Reviews (1-12 of 12)
audience and I am in a better position of having an insight into any sales
order. Maintaining the balance about the overall sales process has been easy
since its implementation because the subscriptions help me discover the new
revenue potential and turn them into outcomes.
- Chargebee offers me various subscription plans that touch my marketing strategy and influence productivity.
- Chargebee offers me new subscription plans rapidly with flexible billing frequencies and provides me easy configuration.
- Invoice automation is completely easy and advanced.
- There is some issue with the offline invoices and, of course, to manage the offline payments is also very difficult.
- Email automation is very difficult to handle. Further, I think more subsidized plans could be made available to the customers.
insight about the entire sales process and you will be in a better position to
assist your team. It will also provide you a direction to work in. It offers good subscription plans and I look upon it as a universal platform, as it
will benefit any product selling group.
- Reliable: We've had virtually no issues since launch.
- Care about customers: Chargebee's account managers/support team have always been very helpful/responsive.
- Feature-rich: Chargebee has a ton of features that help us do what we want and they are consistently adding new features every quarter.
- UI can be a little confusing. Overall, a solid though and way better than Zuora.
- Integration took a long time. Again, think this is a problem across all their competitors as well
- Integrates well with our tool to handle licensing for users in our SaaS tool.
- Easy to generate trials of our tool.
- Mobile optimized interface is nonexistent.
- I believe that there are too many buttons to push to extend a trial. The interface grows on you as you use it, but could be more intuitive.
- I appreciate how Chargebee makes it very simple to create and manage plans and coupons.
- Flexible coupons is a big plus. I have several plans, with and without signup fees. flexible coupons make it easy to apply them to the entire plan or just the setup fee.
- Chargebee also handles getting customers to update their expired cards. There is a simple email that gives them quick access to their personal login. It's already written for you, just personalize it and send!
- One area that is difficult is that I don't have an easy way to allow users to select their own plan options. I have monthly and yearly plans, but no way to let the customer choose (not without custom code). This is the one thing that has caused extra work for me.
- Configuring additional custom fields in the checkout form is possible, but not very intuitive.
If your services rely on multiple options or complex plan structure, this might not be a fit.
- Chargebee is a great software to know about your subscription revenue.
- Easy to use and has a great UI.
- Also, love the Revenue Story platform on top which provides a good overall picture.
- The dashboard cannot be customized and does not provide a good API to connect to other dashboard software.
Chargebee does not provide a mobile app dashboard to quickly check revenue and other important metrics and can be a pain at times to log in through a web browser.
- Easy subscription management system. Pro rata amounts all automatically calculated etc.
- Great customer service. We talked to them and had almost immediate responses.
- Chargebee has great customer management. Click into a customer to see everything about them immediately.
- Chargebee's cost is higher than expected.
- One time when I tried to downgrade the plan to a cheaper plan, they took a few days to reply and eventually got me changed a few weeks later (after one more payment cycle).
- Support for recurring and non-recurring items
- Strong dashboards and visualizations to model and predict sales performance
- Good technical support
- Strong product road map -- new features are added on a consistent basis
- Given that we have both a self-service and direct sales model, it would be fantastic if we could directly customize the invoices a little more to make sure our terms reflect our contracts
- We should be able to see the total price before we invoice or add to unbilled charges in the case that we are manually setting up an account
- Simple interface that new employees are able to navigate fairly easily
- Provides simple dashboard information you need.
- Really love the dunning that makes it much easier for us to collect expired credit card info. Otherwise we'd be doing it manually and that would be a huge pain
- It wasn't allowing us to add a one time purchase without making it an ongoing subscription with only one payment. They may have fixed it very recently but that was a big pain from a reporting perspective (it was including one time purchasers as subscribers)
- Email automation is not very robust. Difficult to customize triggers by subscription, you have to send the same message to all subscribers for a specific action
- Wish it had a way to write off and cancel the subscription of customers who haven't updated their cc info. That can be a long painful and very manual process. And if that feature is available somewhere they don't do a good job of making that clear.
- Recurring billing
- Managing billing details and subscriptions
- Automating sign up and management for customers
- Simplifying account setup process for customers
- Their backend is great, but still being improved a lot (which is great), but sometimes it can be at the cost of consistent workflows because of changing setting layouts.
- Automated dunning. On failed payments, Chargebee smartly attempts to collect the payment at a future date.
- Support: the support staff at Chargebee has been very helpful and taken care of the few headaches we've had, for us.
- Automated request for payment information updates. This is a small but mighty feature. What used to be a long thread of emails is now a simple one-click automated solution.
- Pricing: it feels a bit expensive to me, especially now that Stripe has released a similar set of tools for free. They'll have to step up their feature set a bit to stay on top.
- Interface design. It is fine but feels a little clunky.
- Ability to set up pricing experiments smoothly
- Manage subscriptions, overages, upgrades
- Integration and managing multiple payment gateways
- Managing multi-currency billing and country taxes
- Tracking our metrics closely: Churn, revenue, growth and more
- Ability to manage subscriptions of customers and upgrade them swiftly with one click. Manage overages easily.
- Integration with tools such as Xero, Intuit Books
- Ability to manage multi-currency and tax settings across countries
- The only feature the could use improvement is probably invoicing for past date and future dates
- Customer service. They are speedy and warm. I LOVE that they think of their clients. They even allow the businesses that are starting out to come on board for free for their first $50k, which is a GODSEND. They also sent out gifts when I was their free client.. it was amazing to me that they would do that.
- I love that I can just charge anything to a client's credit card without entering an address, especially when I need it done fast, and it will go right through, and the invoice will land right in a client's inbox.
- I love how detailed they are with their email reminders, dunning and other areas related to credit card compliance that I had no idea was needed!
- One-time charge will definitely need improvement. Given, they ARE a subscription-based sales software, but a better one-time charge functionality isn't that hard to do.
- Pricing based on the usage and/or amount I put through Chargebee. I didn't use Chargebee too much, which was really why I stopped using it, but I would have continued if they could fit my usage to a reasonable price for their software.
- Offline payments are harder to record. I don't know why I cannot send an offline invoice straight away to the client, it just goes to unpaid invoices first to be sent out at the next billing term. My clients get a surprise "UNPAID" invoice when I put in a new offline invoice for them... only for me to record their invoice as paid 5 mins later.
Chargebee Scorecard Summary
What is Chargebee?
Chargebee is a PCI DSS Level 1 certified recurring billing system for SaaS and subscription based eCommerce businesses.
This customizable platform supports 30+ leading worldwide payment gateway integrations, such as Stripe, Braintree etc., and alternative payment methods like PayPal and Amazon Payments - to allow users to automate payment collection, invoicing, email notifications and subscription management.
According the vendor, with the real-time, actionable SaaS metrics and analytics insights provided on the dashboard, users can understand the unit economics of their subscription business and drive their business growth with ease.
Businesses can also add unlimited users/user roles, with role based access, so that their support, sales and accounting teams have access to the relevant, up-to-date information on their customers.
With power packed integrations such as Shopify, Squarespace, MailChimp, ShipStation, Refersion, Google Analytics, and Zapier - businesses can sell their subscription products online, send personalized emails to their subscribers, ship their products, create referral programs, track the customer behaviours and integrate with hundreds of other web apps - all in one place.
With customers in over 48 countries, Chargebee says it offers the smartest solution for managing subscription billing and provides a scalable platform for businesses to grow, without worrying about losing control or creating administrative nightmares.
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?No
|Enterprise||Contact sales team|
No transaction based fees. No setup cost. No monthly contracts. No hidden fees.
Chargebee Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Chargebee Technical Details
|Supported Countries:||United States, United Kingdom, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Gibraltar, Germany, Greece, Guernsey, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Isle of Man, Ireland, Italy, Jersey, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Vatican City|