Reviews (1-5 of 5)
- Support for recurring and non-recurring items
- Strong dashboards and visualizations to model and predict sales performance
- Good technical support
- Strong product road map -- new features are added on a consistent basis
- Given that we have both a self-service and direct sales model, it would be fantastic if we could directly customize the invoices a little more to make sure our terms reflect our contracts
- We should be able to see the total price before we invoice or add to unbilled charges in the case that we are manually setting up an account
- Simple interface that new employees are able to navigate fairly easily
- Provides simple dashboard information you need.
- Really love the dunning that makes it much easier for us to collect expired credit card info. Otherwise we'd be doing it manually and that would be a huge pain
- It wasn't allowing us to add a one time purchase without making it an ongoing subscription with only one payment. They may have fixed it very recently but that was a big pain from a reporting perspective (it was including one time purchasers as subscribers)
- Email automation is not very robust. Difficult to customize triggers by subscription, you have to send the same message to all subscribers for a specific action
- Wish it had a way to write off and cancel the subscription of customers who haven't updated their cc info. That can be a long painful and very manual process. And if that feature is available somewhere they don't do a good job of making that clear.
- Recurring billing
- Managing billing details and subscriptions
- Automating sign up and management for customers
- Simplifying account setup process for customers
- Their backend is great, but still being improved a lot (which is great), but sometimes it can be at the cost of consistent workflows because of changing setting layouts.
- Automated dunning. On failed payments, Chargebee smartly attempts to collect the payment at a future date.
- Support: the support staff at Chargebee has been very helpful and taken care of the few headaches we've had, for us.
- Automated request for payment information updates. This is a small but mighty feature. What used to be a long thread of emails is now a simple one-click automated solution.
- Pricing: it feels a bit expensive to me, especially now that Stripe has released a similar set of tools for free. They'll have to step up their feature set a bit to stay on top.
- Interface design. It is fine but feels a little clunky.
- Ability to set up pricing experiments smoothly
- Manage subscriptions, overages, upgrades
- Integration and managing multiple payment gateways
- Managing multi-currency billing and country taxes
- Tracking our metrics closely: Churn, revenue, growth and more
- Ability to manage subscriptions of customers and upgrade them swiftly with one click. Manage overages easily.
- Integration with tools such as Xero, Intuit Books
- Ability to manage multi-currency and tax settings across countries
- The only feature the could use improvement is probably invoicing for past date and future dates
Chargebee Scorecard Summary
Chargebee is a PCI DSS Level 1 certified recurring billing system for SaaS and subscription based eCommerce businesses.
This customizable platform supports 30+ leading worldwide payment gateway integrations, such as Stripe, Braintree etc., and alternative payment methods like PayPal and Amazon Payments - to allow users to automate payment collection, invoicing, email notifications and subscription management.
According the vendor, with the real-time, actionable SaaS metrics and analytics insights provided on the dashboard, users can understand the unit economics of their subscription business and drive their business growth with ease.
Businesses can also add unlimited users/user roles, with role based access, so that their support, sales and accounting teams have access to the relevant, up-to-date information on their customers.
With power packed integrations such as Shopify, Squarespace, MailChimp, ShipStation, Refersion, Google Analytics, and Zapier - businesses can sell their subscription products online, send personalized emails to their subscribers, ship their products, create referral programs, track the customer behaviours and integrate with hundreds of other web apps - all in one place.
With customers in over 48 countries, Chargebee says it offers the smartest solution for managing subscription billing and provides a scalable platform for businesses to grow, without worrying about losing control or creating administrative nightmares.
|Launch Plan (Free tier from Beta to Growth Stage - $50k aggregate revenue free)||$0|
|Standard Plan||$99||per month|
|Pro Plan||$199||per month|
|Enterprise Plan||$599||per month|
No transaction based fees. No setup cost. No monthly contracts. No hidden fees.
Chargebee Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Chargebee Technical Details
|Supported Countries:||United States, United Kingdom, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Gibraltar, Germany, Greece, Guernsey, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Isle of Man, Ireland, Italy, Jersey, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Vatican City|