ChargeBee is an all in one subscription billing solution designed to handle all the complexity of recurring billing. The product integrates with a range of other SaaS applications including SalesForce, accounting, and order fulfillment systems. Some key features include: Managed Subscription Billing, Flexible Billing Support and Automated Notifications.https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/e7/W2/H49J4I0NUTTF.PNGChargebee for a one-man bandI use Chargebee to handle subscriptions. Part of my company offers web hosting and management and this is how we provide recurring billing model.,I appreciate how Chargebee makes it very simple to create and manage plans and coupons. Flexible coupons is a big plus. I have several plans, with and without signup fees. flexible coupons make it easy to apply them to the entire plan or just the setup fee. Chargebee also handles getting customers to update their expired cards. There is a simple email that gives them quick access to their personal login. It's already written for you, just personalize it and send!,One area that is difficult is that I don't have an easy way to allow users to select their own plan options. I have monthly and yearly plans, but no way to let the customer choose (not without custom code). This is the one thing that has caused extra work for me. Configuring additional custom fields in the checkout form is possible, but not very intuitive.,10,Chargebee has been the foundation of my business because it has provided a way to establish a recurring revenue model in my business. I joined Chargebee a long time ago and might be grandfathered into a previous plan, but they have given me a way to be profitable from day one.,,WordPress, QuickBooks Online, Harvest, StripeEXCELLENT. Has everything you need. Wonderful people.I used it for all my transactions. It was very helpful in solving all my charging and invoicing problems, including those that were subscription-based. I liked that I could just add in the details of the client and charge any amount for anything straight away for anything so easily. No cumbersome setups.,Customer service. They are speedy and warm. I LOVE that they think of their clients. They even allow the businesses that are starting out to come on board for free for their first $50k, which is a GODSEND. They also sent out gifts when I was their free client.. it was amazing to me that they would do that. I love that I can just charge anything to a client's credit card without entering an address, especially when I need it done fast, and it will go right through, and the invoice will land right in a client's inbox. I love how detailed they are with their email reminders, dunning and other areas related to credit card compliance that I had no idea was needed!,One-time charge will definitely need improvement. Given, they ARE a subscription-based sales software, but a better one-time charge functionality isn't that hard to do. Pricing based on the usage and/or amount I put through Chargebee. I didn't use Chargebee too much, which was really why I stopped using it, but I would have continued if they could fit my usage to a reasonable price for their software. Offline payments are harder to record. I don't know why I cannot send an offline invoice straight away to the client, it just goes to unpaid invoices first to be sent out at the next billing term. My clients get a surprise "UNPAID" invoice when I put in a new offline invoice for them... only for me to record their invoice as paid 5 mins later.,10,I can't say in terms of sales, but my efficiency rate has definitely improved by 50-80%. Clients can just "set it and forget it" in terms of payments, that's a 50% improvement from before. I can resolve a credit card problem immediately compared to before.,Stripe,G Suite, Acuity Scheduling, Zapier,Plans were very easy to set up. Charging a client for anything at any price was very easy. Putting in a credit card for a new client was easy.,A one-time charge plan should be able to be set up without having to do it subscription style. Offline payments should be easier to set up. Because Chargebee was created for developers, it wasn't easy for me to use at first.,Yes, but I don't use it,8Best Subscription Billing and Management Software for StartupsWe use Chargebee to track our annual recurring revenue, churn, leads and other necessary metrics for a SaaS business. We also use Chargebee's revenue story to understand predictions about growth. Chargebee sometimes also helps understand a particular account's subscription, pricing and the number of agents they are currently using with our product.,Chargebee is a great software to know about your subscription revenue. Easy to use and has a great UI. Also, love the Revenue Story platform on top which provides a good overall picture.,The dashboard cannot be customized and does not provide a good API to connect to other dashboard software.,9,Does not work towards an ROI angle but is super helpful in terms of tracking and is really important to have a system like Chargebee in place.,Wistia, Zoom, AutopilotA great product for quickly capturing recurring revenue for your SaaS companyChargebee is being used throughout our organisation to manage our whole software as a service solution. We have only had the installation implemented for about 6 months, but already it has revolutionised how we charge our customers. The setup was very simple and we had the whole solution set up within a few hours.,Easy subscription management system. Pro rata amounts all automatically calculated etc. Great customer service. We talked to them and had almost immediate responses. Chargebee has great customer management. Click into a customer to see everything about them immediately.,Chargebee's cost is higher than expected. One time when I tried to downgrade the plan to a cheaper plan, they took a few days to reply and eventually got me changed a few weeks later (after one more payment cycle).,9,Our ROI is still being measured. We have only been implemented for a short amount of time. We have removed our old invoicing system and now automatically collect the SaaS revenue.,Xero, HubSpot Sales, JIRA SoftwareOur Revenue Grew 4x Last Year using ChargebeeChargebee has been our SaaS billing platform from inception. The rich feature set has really provided the framework for us to grow all areas of our business. Our subscription model does have many complexities -- with recurring and non-recurring items. We have found that Chargebee has met the need at every turn.,Support for recurring and non-recurring items Strong dashboards and visualizations to model and predict sales performance Good technical support Strong product road map -- new features are added on a consistent basis,Given that we have both a self-service and direct sales model, it would be fantastic if we could directly customize the invoices a little more to make sure our terms reflect our contracts We should be able to see the total price before we invoice or add to unbilled charges in the case that we are manually setting up an account,8,In what is actually quite unique, all teams outside finance interact with Chargebee in some way -- from our customer success teams, monitoring renewals and triaging customers who may churn, to sales after deals have been made and product (who message people who have upgraded their plans faster than average to understand what we are doing that resonates in value) Given we were early adopters, I wasn't sure if our revenue growth and demands would force a change in the platform to accommodate changes in scale. I am pleased that we haven't had to bear the costs of needing something new, as Chargebee has been and will continue to be a strong partner of ours into the future.,Zuora, Fusebill and RecurlyGreat Subscription Management and Dunning service!Chargebee is being used as our subscription management platform. Braintree's functionality for managing subscribers is very limited, which means we would have had to have built our own interface to manage subscriptions between our payment processor (Braintree) and our customer database. This would have tied us up on developing our product, which costs us time and we wouldn't have had as robust of a product in the end as Chargebee already has.,Simple interface that new employees are able to navigate fairly easily Provides simple dashboard information you need. Really love the dunning that makes it much easier for us to collect expired credit card info. Otherwise we'd be doing it manually and that would be a huge pain,It wasn't allowing us to add a one time purchase without making it an ongoing subscription with only one payment. They may have fixed it very recently but that was a big pain from a reporting perspective (it was including one time purchasers as subscribers) Email automation is not very robust. Difficult to customize triggers by subscription, you have to send the same message to all subscribers for a specific action Wish it had a way to write off and cancel the subscription of customers who haven't updated their cc info. That can be a long painful and very manual process. And if that feature is available somewhere they don't do a good job of making that clear.,9,Chargebee has allowed us to focus on the most important part of our business: the product, instead of cumbersome development to manage subscriptions. The time ROI that it saved allowing us to get our product to market was invaluable. Chargebee also made sense financially. Paying the subscription was far cheaper than developing something similar (or even far inferior) ourselves Overall it's saved us quite a bit of time, money, and allows employees to easily manage subscriptions which is extremely important to us.,Recurly,Trello, Asana, AirtableThe best recurring billing. Period.We use it to perform all monthly and one-time billing of clients and securely manage all our customer accounts. It's used by billing department primarily but does have applications in other areas. It's a game changer in terms of hassle-free recurring billing. I've literally used every single other option and this is hands down the best one.,Recurring billing Managing billing details and subscriptions Automating sign up and management for customers Simplifying account setup process for customers,Their backend is great, but still being improved a lot (which is great), but sometimes it can be at the cost of consistent workflows because of changing setting layouts. They no longer formally offer their landing pages feature and only offer embedded Javascript which is ok for some applications, but unfortunately limits some applications,10,Very positive, has led to increased growth and simplified tracking,,Trello, Google Analytics, XeroSubscription payments system with great support and integrationsWe use Chargebee to manage several hundred monthly subscriptions for our clients. Prior to this, we were using a typical invoicing system. Chargebee has automated hours and hours of AR, collections, and accounting work and provided our clients with an easy to use platform for managing their payment information. It has also automated communications that help keep our clients informed of their upcoming payments, account status, payment method expiration, etc.,Automated dunning. On failed payments, Chargebee smartly attempts to collect the payment at a future date. Support: the support staff at Chargebee has been very helpful and taken care of the few headaches we've had, for us. Automated request for payment information updates. This is a small but mighty feature. What used to be a long thread of emails is now a simple one-click automated solution.,Pricing: it feels a bit expensive to me, especially now that Stripe has released a similar set of tools for free. They'll have to step up their feature set a bit to stay on top. Interface design. It is fine but feels a little clunky.,10,A massive time saver. Resulting in more time spent on billable work. Better communication with clients. Timely notifications of payments due, etc. Automated payment collection for both subscriptions and invoices.,Xero, Stripe and Recurly,Xero, Asana, SupportBeePerfect solution for B2B SaaS BusinessesChargebee is used by multiple teams within our company: Sales, Product and Customer Success. It solves a bunch of problems for us - Ability to set up pricing experiments smoothlyManage subscriptions, overages, upgradesIntegration and managing multiple payment gatewaysManaging multi-currency billing and country taxesTracking our metrics closely: Churn, revenue, growth and more,Ability to manage subscriptions of customers and upgrade them swiftly with one click. Manage overages easily. Integration with tools such as Xero, Intuit Books Ability to manage multi-currency and tax settings across countries,The only feature the could use improvement is probably invoicing for past date and future dates,10,Huge productivity impact for Customer Success Most of the modern subscription tools like Chargebee help you with Dunning - i.e automated retries to charge the card on the file. You can set the frequency and number of charging attempts. In our case, payment failures post all dunning attempts are considered as a red flag. We use a combination of Stripe + Chargebee to manage our recurring billing. The bulk of our contracts are monthly and we now ensure that all customers get renewed between UTC 6 AM to UTC 5 PM on 1st of every month. We basically get money from all subscription renewals in the bank on 1st of the month. This has a definite impact on the cash flow predictability. It helps you also identify and plan your expenses.,Chargify,Stripe, Drift, Trello
Chargebee

Chargebee Reviews

Chargebee
Filter 15 vetted Chargebee reviews and ratings

jeffrey samorano profile photo
February 05, 2019

User Review: "Chargebee for a one-man band"

• I appreciate how Chargebee makes it very simple to create and manage plans and coupons.
  • Flexible coupons is a big plus. I have several plans, with and without signup fees. flexible coupons make it easy to apply them to the entire plan or just the setup fee.
  • Chargebee also handles getting customers to update their expired cards. There is a simple email that gives them quick access to their personal login. It's already written for you, just personalize it and send!
  • One area that is difficult is that I don't have an easy way to allow users to select their own plan options. I have monthly and yearly plans, but no way to let the customer choose (not without custom code). This is the one thing that has caused extra work for me.
  • Configuring additional custom fields in the checkout form is possible, but not very intuitive.
Chargebee is perfect for a small business/entrepreneur offering a limited product/service. As long as the plans are simple, this is a great solution.

If your services rely on multiple options or complex plan structure, this might not be a fit.
Read jeffrey samorano's full review
Cherlyn Chong profile photo
February 03, 2019

Chargebee Review: "EXCELLENT. Has everything you need. Wonderful people."

• Customer service. They are speedy and warm. I LOVE that they think of their clients. They even allow the businesses that are starting out to come on board for free for their first $50k, which is a GODSEND. They also sent out gifts when I was their free client.. it was amazing to me that they would do that.
  • I love that I can just charge anything to a client's credit card without entering an address, especially when I need it done fast, and it will go right through, and the invoice will land right in a client's inbox.
  • I love how detailed they are with their email reminders, dunning and other areas related to credit card compliance that I had no idea was needed!
  • One-time charge will definitely need improvement. Given, they ARE a subscription-based sales software, but a better one-time charge functionality isn't that hard to do.
  • Pricing based on the usage and/or amount I put through Chargebee. I didn't use Chargebee too much, which was really why I stopped using it, but I would have continued if they could fit my usage to a reasonable price for their software.
  • Offline payments are harder to record. I don't know why I cannot send an offline invoice straight away to the client, it just goes to unpaid invoices first to be sent out at the next billing term. My clients get a surprise "UNPAID" invoice when I put in a new offline invoice for them... only for me to record their invoice as paid 5 mins later.
It's very very suitable for the budding entrepreneur. It's just easy to use and more straightforward than other systems. It literally has everything you want in there.
Read Cherlyn Chong's full review
Nivas Ravichandran profile photo
February 03, 2019

Chargebee Review: "Best Subscription Billing and Management Software for Startups"

• Chargebee is a great software to know about your subscription revenue.
  • Easy to use and has a great UI.
  • Also, love the Revenue Story platform on top which provides a good overall picture.
  • The dashboard cannot be customized and does not provide a good API to connect to other dashboard software.
Chargebee can be super helpful to quickly know your MRR, ARR, churn, sales trend or revenue trend over a month, 3 months, 6 months or a year. Works well for subscription businesses like a charm.

Chargebee does not provide a mobile app dashboard to quickly check revenue and other important metrics and can be a pain at times to log in through a web browser.
Read Nivas Ravichandran's full review
Andrew Humphries profile photo
February 03, 2019

Chargebee Review: "A great product for quickly capturing recurring revenue for your SaaS company"

• Easy subscription management system. Pro rata amounts all automatically calculated etc.
  • Great customer service. We talked to them and had almost immediate responses.
  • Chargebee has great customer management. Click into a customer to see everything about them immediately.
  • Chargebee's cost is higher than expected.
  • One time when I tried to downgrade the plan to a cheaper plan, they took a few days to reply and eventually got me changed a few weeks later (after one more payment cycle).
Great product for small SAAS companies wanting to get up and sorted in a short amount of time
Read Andrew Humphries's full review
Dailius Wilson profile photo
January 12, 2019

Review: "Our Revenue Grew 4x Last Year using Chargebee"

• Support for recurring and non-recurring items
  • Strong dashboards and visualizations to model and predict sales performance
  • Good technical support
  • Strong product road map -- new features are added on a consistent basis
  • Given that we have both a self-service and direct sales model, it would be fantastic if we could directly customize the invoices a little more to make sure our terms reflect our contracts
  • We should be able to see the total price before we invoice or add to unbilled charges in the case that we are manually setting up an account
Chargebee is a fantastic solution that really meets the needs of any online business from Saas to e-commerce. I have had experience with many platforms both as a leader and as a consultant, and Chargebee is the platform I have liked the most. I think it also balances feature set with usability -- many platforms like Zuora overcomplicate matters at times or can be too rigid when it comes to certain business use cases.
Read Dailius Wilson's full review
Brad Henderson profile photo
June 01, 2018

Chargebee Review: "Great Subscription Management and Dunning service!"

• Simple interface that new employees are able to navigate fairly easily
  • Provides simple dashboard information you need.
  • Really love the dunning that makes it much easier for us to collect expired credit card info. Otherwise we'd be doing it manually and that would be a huge pain
  • It wasn't allowing us to add a one time purchase without making it an ongoing subscription with only one payment. They may have fixed it very recently but that was a big pain from a reporting perspective (it was including one time purchasers as subscribers)
  • Email automation is not very robust. Difficult to customize triggers by subscription, you have to send the same message to all subscribers for a specific action
  • Wish it had a way to write off and cancel the subscription of customers who haven't updated their cc info. That can be a long painful and very manual process. And if that feature is available somewhere they don't do a good job of making that clear.
It's great for an early stage startup who doesn't have the resources to build in all of the subscription management features they need. It has a great free tier that makes it very accessible to a young startup. It's also great for a growing startup but it may not be the best fit for a more mature startup with the resources and need to build something a bit more custom.
Read Brad Henderson's full review
Gabriel Stein profile photo
June 20, 2018

Chargebee Review: "The best recurring billing. Period."

• Recurring billing
  • Managing billing details and subscriptions
  • Automating sign up and management for customers
  • Simplifying account setup process for customers
  • Their backend is great, but still being improved a lot (which is great), but sometimes it can be at the cost of consistent workflows because of changing setting layouts.
  • They no longer formally offer their landing pages feature and only offer embedded Javascript which is ok for some applications, but unfortunately limits some applications
Great a small to medium business who wants to offer recurring services and needs a way to manage and track customer behavior, and run it through a high quality trusted gateway.
Read Gabriel Stein's full review
Matt Heerema profile photo
June 12, 2018

Chargebee Review: "Subscription payments system with great support and integrations"

• Automated dunning. On failed payments, Chargebee smartly attempts to collect the payment at a future date.
  • Support: the support staff at Chargebee has been very helpful and taken care of the few headaches we've had, for us.
  • Automated request for payment information updates. This is a small but mighty feature. What used to be a long thread of emails is now a simple one-click automated solution.
  • Pricing: it feels a bit expensive to me, especially now that Stripe has released a similar set of tools for free. They'll have to step up their feature set a bit to stay on top.
  • Interface design. It is fine but feels a little clunky.
If you have a large number of small transactions on a recurring basis (subscriptions), Chargebee is for you. A small agency such as mine that does not have dedicated sales/collections/accounting staff will benefit greatly.
Read Matt Heerema's full review
Vivek Khandelwal profile photo
June 07, 2018

Chargebee Review: "Perfect solution for B2B SaaS Businesses"

• Ability to set up pricing experiments smoothly
  • Manage subscriptions, overages, upgrades
  • Integration and managing multiple payment gateways
  • Managing multi-currency billing and country taxes
  • Tracking our metrics closely: Churn, revenue, growth and more
  • Ability to manage subscriptions of customers and upgrade them swiftly with one click. Manage overages easily.
  • Integration with tools such as Xero, Intuit Books
  • Ability to manage multi-currency and tax settings across countries
  • The only feature the could use improvement is probably invoicing for past date and future dates
Amazing for B2B SaaS Businesses - especially the ones in the growth or setup stage. Chargebee has a great plan for startups which allows smaller businesses to get set up without investing lot of money. Their startup plan also allows businesses to collect up to 50K USD without any upfront cost.
Read Vivek Khandelwal's full review

About Chargebee

Chargebee is a PCI DSS Level 1 certified recurring billing system for SaaS and subscription based eCommerce businesses.

This customizable platform supports 30+ leading worldwide payment gateway integrations, such as Stripe, Braintree etc., and alternative payment methods like PayPal and Amazon Payments - to allow users to automate payment collection, invoicing, email notifications and subscription management.

According the vendor, with the real-time, actionable SaaS metrics and analytics insights provided on the dashboard, users can understand the unit economics of their subscription business and drive their business growth with ease.

Businesses can also add unlimited users/user roles, with role based access, so that their support, sales and accounting teams have access to the relevant, up-to-date information on their customers.

With power packed integrations such as Shopify, Squarespace, MailChimp, ShipStation, Refersion, Google Analytics, and Zapier - businesses can sell their subscription products online, send personalized emails to their subscribers, ship their products, create referral programs, track the customer behaviours and integrate with hundreds of other web apps - all in one place.

With customers in over 48 countries, Chargebee says it offers the smartest solution for managing subscription billing and provides a scalable platform for businesses to grow, without worrying about losing control or creating administrative nightmares.