Zoom is an online meeting and video conferencing platform.https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/X0/J2/JJQC92U6VWBP.PNGZoom through your video calls! (but only if you do LOTS of video calls)We use Zoom for two main purposes: 1) to connect with sales leads, and 2) to hold meetings with clients. About 75% of our use of Zoom is our sales representatives (including Sales Development Representatives and Business Developers) connecting with leads and holding qualification appointments. The other 25% of our use is our client teams (including project managers, account managers, and production leads) holding client meetings and workshops. We’ve found that in-person meetings are best for building relationships with sales leads and clients, but about 60% of our leads and clients are from out of state, so in-person meetings are not possible. Zoom is the tool we use to solve this problem – although it’s more challenging to build rapport and connect over a video call, the efficiency and access to out-of-state markets and clients is more than worth it. The other business problem that Zoom solves for us is training. We record almost every sales and client meeting, and use the recorded sessions to train new Sales Development Representatives, Business Developers, Project Managers, Account Managers, and Production Leads.,I’ve tried many different video call products (Google Hangouts, Appear.in, Uber Conference), and Zoom has been significantly higher-quality and more reliable. I very rarely have a call drop or have trouble with hearing people on Zoom calls. Zoom has recently released a Chrome extension, which is a super convenient way to quickly start and schedule meetings. I enjoyed Appear.in for this reason, but the quality was too low. This is valuable for me as a project manager - I am able to quickly schedule Zoom meetings without leaving my current workflow (i.e. I can stay in Google Drive, Hubspot, Google Calendar, Gmail, or wherever else I am working and easily schedule a Zoom call). Zoom’s “breakout room” feature is hugely valuable for the interactive client workshops we run. You can easily split multiple users into separate breakout rooms, then easily re-combine all participants back together in real time. I use this feature to facilitate design thinking workshops. I use Zoom’s “copy the invitation” feature many times a day – I have very rarely had people I’m connecting with have any trouble joining the call, because the invitation has all of the information they need to easily connect, regardless of whether they are connecting by computer or by phone.,Zoom has a LOT of functionality that I’ve never used (Polling, Whiteboard, Remote Control, et cetera). These features are buried within the “Settings” screens in Zoom. I think they could do a better job of suggesting features to users – perhaps giving little pop-ups or some kind of onboarding guide to show additional functionality of Zoom. I don’t like that you have to download the Zoom app on your computer to use it. It is a fairly clunky user experience compared with some of the other solutions on the market (e.g. Appear.in allows you to create and join a meeting right from the URL bar). I wish Zoom had more integration capabilities. I have started using the integration with Google Calendar and really like it. I would like more options to integrate the Zoom calls – especially 1) an automatic “save to Google Drive” (rather than just to Zoom or just to my computer), and 2) integrations with transcription services (e.g. Otter.ai) to easily create transcriptions from meetings.,9,More deals closed outside of our state. We are much more easily able to close deals outside of our state, because sales appointments and presentations are easy and powerful through Zoom, and we’ve increased our business outside of our state from ~30% to 60%. This makes our followup with leads we meet at conferences much more personal and effective. Improved client collaboration and client experience. It has become much easier to share the content of a meeting with someone who misses the meeting. Our clients love that they can go back to the meeting recording and review particular parts of our workshops. Higher employee satisfaction and connection. Our internal team can much more easily work from home and not miss important meetings. For example, we don’t require our team members to come into the office on Fridays, and we are still able to hold multiple internal meetings with them while they are in the comfort of their home.,I have not used the Zoom Rooms functionality. My feedback from an outside perspective is that I can't even tell why it is different than just starting a "Personal Meeting Room" meeting or a "Scheduled Meeting". Zoom describes the benefits but doesn't explain why I should use it. I'm getting most of what I want out of the existing functionality of Zoom calls, so unless they can more clearly describe how it is different, I'm not going to use it/pay for it/spend more time trying to understand what it is.,Google Hangouts, appear.in, UberConference and SkypeWhen looking for a professional meeting place, look to ZoomZoom is an essential tool for us at KeyedIn seeing as we use it to bring together our organization on several different levels. On the internal level, KeyedIn is an organization that has employee's scattered all throughout the world we need a tool that can help us communicate and be able to collaborate. On the external level, it's a great tool for us to meet with clients and have a meeting place where there are no requirements except a simple meeting address.,Its ease of use is incredible. This helps us with clients and internal use. The whiteboard feature and recording features are so seamless and we constantly find ourselves using it. The settings are very easily adjustable and help us when accommodating a large number of individuals. We've found that the audio is incredible because of the individual connection required. Also, we love the ease of integrations with other products such as Google calendar.,It does have a simple interface where it could use a facelift. There can be some confusion when scheduling meetings because of the integration with Google calendar. I've had access denied on several occasions where I'm not the "host" of my own meeting so I'm unable to record. A technical error but nonetheless a problem we've had to work around.,9,With Zoom we've been able to have improved collaboration on several levels internal and external. We can host internal webinars through zoom which helps us generate interest and revenue. Zoom has been a tool that allows the end users to record and use for later training purposes which have greatly improved business impact.,We have access to Zoom Rooms and it has been something that we've mostly used internally. Because KeyedIn is an organization that has satellite offices around the world this feature has been something that has helped us all stay connected very easily. We've been able to send out invitations very easily and have everyone there.,Slack and SkypeAmazing tool for audio and video conferencing.Zoom is being used across all departments of our company. Internally, we use it to run sales or department meetings for folks that may be working from home or in different offices. Being in sales, we have our hands on Zoom daily. I use Zoom to run all of my discovery call, product demonstrations, etc. This gives me the ability to sell over the phone and through screen share to convey the value of our products and show clients how our product works.,Reliability and ease of use to join meetings. Integrations with other tools. Our company connects lots of other sales tools directly into Zoom for analytics and other purposes. For example, we use Gong.io to review calls, and with Zoom the integration is seamless. Giving other users the ability to quickly share their screen.,Nothing in particular. Zoom does an excellent job starting and presenting meetings quickly and easily. I can't think of anything that I would change or add.,9,Making it easier and more reliable to quickly hold meetings on the fly. This directly impacts the top line revenue of our business. Our salespeople use Zoom daily to help them close deals.,We do not. We have Apple tv and quickly connect the system to that instead of Zoom Rooms.,GoToMeetingZoom's a boon; it is to Skype what iPod was to ZuneZoom is our primary means of meeting as a group, and everyone in our company uses it on a daily basis. Our team is spread amongst a few different towns in two different states, so we need a way to meet regularly that doesn't require physically traveling. Along with a daily scrum/agile workflow meeting, Zoom is used for any as-needed meetings throughout the day.,User-friendliness. Zoom's interface is straightforward, and you can trust that a new user to whom you send an invite will be walked effortlessly through every step of joining the call, in a matter of minutes. Recording. Recording a call is easy and reliable. It's great to be able to bring absent team members up to speed so simply. Back-end data. All kinds of stats are easily available, from call participant name lists to participation numbers over time.,One persistent bug comes when switching between multiple accounts on one computer. For some work contexts, I use our business-level account to facilitate calls with larger numbers of participants. When I switch back to my personal account, the display name from the business account persists and will continue to reset back to the business display name even after being manually fixed.,9,Zoom has made our geographically-disparate team much, much more efficient. Though we've always had active text-based communication channels running throughout the day (whether Slack or simple text messages), the ability to meet via Zoom every day just creates a sense of cohesion we haven't been able to achieve historically, without physically traveling to meet up. Zoom's user-friendliness and intuitive integration with things like Google Calendar have made it 'stick' with our team well, as compared with other software we've attempted to adopt as a team, which sort of petered out. Having a long-standing and consistent communication medium gives a sense of stability and flow to our work experience over time.,SkypeZoom - great tool for meetings and trainingsZoom helps my teammates and I conduct business calls and meetings even though we all live in different parts of the country. It allows us to connect and help train one another. We also have Zoom meetings and calls for people to tune into and learn more about our products and services.,Multi user capability Fairly easy to use and send meeting links Can tune in via video or just audio,Sometimes connection is bad /spotty The link is confusing for people who don’t have the zoom app or who have never used it before- instead of such a long message should just be a very simple link to follow Should connect to Facebook live and or instagram TV so we could have on all platforms,7,Free/affordable Improved collaboration Connect well and more intentionally with team
Windows, Linux, Mac
Zoom

Zoom Reviews

Zoom
TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019
Filter 710 vetted Zoom reviews and ratings

Andrew Pagels profile photo
March 12, 2019

Review: "Zoom through your video calls! (but only if you do LOTS of video calls)"

• I’ve tried many different video call products (Google Hangouts, appear.in, Uber Conference), and Zoom has been significantly higher-quality and more reliable. I very rarely have a call drop or have trouble with hearing people on Zoom calls.
  • Zoom has recently released a Chrome extension, which is a super convenient way to quickly start and schedule meetings. I enjoyed appear.in for this reason, but the quality was too low. This is valuable for me as a project manager - I am able to quickly schedule Zoom meetings without leaving my current workflow (i.e. I can stay in Google Drive, Hubspot, Google Calendar, Gmail, or wherever else I am working and easily schedule a Zoom call).
  • Zoom’s “breakout room” feature is hugely valuable for the interactive client workshops we run. You can easily split multiple users into separate breakout rooms, then easily re-combine all participants back together in real time. I use this feature to facilitate design thinking workshops.
  • I use Zoom’s “copy the invitation” feature many times a day – I have very rarely had people I’m connecting with have any trouble joining the call, because the invitation has all of the information they need to easily connect, regardless of whether they are connecting by computer or by phone.
  • Zoom has a LOT of functionality that I’ve never used (Polling, Whiteboard, Remote Control, et cetera). These features are buried within the “Settings” screens in Zoom. I think they could do a better job of suggesting features to users – perhaps giving little pop-ups or some kind of onboarding guide to show additional functionality of Zoom.
  • I don’t like that you have to download the Zoom app on your computer to use it. It is a fairly clunky user experience compared with some of the other solutions on the market (e.g. appear.in allows you to create and join a meeting right from the URL bar).
  • I wish Zoom had more integration capabilities. I have started using the integration with Google Calendar and really like it. I would like more options to integrate the Zoom calls – especially 1) an automatic “save to Google Drive” (rather than just to Zoom or just to my computer), and 2) integrations with transcription services (e.g. Otter.ai) to easily create transcriptions from meetings.
Great use case: If you hold multiple meetings (5+) every week with people that you can’t easily meet in person (e.g. if you do a lot of business over the phone), Zoom is worth the price.

Great use case: If you regularly do presentations (slide decks, videos, pitches) over the phone or video call, Zoom makes this process very simple (screen-sharing, whiteboarding, chatting).

Great use case: If you expect people to either call in or join by a computer in the same meeting, Zoom makes it really easy to combine people joining by phone and computer.

Bad use case: If you only do a few phone or video calls a week, you’d probably be okay with a free solution like Google Hangouts (not worth paying for the additional Zoom features).

Bad use case: If you have to share lots of files back and forth throughout a meeting, I prefer using a third-party solution WHILE I’m on the Zoom call (i.e. I will share files via Slack or email while I’m on Zoom, rather than use Zoom’s file share feature).
Read Andrew Pagels's full review
Kevin Knudsen profile photo
February 06, 2019

Review: "When looking for a professional meeting place, look to Zoom"

• Its ease of use is incredible. This helps us with clients and internal use.
  • The whiteboard feature and recording features are so seamless and we constantly find ourselves using it.
  • The settings are very easily adjustable and help us when accommodating a large number of individuals.
  • We've found that the audio is incredible because of the individual connection required.
  • Also, we love the ease of integrations with other products such as Google calendar.
  • It does have a simple interface where it could use a facelift.
  • There can be some confusion when scheduling meetings because of the integration with Google calendar.
  • I've had access denied on several occasions where I'm not the "host" of my own meeting so I'm unable to record. A technical error but nonetheless a problem we've had to work around.
Zoom is perfectly equipped to handle internal and external meetings. The settings that they have built-in make it so simple to adjust and have exactly the type of meeting you'd like to have. The video feature is incredible where you can interact as well as the screen-share feature. We have only run into a few problems with Zoom on the recording aspect of it so maybe consider have a separate recording running.
Read Kevin Knudsen's full review
Alexander Chin profile photo
May 16, 2019

Zoom Review: "Amazing tool for audio and video conferencing."

• Reliability and ease of use to join meetings.
  • Integrations with other tools. Our company connects lots of other sales tools directly into Zoom for analytics and other purposes. For example, we use Gong.io to review calls, and with Zoom the integration is seamless.
  • Giving other users the ability to quickly share their screen.
  • Nothing in particular. Zoom does an excellent job starting and presenting meetings quickly and easily. I can't think of anything that I would change or add.
Any time you are holding a sales call or any type of meeting, Zoom is always useful.
Read Alexander Chin's full review
Brock Ross profile photo
January 08, 2019

Review: "Zoom's a boon; it is to Skype what iPod was to Zune"

• User-friendliness. Zoom's interface is straightforward, and you can trust that a new user to whom you send an invite will be walked effortlessly through every step of joining the call, in a matter of minutes.
  • Recording. Recording a call is easy and reliable. It's great to be able to bring absent team members up to speed so simply.
  • Back-end data. All kinds of stats are easily available, from call participant name lists to participation numbers over time.
  • One persistent bug comes when switching between multiple accounts on one computer. For some work contexts, I use our business-level account to facilitate calls with larger numbers of participants. When I switch back to my personal account, the display name from the business account persists and will continue to reset back to the business display name even after being manually fixed.
Zoom has, in my experience, performed well in multiple contexts ranging from personal use to large-scale business meetings. Its user-friendliness and quick setup make it ideal even for one-off calls between friends or colleagues; and its robust feature set (especially at the pro+ levels), capacity to facilitate many participants and recording functionality all make it a powerful tool at the corporate level. I cannot think of any scenarios where Zoom wouldn't be a great fit.
Read Brock Ross's full review
Karee Smith profile photo
May 03, 2019

Review: "Zoom - great tool for meetings and trainings"

• Multi user capability
  • Fairly easy to use and send meeting links
  • Can tune in via video or just audio
  • Sometimes connection is bad /spotty
  • The link is confusing for people who don’t have the zoom app or who have never used it before- instead of such a long message should just be a very simple link to follow
  • Should connect to Facebook live and or instagram TV so we could have on all platforms
Well suited to reach anyone and to conduct a meeting with multiple people. It is less appropriate for one on one meetings - I would use just FaceTime or Facebook messenger video. I wish you could also link a call to FB.
Read Karee Smith's full review
Chelsea Baldwin profile photo
May 03, 2019

"Review of Zoom by a business coach"

Zoom is used for new client discovery calls, conference calls with current clients, and to host individual and group coaching calls. It allows us to speak face-to-face while also being able to send information across digitally.
  • Video chat.
  • Group calls and meetings.
  • Conversational speaker view.
  • Considerable price upgrade just to use webinar features on rare occasions.
  • Meeting settings for group calls also apply to individual calls - so muting participants upon entry automatically, while necessary in group calls, can be confusing in individual sessions & causes an unnecessary distraction at the beginning of a call.
  • It seems that people calling in on cell phones aren't always muted when they dial in - causing confusing noise for the group when it happens. Maybe this is just an occasional glitch, but it is something I've noticed.
It's well-suited for people who do business remotely, particularly coaches of any sort who do individual or group coaching as a part of their business. It's relatively inexpensive to host these calls, and intuitive for the end users & clients.

It may not be best for businesses who like to do group conference calls from one meeting room full of people to another meeting room full of people who all want to talk to each other. Better for separate locations.
I don't use them in my own business and prefer to just schedule a group call. However, I have been a participant in someone else's Zoom room and was happy with the experience.
Read Chelsea Baldwin's full review
Ben Marcoux Roofing Lead Generation Expert profile photo
May 02, 2019

Review: "Zoom - The Best Video Conferencing Tool Today"

Zoom is my go-to way to do video conferencing with my internal team as well as prospects and clients. It's great for sales calls because connecting on video is the next best thing to being in the room with someone. And for staying in touch with the team or other people's teams, it's a breeze. You can schedule meetings, keep links the same, etc. It's used daily and works much better than Skype.
  • Video quality
  • Audio quality
  • Allows you to create static room links so different meetings can have different links that stay the same
  • Works great on mobile and desktop
  • Call-in sound quality and internet sound quality are good
  • It slows down your internet a lot
  • Hyperlinks don't always work in the chat, especially on mobile
  • It's pretty expensive for the paid versions, especially the webinar version
  • Limited native integration to get lead information when doing webinars
Zoom is perfect for anyone who does sales and is used to doing them over the phone. I've noticed a large uptick in conversion when I use a video call instead of just voice. It's also great for scheduling meetings with existing clients. The reasons are similar to the ones for sales conversations. It's also great for setting up meetings with internal virtual teams.
I use a personal Zoom Room myself which is my static link. I put that link into my calendar scheduling tool (Acuity) and it automatically sends the correct link for the call in the email and text message follow up. Much more convenient than manually sending the links. And when working with clients, several of them have a dozen or more Zoom Rooms, with each room having a specific function. A room for each "Team" or type of meeting works well.
Read Ben Marcoux Roofing Lead Generation Expert's full review
Alexander Cooper profile photo
April 19, 2019

Zoom Review: "A Stable Skype"

Zoom is used for inter-company communications where Skype for Business is unavailable. One of our clients currently does not allow Skype but has approved Zoom. Zoom allows screen-sharing, face to face video calls, as well as voice calls. I have yet to use it for messaging.
  • Essential features work flawlessly.
  • Better network connection than Skype.
  • High-resolution screen-sharing.
  • No out of the box integration with Outlook and I'm unable to see any way of integrating it easily.
  • Video calls do not prompt you to allow your webcam-- you are immediately exposed.
  • It takes a long time to boot up.
Zoom is well suited for scenarios where communication is required but Skype isn't an option or is not compatible with your current network implementation. It is less appropriate for inter-company communications, as Skype for Business is better integrated with most Office 365 deployments. It is best to have both, as there are cases where Skype video calls do not cope with the current network speeds or it may just be having a buggy day. I haven't had an issue with Zoom calls at all when video calling, and I can't say the same for Skype.
I use Zoom every working day to communicate in daily stand up meetings, as well as for video conferences, both between clients and internally. I have not had a single issue with Zoom, and the same cannot be said for Skype.
Read Alexander Cooper's full review
Christian Oquendo profile photo
April 18, 2019

User Review: "Zooming in on Zoom"

I use Zoom specifically for my podcast which is where I video chat with most of my clients and guests and upload to my show. This helps cross-promote my business and instills trust in potential clients. Zoom has helped my business by ensuring that I am able to communicate with each of my guests efficiently with minimal interruptions in quality, in both video and audio.
  • Minimal interruptions/distortions in audio or video quality. This is a major component of using video conferencing software.
  • Easy-to-use and user friendly UI.
  • Free version has everything I need for 1 on 1 interviews.
  • Perhaps adding a third person on a video conference with the free version could be a great addition.
  • Adding a free webinar feature could be another addition.
  • A lower Pro plan pricing would be beneficial.
Zoom can be used for many instances, including business meetings over video, personal chat, or even podcasts, which is what I use the service for. It is an excellent way to connect with others without having the need to meet face-to-face. Although there is other video conferencing software out there, this is more business or professional-oriented, so others seeking something for personal use may find it different.
Did not manage to utilize Zoom Rooms during my time spent with the software.
Read Christian Oquendo's full review
Travis Hunt profile photo
April 04, 2019

Review: "Zoom - the BEST web video conferencing available"

Our organization is located around the globe. Zoom ensures we can communicate effectively across all locations. The video and audio quality is extremely good, even on slower connections. The product is easy to use and intuitive, so our end-users rarely have technical issues other than making sure their correct audio/video input is selected.
We also utilize Zoom for distance learning. We have multiple sites set up with Zoom classrooms for teaching/learning.
  • Easy to use: the product is a lightweight install and even non-technical individuals can figure out how to use it.
  • Dependable: in the 5 years we've used it, I only recall one outage.
  • Quality: the quality of the audio/video is very good.
  • Communication: audio/video meetings and also a nice chat feature are included.
  • Recording: meetings can be recorded to a local computer or to the cloud.
  • The user interface in meetings needs improvement & could use more modern design elements, like the main Zoom window.
Zoom is the best video conferencing tool for PC/Mac/Android/iOS. We've used a lot of different products and Zoom shines. As long as you have good audio/video equipment, you can scale Zoom to be used in small or large rooms.
We have tested them, but have not actively used them. We are interested in using the product though. During our testing, we have been impressed with how easy it is to use the product. Just a few taps of an iPad and you're in a meeting. The IT tools for troubleshooting audio/video along with notifications is very intriguing to us as well.
Read Travis Hunt's full review
Nivas Ravichandran profile photo
March 26, 2019

User Review: "Zoom - It just works!"

We are using Zoom Video Communications across different customer-facing roles and departments. We have used it to interact with customers in basic conversations, conducted video interviews with influencers/sales leaders from different verticals, and to collaborate with team members present across different offices. We also used Zoom to conduct interviews for an online sales summit called the High-Velocity Sales Summit.
  • Works without issues or glitches.
  • Easy to use and is known across the industry.
  • Allows different video thumbnail views for recording.
  • The recording quality sometimes reduces in spite of high bandwidth.
Zoom is fantastic for video calls where you want to quickly jump on a call either with the app or web version. It can be used to record high-quality video interviews as well. The platform can be a little buggy to run webinars and might act up sometimes.
We use Zoom Rooms in all our meeting rooms that have TVs available. The tablet can be a little confusing in the beginning to understand and run, but once you have become accustomed to it, it can be easy and quick to run with. The quality is better compared to the other platforms and applications I have come across in other organizations.
Read Nivas Ravichandran's full review
Kenneth Hess profile photo
November 30, 2018

Review: "Zoom zooms past the conference calling solution provider pack"

Our entire company uses Zoom. We switched to Zoom because it is a fraction of the cost of what we used to spend with our old provider and the service is much better. Zoom solved our soaring conferencing costs and the complexity of using our old provider's service. Our old provider's service and support model was grossly outdated and the technology was as well. Our users love Zoom because of how easy it is to use. Call initiation and scheduling are a dream with Zoom. I highly recommend it to any business who is struggling with finding a solution.
  • Zoom is very easy to use. We haven't had but a handful of helpdesk tickets related to its use so far.
  • Zoom is inexpensive. We use a lot of conference minutes because our conference calls usually involve at least 10 participants, which makes the price of regular conferencing services really high. Zoom's pricing allows us to actually create an accurate monthly budget for the service.
  • Zoom's service is superb. We've never had a glitch, an outage, or any performance problems with the service.
  • Zoom's support is excellent. Zoom techs know what they're doing and have solved all of our issues within minutes. A+++
  • We've had no issues so far. The few helpdesk tickets we've had have been on our end or have been a need for a bit of user training.
Honestly, Zoom is such an improvement over our previous provider's service, no one has complained. I don't have any idea where its use would be inappropriate or inadequate. Zoom serves us very well. We're extremely happy with the service, support, and pricing. We have more than 100 users and a record of no complaints is significant.
We've had a great experience with Zoom Rooms. Everyone who initiates a call uses the functionality because there's always a presentation or collaboration of some type. We are very satisfied with Zoom Rooms, which is a significant feature that our old provider didn't offer. We highly recommend Zoom Rooms for conferencing.
Read Kenneth Hess's full review
Erica Terry profile photo
March 22, 2019

User Review: "Zoom meetings “face to face”"

Zoom makes it convenient and easy to have meetings “face to face” with clients all over the country as well as internationally. You can convene anytime and virtually anywhere. We use Zoom for our work meeting, to include those who are traveling so that they can also make the work meeting remotely. Zoom also makes it easy for Clients to have a quick one on one meeting when they want interaction face to face rather than traveling to location. It is easy to invite those you'd like to attend and they are able to call in or video in which makes it even easier.
  • Also for meeting across all barriers
  • Easy to use and invite others to join you from all ove.
  • Being able to have access to face to face interaction without having to be face to face
  • It’s sometimes difficult to know when and how to mute without removing the videos etc.
Zoom lets you be able to have face to face interaction, is good for meetings during the day or night, and fights issues with time zones and distance.
No we do not have specific zoom rooms, but we do have conference rooms where Zoom is used.
Read Erica Terry's full review
Ben Westby profile photo
March 06, 2019

User Review: "Using Zoom to stay connected"

We use Zoom to communicate with partner schools in other towns as well as conduct our hiring interviews with potential staff working in other time zones or other countries.
  • Zoom does multi-party calling very well.
  • Zoom enables the sharing of documents and media well.
  • Zoom does a great job of organizing the location and time zones of callers.
  • The user interface is not particularly smooth.
  • It does take getting used to i.e. the jumping of screens with audio.
Zoom is a great application when conferencing with teams who have previous experience with Zoom, but due to the breadth of competition, many people we conference with who are new to Zoom take a while getting used to the system.
I have not used Zoom Rooms enough to feel I have a strong handle on all of its tools.
Read Ben Westby's full review
Mitchell Clements profile photo
March 01, 2019

Zoom Review: "Video Calls Made Simple"

My organization has used Zoom across multiple departments to make video conference calls with customers and remote employees. In addition, it has been used for user testing with users we have recruited across the internet in order to test out prototypes. Zoom seems to work great and has been a reliable tool we can use.
  • Zoom lets you host meetings.
  • It's easy to connect to a call.
  • You can share your screen.
  • Sometimes the video call quality is spotty, even with a great wifi connection.
  • The chat can be a little difficult to find if you've minimized your Zoom window.
Zoom is great for setting up quick conference calls with customers and partners. Since it's a communication tool, it's hard to imagine a scenario where it wouldn't be appropriate. Though, I suppose it's always better to chat in person if possible. It also doesn't work well if you or the person you are trying to contact have a poor internet connection.
Read Mitchell Clements's full review
Tony Ahn profile photo
February 22, 2019

User Review: "Zoom is way better than Skype"

We are a boutique public relations agency, and we use Zoom to communicate with clients in all industries (banking, mining, government, academia, retail, startups, etc.) and suppliers (SEO companies, content providers, our external accountant, marketing communications agencies, etc.). It is used across our whole organization, which is small: just 4 people.
  • Zoom is great for setting up meetings quickly and easily.
  • Time from first click to being in the meeting space is very fast.
  • Audio and video quality are excellent.
  • I think it is perfect. I can't think of anything it needs to improve on.
Zoom is a Skype-killer, in my opinion. It is appropriate in any kind of scenario where you need to communicate with someone that is not on-site with you. You can send someone a link to a meeting room, and their login process is quick and painless, and requires no learning curve. The first time I used Zoom it was because a frequent user sent me a link, and I was pleased with how quickly I was able to get into a meeting and use the software.
Zoom Rooms are quite easy to set up, are very easy to invite others to, and the user interface is ordered quite well; it is easy to see who is in the meeting and participating, and you can enter the room with audio or video off by default, if you prefer.
Read Tony Ahn's full review
Md Shahinuzzaman profile photo
February 20, 2019

Zoom Review: "Excellent group meeting platform"

Zoom is very effective in my graduate study. I present my work to my colleagues through Zoom. I always join different webinars by using the Zoom software. I can also share my documents through Zoom. The quality of the video conferencing is excellent. I also joined multiple interviews with Zoom. I strongly recommend using Zoom for video conferencing.
  • Video conference.
  • Collaboration.
  • Sharing files.
  • A little bit Slow.
  • More functionality needed.
  • Sound quality is not that good.
If you have a large group of people for video conferencing, then Zoom is the best option for you. In that case, Video quality will be better with reasonable sound quality. If you want one to one interviews, then other software is available that will be fruitful. Overall, I liked Zoom when presenting my work to the audience.
I used Zoom Rooms for my lead sessions. In my class, I showed my slideshow and explained everything using the white-board. I also shared my screen with them to show the points of the presentation. I can also take questions from the audience. I was totally satisfied in using Zoom Rooms.
Read Md Shahinuzzaman's full review
Kate Masucci profile photo
February 19, 2019

"Zoom Review!"

Zoom is used as our Team conference line service. We use it for both internal meetings and also for client calls. It is used by the Strategic Services Team, mainly. It is our Primary Conference line tool at this time.
  • Integrates with Outlook Calendar for scheduling calls.
  • Offers a screenshare/ video call option.
  • Offers a telephone line (+ international #s) along with computer audio option.
  • Offers the ability to annotate on calls.
  • Offers the ability to record calls.
  • Can log meeting to prevent ppl from joining.
  • Screenshare is sometimes glitchy.
  • Having a Zoom meeting open freezes up my computer. Outlook inbox/ calendar will not load when Zoom is running.
  • The telephone audio is sometimes crunchy and hard to hear.
Zoom is well suited for:
-CSMs trying to lead video calls
-conference lines where many folks are joining
-CSMs who want to conduct screenshares with their contacts
-teammates working together
-visual aids
Zoom might not be the best suited for:
-situations where more than one person needs to present at the same time
-situations where more then one person needs to conduct the "annotate" at the same time
-those without a phone or computer access
-those on spotty wifi (poor connection)
Zoom is likely not well suited for those who are hearing or visually impaired. I am not aware of any tools that can assist this base.
Read Kate Masucci's full review
Robert Foreman profile photo
February 15, 2019

Zoom Review: "Easy to use video conferencing software"

Zoom is a video conferencing tool. It allows you to host sessions with cloud-based software. I use it for a number of different ways. I can host training sessions online with teammates who work remotely. I will also use it with clients to discuss buying and marketing strategy. I use the free version.
  • Video conferencing.
  • HD quality.
  • Recordings and transcripts are available.
  • Video on smartphones is spotty.
  • Limited use of tools when on mobile.
  • Audio is choppy on a smartphone.
Video conferencing is a great sales and marketing tool. Although my preference is to do in-house listing presentations, it can be effective when your clients live out of state or if their schedules make in-home visits difficult to plan. I can get clients online, provide them with the marketing presentation and discuss strategy and service without having to leave my home or office.
I haven't yet.
Read Robert Foreman's full review
Jonathan Ganucheau profile photo
February 11, 2019

User Review: "Zoom - the video call champion"

Half of our 300 employees work remotely, and Zoom provides a bridge for all of them to be connected to our home office in Texas. The call clarity of Zoom is really where it shines, and there's no close comparison. Being able to have a natural conversation with any coworker around the world and not have to stumble through glitches, audio interruptions, pauses, and breakups, is wonderful. This video conferencing tool has done wonders to connect our global staff.

It is the main technology we use for one to one calls, group meetings, and also large organization-wide broadcasts from our leadership.
  • Call clarity is unmatched in the industry.
  • Integrations with many popular platforms like Slack, etc.
  • Did I mention call clarity?
  • Zoom has a huge amount of options and settings available to the user, and it can be difficult sometimes to find the setting you're looking for.
Anyone needing to have online video conference calls with individuals or groups should consider Zoom. No one else in the industry even comes close.
We are greatly satisfied with Zoom Rooms. We have even had clients on calls with us taking pictures with their phones to try and figure out what technology we were using because the call was clearer than anything they had ever experienced.
Read Jonathan Ganucheau's full review
Domenico Di Cicco profile photo
February 07, 2019

User Review: "Zoom -- connecting our team"

We use Zoom daily for all our meetings with clients, coworkers and offsite meetings. Our entire commercial department is using Zoom for all external meetings as well. At the moment, our other departments don't use Zoom. It helps us present videos and content across the country in real time,
  • Allows video to view our clients.
  • The collaboration tools are easy to use.
  • Able to mute clients with background noise.
  • Zoom was down a few weeks ago and caused severe headaches for our organization. We had to reschedule the meeting, which hindered the sales process.
  • There is a delay with the audio and mute buttons, which can be frustrating.
  • Sound quality can be poor at times as well.
Zoom has allowed my team to collaborate throughout the country easily. We can share screens, view content and faces in real time. What Zoom could work on is being more reliable during business hours. Their outage cost our company serious issues which we are not sure if we will recover.
Read Domenico Di Cicco's full review
Siva Guru profile photo
February 06, 2019

Zoom Review: "Easy to get together, one of the best collaboration software."

My company is using Zoom. Our company members mostly use it while doing field surveys to relay issues that arise in the field. We also use Zoom to contact international clients.
  • Easy scheduling and rescheduling.
  • Great video and audio.
  • Reliable and good collaboration tool.
  • I can say I have no complaints about Zoom.
One day I had an important meeting in our office. Unfortunately, I was going to the hospital. I was able to use Zoom to still attend the meeting.
I think two times we have used the Zoom Rooms. It went well.
Read Siva Guru's full review
Tyler Morrow profile photo
February 05, 2019

"Zoom review from a SaaS Organization"

Zoom is currently being used by all internal employees that may have a need for a conference line. This is through support, Customer Success, Sales, Engineering, etc. We are an international company, and it provides an easy way to communicate with others (customers or employees) remotely. Zoom is very user-friendly and easy to use.
  • Scheduling through calendars. Zoom has a direct integration for Outlook, Gmail, etc. So having a personal conference line and a direct integration with my email provider makes me never have to actually log in to Zoom to set up a meeting.
  • Controls are super friendly and easy to understand. Doesn't matter who the host is, granting access for all users is vital.
  • Recording. The record feature is beneficial if you need to get shared information out after the meeting. it also compresses the file so it's not huge.
  • The UI hasn't had an update in a few years, so a refresh would be nice.
  • One issue is the conference line associated with the "Zoom" doesn't always work. So making it easy to create a new conference line would be great.
  • Zoom can be buggy when it's connected to a camera or conference room. Some words just automatically turn on Zoom and turn it into a meeting when that's not needed.
Zoom is a great option for any size business if conference lines or video conferencing is needed. It's fairly cheap for the basic user, and the pricing scales well when you move into the enterprise. I prefer Zoom compared to some of the premium models because of the support line. Zoom does a fantastic job taking care of us across org and is readily available to help. Some of the cheaper options I've tried and tested and the support is basic email, or long support waiting times.
We don't currently use Zoom Rooms.
Read Tyler Morrow's full review
Michelle Beatty profile photo
January 24, 2019

Zoom Review: "Great tool for remote companies"

We use Zoom to host internal meetings since our company is fully remote. We also use Zoom to have meetings with clients which allows our consultants to reduce their travel while still engaging face to face with clients. It solves the problem of having to be physically in the same room with each other to have face to face meetings.
  • Allows us to see facial expressions and mannerisms.
  • Easy access to screen sharing which can either be one specific app/window or your whole desktop.
  • Love the ability to record meetings.
  • Recorded meetings show one speaker at a time so you can't see everyone's face.
  • Teams don't have access to recordings of meetings unless the host actually shares it (which they sometimes forget to do).
  • In screen share mode, I wish you could still see the grid of faces, not just a few at a time.
Zoom is easy to use and makes video conferencing very easy. It's ideal for people who have access to high-speed internet and a good, quiet place to take calls. It is not ideal for people with slow internet as there is a lot of "you froze, what did you say", or people who have hectic backgrounds.
Read Michelle Beatty's full review
Miroslav Bobryshev profile photo
January 24, 2019

Zoom Review: "Good connections almost for free"

The program is used daily by the studio for communication between employees working remotely or with clients. It is used to organize private online meetings to discuss short-term tasks or large conferences while involving employees and clients in the creative process.
  • It's a simple, easy meeting setup application.
  • A basic plan (free) has almost everything for personal usage, and for business, there are several advanced plans.
  • Good connections even from mobile carriers.
  • Has a nice chat with GIFs.
  • There is a weak audio/image control in it. It had to mute the audio and to make the video brighter.
  • Not excellent sound filtration. Sometimes the participants could hear themselves and it was confusing.
  • Need to install the app.
  • Only the host could record sound, but it could be hard to start conference because the host could have hardware issues, and the conference is postponed to change host.
It has several plans to use the app. The basic plan is good for personal or indie team's usage. Although meetings have 40 minutes duration, sometimes it could be good for efficiency. Pro plans offer advanced features like API. I can say these plans could be enough for connections between 2-20 participants using all platforms (PC, Mac, Linux, iOs, Android).
We are considering using Zoom Rooms but right now it seems complicated to run all these devices at once without issues. We need some time.
Read Miroslav Bobryshev's full review

High quality audio (266)
High quality video (266)
Low bandwidth requirements (225)
Desktop sharing (260)
9.2
Whiteboards (149)
Calendar integration (224)
Meeting initiation (256)
Integrates with social media (92)
Record meetings / events (241)
Slideshows (154)
Live chat (228)
Audience polling (116)
Q&A (137)
User authentication (162)
Participant roles & permissions (191)
Confidential attendee list (125)

About Zoom

Zoom is an online meeting and video conferencing platform.