rooms is the other big reason for using Zoom in our classes - they are a great instructional tool!
  • It just works!
  • Chat should be in one central location.
  • Recording in breakout rooms!
  • My faculty and I lose the Zoom windows all the time! I'd love to see a fix to that.
We love Zoom for teaching synchronous classes and engaging students - Zoom removes so many barriers!
We find that we do not use Zoom unless someone is joining a meeting or a class remotely.
Read Christine Gonnella's full review
Dmitry Pashkevich | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 10, 2019

Best-in-breed videoconferencing solution that is robust and scalable

We recently began transitioning from Google Meet to Zoom Videoconferencing and Zoom Rooms company-wide. We were happy with Google Meet for a long time, until we started running into problems:
  1. Google Meet imposes a limit of 25 participants per video call and we started hitting it as the company grew
  2. Google Meet started crashing unexpectedly during the conference, especially when someone starts sharing their screen
We started looking for a more robust solution and Zoom was at the top of the list because of its reputation in the industry. We still use Google Meet and Slack calls for one-on-one meetings, but now almost exclusively use Zoom for group meetings.
  • Very high video and audio quality.
  • Nice little features like automatically muting your microphone when they detect feedback.
  • You can see videos of other participants in a small floating panel while you're sharing your screen so that you can gauge their reaction while you're presenting.
  • Video recording: important for training sessions, tech talks, all-hands.
  • Plenty of configuration options. I appreciate the option to automatically record all calls.
  • Exciting features coming in the future like clapping and other reactions during a video call.
  • Unlike Google Meet, it requires you to download an app and/or a browser extension to operate.
  • Second-class experience on Linux.
  • Costs extra money, although the cost seems justified for a mid-size company.
Although I think it works perfectly for all teams and individuals and is the best-in-class product in the industry, the cost may not be justified for small teams or teams who don't use videoconferencing a lot. However, if you have remote employees or do a lot of sales/support/consulting/recruiting over videoconferences, you will likely get a lot of value from Zoom, and the product will scale nicely as your business grows. They're constantly improving it, the product evolves much faster than the competition (e.g. Google Meet, GoToMeeting, BlueJeans, etc.).
We're only beginning to adopt Zoom Rooms. Overall it's fairly robust and we're pleased with how well the product handles multiple participants, as well as support for various hardware (no hardware vendor lock-in), but we occasionally experience issues with hardware being disconnected/iPad rebooting to install updates. Must be part of the learning curve though. We will likely upgrade our meeting hardware in the near future which will eliminate some of these pains.
Read Dmitry Pashkevich's full review
Austin Jones | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 05, 2019

Zoom's Open-Device Platform Enables us to solve ANY Unique Meeting Issue!

We currently are deploying Zoom as our overall meeting software solution and a replacement for our complicated Polycom, GoToMeeting, Webex, Skype, and Vidyo mix of meeting solutions. We are also exploring the possibility of using Zoom Phones to replace our old Cisco lines. As time progresses we will be building more collaborative spaces, but for now we only deploy standard Zoom Rooms.
  • Zoom makes things incredibly simple to manage from a single touch device, this can sometimes be so simple that our users coming from Polycom are over-complicating it's interface.
  • Zoom's open device platform allows us to shop around for the best solutions to incredibly specific use-case meeting rooms. No matter the issue we have always been able to solve it with out of the box solutions.
  • Zoom's responsiveness in helping with or developing solutions for integrating with external systems makes their support incredibly easy to work with and the platform as a whole much easier to adopt than traditional meeting solutions.
  • For lack of better words, Zoom's interface is rather unconventional, which makes it harder for users who are resistant to change to adopt the platform. Despite the interface being easy to use and very navigable, we find users are resistant even if it is an easier platform because it looks different from all other applications they use on a daily basis.
Zoom's open-device platform makes it incredibly easy to find a solution for even the most unique use-cases, this makes it incredibly easy for us to sell those who are less inclined to change about the new experience's Zoom can offer.
We have noticed, coming from older and more "App-Based" platforms, people don't understand the concept of Zoom Rooms and so they attempt to use their laptops instead of the room itself, or use both and cause audio feedback until the laptop's mic is muted. This is entirely a user issue and can be resolved with training, but the concept of Zoom Rooms is so new to our employees that they are having difficulties understanding how and when to use Zoom Rooms.
Read Austin Jones's full review
Michelle Braun | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 01, 2019

Zooming along with Zoom

Zoom allows our geographically-dispersed workforce to meet virtually in real-time. Also, record meetings for those who are not able to attend is useful.
  • I really like the mobile capabilities for Zoom; it's nice to be able to choose whether to attend a meeting using my laptop or my mobile phone.
  • When I'm using the mobile app to connect, I like that Zoom calls me - so I don't have to try and dial a number when I'm driving.
  • I love the "1 click" integration with iPhone (i.e. I just click the long dial-in number and code link and automatically get connected to Zoom.
  • The interface on my laptop isn't as user-friendly as it could be. Zoom always splits into 2 separate windows. It would be nice if all the functionality were contained in 1 window.
Zoom's great for virtual meetings. Unfortunately, we're not able to use it for webinars - as it doesn't integrate with our LMS (Learning Management System), the way we need it to for compliance training (e.g. accurately port the Learner attendance and their answers to each polling question).
Yes. Each conference room is different. Sometimes you can just click a button and the meeting starts, other times/rooms you have to dial a code. I'm not sure what causes the difference in Zoom Room access.
Read Michelle Braun's full review
Joelle Waksman | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 31, 2019

How can you have a meeting without Zoom?

It's being used by the whole organization. 3 different departments use it individually for work:
- Customer success for onboarding/check-in calls
- Customer support for troubleshooting calls
- Sales for demos and enablement calls
- Product for user research calls
However, the entire company has accounts as we use it for any and all conferencing. We also use Zoom Rooms!
  • Zoom Room screen sharing is awesome. Once you get the hang of it, so easy to use.
  • Integration with Calendly
  • Transcription services
Well suited: any business meeting, phone call, meeting, etc.
Love it!
Read Joelle Waksman's full review
Sarah Campbell | TrustRadius Reviewer

I gotta Zoom it to ya!

We are using Zoom primarily for meetings and lecture capture. The School of Pharmacy has two campuses--one in Oxford and the Medical Center in Jackson. Zoom is building a bridge to overcome our distance issues. We have faculty who can remotely join class sessions on either campus, reducing our cost for travel and lodging. We have students who can remotely join courses when issues prohibit them from being in the classroom. We have visiting contributors from other universities, industries, and medical centers who share their expertise. We meet with collaborative Faculty Learning Communities using Zoom. We connect with students to support academic growth through tutoring sessions live, remote access, and on-demand. We literally use Zoom for all Committee Meetings, Search Committee interviews, and training and development sessions. Zoom is everywhere in our organization.
  • Easy to use-Click New Meeting and Share Screen on the Zoom app, and lecture capture happens.
  • Searchable transcripts are essential and close to accurate.
  • Zoom listens to us. Thank you.
  • Zoom is easy to add users and manage who is Pro and who is Basis on a day by day basis, if need be.
  • Classroom features: attendance, flag content, annoymous chat (Q & A), and audio/video chat: think combo platter of Echo360 and VoiceThread.
  • Pre-schedule auto record, auto download, and auto upload to LMS--full educational integration
  • Connect with any and every audio/video--like Apple mirroring
Phenomenal for meetings, tutoring, training, and collaboration on documents/ideas. Difficult to uses seamlessly with an LMS.
We wanted to set up our classrooms as Zoom Rooms but ran into difficulty because we would have so much variety of content sharing. It was disappointing that we couldn't make it work. (yet)
Read Sarah Campbell's full review
Marguerite Cogliano | TrustRadius Reviewer

Zoom Meetings

Zoom is being resold and used at my company. Zoom is the answer to driving efficiency and making the most out of virtual meetings. The collaboration tools are essential and help employees across the country work as if they were at the same desk.
  • Collaboration
  • Screen Sharing
  • Increased participant visibility
  • More online tutorials
  • Historical status tracking
Well suited for multi-office companies, teleworkers, and anyone who directly interacts with clients. Zoom is a fantastic tool for coaches, therapists, and trainers to provide virtual service while still giving clients an in person feel.
Read Marguerite Cogliano's full review
Brayan Alvarado | TrustRadius Reviewer

Zoom just works!

Right now we're using it across the entire organization, for meeting remotely, and even for sharing on all of our Zoom Rooms. We no longer use HDMI cables within our rooms, we simply use screen share.
  • Meetings are easy to create and run on a daily basis, extremely user friendly.
  • Their support team is really helpful when we have any issues.
  • Customer Success team truly invests with our organization.
  • One of the issues we still face today is sharing video to a broader audience, for example webinars. We always have a problem when sharing it.
It's hard to say where it's not well suited, because I've been in 2 companies where Zoom was used to its full potential. I was at a small company of about 250 users, and everyone loved it. Including the company I am at now where it's 1700 employees.
It helps people find rooms quickly, to see whether or not they're available. It helps people be more productive and waste no time trying to find a room.
Read Brayan Alvarado's full review
ANIKA SINGH | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 24, 2019

Undoubtedly best video conferencing software

Zoom is the best video calling software which combines the sharing of content for personal as well as business meetings. Zoom software can be used worldwide with ease of access . It is easy to understand and can be used with already linked Google account. The interface of zoom is unbeatable with Hd video as well as audio calling feature.
  • It is the only software offering their users HD videoconferencing and audio calling feature . Zoom can work on multiple platforms with different operating systems and mobiles.
  • Zoom participant can join the meeting and conversation for free, at one time more than one participant can join. Users can even use screen sharing features which is undoubtedly amazing.
  • Zoom usage is free and the customer service is very good.
  • The dashboard is difficult to navigate and can be made better. I wish there could be pop up notification feature as we are unable to notice if any chat is missed.
  • To make video call there is always a good internet connection required. After 40 min of free use it is not free, users have to pay an amount.
  • For any additional feature users have to pay expensive charges and the technical support is also limiting.
Zoom is very simple and easy to understand webinar software. It offers online business meetings , personal calling and mobile services into one collaboration system. The cloud sharing feature is very great. For any ongoing meeting with a good internet connection users can hold the call.
Read ANIKA SINGH's full review
H. Alexander Bustos | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 24, 2019

Ditch the rest and save yourself the headache; Zoom is the VC King

At CZI, it is being used across the entire organization. It is the highest used platform as it solves one of our most crucial missions, which is to connect users so that they can collaborate in solving some of society’s most complex issues in the areas of medicine, education, and justice reform.
  • Video and Audio calling is clear, fast and problem free.
  • Coordinating and scheduling meetings with others
  • Inviting users outside of org
  • Customer support really cares
  • Patches are sometimes half baked and can sometimes cause issues/break functionality
  • Chat could be improved so it operates more like Slack
It is well suited for video conferencing. Ditch the rest (Hangouts, Highfive, Cisco, Polycom) - Zoom is seamless with very little overhead to get things running. Hardware agnostic so not tied to any one type of device.
Seamless and simple. Can’t speak enough of the high quality calling that Zoom Rooms provides, the ease of use and the ease of implementation. As the AV builds program manager at my organization, I am so happy to work with a product that is almost as simple as plug and play.
Read H. Alexander Bustos's full review
Patricia James-Boatner | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 23, 2019

Who's Zooming Who?

We are an educational institution. We use Zoom for meetings and online teaching options. We have also used Zoom for interviewing prospective employees.
  • Sharing your computer screen makes it so much easier to troubleshoot problems.
  • Being able to invite participants into meetings in real time, while the meeting is going on.
  • The ease of use for clients. The learning curve is very low. Most clients are able to have meetings with no training needed.
  • Zoom is very reliable.
  • When more than one Zoom Room comes into a meeting, it would nice to be able to confirm which one was going to be the host. Right now it is whichever Zoom Room comes in first is the host.
  • If your iPad does not have the correct version, you should not be able to enable green screen mode. Once they check that, they cannot un-check it.
I love going into a meeting and being able to share my computer screen. It is so easy to explain and teach with this procedure.
I love that you can automatically start Zoom Room meetings when you put them in the calendar.
Read Patricia James-Boatner's full review
Amanda Carpenter | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 22, 2019

Zoom - A great way to include all in meetings.

It is being used throughout the entire organization for meetings. It has been used for users who cannot attend a large meeting or conference, but also for one-on-one meetings when two people cannot be at the same campus. This helps to cut down on travel times for many employees, as it's not always possible to be a several campuses to attend meetings in one day.
  • It's user-friendly, easy and intuitive to use if you're already pretty tech-familiar.
  • It comes up as it's own window, so you can be attending the meeting and at the same time bring up any documents you'd like to look at during the meeting, all on your computer.
  • It also has a chat feature, so if, for instance, the sound isn't working on someone's end, you can still communicate that to the other people in the meeting.
  • I think an alert somewhere that tells you if your speakers are not turned on would be helpful. You may have the sound on in your Zoom meeting, but if you're speakers are not on you may not realize why the sound isn't working.
Working at a community college, with multiple campuses, it's a great tool to connect those who cannot be in the same place at the same time. Especially for virtual campus members. Some professors do not even live in the same state, so it's a great way for them to "meet" their colleagues and feel more included.

Nothing can replace face-to-face communication, however, this is a great alternative when that just isn't possible.
Read Amanda Carpenter's full review

High quality audio (580)
High quality video (582)
Low bandwidth requirements (514)
Mobile support (1)
Desktop sharing (576)
Whiteboards (361)
Calendar integration (512)
Meeting initiation (566)
Integrates with social media (219)
Record meetings / events (538)
Slideshows (381)
Live chat (482)
Audience polling (293)
Q&A (332)
User authentication (405)
Participant roles & permissions (454)
Confidential attendee list (316)

About Zoom

Zoom
Zoom is a popular online meeting and video conferencing platform known for its webinar capabilities for live virtual events and broadcasting. It features HD video and audio, collaboration tools, chat functionality, and an enterprise cloud phone system.

In addition to the above features, Zoom also offers:

Zoom Video Webinar
Zoom offers a Video Webinar option supporting unlimited audiences viewing live with presentation engagement tools like group chat, dual screen support, live broadcasting to YouTube or other platforms, polling, and other features supporting streaming webinars and virtual events.

Zoom Rooms
Zoom offers hardware and software bundles for businesses looking to streamline their web conferencing services.

Zoom Phone
With Zoom Phone, users can bundle their voice, video, voicemail, messaging, meetings, and conferencing through one application. It can carry out calls over cellular voice, cellular data, or WiFi connections and is supported on Windows, MacOS, iOS, and Android devices.

Zoom Features

Has featureIE compatible
Has featureAvailable for Linux
Has featureAvailable for OS X
Has featureAvailable for Windows
Does not have featureMobile support
Screen Sharing Features
Has featureScheduling
Has featureCalendar integration
Has featureMeeting initiation
Has featureEnd meetings
Has featureIntegrates with social media
Has featureRecord meetings / events
Has featureConfidential attendee list
Has featureSecure file sharing
Has featureMobile Screen Sharing
Has featureVideo Breakout Rooms
Has featureScreen share video with audio

Zoom Video

Zoom Product Overview Video -- Zoom is revolutionizing the ways teams collaborate. Whether you're connecting multiple conference rooms or adding remote attendees. Meeting face-to-face is as simple as a single touch.

Zoom Integrations

Slack, Salesforce.com, Marketo, Google Drive, Box, Dropbox, Pardot, Zapier, Skype for Business (formerly Lync), Microsoft One Drive, Microsoft Outlook, Google Calendar, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, LTI Canvas, LTI Blackboard, LTI Moodle, LTI Desire2Learn, Kubi

Zoom Competitors